PDA

View Full Version : Sheldon Wilson from Anadarko

picasso
12/9/2011, 09:21 PM
Is he not considered a D-1 player? Grade risk?
I just see his numbers and they're scary impressive. Regardless of what class he plays. I've seen many small school players in our state go on to produce very well in big time college ball.

8timechamps
12/10/2011, 12:56 PM
He's not graded on Rivals, but looks like there are about 15 teams on his radar (OU and OSU are among them).

picasso
12/12/2011, 02:45 PM
Looks like he'd be a good slot guy.

stoopified
12/12/2011, 04:14 PM
If I had a scholly to give,he would get it.His finals performance was OFF THE HOOK.OK,I feel a little silly using that expression but the kid is impressive.

JRAM
12/28/2011, 12:00 PM
GRADES A SERIOUS ISSUE.

picasso
12/28/2011, 04:15 PM
GRADES A SERIOUS ISSUE.
At Anadarko? Pure silliness.

dwarthog
1/20/2012, 12:04 PM
Article in the Daily Oklahoman today about this young man.

He's going to NEO and apparently OU coaches have already been in contact with the NEO coaches indicating they will be interested in him in a couple of years.

picasso
1/20/2012, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. I wish him well.

StoopTroup
1/20/2012, 09:43 PM
Yeah....if you like the Kid and can't get him a Schollie there is always steer him towards a Juco School and then let him know you'll get him a Schollie if he proves he can make the grades and play and if he still doesn't show SuperStar potential....you can always inform him how to get the financial aid he needs to come to School at OU and give him names of guys that did believe in themselves enough to find the money and make the grades and play in Div IA Football at an Elite Football Program.

If he doesn't take that advice...he can always try to prove us wrong and go somewhere else and make us feel like we made a mistake. Then he ends up in the NFL with a great Story about this kid from Anadarko that no one believed in but he believed and one day he ended up playing in the NFL.

There's no shame in not picking up every kid that felt like he might be a gamble. If a kid doesn't gamble on himself....and try to get the money to go to OU and Walk-on....why would you as a Coach suddenly take a chance on him if you just weren't sure.

It's such a hard decision for these Coaches I'm sure....especially when there are so many with this kind of story.

Usually the greatest stories are when they prove everyone wrong and end up in the Hall of Fame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofj_7vr451Y

StoopTroup
1/20/2012, 10:12 PM
Article in the Daily Oklahoman today about this young man.

He's going to NEO and apparently OU coaches have already been in contact with the NEO coaches indicating they will be interested in him in a couple of years.

Sorry didn't read your response. Sounds like he'll be at OU if he keeps his end up.

JiuJitsuSooner
1/20/2012, 11:56 PM
The way he's built and runs, he reminds me of a young Demond Parker

dwarthog
1/21/2012, 05:27 PM
Sorry didn't read your response. Sounds like he'll be at OU if he keeps his end up.

No problem ST, your post pointed that the young man has a lot of options, if he believes in himself and commits to some hard work.

Who knows, it may be a wonderful story in a couple of years like you said.