PDA

View Full Version : Debated over and over

Navy2007
12/5/2011, 11:02 AM
I have done allot of soul searching when it comes to this years team. You look at where we ranked preseason where did this go. I believe this all started before the season got underway. We lost former and current OU players that had given us great times on the field. We had a new OC. KW had left for those who thought that he was the problem. Maybe it was a combination of things that made this season a disappointment. We all don't know what goes on in practice, lockeroom, classroom and above all expectations. We have come to point in this coaches time at OU where he has to make some important decisions or we will never get back to where we all still think we are in 2000. Maybe the problem is us at fans believing we should win every game we play and not considering the human element called young kids on the field.
To me this is by far the least disappointed I have been. What about the coaching carousel we had in the 80's. People wanted Barry out. What happened !! A debacle!! Maybe like myself we should watch and see how coach responds. Maybe a change in coaching, recruiting, offense, defense, we never know what goes on behind coaching meetings. I bet he is thinking about it more than fans. His family tree is football and that is all he knows. So, lets wait and see what happens in the bowl and the off season to judge this year. We are Oklahoma and we will survive another year. We are very blessed in this nation to be able to see are team plays . I cheered and maybe shed a tear or two but, I will survive because we are the SOONERNATION!!!!

The good side of this no matter how you look at is that OSU won the conference. Coaches. players and fans remember. So, cheer on ole Poke because this will be the last time for awhile!!

Insight Bowl here we come so you better be ready!!!

GreenSooner
12/5/2011, 11:16 AM
FWIW, here's the way I feel at the moment.

At least given all the injuries, there's no way this team has any business competing for a national championship this year.

And, much as it pains me to say it, again given those injuries, OSU is the better team right now (though not thirty points better).

However, the Tech loss was utterly uncalled for. And the Baylor loss, while less embarrassing, was also unnecessary.

We should be 11-1 and headed for the Fiesta Bowl (and OSU should be playing in the MNC game).

So I'm plenty disappointed.

Here's hoping that this team doesn't add to the disappointment by losing to an Iowa squad we ought to beat!