PDA

View Full Version : To sum up OU's season for some of you who do not understand ....

Soonerus
12/8/2011, 09:31 PM
**** happens...don't lose the faith...ever...

Flagstaffsooner
12/8/2011, 10:28 PM
faex eventus

AlboSooner
12/8/2011, 10:28 PM
why would someone's faith be in question?

One4OU
12/8/2011, 10:32 PM
It does happen on all levels but it's always frustrating.

I have coached girls softballs for many years and some of my most athletic and talented teams were not the best.

NormanPride
12/8/2011, 11:06 PM
Agreed, Rus. I just love watching OU football, and I try not to let it affect my mood too much either way.

Unless it's a game against texas. **** them.

85sooners
12/8/2011, 11:15 PM
F texas

Soonerus
12/8/2011, 11:22 PM
55-17, OU beat Texas this year !!!

Therealsouthsider
12/8/2011, 11:25 PM
.....In my 40+ years of watching OU football I've never witnessed 3 more embarassing losses in one season. Everyone involved should do a little soul searching

ss

kbsooner21
12/8/2011, 11:25 PM
why would someone's faith be in question?

No idea, but have you read some posts around here lately :D

the_edge
12/8/2011, 11:26 PM
I understand. OU wasn't very good this year.

Luckily it's basketball season now.

kbsooner21
12/8/2011, 11:26 PM
.....In my 40+ years of watching OU football I've never witnessed 3 more embarassing losses in one season. Everyone involved should do a little soul searching

ss

Apparently you were in a coma from the mid to late 90's

Soonerus
12/8/2011, 11:31 PM

And OSU 2001 and TGWWDNS....

Therealsouthsider
12/8/2011, 11:31 PM

...apples and oranges, those teams didn't have the talent...this one played like it didn't care

ss

stoops the eternal pimp
12/8/2011, 11:33 PM
Wow..Soul searching..that losing football games is serious business..

the_edge
12/8/2011, 11:44 PM
Wow..Soul searching..that losing football games is serious business..

So is message board posting apparently.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/9/2011, 01:42 AM
starting #1 and losing 3 games is really disappointing, but at least we beat texas

Peach Fuzz
12/9/2011, 02:35 AM
is that a grown man crying up there? holy **** get over it, it's a game.

yermom
12/9/2011, 03:06 AM
Tech was really the only "WTF?" loss, like 2001 OSU

Flagstaffsooner
12/9/2011, 07:46 AM
Tech was really the only "WTF?" loss, like 2001 OSU
Pass that hooter over to me please.

htownsooner7
12/9/2011, 10:59 AM
Switzer had back to back to back seasons of 4 losses.

Dale Ellis
12/9/2011, 11:05 AM

thanks for explaining it for all of us dummies.

NormanPride
12/9/2011, 11:29 AM
Oh Dale, you never cease to entertain.

BoulderSooner79
12/9/2011, 11:36 AM
Oh Dale, you never cease.

FIFY

badger
12/9/2011, 12:00 PM

If this is Rus's last football thread of the season, he had a interesting run this year:

"For what it's worth, Tempe is light years nicer than Glendale..."

"Seriously who from OSU had a great game ???"

"How the heck does Baylor beat OU and Texas in the same year ???"

"Official I think OU wins them all.."

"OU fans really depressed..."

"Bedlam means nothing..."

"Is OSU saving its clunker game for OU ???"

Breadburner
12/9/2011, 12:06 PM

You shut your whore mouth....!!!!:excitement:

SoonerorLater
12/9/2011, 12:22 PM

True but those three teams were the most talent deficient in Switzers tenure. Nobody really expected them to win a championship. It should be mentioned that the proletariat was clamoring for Switzers head too.

Kadosh
12/9/2011, 01:06 PM
Are you one of those idiots that holds up a BELIEVE sign?

badger
12/9/2011, 01:07 PM

The word was "FINISH." And we didn't. :(

Dizzle Shizzle
12/9/2011, 01:25 PM

ss

Last year to A&M was worse
2009 Texas worse
Last year to Missouri worse

1984 Texas tie was most disappointing ever

NormanPride
12/9/2011, 01:32 PM
This year's osu game was really, really bad. I put it just behind the TCU game. And that's just behind TGOWWDNS and that damn Arkansas game.

Of course, that's in just how bad they made me feel right then. Looking back at the TCU loss I don't mind it as much. They were damn good and we were not.

Mississippi Sooner
12/9/2011, 01:56 PM
True but those three teams were the most talent deficient in Switzers tenure. Nobody really expected them to win a championship. It should be mentioned that the proletariat was clamoring for Switzers head too.

True, I remember that well. We didn't have the internet then, but I remember that Eschbach had a show on every afternoon on one of the news radio stations in OKC, and it was one caller after another whining about how "maybe it was time for Switzer to go. The wishbone would never win another championship."

StoopTroup
12/9/2011, 02:50 PM

Looks like someone put the Kabosh on Kadosh.

StoopTroup
12/9/2011, 02:51 PM
Last year to A&M was worse
2009 Texas worse
Last year to Missouri worse

1984 Texas tie was most disappointing ever

Fo Shizzle my dizzle.

htownsooner7
12/9/2011, 02:58 PM

Just sayin that we have had great coaches who have had "unacceptable" seasons before..

MamaMia
12/9/2011, 02:58 PM
Apparently you were in a coma from the mid to late 90'sIt always cracks me up when someones justification for screwing up is that we use to be more screwed up.

Sooner_Tuf
12/9/2011, 03:05 PM
It always cracks me up when someones justification for screwing up is that we use to be more screwed up.

As long as you are laughing, it's all good.

StoopTroup
12/9/2011, 10:36 PM
It always cracks me up when someones justification for screwing up is that we use to be more screwed up.

Except that during those Ten years....there were only two 9-3 Seasons and the rest were worse.

So...your idea of screwing up is a hell of a lot more screwed up than his screwed up.....lol

1990 8-3
1991 9-3
1992 5-4-2 That was a really good one...lol
1993 9-3
1994 6-6
1995 5-5-1
1996 3-8 Another really good one
1997 4-8
1998 5-6

I'm gonna hope you understand why 7-5 was a good year for us and not quite as screwed up as the years from 1993 to 1998.

StoopTroup
12/9/2011, 10:47 PM
1996 we beat Baylor, Texas and little brother. Other than that....things were pretty screwed up. BTW that Texas Game was in OT and real close to us being 2-9. I sat in the stands for the Nebraska Game in Norman that year and really enjoyed the 73-21 *** whipping we got that day. That is screwed up Mama.

That wrong has been righted so well that they ran for cover and left the Conference only to become just another Team in the Big Whatever. Now that's screwed up. Last year they played us for a Conference Championship and this year they aren't. Good move? No....they screwed up.

Soonerus
12/9/2011, 11:02 PM
We are ok....

StoopTroup
12/9/2011, 11:06 PM
Yup.

Soonerus
12/9/2011, 11:08 PM
I am looking forward to next year ..

StoopTroup
12/9/2011, 11:45 PM
Me too. I think Bob and the Coaches really have an opportunity to bring in some new Schollie Recruits and even maybe a few jucos if they want. I'm psyched about what the Red / White Game will look like.

yermom
12/10/2011, 01:36 AM
Pass that hooter over to me please.

Baylor is really good. RGIII is probably the best QB in the country. our defense was in tatters. Offense missing the best RB and WR, a WR that happens to have been one of the best ever. one time-out called differently, and it could have been a completely different game. we also magically got to play them in Waco for consecutive years.

through the magic of conference scheduling, we get to play the best OSU team in the history of Stoolwater in Stoolwater for the second year in a row, also with missing players and an exceptionally flat performance by the offense. it was like the perfect storm.

it's not like we lost to circa 2000 Baylor or OSU. but we barely beat OSU last year with most of our players.

i can't really come up with a reason we lost to a crappy Tech team at home.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/10/2011, 01:42 AM
We ain't a well-oiled machine any more.We have some rust, and a few parts need replacing.

Peach Fuzz
12/10/2011, 03:30 AM
Lemme just say this. If our season effected your life so much where it makes you not want to give a damn anymore/or want to throw the whole staff under the bus, you're kind of a ****ty fan and you should stop gambling... sheesh

MamaMia
12/10/2011, 09:45 AM
Lemme just say this. If our season effected your life so much where it makes you not want to give a damn anymore/or want to throw the whole staff under the bus, you're kind of a ****ty fan and you should stop gambling... sheeshSome of us gamblers made out just fine whether the Sooners won or lost. Its all in the points and whether or not you know your teams capabilities.

C&CDean
12/10/2011, 09:53 AM
Baylor is really good. RGIII is probably the best QB in the country. our defense was in tatters. Offense missing the best RB and WR, a WR that happens to have been one of the best ever. one time-out called differently, and it could have been a completely different game. we also magically got to play them in Waco for consecutive years.

through the magic of conference scheduling, we get to play the best OSU team in the history of Stoolwater in Stoolwater for the second year in a row, also with missing players and an exceptionally flat performance by the offense. it was like the perfect storm.

it's not like we lost to circa 2000 Baylor or OSU. but we barely beat OSU last year with most of our players.

i can't really come up with a reason we lost to a crappy Tech team at home.

A voice of reason in all the insanity. Bless you my son.

The people who keep going "but, but, but, but, we're Baylor's bitch, whaaaaaaa" or say the same about the anal plunging we took from the aglets are just acting ignorant. This year's Baylor/ag team ain't your daddy's Baylor/ag teams. The Tech loss? That is the WTF? game of the century.

Breadburner
12/10/2011, 10:06 AM
Some of us gamblers made out just fine whether the Sooners won or lost. Its all in the points and whether or not you know your teams capabilities.

You sure dont....

FaninAma
12/10/2011, 02:12 PM
I think it is unreasonable to think OU should have a shutdown defense in a league dominated by spread passing offenses. What I think is reasonable to expect to play aggressively instead of passively and try to create turnovers and force opposing offenses into negative plays that kill drives. In other words, don't allow the opposing offense to get into their comfort zone.

OSU's defense was bad statistically but they forced turnovers and negative plays from the opposing QB. Look at the teams' games against Baylor. Statistically OSU's defense didn't play any better than OU's against RGIII but they did force him into critical turnovers. OSU never allowed him to get into a comfort zone.

Also, I actually thought Huepel did a good job of making in game adjustments as opposed to Venables. Again, I use the Baylor game as an example. The OU defense came out like a house afire that led the Baylor OC to make adjustments......to which OU's defense never readjusted. Venables ingame adjustments when things aren't going well is to get even more conservative in their schemes.

GDC
12/10/2011, 04:19 PM
No excuses here. This season is what it is. However, I would loved to have seen how things would have turned out with a full complement of healthy players all year. Box, Fleming, Miller, Whaley, Broyles, Lewis, Lewis, Stills, etc., etc....

MamaMia
12/10/2011, 05:33 PM
You sure dont....I pretty much predicted the score and the point spread within 6 points on every single game this year except for Tech and Baylor, so yeah...I sure the hell do.