PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Pearl Harbor

Hot Rod
12/7/2011, 08:32 AM
Today marks the 70th anniversary of the attacks on Pearl Harbor. I visited there 3 years ago, and it's truly an experience to know what took place that fateful day.

God Bless the USA! :loyal:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Pearl_Harbor

hawaii 5-0
12/7/2011, 10:50 AM
Lots of rememberance activities going on here today.

5-0

Hot Rod
12/7/2011, 11:08 AM
I got to visit there 3 years ago. Indescribable feeling visiting the Arizona memorial. The Oklahoma memorial was very nicely done as well. When we visited, we asked where it was located and they acted like they never heard of it. It had only been up for a few months. We plan on returning next year with the rest of the family.

Jammin'
12/7/2011, 11:12 AM
I spent 7 summer's on Oahu (2000-2006) and went to Pearl each summer. I was blessed that my grandfather was still alive at that time. He served on the USS Independence out of Pearl. I called him every time I was at the Memorial and he would tell me stories of his time at war or, mostly, of his time getting drunk while waiting for repairs in Honolulu. He passed away in the spring of 2007. Fitting I've never been back I guess.

oudanny
12/7/2011, 03:17 PM
Got to go there this past summer. Toured the USS Missouri and stood at the site where the surrender document was signed.
Very moving experience.