PDA

View Full Version : 12 Extremely Disappointing Facts About Popular Music

SicEmBaylor
12/6/2011, 03:48 AM
I weep for the Republic.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/12-extremely-disappointing-facts-about-popular-mus

Peach Fuzz
12/6/2011, 04:03 AM
yeah... I hate my generation.

cleller
12/6/2011, 09:07 AM
yeah... I hate my generation.

So far, I can think of only two bright spots for your generation:
Band of Horses
Dr. Dog

Probably never heard of them either.

Lott's Bandana
12/6/2011, 10:11 AM
Any comparison between Pop and a generations' true music imprint will always look like that.

You think Led Zep gives a flip that they never had a #1? Most of their fans don't care either.

There is some good music out there, just not much innovation, for reasons oft-discussed on this board.

My Morning Jacket is an excellent Festival band.

Blue October seems to be pretty legit.

They are there, just gotta look.

NormanPride
12/6/2011, 11:02 AM
Oh my GOD you old fart hipsters are so annoying. Led Zeppelin is not the greatest thing ever. Lady GaGa is not the worst thing ever. You are OLD and GRUMPY.

Awesome Tier: My Tastes
Crap Tier: Your Tastes

Lott's Bandana
12/6/2011, 11:07 AM
Oh my GOD you old fart hipsters are so annoying. Led Zeppelin is not the greatest thing ever. Lady GaGa is not the worst thing ever. You are OLD and GRUMPY.

Crap Tier: STEP's Tastes

fify

KantoSooner
12/6/2011, 11:10 AM
Just be very VERY happy you don't have to listen to Asian pop. My daughter and her friends constantly send me this drivvle trying to get me to listen.
I'd frankly rather ....

I don't know what, but it would be pretty bad and it would still be better than that.

When REM took over for Talking Heads something good went out of the world. That something has not come back, yet.

NormanPride
12/6/2011, 11:17 AM
The whole Asian "Idol" scene is creepy as hell. I don't know if other cultures do that stuff like Japan, but it's weird and wrong and bad. And the music sucks, too.

Position Limit
12/6/2011, 11:23 AM
pop "music" has been crap for 30+ years. it's not about music talent. it's a product that's created in hollywood, stepped on and packaged for girls. on the bright side, the indie rock scene has never been deeper or more talented than it is today. from arcade fire to rogue wave to band of horses, mayer hawthorne, cotton jones, family of the year.... too many to name.

3rdgensooner
12/6/2011, 11:50 AM
If you're interested in sampling some 2011 Music:

FLUXBLOG 2011 SURVEY MIX (http://www.fluxblog.org/2011/12/fluxblog-2011-survey-mix)

This ten-disc, 183-song mix is a survey of some of the best and most notable music from 2011. It covers a wide range of artists and genres, and I think it’s as comprehensive as it possibly can be while focusing on my personal favorites and omitting stuff I either don’t care about or outright hate. I think you’ll find that this serves as both a helpful guide to some of the year’s most exciting music and a surprisingly listenable series of mixes. Discover new music, rethink familiar acts, jam out to nearly 13 hours of music. If you enjoy this, please do pass it on. (If you’re reallllly behind on music, I should point out that the 2010 survey (http://www.fluxblog.org/2010/12/fluxblog-2010-survey-mix) is still available.)

KantoSooner
12/6/2011, 12:01 PM
The whole Asian "Idol" scene is creepy as hell. I don't know if other cultures do that stuff like Japan, but it's weird and wrong and bad. And the music sucks, too.

JPop beget KPop and those two beget CantoPop, which caused Indonesian boy bands to appear. Their success led to a hideous missonary boy in Thailand singing Thai country. And yet, in this sea of cloying effluent, there surely are islands of hope: achingly beautiful Philippinas fronting bands of tired eyed junkies working the hotel lounges of second tier industrial cities up and down the Pacific littoral. Proud Mary yet lives!

stoops the eternal pimp
12/6/2011, 12:15 PM
fify

Sometimes, I have to doo-doo.

Jacie
12/6/2011, 03:20 PM
JPop beget KPop and those two beget CantoPop, which caused Indonesian boy bands to appear. Their success led to a hideous missonary boy in Thailand singing Thai country. And yet, in this sea of cloying effluent, there surely are islands of hope: achingly beautiful Philippinas fronting bands of tired eyed junkies working the hotel lounges of second tier industrial cities up and down the Pacific littoral. Proud Mary yet lives!

Your post reminds me of a clip on the evening news during the Vietnam War of a cover band in a Saigon bar and this chick giving all she's got to Smoke On The Water . . .

KantoSooner
12/6/2011, 03:41 PM
The scene never really ended. It's just that chick's granddaughter is now the one on stage.

delhalew
12/7/2011, 11:46 AM

Crap Tier: Your Tastes

Riigght. How many Rhianna albums do you own? You got that new Flo Rods album? I know you love the Biebs.

delhalew
12/7/2011, 11:49 AM
Straight pop is probably worse than it used to be, but what happened in Nashville is probably the biggest travesty.

NormanPride
12/7/2011, 12:13 PM
Riigght. How many Rhianna albums do you own? You got that new Flo Rods album? I know you love the Biebs.

Because the Beatles were so damn amazing before they started taking LSD and going off the deep end. And all those amazing 80s hair bands were so epic and unique.

It's pop. Pop sucks, and has always sucked. No exceptions, no caveats. It is engineered to satisfy the lowest common denominator so by definition it is terrible. But on top of that layer of suck you have awesome bands that create great music. The crappy love and peace 70s had things like the Grateful Dead and the Zep. The 80s had Aerosmith and Metallica, the 90s brought us Nirvana. Now we have bands like Radiohead and the Flaming Lips.

That article sucked for one reason: It based everything on sales and nostalgia goggles. Sales numbers are bigger now because the music industry is bigger and better focused. If anything it's a perfect indicator of the ClearChannel radio monopoly. Besides, since when was Elvis or Simon and Garfunkel considered so fantasticly ****ing awesome? And I thought the Black Eyed Peas were generally well respected as more innovative than corporate crap? Whatever. Go be old and grumpy somewhere else. ;)

Mississippi Sooner
12/7/2011, 12:15 PM
Are those damn kids still on my lawn?

delhalew
12/7/2011, 01:06 PM
Because the Beatles were so damn amazing before they started taking LSD and going off the deep end. And all those amazing 80s hair bands were so epic and unique.

It's pop. Pop sucks, and has always sucked. No exceptions, no caveats. It is engineered to satisfy the lowest common denominator so by definition it is terrible. But on top of that layer of suck you have awesome bands that create great music. The crappy love and peace 70s had things like the Grateful Dead and the Zep. The 80s had Aerosmith and Metallica, the 90s brought us Nirvana. Now we have bands like Radiohead and the Flaming Lips.

That article sucked for one reason: It based everything on sales and nostalgia goggles. Sales numbers are bigger now because the music industry is bigger and better focused. If anything it's a perfect indicator of the ClearChannel radio monopoly. Besides, since when was Elvis or Simon and Garfunkel considered so fantasticly ****ing awesome? And I thought the Black Eyed Peas were generally well respected as more innovative than corporate crap? Whatever. Go be old and grumpy somewhere else. ;)

We don't disagree. You were just the random subject I chose to poke today.

Lott's Bandana
12/7/2011, 01:08 PM
To NP's point:

iTunes salvaged the music industry, yet contributed greatly to the PopStorm that is battering us daily. Kids have more $$$ now to spend on disposable things.

I grew up in a world where the 45 was dead and if you wanted music, you had to spend $8-$14 on an entire album, and sit in your bedroom at night in the dark and listen to Black Sabbath...wait, strike that. I did that. I had friends that listened to Neil Sedaka...sigh.

I rarely had that $14, so Christmas and Birthdays were my big days for music collection additions. Got Tres Hombres, Master of Reality and Grand Funk's Caught in the Act, one Christmas and I didn't come out of my room till New Year's Day to watch all the Bowl Games.

delhalew
12/7/2011, 01:14 PM
To NP's point:

iTunes salvaged the music industry, yet contributed greatly to the PopStorm that is battering us daily. Kids have more $$$ now to spend on disposable things.

I grew up in a world where the 45 was dead and if you wanted music, you had to spend $8-$14 on an entire album, and sit in your bedroom at night in the dark and listen to Black Sabbath...wait, strike that. I did that. I had friends that listened to Neil Sedaka...sigh.

This is also true. I miss the era of truly being fully immersed in an LP. I too have been sucked into the digital download, library on shuffle, no time for the finer things way of living.

Lott's Bandana
12/7/2011, 01:31 PM
This is also true. I miss the era of truly being fully immersed in an LP. I too have been sucked into the digital download, library on shuffle, no time for the finer things way of living.

My favorite song of all time, and consequently, album, Thick as a Brick, would NEVER happen in today's system. (recognizing that Prog is long-dead of course, except to me.)

If everyone only bought Stairway to Heaven, think of all the greatness that would have been missed on IV.

delhalew
12/7/2011, 01:45 PM
My favorite song of all time, and consequently, album, Thick as a Brick, would NEVER happen in today's system. (recognizing that Prog is long-dead of course, except to me.)

If everyone only bought Stairway to Heaven, think of all the greatness that would have been missed on IV.

You are correct. Of course the upside is, it's much easier for me to buy my ridiculously unpopular music now, as opposed to when I was young living in rural OK.

I still buy albums rather than single track, but I don't stare at artwork while listening to high quality medium, with the exception of the occasional vinyl albums that I will purchase.

Lott's Bandana
12/7/2011, 01:50 PM
Remember the absolute GEMS you could discover by reading the liner notes?

I think YES had incredible album covers. OHIO PLAYERS' were deliciously provocative.

delhalew
12/7/2011, 02:05 PM
Remember the absolute GEMS you could discover by reading the liner notes?

I think YES had incredible album covers. OHIO PLAYERS' were deliciously provocative.

I am fortunate to enjoy 90% of my fathers music, and as a youth had access to his hundreds of vinyl LPs, which includes mostly complete libraries from Yes, Zep, Sabbath, Stones, Beatles, Steely Dan, Black Oak Ark, on and on. I used stare at the Queen News of the World album when I was 4 or 5. The horrified faces on the inside freaked my ****. I would ask dad for "iron man", but he knew I meant Queen. Sitting there tripping out on Sheer Heart Attack.

We are a vinyl family, and my 2 and 4 year olds reap the benefits now.

Lott's Bandana
12/7/2011, 02:19 PM
I still have all my vinyl, along with my brother's decent Jazz plates. Was listening to them yesterday. I love that my new Sony turntable was about $75 bucks.

Why do I have so many Alan Parson's Project albums? smh.

Say Iron Man to me and out comes my Sabbath. lol

delhalew
12/7/2011, 02:28 PM
I still have all my vinyl, along with my brother's decent Jazz plates. Was listening to them yesterday. I love that my new Sony turntable was about $75 bucks.

Why do I have so many Alan Parson's Project albums? smh.

Say Iron Man to me and out comes my Sabbath. lol

Obviously I got the Iron Man Situation resolved. I was just illustrating the effect that artwork had on me.

We tons of Alan Parsons, too. I couldn't begin to tell you why.

Lott's Bandana
12/7/2011, 02:37 PM
Obviously I got the Iron Man Situation resolved. I was just illustrating the effect that artwork had on me.

I know, right?

:stupid:

Mississippi Sooner
12/7/2011, 03:04 PM
Oh, go on and admit it. At least one of you owned The Best of Bread, right?

delhalew
12/7/2011, 03:10 PM
Oh, go on and admit it. At least one of you owned The Best of Bread, right?

Probably. 700 albums...god knows what's in there. More to the point, my father probably knows. He bought most of them.

Jammin'
12/7/2011, 03:14 PM
I own the Best of Bread, given to me by a former boss for some reason.

Mississippi Sooner
12/7/2011, 03:15 PM
Probably. 700 albums...god knows what's in there. More to the point, my father probably knows. He bought most of them.

I just remember that back in the early 70s, when the Columbia Record and Tape Club became popular, it seemed like almost everyone who was a member had a copy of that album or 8 track. The way that club worked, if you didn't send the reply card back in time each month, they'd send you a record of their choice. I'm guessing they must have had a ****load of those Bread albums and were trying to give away as many as they could.

Lott's Bandana
12/7/2011, 03:21 PM
I defaulted on Columbia so many damn times.

Serves them right for dealing with a 13 year old.

Mississippi Sooner
12/7/2011, 03:23 PM
I defaulted on Columbia so many damn times.

Serves them right for dealing with a 13 year old.

Same here. Same with most of my friends, too. A lawyer friend of the family even told us we should stick it to them because as minors, we couldn't be held to a contract. It's a wonder they stayed in business as long as they did.

Lott's Bandana
12/7/2011, 03:32 PM
I'm not proud of it, but 10 albums for 9 cents was just too tempting.

I probably would have not defaulted if they didn't send me Bread in the mail every month. That's a fact.

delhalew
12/7/2011, 03:33 PM
Lol. Columbia or BMG...one of those was how I started buying my own music when I was ten in 1985. My first cassette tapes...Van Halen-1984, Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry, Styx(whatever had Mr. Roboto), Quiet Riot-Metal Health, ZZ Top, J Guiles Band, Def Leopard-Pyromania, Men at Work, I feel like I forgot some. Supposed to be 12 or 13. I can't believe I remember that much.

Jacie
12/7/2011, 05:14 PM
I'm not proud of it, but 10 albums for 9 cents was just too tempting.

I probably would have not defaulted if they didn't send me Bread in the mail every month. That's a fact.

Those 10 albums probably did not cost them 9 cents to produce, which is why digital downloads sent the music industry into cardiac arrest and I for one don't feel even a twinge of guilt or remorse over my own actions, nor any sympathy for the music execs.

Figure it this way, for years they had us all by the balls charging what they did for albums. It was okay though because we didn't know any better and we thought that we were actually supporting the artists. Little did most of us know the artists were being paid pennies per album and that is only if they were astute enough to have someone with an ounce of legal training to go over their contract before they signed.

Then along came 8-tracks, followed by cassette tapes. Now we didn't abandon vinyl then, not yet, merely supplemented what we had, buying music we already owned just because it was in a convenient carry format as in carry it to the car to play while we were out driving.

But the real storm hit us in the late 80's when CD's hit the market. Record execs couldn't believe their good fortune. In order to use this new technology, everyone had to start from scratch in a whole new, more expensive medium. We literally had to replace our record collections. It was a good time to own stock in record companies.

Enter the mid-90's, personal computers and then . . . Napster. Record execs are like WTF? Music sales plummeted. Instead of adapting to this new thing, the record companies fought it. Overnight we all became criminals. They learned the hard lesson, took em about a decade but people will consume and if you don't provide them a legal means to do it, they will figure it out on their own. Just ask the bootleggers and local pot dealer. It is 2011 and music sales are finally on the rebound but it ain't your father's record collection. In some ways . . . it's better.

delhalew
12/7/2011, 05:29 PM
Those 10 albums probably did not cost them 9 cents to produce, which is why digital downloads sent the music industry into cardiac arrest and I for one don't feel even a twinge of guilt or remorse over my own actions, nor any sympathy for the music execs.

Figure it this way, for years they had us all by the balls charging what they did for albums. It was okay though because we didn't know any better and we thought that we were actually supporting the artists. Little did most of us know the artists were being paid pennies per album and that is only if they were astute enough to have someone with an ounce of legal training to go over their contract before they signed.

Then along came 8-tracks, followed by cassette tapes. Now we didn't abandon vinyl then, not yet, merely supplemented what we had, buying music we already owned just because it was in a convenient carry format as in carry it to the car to play while we were out driving.

But the real storm hit us in the late 80's when CD's hit the market. Record execs couldn't believe their good fortune. In order to use this new technology, everyone had to start from scratch in a whole new, more expensive medium. We literally had to replace our record collections. It was a good time to own stock in record companies.

Enter the mid-90's, personal computers and then . . . Napster. Record execs are like WTF? Music sales plummeted. Instead of adapting to this new thing, the record companies fought it. Overnight we all became criminals. They learned the hard lesson, took em about a decade but people will consume and if you don't provide them a legal means to do it, they will figure it out on their own. Just ask the bootleggers and local pot dealer. It is 2011 and music sales are finally on the rebound but it ain't your father's record collection. In some ways . . . it's better.

In some ways it's better, but my fathers is far more impressive to lay eyes on. Not to mention, one of his unopened Beatles albums will fetch a grand on eBay.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/8/2011, 09:03 PM
delhalew,

Are you the one who blocked Donna Summer from the R&R Hall of Fame?

I know she's tied to Disco - hated by so many musicians - but she was a great talent with some memorable hits. She was deserving of entry.

delhalew
12/8/2011, 10:03 PM
The R and R hall of fame doesn't exist to me. It's a joke. There is a real hall of fame in my imagination...Donna Summer is not in there. I can, however, dig some disco if I'm in a mood.

Lott's Bandana
12/8/2011, 11:52 PM
Donna Summer is good entertainment. Man, she was beautiful.

Peach Fuzz
12/9/2011, 01:05 AM
Haha! old people problems :pride:

delhalew
12/9/2011, 01:28 AM
What's the problem?

Peach Fuzz
12/9/2011, 02:32 AM
i dunno.. ED? whoop whoop

cleller
12/9/2011, 09:14 AM
i dunno.. ED? whoop whoop

Let me tell you about my pension! Bing Bang

NormanPride
12/9/2011, 11:08 AM
Why does everyone hate disco so much? It's house techno but without the tech.

the-rover
12/9/2011, 11:15 AM
I can't believe anyone still pays for music....of any kind

delhalew
12/9/2011, 11:43 AM
Some of prefer our music to be more listenable than a low bitrate file, not to mention all the other reasons to pay for what you consume. Unless you're gonna let an upstart band crash on your couch, it's the least you can do.

delhalew
12/9/2011, 11:47 AM
Why does everyone hate disco so much? It's house techno but without the tech.

I actually hate house. It's the boring thump thump thump, but disco has funk/R&B roots, so I can enjoy it. It's fun to play on guitar, as well.

the-rover
12/9/2011, 12:38 PM
Some of prefer our music to be more listenable than a low bitrate file, not to mention all the other reasons to pay for what you consume. Unless you're gonna let an upstart band crash on your couch, it's the least you can do.

Whatever, kiddo. I can hear a file just fine. I own plenty of vinyl and CDs, just haven't bought in years. Spent many hours converting LPs to digital, so I wouldn't have to rebuy. Otherwise, I just record what I want from the internet.....no illegal downloads, so I really don't feel too guilty.

So, how does a connoisseur of music, like yourself, prefer to listen to your non-low bitrate music? You got a sound-proof booth at home to eliminate outside noise? Probably one of those surround sound theater rooms with acoustical tiles to absorb unwanted noise. Or one of them high dollar Lexus' with no road noise?

I have a Sony Walkman mp3 player feeding though a 10 dollar FM transmitter to the stereo in my 02 Toyota pickup.....works great! I like the music I listen to, but I have better things to spend my money on, it's the least I can do. And my music major daughter can sleep in her own bed.

NormanPride
12/9/2011, 12:54 PM
Whatever, kiddo. I can hear a file just fine. I own plenty of vinyl and CDs, just haven't bought in years. Spent many hours converting LPs to digital, so I wouldn't have to rebuy. Otherwise, I just record what I want from the internet.....no illegal downloads, so I really don't feel too guilty.

So, how does a connoisseur of music, like yourself, prefer to listen to your non-low bitrate music? You got a sound-proof booth at home to eliminate outside noise? Probably one of those surround sound theater rooms with acoustical tiles to absorb unwanted noise. Or one of them high dollar Lexus' with no road noise?

I have a Sony Walkman mp3 player feeding though a 10 dollar FM transmitter to the stereo in my 02 Toyota pickup.....works great! I like the music I listen to, but I have better things to spend my money on, it's the least I can do. And my music major daughter can sleep in her own bed.

So you don't listen to new stuff? Not sure how you can get anything new unless you pay for it... I know some bands release free MP3s every once in awhile but those are few and far between. Unless you're talking about recording internet radio? If so I think that may be illegal as well, but I'm not sure.

****, I really hate the RIAA.

the-rover
12/9/2011, 01:07 PM
So you don't listen to new stuff? Not sure how you can get anything new unless you pay for it... I know some bands release free MP3s every once in awhile but those are few and far between. Unless you're talking about recording internet radio? If so I think that may be illegal as well, but I'm not sure.

****, I really hate the RIAA.

You are correct in saying I don't listen to much new music......I use this to record any sound I want from the internet.......

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

It may not be legal to record music with, but it's not traceable either. It's good enough for me.

NormanPride
12/9/2011, 01:26 PM
Oh I've used that too. You can get a fair amount of quality from it as well.

You really should listen to new music, though... There are great bands out there in almost every genre.

delhalew
12/9/2011, 01:41 PM
I would love to find the time to convert those LPs to digital files.

delhalew
12/9/2011, 01:45 PM
I downloaded audacity, but have been to busy to use it. It's been sitting there on my laptop for a year. I planned on using it as a mobile studio.

the-rover
12/9/2011, 01:47 PM
Oh I've used that too. You can get a fair amount of quality from it as well.

You really should listen to new music, though... There are great bands out there in almost every genre.

I was trying to think what the most recent music I own is.....best I can do is David Gilmour's "On An Island" from around '06.

I can nearly not stand to listen to new rock radio....when I'm in OKC, it's KRXO. I was raised mostly by hippies.

delhalew
12/9/2011, 01:57 PM
Well, in these modern times, radio will always disappoint you. Word of mouth, and music blogs are your only hope.

NormanPride
12/9/2011, 02:17 PM
Yeah, radio is almost 100% owned by Clear Channel, no matter what the station says or does. Most don't even have real DJs. Go to Pandora or last.fm and put in stuff you like. Get new stuff.

delhalew
12/9/2011, 02:37 PM
Yeah, radio is almost 100% owned by Clear Channel, no matter what the station says or does. Most don't even have real DJs. Go to Pandora or last.fm and put in stuff you like. Get new stuff.

Pandora was very useful for me, as well as Sirius and stumbling about on Emusic.

Peach Fuzz
12/9/2011, 05:26 PM
I actually hate house. It's the boring thump thump thump, but disco has funk/R&B roots, so I can enjoy it. It's fun to play on guitar, as well.
what kind of house are you listening to? it normally helps me get **** done

oh and you like funk huh? awwww ye!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UT3FFhqCnU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe1ScoePqVA

those are very fun on guitar, try tabbing slash's intro

StoopTroup
12/9/2011, 06:05 PM
Is Slash still alive? I though MJ's Dr got him too?

delhalew
12/9/2011, 06:45 PM
Lol. Lenny tries, bless his heart, but this is funk...

_ul7X5js1vE&gl

Peach Fuzz
12/9/2011, 11:07 PM
You said guitar, I gave you guitar. next time say overplayed and I'll give you overplayed :D

delhalew
12/9/2011, 11:27 PM
Those Sesame Street kids know how to get down.

Jacie
12/10/2011, 09:12 AM
This thread has the wrong title. A more appropriate one would be 12 Things Than Make You Feel Old . . .

Lott's Bandana
12/10/2011, 12:03 PM
Amazing video quality for 1968:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixniJ0mtW-k

yermom
12/10/2011, 12:24 PM
Lol. Lenny tries, bless his heart, but this is funk...

_ul7X5js1vE&gl

Stevie Wonder doesn't get enough recognition. by the time i was a kid it was all about "I Just Called to Say I Love You"

but his old stuff is pretty badass.

King Crimson
12/10/2011, 12:48 PM
innervisions and talking book

ywia

delhalew
12/10/2011, 02:05 PM
This video is a shortened version. It's missing some classic, old school misogyny.
"I don't care what she does, gonna be doing just she was. Take them kids and raise em up...". If only he had thrown a "make me a sammich, bitch" on there, it would have been perfect. Those dancers are creeping me out...the 70's were scketchy as hell.

MpaOuDVl4cI

delhalew
12/10/2011, 02:06 PM
Stevie Wonder doesn't get enough recognition. by the time i was a kid it was all about "I Just Called to Say I Love You"

but his old stuff is pretty badass.

Stevie used to tear **** up, back in the day.

delhalew
12/10/2011, 02:20 PM
Free your mind, and your @ss will follow. LMAO.

kVaY59cU6LI

GDC
12/10/2011, 04:10 PM

From Wiki:

British audio engineer, musician, and record producer. He was involved with the production of several significant albums, including The Beatles' Abbey Road and Let It Be, as well as Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon for which Pink Floyd credit him as an important contributor.

Dude had cred.

Jacie
12/10/2011, 04:41 PM
From Wiki:

British audio engineer, musician, and record producer. He was involved with the production of several significant albums, including The Beatles' Abbey Road and Let It Be, as well as Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon for which Pink Floyd credit him as an important contributor.

Dude had cred.

But he will forever be remembered for Sirius aka the Chicago Bulls theme . . .

stoopified
12/12/2011, 04:10 PM
If adjusted for the explosion of population over the last 40 years and subsequent increased market,the numbers would favor those truly great acts who have been surpassed by today's top groups.I'm no census expert but I would hazard a guess that the world maket is10 X larger now than 1971