PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day

freshchris05
12/5/2011, 05:28 AM
It's pretty ****ing sad that i had to actually look up who we play this bowl season, instead of seeing it on SOONERfans.com, SOONER FANS

The first page is all about the pokes... Some of you gentlemen need your balls back in a hurry. This season has turned this board is turning into a bunch of pissy, spoiled, unrealistic ****s who can't seem to understand what all actually goes into the game of football. Some of the things I have read on here are embarrassing.

I am not happy with the season, I expected more, a lot more. But, just because we came up short of our goals doesn't mean that we are worse off. WE ARE OKLAHOMA. This is SOONER FANS. So be one.

Since71ASooner4Life
12/5/2011, 06:55 AM
Amen brother!

swardboy
12/5/2011, 07:25 AM
Geesh, my Monday morning paper doesn't even mention us and bowl foe. I see we're going to play Iowa in the Insight Bowl.

Sooner in Tampa
12/5/2011, 07:35 AM
It's pretty disgusting how far we have fallen!!!!

sendbaht
12/5/2011, 08:07 AM
Good post!!!!!!!!!! our down year we lose 3 games...love to being a sooner!!!

DenverSooner751
12/5/2011, 08:15 AM
Well said. Getting tired of seeing some of the repeat complaints and bitching too.

Major disappointment this season, but that's the game sometimes! Afterall, it is a game....one played by students. I support them win or lose.

Sooner in Tampa
12/5/2011, 10:39 AM
I will continue to be a Sooner Fan...FOREVER, but that doesn't mean I don't see writing on the wall.

The Big XII is a **** conference and if we are happy settling for a conference championship...fine. But lets be honest...brutally honest...we are at best...a 4th or 5th place team on the SEC, and a 3rd or 4th place team in the B1G. Sooner fans need to realize that...I am REALLY starting to question the direction we are headed in, not only as a team, but as a conference.

The Pac-12...Stanford, Oregon, and SUC all beat the **** outta us.

We beat uteras regularly...big ****ing deal, they suck

We find a way to lose to a ****ty opponent EVERY YEAR...and now just got prison raped in stoolwater

It has gotten BAD...and I have very little hope that we will beat Iowa in a bowl game...THIS team has shown little to no heart or the ability to be motivated to win football games. I mean holy ****...could we have been any flatter for Bedlam?

Sad days indeed

CowboyMRW
12/5/2011, 10:42 AM
I will continue to be a Sooner Fan...FOREVER, but that doesn't mean I don't see writing on the wall.

The Big XII is a **** conference and if we are happy settling for a conference championship...fine. But lets be honest...brutally honest...we are at best...a 4th or 5th place team on the SEC, and a 3rd or 4th place team in the B1G. Sooner fans need to realize that...I am REALLY starting to question the direction we are headed in, not only as a team, but as a conference.

We find a way to lose to a ****ty opponent EVERY YEAR...and now just got prison raped in stoolwater

It has gotten BAD...and I have very little hope that we will beat Iowa in a bowl game...THIS team has shown little to no heart or the ability to be motivated to win football games. I mean holy ****...could we have been any flatter for Bedlam?

Sad days indeed

Please, the B1G is about as bad as the ACC is.

Sooner in Tampa
12/5/2011, 10:52 AM
Please, the B1G is about as bad as the ACC is.
Please...Clemson and VT BOTH hand us an *** whoopin!!

delhalew
12/5/2011, 10:56 AM
Plenty to bitch about. Get used to it.

rock on sooner
12/5/2011, 10:59 AM
Having been a fan since 1952, I've seen many highs and the lows of the mid 60's & 90's. Don't remember so much
disgust being displayed before and is now, after a 9-3 season (even though there were really high pre-season hopes).
It really is a sad day....so much hate on the coaches and players. Yeah, the conference has been gutted...the solution
is to go to 12 teams and a championship game...don't know which two to add...but it is necessary. I think there is
truth to the argument about no championship game. I think Sooner in Tampa is off the mark about OUr position in
a Big 1G...nobody in that conference we can't beat on a regular basis...SEC? Healthy, we beat all of 'em 'cept LSU and
Bama and we would get both of them once in a while. If we were in the conference I think the recruiting would change
and improve...most teams recruit to compete in their own conference, coaches react to their most frequent opponents.

Having said all that...one more game this year...we should add to our nation leading 10 win seasons and be on solid
footing for 2012...some fresh faces on the field and, maybe on the sidelines? BOOMER!!!!!!!!!

GreenSooner
12/5/2011, 11:22 AM
Healthy, we ought to beat all of 'em 'cept LSU and
Bama and we would get both of them once in a while.

FTFY

My major source of disappointment remains the way this team underperformed on a game-to-game basis. It's not just the losses (and, yes, with our injuries OSU is a better team, but not thirty-points better). A team will never play its best football every single game. But this year, OU didn't play four quarters of good football on both sides of the ball even once.

Curly Bill
12/5/2011, 11:28 AM
The nerve of people, bitching and whining on a message board! What is this world coming to?

SoonerLaw09
12/5/2011, 11:30 AM
It's not the loss that bugs me. oSu is good this year. It's the giving up and mailing it in that bothers me. NOBODY should beat us by 34 points. Period. We didn't even get off the bus in Stoolwater. I'm not going to say it must be the coaches, or that it must be the players, but somebody wasn't motivated. I don't think I've ever seen us lay down like that. I don't even remember TGOWWDNS-1 being that bad (maybe it was and I just blocked it out). I don't count the Blake years because we were just terrible and got rolled regularly because we didn't have the horses. But when a pre-season No. 1 does this, something is terribly wrong.

SoonerKnight
12/5/2011, 11:46 AM

Sad days indeed

Stanford and Oregon beat the **** out of us? Are you sure you watched those games? What I saw was us win against Stanford and essentially a game against Oregon where we won but a very very very bad and stupid call cost us the game in several ways!! So, please stop posting if you can not stick to facts. USC what bowl are they playing in? Oh wait they can't because they cheated the year they beat us. Sooooooooo what was your point?

Sooner in Tampa
12/5/2011, 11:52 AM
Stanford and Oregon beat the **** out of us? Are you sure you watched those games? What I saw was us win against Stanford and essentially a game against Oregon where we won but a very very very bad and stupid call cost us the game in several ways!! So, please stop posting if you can not stick to facts. USC what bowl are they playing in? Oh wait they can't because they cheated the year they beat us. Sooooooooo what was your point?

History lessons? Really? No ****...we won in the past, but that was then, this is NOW!

I mean ****...we had a 47 game winning streak...IN THE PAST!!!

I am talking about THIS TEAM RIGHT NOW!!!! Get your head out of the sand and figure it out...THIS IS A 2nd RATE TEAM...RIGHT NOW!!! THESE ARE FACTS!!!! If you think we could beat Stanford, Oregon, SUC, LSU, BAMA, Clemson, VT, Georgia, and on and on...then you are completely and utterly INSANE!!!

SoonerKnight
12/5/2011, 12:01 PM

I fail to see where you said this season there buddy! My head is attatched to my shoulders and I know what this team this season is capable of! I believe you said they beat the **** out of us!! I believe you are wrong. Since we did win 9 of the 12 games played I would say we are not

THIS IS A 2nd RATE TEAM...RIGHT NOW!!

Oregon and USC and Stanford are not that great right now either. But what I said earlier stands...........Sooooooo what's your point???

SoonerKnight
12/5/2011, 12:24 PM

Sooner in Tampa
12/5/2011, 12:29 PM
I fail to see where you said this season there buddy! My head is attatched to my shoulders and I know what this team this season is capable of! I believe you said they beat the **** out of us!! I believe you are wrong. Since we did win 9 of the 12 games played I would say we are not

Oregon and USC and Stanford are not that great right now either. But what I said earlier stands...........Sooooooo what's your point???
I think I CLEARLY stated my point...this is a 2nd Rate team...RIGHT NOW! For whatever reason this team is a rapid down hill slide. Luck would light this secondary up like it was the the 4th of July...as well are Barkley...that's my opinion. Our offense if predictable and boring, with a lack of ANY running game.

Okie lite had the 102nd and 107th ranked defense in the country...and they manhandled us like rag dolls. Sooner fans need to realize that and quit being dellusional...that's my point.

SoonerKnight
12/5/2011, 12:50 PM
I think I CLEARLY stated my point...this is a 2nd Rate team...RIGHT NOW! For whatever reason this team is a rapid down hill slide. Luck would light this secondary up like it was the the 4th of July...as well are Barkley...that's my opinion. Our offense if predictable and boring, with a lack of ANY running game.

Okie lite had the 102nd and 107th ranked defense in the country...and they manhandled us like rag dolls. Sooner fans need to realize that and quit being dellusional...that's my point.

Good.... I agree we got our asses kicked. The team being second rate I do not agree with and saying we loss to Oregon or Stanford hits a nerve with me. Oh and I do not believe that we would be #4 or #5 in the SEC. We would do just fine in that conference. As it is our conference is actually better than most of the SEC!

CowboyMRW
12/5/2011, 01:29 PM
I would like to say that I think OU would be pretty competitive this year in the SEC. It seemed like your team was built to stop the run much more than the pass, and since the SEC can't pass the ball I think yall would've benefited greatly.

delhalew
12/5/2011, 01:38 PM
I would like to say that I think OU would be pretty competitive this year in the SEC. It seemed like your team was built to stop the run much more than the pass, and since the SEC can't pass the ball I think yall would've benefited greatly.

I agree, and I think the coaching staff put the cart before the horse. I believe they designed this team to beat an SEC team in the big game. That's why all year long I said, it's a shame we can't handle our B12 competition, because we matched up very well against LSU.

Add key injuries and a **** poor attitude...you have what you see before you. It wasn't an awful idea, considering our defensive roster, but it failed miserably.

70sooner
12/5/2011, 01:41 PM

if OU was built to stop the run, somebody forgot to tell them that last Saturday nite.....

freshchris05
12/5/2011, 11:09 PM
Plenty to bitch about. Get used to it.

Don't get me wrong, this season was hideous, and I think alot of change needs to be made in our camp if we want to win our bowl game. But, to not have one thread on the first page that had anything to do with our program is pretty sick...

This team has been pretty dissappointing. Not just because of preseason hype but while watching them suck at times, there was no way I can believe they were that bad. After they crossed out the noles and dismantled texas it was like they were waiting for the title to fall in their laps. Frank Alexander was one of the very, few who seemed like he was all in, all the time. If they come out without heart they will be embarrassed by Iowa. Mainly cuz it's Iowa and losing to Iowa just sounds lame. I have a brother in law up there, and when people beat Oklahoma they talk about it till they die!

I won't forgive Bob if he loses to Iowa. I still don't forgive Barry for losing to Arkansas.

JiminyChristmas
12/6/2011, 12:03 AM
Hats off to Frank Alexander this year. He was definitely my favorite player that actually finished the season. He was out there battling in a lot of pain.

picasso
12/6/2011, 11:42 PM

Sad days indeed
Well this year, with the injuries, yeah. We kick *** in the SEC with some prior teams.

cccasooner2
12/6/2011, 11:50 PM

But you still would be playing in the Fiesta Bowl while we would be having a rematch with once defeated LSU for the crystal. SEC, SEC, SEC!!!!!

Sooner in Tampa
12/7/2011, 07:03 AM
Well this year, with the injuries, yeah. We kick *** in the SEC with some prior teams.
No doubt!!