PDA

View Full Version : Is Bob burned out? A majority of the time his teams play like they are.

champions77
12/8/2011, 12:49 PM
If the old saying, that a team is a reflection of their coach, then could it be that Bob, after thirteen years as HC of the Oklahoma Sooners, is burned out in his job? There is no question it is a pressure cooker. Bud lasted 17 years and Barry lasted I believe 16 years.

Sure are a lot of people saying that our Sooners, more often times than not, appear not to be motivated. I can count only two games where the team came out jacked up from the git go, and played inspired fb, against Florida State and texas. The other times, we have looked lethargic, disinterested, uninspired. Last Saturday night, with the Championship at stake, one team was running around like their hair was on fire, and the other, rather subdued. Each team's demeanor, translated into the final score too coincidentally.

Maybe Bob's not having much fun anymore, because it appears that his teams, are not having any fun either. But regardless of how you feel, it is difficult to walk away from 4-5 million a year. Bob, if you are in fact "burned out", please do us a favor and walk away. You would be doing yourself...and us a favor.

soonervegas
12/8/2011, 12:59 PM
I dont know the answer to this....I do think coaches tend to burnout quicker in this day and age compared to eras past. Makes sense with it essentially being 27/7/365.

Peach Fuzz
12/8/2011, 01:28 PM
Uggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

that's my internet sigh.

Breadburner
12/8/2011, 01:29 PM
Is this ****ing stupidity going to stop......

bonkuba
12/8/2011, 01:30 PM
All that money would burn me out too.......:excitement::miserable:

rainiersooner
12/8/2011, 01:33 PM
Bob's response would be: you don't have to run around with your hair on fire to pick up a block or catch a ball. You just have to do it.

En_Fuego
12/8/2011, 01:35 PM
Who knows whats going on. There are threads about the offense and defense. Threads about Mike Stoops. Threads about players. Stoops has had a very solid record at OU, but just can't quite get over that last hurdle. And anyone can point fingers at any coach or player since 2001. Stoops is a very proud man. If he were that burned out I think he would retire. I don't think he is burned out. I do think that this season was a big wake-up call for him. I think he knows with out a doubt that changes have to happen.

Crimsontothecore
12/8/2011, 01:38 PM
They probably just get tired of people accusing them of being burned out when they are a year removed from another conference title and less than a year removed from a BCS bowl win.

Breadburner
12/8/2011, 01:40 PM
Losing a few would not wear me out....But if I listened to this part-tarded ****ing fanbase I would drive my ****-box into a bridge-abutment.....

olevetonahill
12/8/2011, 02:09 PM

As long as we have nOObs we will have the Stupidity

bonkuba
12/8/2011, 02:15 PM

Vet at first glance I thought ya said Boobs......got kinda excited there for a second to be honest.......:smiley_simmons:

OULenexaman
12/8/2011, 02:19 PM
MAKE IT STOP....PLEASE.

Sooner in Tampa
12/8/2011, 02:21 PM
They probably just get tired of people accusing them of being burned out when they are a year removed from another conference title and less than a year removed from a BCS bowl win.

Yeah that ****in bowl win over powerhouse UCONN is something to crow about :pride:

Soonermagik
12/8/2011, 02:38 PM
With the house he had built he will stay another 4-5 years and then call it quits. If he leaves with one national title win and a few BCS wins then he will always be known as a good coach. However, I think Stoops wants to be considered a great coach and he knows only 2 national titles will give him that label.

We all know Stoops doesn't take criticism well from the media or the fans. If they continue to do poorly it may lead to an earlier departure date i.e. only 3-4 more years. If they can manage to win the conference next year and win another BCS game then the heat will be off from the media/fans. In that case, he will stay longer. So, I think his being burned out or leaving all depends upon his success or lack thereof.

Big D Sooner
12/8/2011, 02:39 PM
You all f'ing kill me. I keep hearing people spewing bull$hit opinions (a vast majority of which have no basis in reality) and passing it as the truth. The Sooners have 1 national championship and 8 BCS bowl appearances in 11 seasons. That is fcking incredible! Stop bitching! Trust me, Stoops is still trying his best. Having a season turn out poorly does not mean the program is falling apart, the coach has lost it, or that the players are garbage. It means you had a bad season. Fix it, man up, and move on to next year.

Breadburner
12/8/2011, 02:45 PM
Yeah that ****in bowl win over powerhouse UCONN is something to crow about :pride:

Yeah...And if he didnt win it you would be crying and whining up a storm....Bob's ****ed either way with some of you dip-****ss.......

Soonermagik
12/8/2011, 02:47 PM
You all f'ing kill me. I keep hearing people spewing bull$hit opinions (a vast majority of which have no basis in reality) and passing it as the truth. The Sooners have 1 national championship and 8 BCS bowl appearances in 11 seasons. That is fcking incredible! Stop bitching! Trust me, Stoops is still trying his best. Having a season turn out poorly does not mean the program is falling apart, the coach has lost it, or that the players are garbage. It means you had a bad season. Fix it, man up, and move on to next year.

The problem with that stat is he hasn't fared well on the big stage. He lost to LSU, Florida and got hammered by SC all of which were national title games. They were also killed by West Virginia and lost a heartbreaker to Boise state.

Many people will contend winning the Big 12 isn't super difficult as it's a softer league. I won't go that far. I do agree that if Bob Stoops wants to be considered a great coach he's going to need another national title... or... 3-4 more big BCS wins.

cherokeebrewer
12/8/2011, 02:57 PM
Actually, as long as we have messages boards, we'll have stupidity...

BoulderSooner79
12/8/2011, 03:00 PM
I can certainly understand how coaching a big time program could induce burnout. And I don't think the exorbitant pay would help that - might just make a guy try to hang on longer. I don't see any change in Bob that would make me believe it. But even the best of coaches get stale or at least go through waves of ups and downs if they manage to stay long enough. Even happened to our clappy friend to the south with his unlimited talent pool and unlimited budget. I don't expect huge changes going into next season, but there will be some or else I'll start to believe the burnout theory.

toast
12/8/2011, 03:21 PM
I think I've seen Bob drinking a mai tai or two on the sidelines

champions77
12/8/2011, 03:27 PM
Under the circumstances, "burn out" is a very plausible reason for the sorry performance of this team. The facts are that it happens. The fact that a few moron posters on this board can't or refuse to consider that as a possibility is much more of a concern than posing the question in the first place.

bonkuba
12/8/2011, 03:32 PM
Actually, as long as we have messages boards, we'll have stupidity...

Well played sir.....

stoops the eternal pimp
12/8/2011, 03:34 PM
Here we go...People that don't agree with the OP are morons..

toast
12/8/2011, 03:35 PM
Under the circumstances, "burn out" is a very plausible reason for the sorry performance of this team. The facts are that it happens. The fact that a few moron posters on this board can't or refuse to consider that as a possibility is much more of a concern than posing the question in the first place.

So if I questioned if aliens came and replaced Stoops with a clone in 2009 and some of the other posters can't or refuse to consider that an option it is more of a concern than the alien abduction?

BoulderSooner79
12/8/2011, 03:47 PM
So if I questioned if aliens came and replaced Stoops with a clone in 2009 and some of the other posters can't or refuse to consider that an option it is more of a concern than the alien abduction?

Depends - was there anal probing involved?

Crimsontothecore
12/8/2011, 03:54 PM

Only an absolute moronic idiot would say that a BCS win and a conference title a year ago aren't good enough. Sometimes the stupidity here is amazing, just amazing.

StoopTroup
12/8/2011, 04:02 PM
If the old saying, that a team is a reflection of their coach, then could it be that Bob, after thirteen years as HC of the Oklahoma Sooners, is burned out in his job? There is no question it is a pressure cooker. Bud lasted 17 years and Barry lasted I believe 16 years.

Sure are a lot of people saying that our Sooners, more often times than not, appear not to be motivated. I can count only two games where the team came out jacked up from the git go, and played inspired fb, against Florida State and texas. The other times, we have looked lethargic, disinterested, uninspired. Last Saturday night, with the Championship at stake, one team was running around like their hair was on fire, and the other, rather subdued. Each team's demeanor, translated into the final score too coincidentally.

Maybe Bob's not having much fun anymore, because it appears that his teams, are not having any fun either. But regardless of how you feel, it is difficult to walk away from 4-5 million a year. Bob, if you are in fact "burned out", please do us a favor and walk away. You would be doing yourself...and us a favor.

Great article Jenny.

olevetonahill
12/8/2011, 04:02 PM

Mississippi Sooner
12/8/2011, 04:04 PM
This thread is a sofa king.

Sooner91ATL
12/8/2011, 04:15 PM
Didn't sound like a crazy idea to me champion. I agree that something isn't right.

It's also a little baffling why some people love the status quo. Why go to all the expense and trouble of having a big name highly paid coach if we are ok with 9-3 and losing to big 12 also rans each year. Hell, we could get Gibbs at half the price to come in and do that for us. Any coach Castiglione would hire could coach us to 9-3 in a sleepwalk. This is Oklahoma, after all. We may as well save a little money.

It's funny how people want to go all Stalin on here and suppress opinions. Seems like those who want to do that would start their own board where no dissenters were allowed. This is entertainment and the number of posts one has may point to some general conclusions about a poster, one of them not being the validity of his or her opinion.

StoopTroup
12/8/2011, 04:18 PM
Who knows whats going on. There are threads about the offense and defense. Threads about Mike Stoops. Threads about players. Stoops has had a very solid record at OU, but just can't quite get over that last hurdle. And anyone can point fingers at any coach or player since 2001. Stoops is a very proud man. If he were that burned out I think he would retire. I don't think he is burned out. I do think that this season was a big wake-up call for him. I think he knows with out a doubt that changes have to happen.

You know, I think if Bob was gonna change something it would be to encourage these Juniors to move on to the NFL instead of stay. It seems to me a good number of them come back because they do want to be a part of helping us win another MNC but once we had a let down or it looks like we might not get into the big game where they can up their stock and get some prime time TV covered game, maybe they start thinking a bit to much about themselves and then you end up with a game like the one we had in Stoolwater.

Maybe it's better to have a team full of younger more intense players instead of a seasoned bunch of Veterans these days. I know if a kid isn't going to be NFL and just wants to play his heart out for OU and be a part of a National Championship Team as he graduates and moves on for his Masters or a job we obviously want that guy playing but imagine how he feels if he sees a fellow player who is moving on to the NFL and that guy just gives his team mates the finger and starts just throttling back?

Maybe that's all that happened?

stoops the eternal pimp
12/8/2011, 04:21 PM
I really try and let stuff go without locking it even though several have been tempting lately...I'm willing to see where this goes for a little while though.

olevetonahill
12/8/2011, 04:21 PM
Didn't sound like a crazy idea to me champion. I agree that something isn't right.

It's also a little baffling why some people love the status quo. Why go to all the expense and trouble of having a big name highly paid coach if we are ok with 9-3 and losing to big 12 also rans each year. Hell, we could get Gibbs at half the price to come in and do that for us. Any coach Castiglione would hire could coach us to 9-3 in a sleepwalk. This is Oklahoma, after all. We may as well save a little money.

It's funny how people want to go all Stalin on here and suppress opinions. Seems like those who want to do that would start their own board where no dissenters were allowed. This is entertainment and the number of posts one has may point to some general conclusions about a poster, one of them not being the validity of his or her opinion.

Happens every year huh?
Moran

Mississippi Sooner
12/8/2011, 04:23 PM
Sofa king we Todd did.

champions77
12/8/2011, 04:50 PM

And then get upset after I refer to them as morons in response to them calling me an idiot. These are the same people that would argue to retain John Blake after the 1998 season. The fact of the matter is that Bob Stoops has made some terrible hires and so far, has refused to fire anyone regardless if they are doing their job..or not. Sure there are problems. You would have to be blind not to see it.

Crimsontothecore
12/8/2011, 04:57 PM

Oh please! People with your narrow minded opinion are the ones trying to suppress the opinions of those of us who actually have the intelligence to look at the big picture instead of just the last half of THIS season. "status quo" is not the definition of a program and coach with a 138-34 record over 13 seasons, A national title, 7 conference titles, 7 BCS bowl appearances and two Heisman winners. I swear you people who bash this coaching staff are too stupid to realize that the same coaches you bash are the very reason you are so ignorantly spoiled.

Crimsontothecore
12/8/2011, 04:59 PM
And then get upset after I refer to them as morons in response to them calling me an idiot. These are the same people that would argue to retain John Blake after the 1998 season. The fact of the matter is that Bob Stoops has made some terrible hires and so far, has refused to fire anyone regardless if they are doing their job..or not. Sure there are problems. You would have to be blind not to see it.

And how long has it been since we were good enough to win a conference title? How long has it been since we played for a national title? Have you been in a freaking coma for the last 13 years or what?

Sooner91ATL
12/8/2011, 05:06 PM
Happens every year huh?
Moran

I thought you were the one who says name calling is for "morans"?

I figured you would be the one to prove my point completely.

TUSooner
12/8/2011, 05:07 PM

Oh really. After 13 years, and a few too many lackluster showings, that is a fair question. I think the answer is "no" but it's still a fair question.

StoopTroup
12/8/2011, 05:07 PM
Nobody was arguing to retain John Blake except John Blake.

That's enough for a thread lock IMO

Someone needs to go back to Russian History Class and leave the football to the folks that know.

Sooner91ATL
12/8/2011, 05:08 PM
Oh please! People with your narrow minded opinion are the ones trying to suppress the opinions of those of us who actually have the intelligence to look at the big picture instead of just the last half of THIS season. "status quo" is not the definition of a program and coach with a 138-34 record over 13 seasons, A national title, 7 conference titles, 7 BCS bowl appearances and two Heisman winners. I swear you people who bash this coaching staff are too stupid to realize that the same coaches you bash are the very reason you are so ignorantly spoiled.

I would question the stupidity of one so emotional on an anonymous web posting board focusing mostly on the outcomes of a game played by 18-22 year olds. This is all just entertainment dude. You need to go work for the Putin campaign since you obviously cannot handle a valid difference of opinion.

TUSooner
12/8/2011, 05:09 PM
I dont know the answer to this....I do think coaches tend to burnout quicker in this day and age compared to eras past. Makes sense with it essentially being 27/7/365.

Yeah, it's especially tough when football coaches have three extra hours in each day. :biggrin:

BoulderSooner79
12/8/2011, 05:26 PM

What's baffling to me is the assumption that people are happy with this season just because they are not fomenting a scorched earth remedy. Some of us have this weird belief that the coaches probably know more than we do seeing as how they live it vs. riding the coach for a few hours on Saturdays. Also, some of us realize we have little if any say in the matter, so there is no reason to get all bent out of shape about it. (Excuse me if you are a big donor and do have say). There is no such thing as status quo as every year the team is different and every opponent is different. I don't doubt for 1 second that Stoops wants a victory every time the team plays and that will never change. But unfortunately, that's true of the opposing coach and team too and sometimes they win. If Bob and staff don't stay ahead of the game, the other guy will win more often and OU will try someone else. That's the way it works.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/8/2011, 05:29 PM
What's baffling to me is the assumption that people are happy with this season just because they are not fomenting a scorched earth remedy. Some of us have this weird belief that the coaches probably know more than we do seeing as how they live it vs. riding the coach for a few hours on Saturdays. Also, some of us realize we have little if any say in the matter, so there is no reason to get all bent out of shape about it. (Excuse me if you are a big donor and do have say). There is no such thing as status quo as every year the team is different and every opponent is different. I don't doubt for 1 second that Stoops wants a victory every time the team plays and that will never change. But unfortunately, that's true of the opposing coach and team too and sometimes they win. If Bob and staff don't stay ahead of the game, the other guy will win more often and OU will try someone else. That's the way it works.

http://thewheelfx.com/lane/GIFS/Applause.gif

Ton Loc
12/8/2011, 05:36 PM

Smart Guys - 1. Tards - 0. As God intended.

cherokeebrewer
12/8/2011, 05:45 PM
Smart Guys - 1. Tards - 0. As God intended.
I laughed...

champions77
12/8/2011, 05:48 PM

Scorched earth? Never asked for Bob to resign or be fired. I just think there is a good possibility that Bob, with his millions, is maybe burned out, and if so, it would behoove both him and the University if he stepped down. There's a lot of "ifs" there. Still think that he may be, hope not because he has done a fantastic job. Why is the perception that he may be "burned out" so foreign to many of you? You act like it could never happen to Bob. It happens to everyone at some point.

En_Fuego
12/8/2011, 06:05 PM
You know, I think if Bob was gonna change something it would be to encourage these Juniors to move on to the NFL instead of stay. It seems to me a good number of them come back because they do want to be a part of helping us win another MNC but once we had a let down or it looks like we might not get into the big game where they can up their stock and get some prime time TV covered game, maybe they start thinking a bit to much about themselves and then you end up with a game like the one we had in Stoolwater.

Maybe it's better to have a team full of younger more intense players instead of a seasoned bunch of Veterans these days. I know if a kid isn't going to be NFL and just wants to play his heart out for OU and be a part of a National Championship Team as he graduates and moves on for his Masters or a job we obviously want that guy playing but imagine how he feels if he sees a fellow player who is moving on to the NFL and that guy just gives his team mates the finger and starts just throttling back?

By Jove, I think you got it ....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

En_Fuego
12/8/2011, 06:11 PM

Can I ask a Bloody Old Chap a question ? What was the excuse in Normantown against Tech ?

En_Fuego
12/8/2011, 06:13 PM
SxBlpp86hrk

Sooner in Tampa
12/8/2011, 06:25 PM
Only an absolute moronic idiot would say that a BCS win and a conference title a year ago aren't good enough. Sometimes the stupidity here is amazing, just amazing.
Nobody said it wasn't good enough! But let's not carried away about beating a **** opponent in a bowl BCS bowl game. That's all I'm sayin

This year has been a monumental disappointment...pardon some of us for being down on a trip to the toilet after getting beat the likes of TTU...TTU? Did ANYBODY pay attention to how bad they pummeled after they beat us??????

Bag on me all you want...I ain't pumpin sunshine!!!

soonercoop1
12/8/2011, 07:37 PM
They beat an unranked UCONN team...hardly a "bigtime" win...

oudavid1
12/8/2011, 07:41 PM

I SAID I WAS SORRY...wait....this isnt about me....***backs away***

Okie35
12/8/2011, 07:54 PM

Good question. I doubt it.

Harris County Sooner
12/8/2011, 07:58 PM
Bud lasted 17 years and Barry lasted I believe 16 years.

Bud left to go into politics and Barry didn't exactly leave under his own free will.

Sooner_Tuf
12/8/2011, 08:09 PM
They beat an unranked UCONN team...hardly a "bigtime" win...
Who should they have played that night?

AlboSooner
12/8/2011, 08:25 PM
OP asked an honest question. Bo need to crucify him. I dont care what job you have, sometime you get burned out. Thats the nature of work.

Bob's body language doesnt display the same passion it once did

sooneron
12/8/2011, 08:41 PM
Scorched earth? Never asked for Bob to resign or be fired. I just think there is a good possibility that Bob, with his millions, is maybe burned out, and if so, it would behoove both him and the University if he stepped down. There's a lot of "ifs" there. Still think that he may be, hope not because he has done a fantastic job. Why is the perception that he may be "burned out" so foreign to many of you? You act like it could never happen to Bob. It happens to everyone at some point.

This weak assed premise of yours is one word- incredulous. Or ****ing stupid. NO ONE that is burned out puts in the hours that a HC at a major school does. NO ONE. Going through the motions when he could be making dough doing **** for nike or espn? Yeah, right. The guy gets about 2 weeks off a year and I am willing to bet that he puts in a ****load more hours than you do at the ****ing burger king or wherever it is that you have yourself dug in like a tick at middle management (at a whopping 40-45 hours a week). You obviously have no idea what it is like to try to motivate a bunch of 20 yr olds that think they're smarter than you. I would not relish the task. I deal with kids right out of college and they are dense, ****ing dense and you know what? They aren't getting less dense these days. Sometimes your players pan out and they become men, sometimes not. I'm willing to bet that we lost two of those men to injuries this year and regardless of them on the sidelines, they were not on the field where it counts to lead. I honestly think that these kids read their clippings and ignored what the glaring issues were leading into the tech game. They thought they could skate and they didn't and VOILA! they are out of it and the Sr. studs are thinking about draft status. My biggest issue with Stoops is that he keeps starters in too long. Let the young'uns come in (before we are up 5 scores) and press the starters to play better. In other words, I don't think the hunger is there, but it's not Bob, it's the players.

sooneron
12/8/2011, 08:43 PM
Bob's body language doesnt display the same passion it once did

Well, he is older. I'm sure if a camera was on me all the time when I was at work, mine would be different than 10 years ago.

the_edge
12/8/2011, 08:52 PM
Two things I find disturbing in spite of winning a mediocre conference (it's funny how the Big XII has its best season in years and we finish fourth, go us) four times in the past seven seasons:

The last time we beat a team that finished ranked in the AP top five - Texas in 2004.

http://soonerstats.com/football/games/boxscore.cfm?GameID=1079

We've had two player awards since 2004. We had 15 from 2000 to 2004, and two since.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/awards/_/team/201

sooneron
12/8/2011, 09:02 PM
YOu do realize that most teams that finish in the top 5 might have MAYBE one or (rarely)two losses, right? Therefore, they didn't lose much, at all.

C&CDean
12/8/2011, 09:09 PM
Oh fer ****'s sake. Why dear Jesus, son of God, why?

"Because we are riddled with ignorant ****ing dildos posing as semi-intelligent, walking upright dumbasses my son."

Thank you lord, for a minute there I thought I was having another bad trip or something.

sooneron
12/8/2011, 09:14 PM
Dude, you trippin'??? Aw man, I just dropped!

toast
12/8/2011, 09:15 PM

"Because we are riddled with ignorant ****ing dildos posing as semi-intelligent, walking upright dumbasses my son."

Thank you lord, for a minute there I thought I was having another bad trip or something.

Maybe God is burned out too, think how long he has been on the job.

the_edge
12/8/2011, 09:29 PM
YOu do realize that most teams that finish in the top 5 might have MAYBE one or (rarely)two losses, right? Therefore, they didn't lose much, at all.

That's a good point. Bob Stoops was only 2-0 before that, so that doesn't happen very often.

Maybe God is burned out too, think how long he has been on the job.

You guys are talking about the spaghetti monster, right?

toast
12/8/2011, 09:35 PM
You guys are talking about the spaghetti monster, right?

Mangino?

Sooner91ATL
12/8/2011, 09:49 PM
Two things I find disturbing in spite of winning a mediocre conference (it's funny how the Big XII has its best season in years and we finish fourth, go us) four times in the past seven seasons:

The last time we beat a team that finished ranked in the AP top five - Texas in 2004.

http://soonerstats.com/football/games/boxscore.cfm?GameID=1079

We've had two player awards since 2004. We had 15 from 2000 to 2004, and two since.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/awards/_/team/201

Anytime you post facts along these lines it just encourages more sunshine pumps to be attached directly to brown noses. Oh and an angel gets his wings.

SoonerTerry
12/8/2011, 10:13 PM
what this thread needs is more cowbell

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/SimTechMan/cowbell.jpg

toast
12/8/2011, 10:16 PM
Anytime you post facts along these lines it just encourages more sunshine pumps to be attached directly to brown noses. Oh and an angel gets his wings.

Well that and the fact the first one is wrong, since we beat Missouri in the '07 b12 title game and they finished ap #4.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/8/2011, 10:18 PM
^YAY FACTS!

AlboSooner
12/8/2011, 10:26 PM
Well, he is older.
So is Nick Saban.

Why is it such a sin for Stoops to be burned out? I don't understand the zealotry of demolishing anything that may portray Stoops in an imperfect light. What, Stoops is so perfect that he is immune to what everybody else experiences in their respective jobs? I don't buy it. Burned out or not, I'd rather have him than not.

BoulderSooner79
12/8/2011, 10:44 PM
I have no problem with the water cooler talk speculating why things are the way they are. It bugs me that people like me that don't bitch and moan about the coaches get tagged as sunshine pumpers or being complacent. I'll bet 100% of OU fans are disappointed about how this season turned out and hope things get tweaked such that things aren't so fragile in the future. When people quote the number of conference titles and BCS appearances, I don't see it as sunshine pumping. I see it as exactly what Boren and Joe C. will consider at the end of each season when they do evaluations. They are not going to do any knee jerk, short term reaction and tell Bob he better fire coach XXX or get into his business after a 9-3 season that followed a 12-2 conference title season. They are going to look at the longer term. It would take a couple of seasons like Mack Brown just had before Stoops would be under any real pressure outside the lynch mob fan base. As long as the program is not hit by scandal, Stoops has earned a fair bit of leeway. Longer term, I trust Boren/Joe C. to do the right thing if it comes to that.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/8/2011, 10:47 PM
^ I just don't think you care..

Crimsontothecore
12/8/2011, 10:51 PM
I would question the stupidity of one so emotional on an anonymous web posting board focusing mostly on the outcomes of a game played by 18-22 year olds. This is all just entertainment dude. You need to go work for the Putin campaign since you obviously cannot handle a valid difference of opinion.

If and when you actually give a valid opinion, I will gladly accept it and tolerate it.

Crimsontothecore
12/8/2011, 10:54 PM
I have no problem with the water cooler talk speculating why things are the way they are. It bugs me that people like me that don't bitch and moan about the coaches get tagged as sunshine pumpers or being complacent. I'll bet 100% of OU fans are disappointed about how this season turned out and hope things get tweaked such that things aren't so fragile in the future. When people quote the number of conference titles and BCS appearances, I don't see it as sunshine pumping. I see it as exactly what Boren and Joe C. will consider at the end of each season when they do evaluations. They are not going to do any knee jerk, short term reaction and tell Bob he better fire coach XXX or get into his business after a 9-3 season that followed a 12-2 conference title season. They are going to look at the longer term. It would take a couple of seasons like Mack Brown just had before Stoops would be under any real pressure outside the lynch mob fan base. As long as the program is not hit by scandal, Stoops has earned a fair bit of leeway. Longer term, I trust Boren/Joe C. to do the right thing if it comes to that.

By golly gosh darn! there's some sense in that there post!

the_edge
12/8/2011, 11:20 PM
Well that and the fact the first one is wrong, since we beat Missouri in the '07 b12 title game and they finished ap #4.

^YAY FACTS!

Soonerstats seems wrong then. My fault for not checking the all-mighty Wikipedia.

http://soonerstats.com/football/seasons/schedule.cfm?seasonid=2007

sooneron
12/9/2011, 12:25 AM
So is Nick Saban.

Why is it such a sin for Stoops to be burned out? I don't understand the zealotry of demolishing anything that may portray Stoops in an imperfect light. What, Stoops is so perfect that he is immune to what everybody else experiences in their respective jobs? I don't buy it. Burned out or not, I'd rather have him than not.

Tell you what, Show me footage of Saban from 10 years ago on the sideline and show him now. PROVE to me that this demeanor is no different than it was when he was at LSU back then...

sooneron
12/9/2011, 12:30 AM
Ok, is Sooner91ATL just sooner n ga in disguise?

rainiersooner
12/9/2011, 12:50 AM
It's funny how people want to go all Stalin on here and suppress opinions. Cry me a river. No one is suppressing anyone's opinion...just calling it stupid. In my humble opinion the notion that Landry Jones fumbled twice which led to at least a 17 point swing has anything to do with Bob being overpaid or burned out...is STUPID...it's really, really STUPID. It's the kind of thing that STUPID PEOPLE THINK ABOUT AND SAY!!! But carry on being STUPID, STUPID PEOPLE.

olevetonahill
12/9/2011, 03:17 AM
And any time some one disagrees with you "Fire the Bunch of em crowd,They all suck" We are automatically Labeled "Sunshine Pumpers" :texan:

SoonernAR
12/9/2011, 03:26 AM
To not even acknowledge that our team has a tendency to play lethargic uninspired football more often than not, yes that makes you a a "Sunshine Pumper".

olevetonahill
12/9/2011, 03:44 AM
To not even acknowledge that our team has a tendency to play lethargic uninspired football more often than not, yes that makes you a a "Sunshine Pumper".

Yer Funny. Har Har

Sooner91ATL
12/9/2011, 07:31 AM
And any time some one disagrees with you "Fire the Bunch of em crowd,They all suck" We are automatically Labeled "Sunshine Pumpers" :texan:

Brother, not once have I called for Bob Stoops' firing. I do support airing of various opinions, and I think it is unfortunate, and a disservice to this board, when those who express opinions are greeted with disparaging remarks, name-calling, expletives, and knee-jerk homerism.

I think the observation that our team and coaches are struggling to get over the hill we have come to expect as Sooner fans desiring national championships, and falling victim to unexpected setbacks, is valid. It's logical to seek answers as a fan. If reasonable conversations without immediate pushback and name-calling could take place, perhaps this board would be elevated to the senatorial level that all the mega-posters and tailgate caliphs desire.

pphilfran
12/9/2011, 07:38 AM
Brother, not once have I called for Bob Stoops' firing. I do support airing of various opinions, and I think it is unfortunate, and a disservice to this board, when those who express opinions are greeted with disparaging remarks, name-calling, expletives, and knee-jerk homerism.

I think the observation that our team and coaches are struggling to get over the hill we have come to expect as Sooner fans desiring national championships, and falling victim to unexpected setbacks, is valid. It's logical to seek answers as a fan. If reasonable conversations without immediate pushback and name-calling could take place, perhaps this board would be elevated to the senatorial level that all the mega-posters and tailgate caliphs desire.

Fat chance of that happening...

Sooner in Tampa
12/9/2011, 08:34 AM
Cry me a river. No one is suppressing anyone's opinion...just calling it stupid. In my humble opinion the notion that Landry Jones fumbled twice which led to at least a 17 point swing has anything to do with Bob being overpaid or burned out...is STUPID...it's really, really STUPID. It's the kind of thing that STUPID PEOPLE THINK ABOUT AND SAY!!! But carry on being STUPID, STUPID PEOPLE.
Well done!! Bravo!!! Way to focus on ONE point in the conversation.

Now, please focus on the GOD AWFUL loss to one of the sorriest teams in college football...Taco Tech...and then focus that completely crappy performance against Baylor...and then when you are done with that...focus on the COMPLETE lack of intensity for BEDLAM!!!! BEDLAM for ****s sake!!!!

Ya'll keep going to the United Methodist Church of Bob Stoops and NEVER question anything he does!!!

Heavy is the head that wears the Crown...

Crimsontothecore
12/9/2011, 08:41 AM

The problem with the "opinions" of people like you is that you act as though this program is in shambles. It is simply unfair criticism to bash a coach who has accomplished and maintained a high level of success like Stoops has. You people talk as though OU has suffered through a string of losing seasons and Stoops just doesn't care anymore. The guy has won 7 conference titles and they are spread out over 12 of his thirteen seasons as head coach. His teams have played for four national titles over an 8 year span so enough of acting like we've been disappointing for season after season. If your idea of a successful coach is one who's team NEVER suffers an upset, NEVER loses a game, and wins a national title EVERY year then you are unrealistic and your opinion deserves no respect.

By your standards there are about 115 coaches in D-1 that are burnt out and need to be fired.

olevetonahill
12/9/2011, 09:24 AM
Naw to me the PROBLEM with their opinions is the simple fact that they are worn and tired , We've heard em repeatedly and continuously.

I dont think any SANE poster here will tell you that they think every thing is PERFECT, But unlike some we also dont think the wheels have come off the bus yet either .

Curly Bill
12/9/2011, 09:29 AM

Because to many posters on here you can't spell God without two B's and an O in the middle. He rescued us from the Blake years so he gets a pass from here on out til eternity.

pphilfran
12/9/2011, 09:30 AM
The wheels are still on the bus but we ain't go no steering wheel or brakes...we are spiraling down into the Valley of Death with a burnt out driver that has surely become possessed over the last few years...an exorcism is needed...

olevetonahill
12/9/2011, 09:34 AM
The wheels are still on the bus but we ain't go no steering wheel or brakes...we are spiraling down into the Valley of Death with a burnt out driver that has surely become possessed over the last few years...an exorcism is needed...

Well Hell. Now ya tell me :cower:

OUInformant
12/9/2011, 09:50 AM
There's not much to say about the year other than that it was an utter disappointment.

Stoops is a consistent coach, who can put up 10+ win seasons on an annual basis and get us into BCS Bowls. But, no doubt, he has also consistently had trouble winning against the best competition.

We have a quasi-dynasty going, that is dominated by conference titles and 10+ win seasons; however, they have, ultimately, ended in bad-tasting bowl losses. We are the Atlanta Braves of college football.

Fortunately, Stoops has as much time as he needs to figure things out, because he isn't going anywhere (i.e., unless it is under his terms). And also, Stoops hasn't skipped out on the program after 5-8 years like, Urban Meyer, Pete Carroll, Jim Tressel (trouble), Nick Saban (LSU), etc. Stoops has been very loyal and, for that, I will give him my loyalty despite several bad seasons.

Here's to 2012 (and yes, I'm a homer).

Curly Bill
12/9/2011, 09:52 AM
He's a consistent coach, but has trouble winning against the best competition on an annual basis.
We have a quasi-dynasty going, that is dominated by conference titles and bad bowl losses. We are the Atlanta Braves of college football.

Good comparison.

Sooner in Tampa
12/9/2011, 10:08 AM
I agree that the wheels aren't falling off...but we damn sure have some issues.

Since 2005 we seem to have a knack for laying a big ole pile of steaming **** all over a football field against inferior opponents

2005 - Unranked TCU L 10-17 @ Unranked UCLA L 21-41
2006 - The now infamous loss to BSU... they were #9, but this will forever sting
2007 - @ Unranked CU L 24-27 @ Unranked TTU L 34-27
2009 - @ #21 Miami L 21-20 @ Unranked Nebbish L 3-10 @ Unranked TTU L 13-41

These are not our only losses, just the embarrassing ones. Some of these losses have outside factors...but damn, we can lay some eggs. Why do we have to **** the bed every year. I really and truly can understand losing a game to an unranked opponent from time to time.

champions77
12/9/2011, 11:22 AM
This weak assed premise of yours is one word- incredulous. Or ****ing stupid. NO ONE that is burned out puts in the hours that a HC at a major school does. NO ONE. Going through the motions when he could be making dough doing **** for nike or espn? Yeah, right. The guy gets about 2 weeks off a year and I am willing to bet that he puts in a ****load more hours than you do at the ****ing burger king or wherever it is that you have yourself dug in like a tick at middle management (at a whopping 40-45 hours a week). You obviously have no idea what it is like to try to motivate a bunch of 20 yr olds that think they're smarter than you. I would not relish the task. I deal with kids right out of college and they are dense, ****ing dense and you know what? They aren't getting less dense these days. Sometimes your players pan out and they become men, sometimes not. I'm willing to bet that we lost two of those men to injuries this year and regardless of them on the sidelines, they were not on the field where it counts to lead. I honestly think that these kids read their clippings and ignored what the glaring issues were leading into the tech game. They thought they could skate and they didn't and VOILA! they are out of it and the Sr. studs are thinking about draft status. My biggest issue with Stoops is that he keeps starters in too long. Let the young'uns come in (before we are up 5 scores) and press the starters to play better. In other words, I don't think the hunger is there, but it's not Bob, it's the players.

Wow, so you came up with all of that just because I think that Bob may be "burned out"? The fact of the matter is that you don't know if he is or isn't, and neither do I. Bob, and maybe Carol are the only ones that would know this for sure. You mention how can he be burned out, he works all of those hours? That's what makes a person burned out Einstein, working all of those hours, having the stress 24/7 that this job demands.

And you can come up with all of this just because I thought there exists the possiblilty that Bob is burned out? Have you ever given tarot card reading a try? You don't know me, but the fact that you have 23,908 posts here speaks volumes of who you are than anything I've stated here.

olevetonahill
12/9/2011, 11:25 AM
Heh. Now we got da nOObs talkin Post count smack and the name calling
Good jorb

Crimsontothecore
12/9/2011, 11:42 AM
I agree that the wheels aren't falling off...but we damn sure have some issues.

Since 2005 we seem to have a knack for laying a big ole pile of steaming **** all over a football field against inferior opponents

2005 - Unranked TCU L 10-17 @ Unranked UCLA L 21-41
2006 - The now infamous loss to BSU... they were #9, but this will forever sting
2007 - @ Unranked CU L 24-27 @ Unranked TTU L 34-27
2009 - @ #21 Miami L 21-20 @ Unranked Nebbish L 3-10 @ Unranked TTU L 13-41

These are not our only losses, just the embarrassing ones. Some of these losses have outside factors...but damn, we can lay some eggs. Why do we have to **** the bed every year. I really and truly can understand losing a game to an unranked opponent from time to time.

2005- Down year. started the season unsettled at QB but went on to beat Oregon in the Holiday bowl.

2006- Seriously? we lost to an undefeated team in overtime on a trick play in a BCS bowl. OU won another Big12 title that year.

2007- Bad loss to CU on the road. TTU loss was on the road. They finished 9-4. OU won another Big12 title.

2009- Again, seriously? we loose our Heisman winning QB during the first game and Landry is thrown into the fire. Lost on the road by ONE point to Miami. Lost in Lincoln to NU who finished 10-4 and ranked 14th. TTU loss was in Lubbock. They finished at 9-4 ranked 21st.

Spin is what you make of it but at least get your facts straight.

Sooner in Tampa
12/9/2011, 11:46 AM
2005- Down year. started the season unsettled at QB but went on to beat Oregon in the Holiday bowl.

2006- Seriously? we lost to an undefeated team in overtime on a trick play in a BCS bowl. OU won another Big12 title that year.

2007- Bad loss to CU on the road. TTU loss was on the road. They finished 9-4. OU won another Big12 title.

2009- Again, seriously? we loose our Heisman winning QB during the first game and Landry is thrown into the fire. Lost on the road by ONE point to Miami. Lost in Lincoln to NU who finished 10-4 and ranked 14th. TTU loss was in Lubbock. They finished at 9-4 ranked 21st.

Spin is what you make of it but at least get your facts straight.

Spin????? These are ALL facts!!!

Excuses are for losers

Mississippi Sooner
12/9/2011, 11:48 AM
My post count isn't that long, but its girth is massive.

SoonerKnight
12/9/2011, 12:10 PM
Heh. Now we got da nOObs talkin Post count smack and the name calling
Good jorb

The thing is with nOObs we do not see them except when OU loses games. After we win the Bowl game they disappear and are not seen again until the next time we have a let down of a season. Thing is we win this bowl and we have 10 wins for the season. A good win ratio by any measure. Sure we laid an egg in the last game. The young guys not ready for prime time and all but what the hell we expect? How many true freshmen just have stellar games when they only played at the end of the season? No, things are not perfect and our defense is the biggest issue for us. Yes, that last game the O laid the biggest egg but for the season our O was not the biggest issues.

Does this mean Stoop's has lost his edge? HELL NO! It just means we have a young team and we will get better. Remember we had so bad let downs after 2005 we had a Bomar as QB then in 2006 we had a QB that was supposed to be a WR! Then in 2007 we had Sammy and by all accounts hell he was a breath of fresh air but he was young. In 2008 we go to the MNC game. 2009 WOW! what can you say we lose some stellar players and we had a dissappointment but in 2010 we knew we were young and we would have a rough go and boom we make another BCS game. Now 2011 we lose starters our losses 3 piled up and we go to a dissappointing bowl game. Does that really mean Stoops has lost edge? No, It means we gotta go out there and stomp us some Iowa and then focus on preparing for 2012.

It does not get any easier because this Oklahoma football and there is only 1 Oklahoma football and we schedule tough competition year in and year out!!

SoonerorLater
12/9/2011, 12:11 PM
I don't know if Bob Stoops is burnt out or not but I am of the opinion that unless you are compulsively driven, a lying cheat or a sociopath it's hard to win it all in college football any more. Look at the coaches who have won over the last decade. Urban Myer, they had to cart him off to the hospital a few times in his last few years at Florida. Jim Tressel, Gene Cizak (Cam Newton recruiting) or my favorite ruthless SOB Nick Saban. This list is absent Pop Warner type coaches who take a more measured view of college athletics.

Read this article today. This is the kind of coach that we have playing for a national championship

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Heath-Evans-Nick-Saban-once-stepped-over-a-conv?urn=nfl-wp13450

olevetonahill
12/9/2011, 12:14 PM
Not to mention EVERY team we play Brings every thing they have to try and knock off the Sooners

SoonerKnight
12/9/2011, 12:17 PM
Exactly! We are a target every time we step on the field. However teams such as Alabam and LSU do not schedule tough teams like we do and therefore save their guys for the end of the season.

Sooner in Tampa
12/9/2011, 12:47 PM
Exactly! We are a target every time we step on the field. However teams such as Alabam and LSU do not schedule tough teams like we do and therefore save their guys for the end of the season.
Are you ****ing kidding me??

I am a HUGE OU fan, but I am also a damn realist too!!!

Let's look at LSU's schedule

vs. Oregon W
vs. NW State...W (Joke Game)
vs. Miss St. W
vs. West Virgnia W
vs. Kentucky
vs. Florida
vs. Tennessee
vs. Auburn
vs. Alabama
vs. Western Kentuck (Joke Game)
vs. Ole Miss
vs. Arkansas
vs. Georgia

The bolded games...this years team would have lost. OU fans can talk a lot of smack, but you cannot argue with the schedules that LSU and Alabama played this year. They were both tougher than ours.

SoonerDood
12/9/2011, 01:05 PM
Spin????? These are ALL facts!!!

Excuses are for losers

I see the better team winning 6 of those 8 games you listed.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/9/2011, 01:33 PM
I was hoping by this point I could start a thread about what I feel went wrong and what needs to change.. The problem is that I can't because anything not involving firing someone or hiring someone is slammed by those who say they are always slammed.

NormanPride
12/9/2011, 01:34 PM
LSU sure, but Alabama played a crap schedule.

NormanPride
12/9/2011, 01:36 PM
I was hoping by this point I could start a thread about what I feel went wrong and what needs to change.. The problem is that I can't because anything not involving firing someone or hiring someone is slammed by those who say they are always slammed.

You and I can shout down the haters. I think people would react well to a thread like that.

BoulderSooner79
12/9/2011, 01:47 PM
You and I can shout down the haters. I think people would react well to a thread like that.

I think it would be a good thread as well, but it might require an "ignore list" in order to filter the noise.

Crimsontothecore
12/9/2011, 01:53 PM
Not to mention EVERY team we play Brings every thing they have to try and knock off the Sooners

Which is exactly why osu would have their a**** handed to them if they had gotten the nod to play LSU.

Sooner in Tampa
12/9/2011, 01:53 PM
I see the better team winning 6 of those 8 games you listed.

Really?

Unranked TCU, UCLA Taco Tech x2, Colorado, and a Nebbish team that scored a whopping 10 pts?

Duly noted.

Crimsontothecore
12/9/2011, 03:14 PM
Really?

Unranked TCU, UCLA Taco Tech x2, Colorado, and a Nebbish team that scored a whopping 10 pts?

Duly noted.

Wow, are you that stupid? TCU finished 11-1 and ranked 11th, TTU in '09 went 9-4 and ranked 21st, NU was 10-4 and ranked 14th. Oh, I forgot. OU is never, ever, ever supposed to lose to anybody..ever.

SoonerKnight
12/9/2011, 03:26 PM

vs. Oregon W
vs. Miss St. W
vs. West Virgnia W
vs. Kentucky
vs. Florida
vs. Tennessee
vs. Auburn
vs. Alabama
vs. Ole Miss
vs. Arkansas
vs. Georgia

[/B]The bolded games...this years team would have lost. OU fans can talk a lot of smack, but you cannot argue with the schedules that LSU and Alabama played this year. They were both tougher than ours.

That is their conference schedule. When I said schedule I meant OOC!

StoopTroup
12/9/2011, 03:49 PM
http://thewheelfx.com/lane/GIFS/Applause.gif

You do know that that guy clapping tried to kill Superman?

SoonerAtKU
12/9/2011, 03:57 PM
And Eddie Murphy. Or at least the Golden Child.

StoopTroup
12/9/2011, 04:57 PM

What about a thread about those who say they are always slammed but are always slamming? :D ;) That just never gets old....LMAO

StoopTroup
12/9/2011, 04:58 PM
And Eddie Murphy. Or at least the Golden Child.

Good point. That bastard is always up to no good.

MamaMia
12/9/2011, 07:48 PM
He wasn't born a Sooner. This is his job. Everyone gets burned out at their job every once in a while, even if you like your job.

8timechamps
12/9/2011, 08:19 PM

vs. Oregon W
vs. Miss St. W
vs. West Virgnia W
vs. Kentucky
vs. Florida
vs. Tennessee
vs. Auburn
vs. Alabama
vs. Ole Miss
vs. Arkansas
vs. Georgia

The bolded games...this years team would have lost. OU fans can talk a lot of smack, but you cannot argue with the schedules that LSU and Alabama played this year. They were both tougher than ours.

I disagree. That's SEC-fan thinking. LSU played a tougher schedule than most, but Alabama played a weak schedule. I'm not convinced we would have lost to UGA or Arkansas.

12/9/2011, 10:07 PM
I think "burned out" is extreme, but accurate in some respects. I've been lucky to have a very good job making way more than I should have been and becoming burned out. I don't think it is a matter of how much you make. It's a matter of the same old sh!t every day.

We hold him up to standards. We should. And yet, he is human.

The best of jobs, regardless of the position held, will ultimately dull its edge.

I can't think of anyone I'd prefer in OUr leadership, though.

BoulderSooner79
12/9/2011, 10:09 PM
I can't say the SEC was weak when they have the 2 best teams in the country (yes, I believe that). But the SEC is extremely top heavy and over-rated this year. Arkansas was extremely over-rated as was Georgia. Those teams along with South Carolina would not have fared well in the big12.

SoonernAR
12/10/2011, 12:10 AM
As much as I have to complain about the last 4 -5 yrs, I am not ready to give up on Stoops. I think a shakeup in the coaching staff is required and I wish he would do so. I want to see a fire in the belly of the beast that every other team in the nation feared at one time.

StoopTroup
12/10/2011, 12:20 AM
I wanna see him keep everyone and really jam it right up where the sun don't shine. If I was putting money on it...I'd go get into Med School and start looking for a residency in Proctology.

C&CDean
12/10/2011, 09:45 AM
As much as I have to complain about the last 4 -5 yrs, I am not ready to give up on Stoops. I think a shakeup in the coaching staff is required and I wish he would do so. I want to see a fire in the belly of the beast that every other team in the nation feared at one time.

You know what I'd like to see? Fire in the belly of OU fans. Well other than the burning hatred some dimwits have for our coaching staff.

What's really funny is that 90% of the haters don't even support the team. Do they go to games? Nope. The only cheering they do is to throw their nasty-assed hat that's way overdue for an oil change at their POS television set and go into a Copenhagen drooled rant cussing God, Stoops, Venables, and life at large.

At least that's what goes for the ones I see on this board. You know I'm right.

olevetonahill
12/10/2011, 10:04 AM
You know what I'd like to see? Fire in the belly of OU fans. Well other than the burning hatred some dimwits have for our coaching staff.

What's really funny is that 90% of the haters don't even support the team. Do they go to games? Nope. The only cheering they do is to throw their nasty-assed hat that's way overdue for an oil change at their POS television set and go into a Copenhagen drooled rant cussing God, Stoops, Venables, and life at large.

I dont dip.

tulsaoilerfan
12/10/2011, 10:12 AM
You know what? I will take 10 win seasons, character, and integrity EVERY time over the Nick Sabans, Joe Paternos, Urban Meyers, and Jim Tressels of the world

C&CDean
12/10/2011, 10:14 AM
I dont dip.

Heh. In your case it's a Natty Lite can you're winging at the TV.

olevetonahill
12/10/2011, 10:35 AM
Heh. In your case it's a Natty Lite can you're winging at the TV.

:excitement:

SoonerKnight
12/10/2011, 12:40 PM

I have to agree to some extent but supporting the team can be done in different ways which includes buying gear that proceeds go to the school. As far as the rest of what you said well whatever but I can see why people are so frustrated but they don't have to be stupid about it.

King Crimson
12/10/2011, 12:45 PM
i'd like to know why we can't defend the deep pass over the middle. post route, whatever. even a mediocre Cincy team had us wired there in 2010.

that's my only coaching question. i like Venables, i like to gamble and bring the heat on 3rd and long (every time)....but, wow, do we give up big play after big play...

my queries are empirical and not knowledge based.

we are a much different team without Whaley's tough yards and Broyles getting hurt, this year. I accept that.

8timechamps
12/10/2011, 12:58 PM
i'd like to know why we can't defend the deep pass over the middle. post route, whatever. even a mediocre Cincy team had us wired there in 2010.

that's my only coaching question. i like Venables, i like to gamble and bring the heat on 3rd and long (every time)....but, wow, do we give up big play after big play...

my queries are empirical and not knowledge based.

we are a much different team without Whaley's tough yards and Broyles getting hurt, this year. I accept that.

That's the big question on defense...from my perspective, it just looks like confusion or mistakes were made on almost all of the big plays our secondary gave up.

C&CDean
12/10/2011, 02:48 PM
That's the big question on defense...from my perspective, it just looks like confusion or mistakes were made on almost all of the big plays our secondary gave up.

Yup. On almost every one you could see our guys (usually Javon) going "oh ****, I did it again" right after getting sucked up on play action or a QB scrambling a little bit. He isn't coached to do that.