PDA

View Full Version : Who wins the Heisman

badger
12/5/2011, 05:40 PM
Stiff Arm Trophy is tracking the ballots here. (http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/) I'll take their top four vote getters and put em in a poll.

olevetonahill
12/5/2011, 05:47 PM
Stiff Arm Trophy is tracking the ballots here. (http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/) I'll take their top four vote getters and put em in a poll.

You spelt POLE wrong

EatLeadCommie
12/5/2011, 06:02 PM
glad to see RG3 well out in front at this stage. My gut tells me Richardson is going to win. RG3 should.

Soonerfan88
12/5/2011, 06:04 PM
Hopefully, RGIII will win, he is my clear leader.

And it is just wrong that Jenni Carlson and Skip Bayless have a Heisman vote.

dennis580
12/5/2011, 06:38 PM
Very tough choice, but I had to give the Honey Badger the edge. He was hands down the MVP of the best team in the country despite being only a defense player, and return man. Almost the excate situation of Charles Woodson(though Woodson did get a little time on offense). Would like to see another non-offensive player win the Heisman.

En_Fuego
12/5/2011, 06:41 PM
RGIII

badger
12/5/2011, 06:46 PM
please vote for who you think will win, not who you think deserves to win.

you can comment tons on who you think should win :D

badger
12/5/2011, 06:47 PM
Apparently Montee Ball (Wisconsin running back) was also invited... but he's probably just a formality.

Herr Scholz
12/5/2011, 06:52 PM
I think RGIII will and should win.

BoulderSooner79
12/5/2011, 06:55 PM
I think RGIII will and should win.

Did you guys get a "prepare your anuses" thread?
If so, did you?

SicEmBaylor
12/5/2011, 06:58 PM
Hopefully, RGIII will win, he is my clear leader.

And it is just wrong that Jenni Carlson and Skip Bayless have a Heisman vote.

Why is Jenni Carlson voting for Heisman candidates instead of in the kitchen making me a sandwich?

Herr Scholz
12/5/2011, 06:58 PM
He definitely looked good against us. Thought our D would give them a tougher time though. I knew our offense would be pedestrian with no QB and our top 3 RBs out.

8timechamps
12/5/2011, 07:06 PM
I hope RG3 wins it, but I think the award was Luck's to lose, and in the media, I don't think that happened. We'll see, but that's my gut feeling. RG3 deserves it though.

BoulderSooner79
12/5/2011, 07:14 PM
The cliche pick would be Richardson - best player on one of the title game teams. Richardson looked good in the LSU loss while Luck did not look good against the Ducks. RG3 got great exposure at the end, but I'd be surprised if the stodgy Heisman voters go for him.

arcman46
12/5/2011, 07:19 PM
If RGIII doesn't win, the Heisman will be as big of a joke as the NCG and the BCS.

SOONERnTx
12/5/2011, 07:36 PM
RGIII.

sooner59
12/5/2011, 07:36 PM
Luck would have won it if he had beaten Oregon. After that loss, RGIII took over and got really hot of late, beating Tech at JerryWorld, OU, and Texas. He lit it up when it really counted. No way he doesn't win it based on the votes I've heard from the media who have told theirs so far.

BigTip
12/5/2011, 07:44 PM
This is actually only a two man race because apparently there is only one conference in this country where "real" football is played.
What are ya'll thinking anyway?! Don't you read the papers.

SoonerMom2
12/5/2011, 09:04 PM
ESPN NCAAF - Heisman finalists: QB R. Griffin, QB A. Luck, RB M. Ball, RB T. Richardson, CB T. Mathieu -- list just came out!

Is Boone going to investigate the Heisman voters too since Weeden didn't get an invite?

SicEmBaylor
12/6/2011, 03:14 AM
Badj, will there be a vBookie bet available for the Heisman race?

llsooner7
12/6/2011, 04:39 AM
RGIII doesn't smoke synthetic weed. He smokes the clowns in the OU secondary.

badger
12/6/2011, 08:54 AM
Badj, will there be a vBookie bet available for the Heisman race?

Sure, why not! It would be fun to not post another Poke event :mad:

oudavid1
12/6/2011, 09:33 AM
I like Honey Badger. I make the argument that he is more of a special player because you can talk about him and virtually mention no one else. The kid is a consistent baller and has great fundamentals. I know he "talks" a lot, but he backs it up. Not to mention he is on punt, punt return, and a starting nickle in the SEC who almost didnt get any college offers.

Lott's Bandana
12/6/2011, 10:03 AM
I like Honey Badger. I make the argument that he is more of a special player because you can talk about him and virtually mention no one else. The kid is a consistent baller and has great fundamentals. I know he "talks" a lot, but he backs it up. Not to mention he is on punt, punt return, and a starting nickle in the SEC who almost didnt get any college offers.

He also is a crack smokin', meth usin, heroin dealer that snorts birth control pills.

Eielson
12/6/2011, 10:24 AM
I'm disappointed Russell Wilson wasn't at least a finalist. He led his team to the Big 10 championship, and if he has a better bowl game than RGIII, he'll most likely set the passer rating record.

LVSOONER15
12/6/2011, 10:29 AM
I like the honey badger as well. The kid can ball. Seems he shows up every game and does something special that jump starts lsu.

badger
12/6/2011, 10:58 AM
I'm disappointed Russell Wilson wasn't at least a finalist. He led his team to the Big 10 championship, and if he has a better bowl game than RGIII, he'll most likely set the passer rating record.

He really sucked in Wisconsin's losses, unfortunately. He looked good against the hapless (UNLV season opener) but so would pretty much any quarterback (ok, not me, but I'm not a quarterback!)

Breadburner
12/6/2011, 11:01 AM
Luck....

TUSooner
12/6/2011, 11:15 AM
I'd like to see RGIII get it. Mathieu is awesome, but I just don't like him or LSU. Luck will probably get it.
Overall, however, I give the whole Heisman hype & contest my most sincere and enthusiastic meh.

badger
12/6/2011, 11:49 AM
RGIII doesn't smoke synthetic weed. He smokes the clowns in the OU secondary.

You know something cool, though? They were showing RG3 highlights to hype the Heisman on ESPN last night... and of course they have to show stuff from our game. One of our players, #7, was rushing at RG3 on that game winning touchdown throw and didn't quite get to him. RG3 and #7 (sorry, don't know our roster as well as I should early in the morning) both turned to see if he caught it and when he did, #7 turned around and shook RG3's hand. RG3 shook it back and then patted #7 on the helmet.

So we lost. So RG3 beat us. At least we were all good sports about it.

Soonerfan88
12/6/2011, 12:18 PM
So just from a quick look at the listed voters on Stiff Arm, The Oklahoman staff of Mike Baldwin, Jenni Carlson, and John Helsley are the only ones from Big XII country to not have RGIII on their ballot. Travis Haney is again leading the way for that group voting Griffin #1.

Isn't it unusual to see four voters from a single newspaper? And OKC is also represented by Dean Blevins and BBJ.

pphilfran
12/6/2011, 12:22 PM
So just from a quick look at the listed voters on Stiff Arm, The Oklahoman staff of Mike Baldwin, Jenni Carlson, and John Helsley are the only ones from Big XII country to not have RGIII on their ballot. Travis Haney is again leading the way for that group voting Griffin #1.

Isn't it unusual to see four voters from a single newspaper? And OKC is also represented by Dean Blevins and BBJ.

The Heisman has lost all credibility when JC gets a vote...

Hot Rod
12/6/2011, 12:38 PM
I was saying RGIII after his TCU game. Hope he wins.

badger
12/6/2011, 12:40 PM

I don't think so, because Heisman votes are based on region, so they need to make up for the fact that there are fewer major media outlets in the state of Oklahoma than a state like Florida, or California.

Whet
12/6/2011, 12:44 PM
How about some honey, badger?

BillyBall
12/6/2011, 12:50 PM
You know something cool, though? They were showing RG3 highlights to hype the Heisman on ESPN last night... and of course they have to show stuff from our game. One of our players, #7, was rushing at RG3 on that game winning touchdown throw and didn't quite get to him. RG3 and #7 (sorry, don't know our roster as well as I should early in the morning) both turned to see if he caught it and when he did, #7 turned around and shook RG3's hand. RG3 shook it back and then patted #7 on the helmet.

So we lost. So RG3 beat us. At least we were all good sports about it.

#7 = Corey Nelson

TUSooner
12/6/2011, 01:59 PM
I've heard RGIII is greatly admired as a person by Baylor students & folk and that he's just an all-around good and admirable guy. True?

GoldenBear03
12/6/2011, 02:18 PM
I've heard RGIII is greatly admired as a person by Baylor students & folk and that he's just an all-around good and admirable guy. True?

True. I've lived in Waco all my life (please, don't apologize) and have seen many players come and go. I can say with 100% certainty that no player here has been so loved for his demeanor and actions OFF the field.

Quick story...

A couple of years back, some close friends of ours were planning a birthday party for their 1-year old, Griffin. Griffin was not named for RG3, believe it or not, but it probably didn't hurt as they were deciding. The wife contacted RG3 about meeting him on campus to sign some plastic balls for the goodie bags. Not only did he do that, but he offered to show up for the party. Way to impress some parents and BU supporters, right? Nope. RG3 showed up with 3 other players and played with the kids. Sure, he spoke to parents, but he was engaged with the kids. Fun to see and enjoyed playing catch in the backyard with him, Lanear Sampson, Isaac Williams and Prince Kent. All good kids.

Rest assured that if RG3 wins the award on Saturday, you can feel comfortable that a great person is holding that trophy up. A better person than player. If you can believe that...

Mad Dog Madsen
12/6/2011, 02:24 PM
Where's Landry Jones? :subdued:

GoldenBear03
12/6/2011, 02:25 PM
Texasfootball.com ran a story about Griffin attending the birthday party. Here it is...

http://www.texasfootball.com/griffin-celebrates-first-birthday/

badger
12/6/2011, 02:36 PM
Texasfootball.com ran a story about Griffin attending the birthday party. Here it is...

http://www.texasfootball.com/griffin-celebrates-first-birthday/

Oh noes, a THIRD resident baylor fan. Is it too late to go to the Pac 12? ;)

SicEmBaylor
12/6/2011, 03:25 PM
We're slowly conquering the world starting with Soonerfans.

sooneredaco
12/6/2011, 03:27 PM
RG3 or Honey Badger

SicEmBaylor
12/6/2011, 03:29 PM
Oh, and let me say ths, I HATE Jenni Carlson. I could rest a little easier at night knowing that she lost her job, had to spend a decade scrapping together a living on some street corner before finally turning her life around via daily visits to the methadone clinic before finally securing a job teaching journalism classes at the local community college to fellow recovering drug addicts and other assorted criminals.

But, before she does all that, she can go into the kitchen and made me a sammy.

badger
12/6/2011, 03:29 PM
We're slowly conquering the world starting with Soonerfans.

Dammit, you illegal immigrants need to stay in your OWN message board and make your OWN message board better before you come jumping across the Internet border and start messing our PERFECT message board up. Before we know it, you'll expect the same vWelfare we give our own :mad:

SicEmBaylor
12/6/2011, 03:37 PM
Dammit, you illegal immigrants need to stay in your OWN message board and make your OWN message board better before you come jumping across the Internet border and start messing our PERFECT message board up. Before we know it, you'll expect the same vWelfare we give our own :mad:
LOL! This is one of your finest posts. :D

badger
12/6/2011, 03:48 PM

Context for those that don't get it: BaylorFans.com sucks so they come to SoonerFans.com :mad:

SicEmBaylor
12/6/2011, 03:50 PM
Context for those that don't get it: BaylorFans.com sucks so they come to SoonerFans.com :mad:
Can I haz amnesty? Plzkthx!

SoonerTerry
12/6/2011, 03:51 PM
please vote for who you think will win, not who you think deserves to win.

you can comment tons on who you think should win :D

I probably should have read this before I voted

SoonerTerry
12/6/2011, 03:53 PM

Badger is posting in a great way today. Just look what she did for the Stoops Press Conference thread

nativesooner
12/6/2011, 04:43 PM
after watching Tyrann intentionally try to break the Bama kids neck...

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/639/919/131562166_display_image.jpg?1323103528

and constantly do things like this....

http://media.al.com/sports_impact/photo/10320126-large.jpg
shhhhh...........

This guy should win...

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/462/222/134138223_crop_650x440.jpg?1322427059

BUT!!! I think THIS guy will win....

http://www.gobamafans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/trent-richardson.193-650.jpg

because these guys are on his side....

http://a.espncdn.com/i/ncaa/logos/SEC_ESPN_logo.png

and because he didn't smoke this...

http://images.maydealing.com/selling_leads/012/125530_potpourri.gif

even though this guy has better #'s...

http://media.cleveland.com/startingblocks/photo/9063732-large.jpg

SoonerTerry
12/6/2011, 04:59 PM
^ native is posting in a great way

Okie35
12/6/2011, 06:29 PM
Robert Griffin should win. I don't care who wins though.

Soonerfan88
12/6/2011, 06:31 PM

Actually, I think this makes FOUR on this board. Anyone know a good exterminator? :friendly_wink:

And I think RGIII wins it. It might be only a fraction of the voters, but most of them have him listed and even those 2-3 place spots add up.

Also, props to Chip Brown for listing Collin Klein 3rd.

Okie35
12/6/2011, 06:34 PM
Actually, I think this makes FOUR on this board. Anyone know a good exterminator? :friendly_wink:

And I think RGIII wins it. It might be only a fraction of the voters, but most of them have him listed and even those 2-3 place spots add up.

Also, props to Chip Brown for listing Collin Klein 3rd.

Yea Klein deserves a nod. He'll definitely be in the running next year.

StoopTroup
12/6/2011, 06:38 PM
Oh, and let me say ths, I HATE Jenni Carlson. I could rest a little easier at night knowing that she lost her job, had to spend a decade scrapping together a living on some street corner before finally turning her life around via daily visits to the methadone clinic before finally securing a job teaching journalism classes at the local community college to fellow recovering drug addicts and other assorted criminals.

But, before she does all that, she can go into the kitchen and made me a sammy.

Is that what you're doing? Are you gonna hit it or are you gonna call in a man to do it while you eat?

Dude....that's pretty harsh. I don't care for her articles either but ya gotta attack her like that? Not sure she deserves that. She's already been attached by a 40 year old man....now this....Sad.

StoopTroup
12/6/2011, 06:48 PM
He also is a crack smokin', meth usin, heroin dealer that snorts birth control pills.

He should cut back on the birth control pills. that's terrible. :D