PDA

View Full Version : Boone Pickens to launch an investigation!

StoopTroup
12/5/2011, 12:59 AM
It's awesome....lol

By JIMMIE TRAMEL World Sports Writer (http://www.tulsaworld.com/site/authors.aspx?a=JIMMIE-TRAMEL-)
Published: 12/4/2011 12:23 AM

STILLWATER -- T. Boone Pickens' monetary gifts helped Oklahoma State build facilities that put the Cowboys on a path toward a Big 12 championship.

What’s next? He might pay for an investigator, if necessary.

“If we don’t get in the BCS (championship game), I’m not kidding you, if I have the power to do it, I’m going to have an investigation,” Pickens said after OSU’s 44-10 Bedlam victory Saturday night.

“After the way we handled OU tonight, somehow I can’t imagine LSU playing Alabama twice. It doesn’t make sense. It looks like it’s an SEC closed system if that happens and Alabama didn’t even win the conference...

“I think we are the ones that will play LSU -- for all the right reasons too. I don’t think we have to assume anything other than we deserve it.”

Pickens said his first gift to OSU was $20 million and he said his second gift was $165 million.

After making the second gift, he had something to say about it. He said he was tired of leaving the stadium with his head down.

“I got tired of looking at my shoes when I left and I said ‘I want to be competitive’.”

Pickens also said he talked with Mike Gundy a couple of years ago about making the jump from being competitive to winning. And Pickens said Gundy was winning already. But the program was elevated to a higher level and Gundy said he looked forward to presenting a Big 12 championship trophy to the person who made it all possible.

“Winning the Big 12 at this time... and everything else, it was just a great feeling for all of us because we have never been Big 12 champions before,” Pickens said.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20111204_93_0_STILLW401116 (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20111204_93_0_STILLW401116)

En_Fuego
12/5/2011, 01:10 AM
LMAO........You can't make sh!t like this up. I knew it was going to happen. And the drama continues.

StoopTroup
12/5/2011, 01:12 AM
LMAO........You can't make sh!t like this up. I knew it was going to happen. And the drama continues.

:D

Sooner_Tuf
12/5/2011, 02:22 AM
What's next? Mummification or Cryo of some sort I would imagine.

cvsooner
12/5/2011, 02:57 AM
Just wait until the NCAA violations start cropping up. You think Pickens is a guy who plays by the rules? No. He plays, buys the rules....

Okie35
12/5/2011, 03:15 AM
Just wait until the NCAA violations start cropping up. You think Pickens is a guy who plays by the rules? No. He plays, buys the rules....

I see what you did there :excitement:

thecrimsoncrusader
12/5/2011, 08:16 AM
I think it's rather fitting that "Oklahoma St.'s best team ever" is not playing for the NC. It's rather Oklahoma St. like. And now they lose their best QB and receiver in history, so this chance won't crop up again anytime soon.

birddog
12/5/2011, 08:54 AM
it's gotta sting to be that shy of seeing tha mad hatter v the grown 40-something man that fires contractors wearing red like it's a bodily function. for poke fans that is.

if we aren't involved, it doesn't mean a tying to me.

OKLA21FAN
12/5/2011, 09:03 AM
Has Hitler heard about this yet? :excitement:

Taxman71
12/5/2011, 09:15 AM
I must say it is ironic that the pokies have never sniffed a bcs bowl game before and now they act like the fiesta bowl isn't good enough for their team.

cleller
12/5/2011, 09:21 AM
Boone "I have the power" Pickens.

What really sucks is this is mostly true. Barry warned us.

At least he can't buy this deal.

virginiasooner
12/5/2011, 09:23 AM
Whose team is it -- T-bone's or the University's? If T-bone wants to "own" a team, then wait for one of the NFL owners to die, and throw money at that instead. Is he not aware that this is the kind of stuff that sends the NCAA into spasms of investigatory fever, and not in a good way! Has the president and the AD told him to SHUT UP?

Taxman71
12/5/2011, 09:25 AM
Whose team is it -- T-bone's or the University's? If T-bone wants to "own" a team, then wait for one of the NFL owners to die, and throw money at that instead. Is he not aware that this is the kind of stuff that sends the NCAA into spasms of investigatory fever, and not in a good way! Has the president and the AD told him to SHUT UP?

How do you think the President and AD got their jobs in the first place?

BigJerm7
12/5/2011, 09:31 AM
Its almost like when you were a kid and some kids Dad went and talked to the coach because his kid wasn't playing.

winout
12/5/2011, 09:34 AM
Good Lord... doesn't he have some concrete to steal somewhere?

SoonerMom2
12/5/2011, 09:54 AM
Maybe the NCAA should be asking about the private fund controlled by AD Holder with Pickens for Pickens money when OSU doesn't seem to have enough money for recruiting travel and has the coaches fly with donors. IOTW, Pickens gives the money and then takes it back to put in a fund that he and Holder control. Now Pickens seems to be the spokesman for the football program -- something wrong about that. There is a reason it is called Pickens U. He describes AD Mike Holder, Oklahoma State President Burns Hargis and himself as "a team (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/2011-01-27-pickens-burton-university-donors_N.htm) -- In exchange for Pickens money, OSU now has him as part of their team which means they don't make a move without Pickens. This seems to be a lot of control for one donor but OSU will do anything to win a championship but Boone's money couldn't buy him a chance at a National Championship after all. Thank you voters!

rekamrettuB
12/5/2011, 09:58 AM
Hell just run on down to Austin and take a look at Mack's investigation files. Look in the A's for Asterix. You'll find them there.

Yes Mack misspells the word Asterisk.

Pricetag
12/5/2011, 10:35 AM
After the way we handled OU tonight
How sickening is it to hear these words from this man?

OKLA21FAN
12/5/2011, 10:36 AM
How sickening is it to hear these words from this man?
At least he stayed for the whole game this year.........

SoonerNutt
12/5/2011, 11:01 AM
I think it's rather fitting that "Oklahoma St.'s best team ever" is not playing for the NC. It's rather Oklahoma St. like. And now they lose their best QB and receiver in history, so this chance won't crop up again anytime soon.

You are right that it will sting to lose JB and Weedon, but you are kidding yourselves if you think they are a 2 person team. They have quality talent throughout the roster like they have never had before. The success those 2 guys have had has overshadowed the rest of the team, but they aren't going to fall off the map unless their next QB is an epic failure. And with * in a state of funk, oSu should be right in the mix for the conference crown for at least a couple more years.

MrJimBeam
12/5/2011, 11:16 AM
He's crazy enough to try this. Maybe he can partner with Cuban and get the thing fixed.

Landthief 1972
12/5/2011, 01:58 PM
You are right that it will sting to lose JB and Weedon, but you are kidding yourselves if you think they are a 2 person team. They have quality talent throughout the roster like they have never had before. The success those 2 guys have had has overshadowed the rest of the team, but they aren't going to fall off the map unless their next QB is an epic failure. And with * in a state of funk, oSu should be right in the mix for the conference crown for at least a couple more years.

They also lose WR Cooper, 3 starting O-linemen, their best cornerback and I believe a starting LB. As teams with depth like OU have shown, you don't just "reload."

BeaSooner
12/5/2011, 02:14 PM
Maybe he should launch an investigation to figure out where the hell our team and coaching staff was the last half of the season.

StoopTroup
12/5/2011, 02:21 PM
Maybe he should launch an investigation to figure out where the hell our team and coaching staff was the last half of the season.

I'm sure that's 2nd on his list....LMAO.

kevpks
12/5/2011, 02:23 PM

There is no doubt about that. However, let's see how they handle that over the long haul. I am curious to see how they will deal with significant injuries, inconsistent QB play, a few key recruiting busts or ineligible players. They have been very fortunate the past two seasons in those areas.

cvsooner
12/5/2011, 02:41 PM
You are right that it will sting to lose JB and Weedon, but you are kidding yourselves if you think they are a 2 person team. They have quality talent throughout the roster like they have never had before. The success those 2 guys have had has overshadowed the rest of the team, but they aren't going to fall off the map unless their next QB is an epic failure. And with * in a state of funk, oSu should be right in the mix for the conference crown for at least a couple more years.OSewe graduates 11 starters between offense and defense, including three-fifths of its offensive line. It will be interesting to see how they do.

Breadburner
12/5/2011, 02:47 PM
Maybe they should go play somebody OOC......