PDA

View Full Version : Hate seeing 2 SEC's team in NC, but I admit LSU & Bama are clearly the two best teams

dennis580
12/5/2011, 12:29 PM
I am conflicted. I hate seeing the SEC guaranteed its 6th straight National Championship, and would love to see the Big 12 have a chance to break its streak, but in my heart I know LSU, and Bama are the 2 best teams.

In fact I expect Bama will beat LSU this time. Bama has one of the greatest defenses I have ever seen, and there is a significant gap between Bama's, and LSU's defense. I think Bama wins 10-3 this time, and no the AP won't crown LSU NC.

En_Fuego
12/5/2011, 12:39 PM
Does your heart also tell you Michigan and VT should be playing in the Sugar Bowl ?

badger
12/5/2011, 12:41 PM
In my opinion... keep your BCS/LSU/Bammer/OSU screwjob opinions in the same thread rather than start new ones all the time, please.

sooner_born_1960
12/5/2011, 12:46 PM
Nah. Start as many threads on as many topics as you want. If the mods want them merged, they'll do it.

OULenexaman
12/5/2011, 12:47 PM
Does your heart also tell you Michigan and VT should be playing in the Sugar Bowl ? That one was a real head scratcher....

FaninAma
12/5/2011, 12:54 PM
I'm guessing that OU might have been a tad better too if they had signed 113 players over the past 4 years like Bama did instead of the 91 they signed.

BoulderSooner79
12/5/2011, 12:54 PM
Boise playing ASU is a shame. Boise is a legit top 10 team and ASU doesn't even deserve a bowl. What a waste.

Okie35
12/5/2011, 01:03 PM
That one was a real head scratcher....

I'd assume it went something like this.

Sugar Bowl committee member: Okay guys, Who will have a bigger fan base show up in the rest of the top 13 besides those?
*silence........*
Sugar Bowl committee member: I thought so, its settled! *laughs and counts money*

Okie35
12/5/2011, 01:03 PM
Boise playing ASU is a shame. Boise is a legit top 10 team and ASU doesn't even deserve a bowl. What a waste.

Boise could've gotten MUCH MUCH worse.

Dale Ellis
12/5/2011, 01:06 PM
I am conflicted. I hate seeing the SEC guaranteed its 6th straight National Championship, and would love to see the Big 12 have a chance to break its streak, but in my heart I know LSU, and Bama are the 2 best teams.

In fact I expect Bama will beat LSU this time. Bama has one of the greatest defenses I have ever seen, and there is a significant gap between Bama's, and LSU's defense. I think Bama wins 10-3 this time, and no the AP won't crown LSU NC.

Bama is not "clearly" the 2nd best team. It's arguable that they are, but it's not clear that they are. I hate OSU and hope Stanford beats them 44-10 (that sounds strangely familiar), I'm not saying OSU would beat Bama, the same way I would not have said T.Tech and Baylor would beat OU.

ashley
12/5/2011, 01:13 PM
We will never know.

delhalew
12/5/2011, 01:15 PM
How in the hell would you know? You're opinion and mine mean jack ****.

One team had clearly had a better resume, but it ain't Bama.

GreenSooner
12/5/2011, 01:38 PM
We will never know.

Well you can say that, but if LSU and Bama weren't playing for the MNC, how would we know which of them would win on the field? :friendly_wink:

NYC Poke
12/5/2011, 03:04 PM
Every week counts!

Breadburner
12/5/2011, 03:09 PM
OSU blew it when they lost to ISU....

rekamrettuB
12/5/2011, 03:10 PM
Every week counts!
Very true.

delhalew
12/5/2011, 03:11 PM
OSU blew it when they lost to ISU....
Bama blew it when they lost to LSU. We're breaking new ground.

BoulderSooner79
12/5/2011, 03:26 PM
Boise could've gotten MUCH MUCH worse.

I don't see how. But I'm not feeling bad for Boise - I'm saying that pairing is a waste for *me* - generic CFB fan. A legit top 10 team should be matched against a solid opponent or it's a missed opportunity. A 6-6 ASU team in the midst of a tailspin who just fired the coach is not a solid opponent.

MichiganSooner
12/5/2011, 03:29 PM
Would much rather have seen OSU playing LSU; I feel it is a slam against the Big 12. I doubt if ESPN will ever be saying that an SEC team lost in the national championship game in 2011/12.

stoopified
12/5/2011, 04:30 PM
Why? If MLB simply voted the two top teams for the World Series,the actual champ would not have been there on numerous occassions (see St. Louis).This is likewise true with the Super Bowl(Green Bay),college basketball,college baseball and any other sport with a REAL champion.Need a playoff to decide a real champion.

On paper you are right these are the two best teams BUT in real championships the title participants earn their way in the playoffs not as beauty contest winners.LSU and Bama have NOT proven they are the two best teams.