PDA

View Full Version : things that make you feel old?

soonerbrat
12/9/2011, 12:32 PM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/40-things-that-will-make-you-feel-old

the pepsi girl is not very cute....

Viking Kitten
12/9/2011, 12:44 PM
Fun fact about the Pepsi girl. She is the sister of Jessie Eisenberg....(the actor who played Mark Zuckerberg in "The Social Network," also in "Zombieland").

I will add to that list... 20 years ago, the Beastie Boys were entering their "mature" period.

ouleaf
12/9/2011, 12:59 PM
Pretty good list....liked No's 5, 6, 10, & 34 the best though.

olevetonahill
12/9/2011, 01:06 PM
What makes ME feel old is my dayum body
Plus aint gots a clue what 1/2 that list is about

NormanPride
12/9/2011, 01:28 PM
Neither do I and that list is aimed at me. I just don't pay attention to popular stuff that much.

Jacie
12/9/2011, 02:17 PM
What makes ME feel old is my dayum body
Plus aint gots a clue what 1/2 that list is about

That means you were old 10, 15, even 20 years ago . . .

olevetonahill
12/9/2011, 02:34 PM
That means you were old 10, 15, even 20 years ago . . .
Hell at least 20

Mississippi Sooner
12/9/2011, 02:38 PM
I ain't as old as vet, but a lot of that stuff was foreign to me, too.

delhalew
12/9/2011, 02:40 PM
Some of that stuff is after my time, and I'm not even forty yet.

delhalew
12/9/2011, 02:57 PM
I take that back. It might be that, much like NP, I just didn't give a damn enough to take notice.

rekamrettuB
12/9/2011, 03:29 PM
Fun fact about the Pepsi girl. She is the sister of Jessie Eisenberg....(the actor who played Mark Zuckerberg in "The Social Network," also in "Zombieland").

I will add to that list... 20 years ago, the Beastie Boys were entering their "mature" period.

Mark Zuckerberg was in Zombieland? Damn that guy is everywhere.

pphilfran
12/9/2011, 03:43 PM
Those ain't nuttin..

1. I remember having to get up to change the channel
2. I remember black and white tv
3. I remember when gas was twenty-five cents a gallon
4. I remember 45 vinyl records
5. I remember having to use an encyclopedia
6. I remember the first microwave oven
7. I was expert with a slide rule
8. I remember the first Earth Day....and I made a poster
9. I remember Memorial Stadium not having any upper decks
10. I remember having to listen to most of the Sooner games on the radio

8timechamps
12/9/2011, 08:01 PM

I had never heard that about the Pepsi girl, but looking at her...it makes sense...they look exactly alike.

AlbqSooner
12/9/2011, 08:31 PM
I remember when gas was 25 cents a gallon and as you stopped at the pump, three guys were all over your car. One pumping gas and checking the pressure in your tires, one washing your windows and outside mirrors, one under the hood checking the oil, battery and any other fluid levels you might have. All for 25 cents a gallon.

I also remeber when the only people with a Gold Master Card were pig freakin rich.

Serge Ibaka
12/9/2011, 10:12 PM
I think that this list is more-effective if you're a 20-something.

I turn 24 next month; my folks will be the last "generation" that remember a time before the complete-saturation of internet and cellphones.

cleller
12/9/2011, 10:38 PM
Lame-O. That's how-to-feel-old when you're really not.

I'm not saying I'm old, but my grandpa came to Oklahoma in a covered wagon. He really did. Saw Geronimo at Fort Sill. He was pretty old when I was a kid, though.

mdklatt
12/9/2011, 11:11 PM
Family Guy has been on TV for 12 years

This doesn't make me feel old, it makes me feel sad for humanity.

Flagstaffsooner
12/9/2011, 11:36 PM
Those ain't nuttin..

10. I remember having to listen to most of the Sooner games on the radio

You forgot having to "dial" a telephone.

delhalew
12/10/2011, 12:19 AM
We had a rotary phone when I was a kid.

StoopTroup
12/10/2011, 12:34 AM
This one is pretty funny....

http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2011/5/11/15/enhanced-buzz-835-1305141433-20.jpg

I Am Right
12/13/2011, 07:44 PM
Wow!

KantoSooner
12/14/2011, 11:24 AM
hell, I remember life before computer graphics, having to convince my first boss that it might be a good idea to invest in one of those computer things ("I think they're here to stay"). I even remember life before CABLE TV. Hell, I remember when COORS BEER TASTED GOOD.

and now for the negatives: I remember when airplanes couldn't make the West Coast - Japan crossing in one hop, so you 'had' to lay over in Honolulu. God curse 747s. I remember when every car stereo blew chunks totally unless you dropped like $500 on a Blaupunkt (which would be like $500,000,000 in today's money). I remember life before AIDS. As an adult. I remember when you could catch an errant frisbee, football or baseball, throw it back to kids in the park and get caught up in a game of catch or touch football and not have DHS descend on you like you were John Wayne Gacy.

Peach Fuzz
12/14/2011, 11:34 AM
****, you mean Coors isn't good?

Mississippi Sooner
12/14/2011, 11:49 AM
Lame-O. That's how-to-feel-old when you're really not.

I'm not saying I'm old, but my grandpa came to Oklahoma in a covered wagon. He really did. Saw Geronimo at Fort Sill. He was pretty old when I was a kid, though.

I can understand that. My grandpa was born in a little town called Howe in the eastern part of Indian Territory. People look at me like I'm crazy when I say that, but then they start to understand when I tell them that the dude was almost 50 when my mom was born. He used to sit and tell stories about what Oklahoma was like in the early days of statehood for as long as anyone would listen. I'd give anything to be able to listen to those stories again now.

olevetonahill
12/14/2011, 12:09 PM
I can understand that. My grandpa was born in a little town called Howe in the eastern part of Indian Territory. People look at me like I'm crazy when I say that, but then they start to understand when I tell them that the dude was almost 50 when my mom was born. He used to sit and tell stories about what Oklahoma was like in the early days of statehood for as long as anyone would listen. I'd give anything to be able to listen to those stories again now.

Heh
Howe just a Piece down the road from me

8timechamps
12/14/2011, 06:32 PM
hell, I remember life before computer graphics, having to convince my first boss that it might be a good idea to invest in one of those computer things ("I think they're here to stay"). I even remember life before CABLE TV. Hell, I remember when COORS BEER TASTED GOOD.

and now for the negatives: I remember when airplanes couldn't make the West Coast - Japan crossing in one hop, so you 'had' to lay over in Honolulu. God curse 747s. I remember when every car stereo blew chunks totally unless you dropped like $500 on a Blaupunkt (which would be like $500,000,000 in today's money). I remember life before AIDS. As an adult. I remember when you could catch an errant frisbee, football or baseball, throw it back to kids in the park and get caught up in a game of catch or touch football and not have DHS descend on you like you were John Wayne Gacy.

Dude...Coors (Banquet Beer) is still good! It's when all the "lights" and "ice" and "low cal" **** came out that....those sucked/continue to suck.

stoopified
12/14/2011, 07:03 PM
Those ain't nuttin..

10. I remember having to listen to most of the Sooner games on the radio11 When TV channels went off at midnite and came back on 6 am.
12 Racquel was hawt
13 Neil Armstrong walked on the moon
13 Chuck Fairbanks was OU coach
14 OU Wisbone was all the rage

ouflak
12/15/2011, 07:13 AM
This list doesn't really make me feel old. It just reinforces my own perception that I really managed to miss a lot of TV in my younger days. Who is 'Clarissa' shown as number 2 on the list? All of the rest that flew over my head, I don't care about, although the Wikipedia read-up on Full House was kinda interesting. May catch a few episodes on re-runs someday.

If there is anything that makes me feel old, it's reminiscing fondly the days when I didn't have to screw around with this stupid touchscreen on my mobile phone (didn't even own a mobile phone until 2001).

I remember as a very young child sitting in front of the TV when they were going over the daily tally of Vietnam war casualties.

I was a subscriber to OMNI magazine until it went out of print. I still have most of those in a box in my attic somewhere.

ouflak
12/16/2011, 07:50 AM
Who is 'Clarissa' shown as number 2 on the list?

Ok, found out that this an actress Melissa Joan Hart, who apparently starred in two successful shows, Clarissa Explains It All and Sabrina the Teenage Witch, which are teen-oriented. I was already in my 20's when these shows came out and am notorious for missing such fare anyway.

Taxman71
12/16/2011, 09:47 AM
The 20-somethings in my office were discussing the "90's band" they saw the other night. I am getting old, very old.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/16/2011, 09:55 AM
The fact I can go to bed feeling good and wake up in pain makes me feel old.

OULenexaman
12/16/2011, 10:34 AM
11 When TV channels went off at midnite and came back on 6 am.
12 Racquel was hawt
13 Neil Armstrong walked on the moon
13 Chuck Fairbanks was OU coach
14 OU Wisbone was all the rage

15 Watching launches of the The Mercury Spacecraft.
16 Watching launches of the Gemini Spacecraft
17 Watching Foreman Scotty
18 Winning the Golden Horseshoe
19 Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Greenjeans