PDA

View Full Version : So.......the wife thread thingy is gone now.....

bonkuba
12/7/2011, 06:59 PM
Hmmmmm......guess Dean arrived :excitement:

SicEmBaylor
12/7/2011, 07:00 PM
Actually, my money is on Frozen.

bonkuba
12/7/2011, 07:01 PM
Ah.......

olevetonahill
12/7/2011, 07:12 PM

Ill say 70 -40 yer right :smiley_simmons:

Lott's Bandana
12/7/2011, 07:25 PM

Put some vCash on it, I'm thinking you'd win.

Frozen Sooner
12/7/2011, 08:33 PM
Pay the man.

SicEmBaylor
12/7/2011, 08:41 PM
Knew it.

See, Dean is like a berserker...he'll beat you the hell down before finishing you off. Froze is more like a ninja....he's already gone before you realize you're dead.

delhalew
12/7/2011, 08:54 PM
You got em nailed, Sic 'em.

C&CDean
12/7/2011, 09:23 PM
I've been in Austin, Houston, Vernon, Dallas, and now back home. WTF did I miss?

delhalew
12/7/2011, 09:30 PM
I've been in Austin, Houston, Vernon, Dallas, and now back home. WTF did I miss?

You missed me on my way from Sweetwater to Little Rock.

jk the sooner fan
12/7/2011, 09:31 PM

apparently you called martin's wife a whore when you banned him - and then a bunch of your snot lickers here defended you - i was on a plane from dallas to dc when it all happened - but good times... stuff

Fraggle145
12/7/2011, 09:32 PM
apparently you called martin's wife a whore when you banned him - and then a bunch of your snot lickers here defended you - i was on a plane from dallas to dc when it all happened - but good times... stuff

I think you left out one detail there... An important detail.

SicEmBaylor
12/7/2011, 09:34 PM
All of that and somewhat of a suggestion that Dean's wife may also have been a whore. To be fair, he was asking EVERYONE if their wife was a whore so I don't think he was passing judgement.

jk the sooner fan
12/7/2011, 09:36 PM
I think you left out one detail there... An important detail.

yeah i used the word "apparently" and then followed it up with the fact that i was on an airplane

so anything is possible - however i've seen the screen shot of dean's comment - i took it for what it was

Lott's Bandana
12/7/2011, 09:45 PM
face

palm

C&CDean
12/7/2011, 09:56 PM
most times jk does not disappoint. this time, not so much.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/7/2011, 09:57 PM
you truckin?

jk the sooner fan
12/7/2011, 09:58 PM
most times jk does not disappoint. this time, not so much.

you never fail to do the same there sugar pie

never ever

bonkuba
12/7/2011, 10:01 PM
Dang, sorry I missed your arrival Dean......was up to my armpits in Service Truck compressor issues......literally :angel:

C&CDean
12/7/2011, 10:02 PM
Truckin...like the do da man...

So, marty has told everyone I called his old lady a whore huh? Weird. I thought that was private. Stuff.

SicEmBaylor
12/7/2011, 10:11 PM

So, marty has told everyone I called his old lady a whore huh? Weird. I thought that was private. Stuff.
It wasn't Martin.

C&CDean
12/7/2011, 10:12 PM
Oh. and wtf happened to the thread?

IBleedCrimson
12/7/2011, 10:23 PM
it got black bagged lol

delhalew
12/7/2011, 10:26 PM
Weird how Goober wound up with a screen shot of Marty getting a smack down. Weird and pathetic.

tator
12/7/2011, 11:16 PM
It wasn't a secret, it's all over this site:

http://www.martin_vs_gryffindor.com

CrimsonJim
12/7/2011, 11:40 PM
Damn! I wanted to get the URL to that dating site.

Fraggle145
12/8/2011, 03:13 AM
All of that and somewhat of a suggestion that Dean's wife may also have been a whore. To be fair, he was asking EVERYONE if their wife was a whore so I don't think he was passing judgement.

I didnt really get the impression that he was asking everyone if their wife was a whore... But I could be misremembering.

SicEmBaylor
12/8/2011, 03:15 AM
I didnt really get the impression that he was asking everyone if their wife was a whore... But I could be misremembering.
It was the title of the thread, wasn't it?

SoonerStormchaser
12/8/2011, 03:26 AM
I believe we have video of the offense:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/649180/

Start at 1:32

bonkuba
12/8/2011, 10:20 AM
OK.....had my coffee.....what did I miss?

Fraggle145
12/8/2011, 10:27 AM
It was the title of the thread, wasn't it?

Right. But within the 1st post it seemed more directed at Dean.

BillyBall
12/8/2011, 10:32 AM
It's the most wonderful time of the year...

NormanPride
12/8/2011, 11:14 AM
So martin is gone?

SoonerLaw09
12/8/2011, 11:36 AM

That is teh allsome. I've thought of truckin' as my "retirement gig", too. Still a ways away from it, but never hurts to plan ahead. After the rugrat moves out and makes me a grampa, and I'm too old to make teh secks, such activity would keep me and the wife out of each other's hair. Prolly best for both of us. :)

delhalew
12/8/2011, 11:57 AM
Careful what you wish for.

Mississippi Sooner
12/8/2011, 12:05 PM
I got the truckin' thing out of my system when I was young. It was fun for a while, and I got to see some stuff that I might have never been able to, otherwise. Still, it always made me wonder when I'd see those older guys out there running teams with their wives. That's a situation where you'd surely learn whether you and your spouse were truly soulmates or not. Talk about living in close quarters.

delhalew
12/8/2011, 12:20 PM
I got the truckin' thing out of my system when I was young. It was fun for a while, and I got to see some stuff that I might have never been able to, otherwise. Still, it always made me wonder when I'd see those older guys out there running teams with their wives. That's a situation where you'd surely learn whether you and your spouse were truly soulmates or not. Talk about living in close quarters.

Well, there is a thousand types of trucking jobs. My opinion is that it takes a special sort of maniac to handle any of them.

I drove 700 miles yesterday, like running to corner for a pack of smokes. I question my sanity.

bonkuba
12/8/2011, 12:23 PM
I am around truckers all the time with our truck side of the biz. There are quite a few spouse team drivers....some like it......some dont. It is mainly as you said....being around each other 100% of the time. Also, when one of you doesnt make the miles needed opn their "shift" what ya do....yell? Well, teh secks is done for a while......... :excitement:

Mississippi Sooner
12/8/2011, 12:31 PM
Well, there is a thousand types of trucking jobs. My opinion is that it takes a special sort of maniac to handle any of them.

I drove 700 miles yesterday, like running to corner for a pack of smokes. I question my sanity.

I decided to give it another go back in late '95. A friend of mine talked me into getting into the sand tanker business because "it's all local, you can be home any time you want."

Er, yeah. Local means making two runs a day between Mill Creek, OK and Dallas. Never let the silo at Owens Corning get empty. Being home basically meant stopping in at the house to grab a shower and a sandwich.

I finally gave that up and spent another year hauling dry freight on the east coast before giving it up for good. I really enjoyed that last job because I pretty much just made a big, continuous circle between Houston, Greenville, MS and New Jersey and back again. But I finally decided I wanted to give the 9 to 5 thing a chance. That was 15 years ago and, even though I had some great times out on the road, I was ready to live an ordinary, boring life.

delhalew
12/8/2011, 12:36 PM
I am around truckers all the time with our truck side of the biz. There are quite a few spouse team drivers....some like it......some dont. It is mainly as you said....being around each other 100% of the time. Also, when one of you doesnt make the miles needed opn their "shift" what ya do....yell? Well, teh secks is done for a while......... :excitement:

My first trucking job, I ended up trapped in a truck with random strangers. 6 over the course of 9 months. 2 of those resulted in fist fights in w bar ditch on the side of an interstate. Seriously. Another I literally threw out in a parking lot in Butte, Montana for trying to take his shift too hammered to walk. That was a hard 9 months.

DCSooner
12/8/2011, 12:49 PM
There should be a truck driver forum.

delhalew
12/8/2011, 12:55 PM

I'll bet you could count those of us stupid enough to try it on one hand.

soonerbrat
12/8/2011, 01:12 PM
i miss all the good stuff.

bonkuba
12/8/2011, 01:29 PM

Allsome

stoops the eternal pimp
12/8/2011, 03:38 PM

In!

Jammin'
12/8/2011, 04:41 PM
Can I at least know what time the other thread was deleted? I believe I had 5:36 and sic had 4:20.

Mississippi Sooner
12/8/2011, 04:44 PM
Can I at least know what time the other thread was deleted? I believe I had 5:36 and sic had 4:20.

Won't do you any good. I won and already collected my prize.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/8/2011, 04:45 PM
I'm going to go ahead and call you the winner Jammin.

Jammin'
12/8/2011, 04:46 PM
I feel special.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/8/2011, 04:48 PM
dong pics are in the mail..congrats

bonkuba
12/8/2011, 05:02 PM
Heh

soonerbrat
12/8/2011, 05:29 PM

i seriously dislike the new smileys.

bonkuba
12/8/2011, 05:35 PM
i seriously dislike the new smileys.

Agreed......when we created my site there are some pretty cool ones.... even a cool OU one.

cleller
12/8/2011, 05:43 PM
Alright, is this about smileys, trucks, or wives now? All of them have their pluses and minuses.

Mississippi Sooner
12/8/2011, 05:46 PM
I make a motion that we start talking about poop.

3rdgensooner
12/8/2011, 06:00 PM
Alright, is this about smileys, trucks, or wives now? All of them have their pluses and minuses.It's about whore smileys.

yermom
12/8/2011, 07:24 PM

i can do 700 miles in my sleep. i've had a few 2000 mile weekends, and i'm an amateur.

jk the sooner fan
12/8/2011, 07:31 PM
wait - was Dean really complaining about an internet insult being private?

delhalew
12/8/2011, 08:04 PM
i can do 700 miles in my sleep. i've had a few 2000 mile weekends, and i'm an amateur.

I would never do that in a truck, too dangerous. My personal ride on the other hand...

I did Duncan OK to Minneapolis and back without stopping...after working a twelve hour shift. I'm gonna admit, that sucked...bad. That's over 2000, hell it might be 3000

C&CDean
12/8/2011, 09:13 PM

wait - no jon, i wasn't. are you on crack or something? left field. you has it.

C&CDean
12/8/2011, 09:15 PM
I would never do that in a truck, too dangerous. My personal ride on the other hand...

I did Duncan OK to Minneapolis and back without stopping...after working a twelve hour shift. I'm gonna admit, that sucked...bad. That's over 2000, hell it might be 3000

Not any more. I used to pull that kinda ride, but now I'm kinda telling them how much I'm gonna drive. I might do 700-1000 in a day, but Big Daddy is gonna stop, eat, have a few drinks, sleep a solid 8-hours, and then carry on in the morning. Most of my days are maybe 300-600 or so. Easy peasy.

Soonerus
12/8/2011, 09:15 PM
This is the type of odd thread you see after your team sucks big time...very weird...

Fraggle145
12/8/2011, 09:16 PM

Sometimes you are a real dumb ****.

C&CDean
12/8/2011, 09:16 PM
Very odd.

C&CDean
12/8/2011, 09:17 PM
Sometimes you are a real dumb ****.

That's what happens when you live your life looking for an opportunity to insult someone who's treated you badly - in your own mind. Kinda sad, really.

Soonerus
12/8/2011, 09:18 PM
Subtle antagonism...and very strange...

C&CDean
12/8/2011, 09:38 PM
You're killing me Russ. Been to Benvenuti's lately? Last couple times it's been the bomb. Really not anything bad on the menu that I've found yet.

jk the sooner fan
12/8/2011, 10:05 PM
That's what happens when you live your life looking for an opportunity to insult someone who's treated you badly - in your own mind. Kinda sad, really.

oh snap, that hurts....you know me soooo welll tough guy!

SicEmBaylor
12/8/2011, 10:17 PM
Guys....guys.....guys....

Do we really need all this bad blood and consternation right now? Can't we all just sit back and enjoy the sheer joy of RGIII winning the O'Brien Award tonight and the Heisman on Saturday?

I Am Right
12/13/2011, 07:45 PM

LOL

yermom
12/13/2011, 08:16 PM

worst i've done was North Las Vegas to Norman in one day ~19 hours. i was planning on stopping in either Albuquerque or Amarillo, but when i got to Amarillo, i just decided to save the $$$ of getting a hotel room and drive through. i was just kinda in the zone. it wasn't bad until i hit Oklahoma

Turd_Ferguson
12/13/2011, 08:36 PM
Yarmouth, Mass straight thru to OKC. I was hallucinating somewhere around the Choctaw Rd exit...

Frozen Sooner
12/13/2011, 08:43 PM
worst i've done was North Las Vegas to Norman in one day ~19 hours. i was planning on stopping in either Albuquerque or Amarillo, but when i got to Amarillo, i just decided to save the $$$ of getting a hotel room and drive through. i was just kinda in the zone. it wasn't bad until i hit Oklahoma

Des Moines, IA to Dawson, BC in one day. Don't know how long it was, but it sucked.

GDC
12/13/2011, 08:56 PM
Guys....guys.....guys....

Do we really need all this bad blood and consternation right now? Can't we all just sit back and enjoy the sheer joy of RGIII winning the O'Brien Award tonight and the Heisman on Saturday?

**** off, dip****

Lott's Bandana
12/13/2011, 09:55 PM

Charleston S.C. to Norman in one swoop. 22 hours and like Mom, I didn't want to stop in Little Rock, then Ft Smith and waste hotel money.

I tried to go to sleep when I got to Norman and couldn't, even though I was exhausted. I would lie there but I was still moving. Really, really uncomfortable feeling.

delhalew
12/13/2011, 10:16 PM
Charleston S.C. to Norman in one swoop. 22 hours and like Mom, I didn't want to stop in Little Rock, then Ft Smith and waste hotel money.

I tried to go to sleep when I got to Norman and couldn't, even though I was exhausted. I would lie there but I was still moving. Really, really uncomfortable feeling.

This is the really sketchy area you get into after driving for more than 16-20 hours. When I got to Minnesota, I laid down for 10 minutes before I figured out that wasn't happening. So that was a 36 hour drive. The last 16 hours being in the top 5 dumbest moves of my life.

Fraggle145
12/13/2011, 11:22 PM
Athens, GA to Norman, OK in a moving truck that had a governor on it for 60mph. Normally a 16 hour trip was 21hours. Pure hell.

soonerbrat
12/14/2011, 10:28 AM
longest road trip by myself? hmm...virginia beach to OKC. but I stopped in Nashville and spent the night.

KantoSooner
12/14/2011, 11:12 AM
Tulsa to Amherst, Mass.

I slept for an hour or two, though...as I drove through Indiana.

Mississippi Sooner
12/14/2011, 11:23 AM
Tulsa to Amherst, Mass.

I slept for an hour or two, though...as I drove through Indiana.

It's easy to do that while driving through Indiana. It's not like you are going to hit anything important if you run off the road.

49r
12/14/2011, 06:17 PM
Des Moines, IA to Dawson, BC in one day. Don't know how long it was, but it sucked.

According to Google, it's about 33 hours. (http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Des+Moines,+IA&daddr=Dawson+Creek,+British+Columbia,+Canada&hl=en&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=56.331468,57.392578&geocode=FSHGegIdbqNr-innHmHBpJnuhzGy5JEmUSgAcQ%3BFeO9UgMdjF_V-Cm5hwd-NpmRUzEwMXsqFTUBBQ&vpsrc=0&mra=ls&t=m&z=5)

Like, that's insane, dude.

Frozen Sooner
12/15/2011, 12:59 AM
I was moving pretty fast. The best part about radar detectors being illegal in Canada is that their cops have ****ty radar rigs.

I might have started the day in Fargo, come to think of it. It was 12 years ago.

GDC
12/15/2011, 11:37 AM
I was moving pretty fast. The best part about radar detectors being illegal in Canada is that their cops have ****ty radar rigs.

I might have started the day in Fargo, come to think of it. It was 12 years ago.

Heh, Fargo. I watched that again recently, classic movie.

C&CDean
12/18/2011, 10:02 AM
When I was in the Army, I used to run up and down the East coast on I-95. One time I went from Fayetteville, NC to Quincy, MA, partied with some guys for about 7-8 hours, then drove the 750ish miles back to Fayetteville. I remember seeing a sign saying "Fayetteville 25 miles" then waking up as I hit a curb in front of a Checker Auto, tore off a couple of tires from the rims, got it straightened out before hitting the building, did a 360 or two and ended up facing the wrong way somewhere in Fayetteville. I swear I drove those last 25 miles sound asleep. But for the grace of God...

The funny deal is that I had a VW Thing back then. My cruise control was a brick I put on the gas pedal. It would run about 65mph flat out. It was hell bouncing/spinning through an empty parking lot trying to kick a brick off the gas pedal.

Another time a buddy of mine and I were heading up to Boston. We left out of Fayetteville after work on Friday afternoon, smoked a bunch of dope, and hit it hard. I remember the sun coming up when we were on the Massachussetts Turnpike. Next thing I know we're hitting 55-gallon orange and white barrells on the side of the highway. I swerved across about 6 lanes of traffic, damn near rolled it, and then straightened out doing 65 since the brick was on the gas. Dude who was riding was all zipped up inside an Army fart sack (my plastic windows were all rotted out and it was colder than hell). He looked like a Mexican jumping bean trying to get out of the bag. His head pops out, eyes like saucers and he goes "wtf man?" I go "don't know, I'm just driving along and these dang barrells rolled right out in front of me." He goes "****ing liar." I go "yeah, pretty much." When we headed back to Fayetteville dude never slept once, and kept punching me in the arm going "don't go to sleep dammit." Finally, somewhere around Richmond I backhanded his *** and said "you punch me one more time I'm gonna throw your *** out on the side of the road." He goes "I just wanna live man."

Good times.

delhalew
12/18/2011, 10:43 AM
My dad fell asleep and flipped one of those seventies model Subarus. Not a scratch.