PDA

View Full Version : How humiliating...

TheresOnlyOne
12/6/2011, 12:47 PM
Picture this....the OU football team waiting in line to eat at a ritzy Phoenix restaurant. Travis Lewis addressing the team, goin on and on with his tired-*** schtick...."We're Oklahoma! People fear us! We're everybody's Super Bow.." (Interruption by hostess) "Um excuse me young man, could you step aside, we have our Fiesta Bowl teams coming in and they'd like to be seated."

Neath a Western Sky
12/6/2011, 12:58 PM
Picture this....the OU football team waiting in line to eat at a ritzy Phoenix restaurant. Travis Lewis addressing the team, goin on and on with his tired-*** schtick...."We're Oklahoma! People fear us! We're everybody's Super Bow.." (Interruption by hostess) "Um excuse me young man, could you step aside, we have our Fiesta Bowl teams coming in and they'd like to be seated."

Home run ball, TheresOnlyOne! Works on every level. LMAO!:angel:

TUSooner
12/6/2011, 01:09 PM
Man, if only all OUr players were as good as TL imagines he is..... <sigh>

TheresOnlyOne
12/6/2011, 01:20 PM
I'll just say this. If you're this bad-*** middle backer, and a senior captain that talks all kinds of noise..... NO TEAM rushes for more than 250 yards on your defense. Especially when you're the idiot shooting the wrong gap and slamming into your own d-tackles while the ball carrier goes for about 25-30 a tote.

Breadburner
12/6/2011, 01:26 PM
He had better things to do like shave a shark into his fro.....

TheresOnlyOne
12/6/2011, 01:30 PM
He had better things to do like shave a shark into his fro.....

Eye-freakin-ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!! Those kids look like the biggest morons in the world now. If you're gonna do self-proclamations, you damn-well better be able to back it up. All they've done is provide evidence that's been hidden for a few years, that we are mostly bark.

NormanPride
12/6/2011, 01:48 PM
You are good at imagination.

3rdgensooner
12/6/2011, 01:51 PM
Spin us another yarn!

rock on sooner
12/6/2011, 01:53 PM
Spin us another yarn! This.

NormanPride
12/6/2011, 01:53 PM
How does the story end? Does Travis get the girl? Or does the evil Dr. Gundy steal her heart from him?

SoonerTerry
12/6/2011, 01:55 PM
Eye-freakin-ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!! Those kids look like the biggest morons in the world now. If you're gonna do self-proclamations, you damn-well better be able to back it up. All they've done is provide evidence that's been hidden for a few years, that we are mostly bark.

You are a dick hole of the highest order. How ****ing old are you? Do you have ANY kind of experience in the world besides figuring out where you are going to hide your jizz rag from momma. Let me lay some experience on ya, EVERONE under the age of 25 says and does stupid ****, some grow out of it and some dont. Lucky for you nobody on the ****ing planet gives a **** about what you do or say.

I don't give a **** if you want to bash schemes or plays or the coaches or what ****ing ever, I just think you are a ***** for getting personal on a kid that tries his heart out works his *** off plays hurt and does everything he can to help his team.

TheresOnlyOne
12/6/2011, 01:55 PM
K. Here goes....."We're sorry Coach Stoops, Mr. Pickens has fully booked the Scottsdale Plaza Resort but you and your team will find your rooms cozy and well-kept at the Motel 6 with Iowa. Oh and Coach....they will leave the light on for you."

Curly Bill
12/6/2011, 01:56 PM
You are a dick hole of the highest order. How ****ing old are you? Do you have ANY kind of experience in the world besides figuring out where you are going to hide your jizz rag from momma. Let me lay some experience on ya, EVERONE under the age of 25 says and does stupid ****, some grow out of it and some dont. Lucky for you nobody on the ****ing planet gives a **** about what you do or say.

I don't give a **** if you want to bash schemes or plays or the coaches or what ****ing ever, I just think you are a ***** for getting personal on a kid that tries his heart out works his *** off plays hurt and does everything he can to help his team.

Mike Gundy?

MamaMia
12/6/2011, 01:56 PM
Stop it! Please have some mercy. I feel bad enough already!

TheresOnlyOne
12/6/2011, 01:58 PM

Sorry for whatever problems are occurring in your personal life Terry, wow . This is how I was raised. When a kid starts acting like a punk, arrogant or gets to feeling they're entitled.....You bust their ***! Thats just the way I am....it'd be wrong to think other people are the same. I'm sorry that my post offended you man.

3rdgensooner
12/6/2011, 02:00 PM
Sorry for whatever problems are occurring in your personal life Terry, wow . This is how I was raised. When a kid starts acting like a punk, arrogant or gets to feeling they're entitled.....You bust their ***! Thats just the way I am....I think Terry might say that's what he just did.

TUSooner
12/6/2011, 02:04 PM

Gosh. Lie down for awhile. Even guys <25 -- like TL, I presume you mean -- need to know that they have to put up or shut up or they look like jabbering fools -- as TL does.

Mad Dog Madsen
12/6/2011, 02:06 PM
In the famous words of Jim Traber... "You so-called fans are PATHETIC!"

SoonerTerry
12/6/2011, 02:07 PM
Sorry for whatever problems are occurring in your personal life Terry, wow . This is how I was raised. When a kid starts acting like a punk, arrogant or gets to feeling they're entitled.....You bust their ***! Thats just the way I am....it'd be wrong to think other people are the same. I'm sorry that my post offended you man.

Didn't offend me.
We have seen all kind of kids have REAL behavioral problems (drugs, drinking, beatin **** out of people in bars) Lewis doesn't do that, he just tries to be fired up on the field.
I've seen every game he has played at OU, (even the PPV) and one thing is certain, I have NEVER seen him quit or go TO on his teamates.
Some people earn this kind of **** that gets put on them in forums, I don't believe Lewis is one of them.

KantoSooner
12/6/2011, 02:10 PM
I don't fully get that it took until Tuesday after the game to get into meltdown mode.

1. We lost, humiliatingly

2. No one really has the vaguest idea what our team will do in the bowl and off-season to fix things.

3. We have something like nine months before true redemption can even start.

Are we going to periodically erupt with wailing and gnashing of teeth? The game happened Saturday. It is now getting to be kind of late for the temper fits. Doncha think?

TheresOnlyOne
12/6/2011, 02:11 PM
In the famous words of Jim Traber... "You so-called fans are PATHETIC!"

Wow, we're quoting Traber now??? When you wanna defend a guy thats being labeled an arrogant punk. One that, while talking of his own athletic prowess, badly out-kicks the coverage and doesn't deliver......then please don't use a quote from a jack-*** that does that worse than anybody on planet earth!!

SoonerTerry
12/6/2011, 02:14 PM
I don't fully get that it took until Tuesday after the game to get into meltdown mode.

1. We lost, humiliatingly

2. No one really has the vaguest idea what our team will do in the bowl and off-season to fix things.

3. We have something like nine months before true redemption can even start.

Are we going to periodically erupt with wailing and gnashing of teeth? The game happened Saturday. It is now getting to be kind of late for the temper fits. Doncha think?

Damn you and your sound logic!!! :)

TheresOnlyOne
12/6/2011, 02:15 PM
Didn't offend me.
We have seen all kind of kids have REAL behavioral problems (drugs, drinking, beatin **** out of people in bars) Lewis doesn't do that, he just tries to be fired up on the field.
I've seen every game he has played at OU, (even the PPV) and one thing is certain, I have NEVER seen him quit or go TO on his teamates.
Some people earn this kind of **** that gets put on them in forums, I don't believe Lewis is one of them.

ST he freakin called out his teammates after the Tech game and said that they weren't really hurt. I'm done with Travis Lewis man, he's a big part of the problem. Too much talk. The team and the D took on his personality on his watch. "Let's just talk the talk cause we're OU." My opinion tho.

Mad Dog Madsen
12/6/2011, 02:18 PM
Wow, we're quoting Traber now??? When you wanna defend a guy thats being labeled an arrogant punk. One that, while talking of his own athletic prowess, badly out-kicks the coverage and doesn't deliver......then please don't use a quote from a jack-*** that does that worse than anybody on planet earth!!

That was meant to be a joke. I'm the biggest Traber hater on this board. ...And don't get mad at me cause your thread sucks.

TheresOnlyOne
12/6/2011, 02:27 PM
Nobody's mad. That looked like a legitimate shot at OU fans a la Traber. And why does the thread suck?? Just pointing out that if being second fiddle to O-State out there doesn't humble the team and coaches then I don't know what will.

rock on sooner
12/6/2011, 02:32 PM
Okay, here's the deal....we have to let the Pokes win once in a decade or so just so they'll keep playin':encouragement:

NormanPride
12/6/2011, 02:35 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/031/783/obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

Mad Dog Madsen
12/6/2011, 02:39 PM
Nobody's mad. That looked like a legitimate shot at OU fans a la Traber. And why does the thread suck?? Just pointing out that if being second fiddle to O-State out there doesn't humble the team and coaches then I don't know what will.

Ok it doesn't suck... I love it and I apologize. Feel free to punch me in the throat. :miserable:

A Sooner in Texas
12/6/2011, 08:14 PM
I think Terry might say that's what he just did.

Bravo.

AlboSooner
12/6/2011, 09:45 PM
As far as the embarrassments go, Let's move away from hypotheticals. And let's focus more on what already has happened, this thread.

SicEmBaylor
12/6/2011, 09:52 PM

WTF are you talking about?

SicEmBaylor
12/6/2011, 09:54 PM
HTF are you still green?

toast
12/6/2011, 09:57 PM
WTF are you talking about?

Oh great, I guess now you want him to come up with another hilarious story only with the Bears in it? :)

SicEmBaylor
12/6/2011, 09:58 PM
This thread reminds me of being in grade school out on the playground with everyone making up bizarre hypothetical fantasies that would never happen, made no sense, and served no purpose whatsoever.

SicEmBaylor
12/6/2011, 09:58 PM
Oh great, I guess now you want him to come up with another hilarious story only with the Bears in it? :)

I'd rather him put the pipe down and sleep it off.

budbarrybob
12/6/2011, 10:08 PM

The grieving process is different for everyone. Not everyone has gone through all 5 Kubler-Ross stages as fast as you. Some actually never progress through all stages and will remain bitter and say mean things like FIRE VULNERABLES!!! :D

sooner59
12/6/2011, 10:43 PM
People are just getting it out of their systems now because they know we will go undefeated next year and they won't have a chance to bash as much. So they are expressing their disappointment that this ruins our run at back-to-back titles next year. But its ok guys, we can still win it in 2013.

Sooner_Tuf
12/6/2011, 11:04 PM

Interestingly enough Travis Lewis is a Sooner and you are, umm, errr a Sooner Fan?

47straight
12/6/2011, 11:12 PM
If you think for a second that somehow you're taking this worse that Travis Lewis, or that somehow he didn't bust his *** working out and watching film, or that somehow he doesn't know that he screwed up, then you're pathetic.

In fact, that's pretty much evident already.

SoonerTerry
12/6/2011, 11:14 PM
HTF are you still green?

^THAT!! is an interesting question

mojorisen2014
12/6/2011, 11:27 PM
Nobody on this forum better be critical of any Sooner in any way, shape, or form. They will have to face the consequences of getting e-bullied on here cuz they are not wearing their crimson colored glasses.

SoonerTerry
12/6/2011, 11:38 PM
Nobody on this forum better be critical of any Sooner in any way, shape, or form. They will have to face the consequences of getting e-bullied on here cuz they are not wearing their crimson colored glasses.

So you are saying "Don't say what you mean because someone will do the same to you?"
Is this really your butt hurt logic?

perhaps your best conversational tool is silence

oudavid1
12/6/2011, 11:39 PM
Imagine Mike Gundy walking around the Switzer Center stopping and looking at all the trophies. Imagine Bob Stoops walking around OSU looking at all of their football championship trophies. Still waiting on Gundy to finish.

SicEmBaylor
12/6/2011, 11:53 PM

I think everyone is okay with well reasoned critiques (well most people), but a lot of this **** is just asinine and retarded.

AlboSooner
12/7/2011, 01:00 AM
The concept that people would grieve the loss of a football game is laughable.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/7/2011, 09:56 AM
This thread reminds me of being in grade school out on the playground with everyone making up bizarre hypothetical fantasies that would never happen, made no sense, and served no purpose whatsoever.

You mean crazy fantasies like the Big 12 is going to exist in 5 years?

TheresOnlyOne
12/7/2011, 10:26 AM
Ok guys seriously it was just a joke. I was thinking about how embarrassing it must be for a lot of our prideful players to be playing in the Insight Bowl, and that was a hypothetical situation I could see illustrating that.

NormanPride
12/7/2011, 10:48 AM
Nobody's bashing you here, man. It's okay for kids to have great imaginations! ;)

TheresOnlyOne
12/7/2011, 10:52 AM
LOL!! I can take it brother.

mojorisen2014
12/7/2011, 11:30 AM

So you are saying "Don't say what you mean because someone will do the same to you?"
Is this really your butt hurt logic?

perhaps your best conversational tool is silence

No, all im saying is that there is better defense played on this board than there is on the field.