PDA

View Full Version : 12/10: Sooner men beat Arkansas

badger
12/9/2011, 12:35 PM
It's time to BEAT ARKANSAS!

What time is it?

BEAT ARKANSAS TIME!

You have till 2 p.m. Saturday to BEAT ARKANSAS... and vBet.

PS: Fraschilla has his own cheering section now, so I'm upping his odds ten-fold.

Ton Loc
12/9/2011, 01:13 PM
I'm hoping for a techinical while Franschilla is in the game - I think this is our best chance.

badger
12/9/2011, 01:57 PM
I'm hoping for a techinical while Franschilla is in the game - I think this is our best chance.

Yer killin' me Fraschilla. The crowd was calling for TJ and James to go in, three students body painted themselves with Fraschilla's #13 and when they go in? They run out the clock. Fraschilla got passed the ball... and passed it away. BOOOOOOOO!

Anyway, 130 to 1 for this game only.

Mad Dog Madsen
12/9/2011, 05:37 PM
Fraschilla has only played like what, 2 mins all year? I'm not liking his chances against the Hogs.

badger
12/9/2011, 05:49 PM
Fraschilla has only played like what, 2 mins all year? I'm not liking his chances against the Hogs.

I don't give 130 to 1 odds every vBookie event. Fraschilla did get into last night's game and if we play as well as we're capable of and the SEC sucks at basketball as much they're capable of sucking, Fraschilla is going to see the court.

Did I mention he has his own cheering section now?

130 to 1! Do you realize how much you'd have it you bet it all on Fraschilla?

badger
12/10/2011, 12:07 PM
I like that we're all picking OU here :)

Arkansas will be a big challenge though.

If you have the means (I unfortunately do not today), Lon and the guys deserve a big LNC crowd.

2 p.m. today at LNC

Tickets: $10, $20 and $30 unless you're a student --- $5 for OU students!

IN ADDITION: Saturday's game marks Military Appreciation Day. Active duty members and veterans may purchase $5 tickets. USA! USA!

For people like me that can't make it, let the athletics department know that you want to continue seeing as many televised games as they've been showing this year in high def, on the radio or the web!

2:07 p.m. tipoff:

TV: KAUT Ch. 43 in Oklahoma City, KOTV Ch. 6 in Tulsa, ESPN Full Court

Radio: KOKC 1520 AM in Oklahoma City, KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa, Sirius 134, XM 195

Webcast: SoonerSports.com All-Access

vBetting advice:

I am really surprised (but happy!) that you all are picking OU over Arkansas. You might recall that they just had a big name hire and a big name transfer. I'm referring to head coach Anderson formerly of Mizzou and that-kid-from-Vertigris-who-seems-a-bit-of-a-head-case Rotnei Clarke, who transferred to Butler.

However, it's not a bad vBet to make. Arkansas is coming off a loss to UConn and even lost at home to Houston, giving them a 5-2 record so far. Our only loss of course was in the 76 Classic championship game to St. Louis and their big name, big everything coach.

We have several scorers that could get the 25 point cheevo (I'll just tell those of you without Xbox Live: Basically, in-game achievements have the internet nickname "cheevo," which is how I'll refer to in-game achievements on vBookie here on out). Cam Clark has averaged 17 ppg over the past few, Pledge has 16, and Fitz has 14.5.

The other guy that could get 25, or be our double-double cheevo today? Romero Osby. He had a foul-out bad stat game in our win over ORU. He couldn't get anything going, but he's a great player, so what do great players do after bad games? Have career games. Hell, he might go off for a TRIPLE double after his poor ORU performance!

According to SS.com we lead the conference in offensive boards and also have a very good rebounding comparison with opponents, making the 10 board cheevo another good one to take. Our-rebounding Arkansas? That will be tough.

The LESS THAN 10 turnover cheevo is a special number for a special reason: Our lowest turnover game was our first exhibition, with 10 exactly. Since then, the men's team hasn't been as bad as their female counterparts (grrrrrrrrr) at turning over the ball, and have usually only had about 12-15, respectively. Thus, cut that number to 9 or less would not only likely lead us to victory, but also, would be our lowest turnover game of the season.

Fraschilla is quickly becoming a fan favorite much like Kellen Sampson. When that last guy comes off the bench, you know your team's won. Fraschilla has taken some shots and missed and usually does not log many minutes. However, it is probably verrrrrrry tempting for you all to take a 130 to 1 payout bet. Please let it tempt you, that's the idea :)