PDA

View Full Version : If Bon Scott hadn't drank himself to death, would OKC-NBA still play Thunderstruck?

nighttrain12
12/6/2011, 11:27 PM
Since they didn't release it until about 10 years after his death.

Jammin'
12/7/2011, 10:58 AM
Possibly the greatest thought process of all time.

Mississippi Sooner
12/7/2011, 11:05 AM
I usually have people throw stuff at me when I say this, but to me, Bon Scott was AC/DC.

nighttrain12
12/7/2011, 12:55 PM
I usually have people throw stuff at me when I say this, but to me, Bon Scott was AC/DC.

It's pretty amazing though that Brian Johnson has now been the lead singer for THIRTY years but yes, some still prefer Bon. Angus and Malcolm co-wrote Thunderstruck so they likely would have pitched the idea to Bon.

New CD/Tour coming in 2012!

delhalew
12/7/2011, 01:09 PM
There is no divergent universe in which it is possible for Bon Scott to not have drank himself to death.

I do, however, love the thought process.

sooner59
12/7/2011, 11:01 PM
Agreed. Bon was destined for that. It was a matter of time. I like both singers, though.

Frozen Sooner
12/7/2011, 11:12 PM
I'm a big fan of Bon Scott singing Back in Black. Other than that, I have no preference for either singer.

nighttrain12
12/8/2011, 02:22 PM
I'm a big fan of Bon Scott singing Back in Black. Other than that, I have no preference for either singer.

They had barely started working on that album when he died. In fact, he may not have heard the song yet from his bandmates. Brian sings that one (which they play at OU football pregames alot).

Frozen Sooner
12/8/2011, 02:41 PM
They had barely started working on that album when he died. In fact, he may not have heard the song yet from his bandmates. Brian sings that one (which they play at OU football pregames alot).

Well, what do you know. I was under the impression the version of Back in Black on Bonfire featured Bon Scott's vocals, which is why it sounded so different from the original release. My fault.

nighttrain12
12/8/2011, 09:20 PM
Well, what do you know. I was under the impression the version of Back in Black on Bonfire featured Bon Scott's vocals, which is why it sounded so different from the original release. My fault.

Sorry, I can't tell if you are being sarcastic. I consider myself a big fan of AC/DC but I don't know everything about them. I don't have Bonfire though I have heard of that box set of course. Did Bon sing a version of that song on Bonfire?

Frozen Sooner
12/8/2011, 09:45 PM
Nope. I was being sincere. I honestly thought that was Bon Scott singing it on Bonfire. Turns out it wasn't. It's supposedly a remaster, but man, it sounds pretty different.