PDA

View Full Version : Dear BCS, THANK YOU!

soonerboy_odanorth
12/5/2011, 12:20 AM
Thank you for saving me from myself. Now that you have screwed the LoSuRs worse than we ever possibly could, I no longer have to hope for a Poke victory over the pigs from Louisiana.

Now I can openly root for them to fail in a great way.

That is all.

En_Fuego
12/5/2011, 12:38 AM
Everyone has their opinions about the #2 team. But my opinion is that not only did OSU get the shaft. The BIG 12 got the bigger shaft. And this sets the stage on were the top recruits want to play. SEC or Big 12

An Alabama team that didn't win their conference has less top 25 wins than OSU gets to play for the MNC against LSU that has already beat Bama in conference play. LSU is going to be like WTF if Bama wins.

The Big 12 took a serious hit today.

StoopTroup
12/5/2011, 12:40 AM
Hell...I have doubts about them beating Standford. Beat LSU? ROTFLMAO!

yermom
12/5/2011, 12:41 AM
Everyone has their opinions about the #2 team. But my opinion is that not only did OSU get the shaft. The BIG 12 got the bigger shaft. And this sets the stage on were the top recruits want to play. SEC or Big 12

An Alabama team that didn't win their conference has less top 25 wins than OSU gets to play for the MNC against LSU that has already beat Bama in conference play. LSU is going to be like WTF if Bama wins.

not to mention VT going to the Sugar Bowl as the ACC's second team

StoopTroup
12/5/2011, 12:44 AM
How anyone could think they would bump Bama with their lame assed Non conference Schedule....I have no idea. That toughest Team they played was Tulsa. Arizona wasn't the Georgia Game they had on their Schedule in 2009. If they had had one of those....they might have gotten in to the MNC this year. They didn't.

StoopTroup
12/5/2011, 12:46 AM

This whole deal about recruitiing and the SEC taking away Top Prospects. It's more likely to really affect us as far as LSU and Arkansas since they are so close, but with the number of Scholarships being limited....I think folks are making way to much about it. It makes very little sense to me.

SoonerMom2
12/5/2011, 12:48 AM
Only ten teams and no conference championship bit the Big 12 in its first year. So much for the powers at be who said it wouldn't make a difference. We now have the proof. ESPN's ACC and SEC conferences both got two teams along with the Big 10 and PAC 10. What does that tell you? If OU or TX are not rated high, Big 12 will get only one team in until we go back to a Championship game with 12 teams. Didn't take a genius to figure it out when other conferences like the Big 10 and PAC 10 went to conference championships we were going to get left out for two teams. Any way you look at it, the conference can say it was a championship game between OU and OSU but tecnically it was not like the north and south -- it was rivalry like Auburn and AL and just happened to be for who was the Big 12 Champion just like the Big East. Dumb move on the part of the Big 12 and its schools to think the rest would recognize a 10-team conference the same as playing a championship game. Moving the games to Dec 5th did not help.

En_Fuego
12/5/2011, 12:50 AM
All you Alabama closet Ho's need to realize that the issue isn't just OSU, but the BIG 12. I think people should look out for the best interests of the almost fail conference instead of the SEC.

The Sugar Bowl is just another corrupt example of ESPN, Money, Greed, Friends in high places. Why did the Sugar Bowl pass up on higher ranked teams. This BCS has become a popularity contest. Much like "American Idol"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/sugar-bowl-passes-up-higher-ranked-teams-to-match-no-13-michigan-vs-no-17-virginia-tech/2011/12/04/gIQAIhL9TO_story.html

SoonerMom2
12/5/2011, 12:58 AM
If we really were the Big 12 with 12 teams not 10 this would not be a problem. A 10-team conference doesn't work. I will root for AL because their fans are classy unlike most of the ones I have met who root for the school up north. If OU had two losses, they would have been in the Sugar Bowl -- they didn't want K-State and their crappy out of conference schedule plus we clobbered them.

StoopTroup
12/5/2011, 01:17 AM
I'm rooting for LSU. Lester deserves it. He produced an undefeated Season. I don't like it but it's better than a mix up or a tie or the pukes getting blown out on National TV.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/5/2011, 01:33 AM
Thank you for saving me from myself. Now that you have screwed the LoSuRs worse than we ever possibly could, I no longer have to hope for a Poke victory over the pigs from Louisiana.

Now I can openly root for them to fail in a great way.

That is all.It's quite a relief just not having them even participate in that NC game. Simply being there would give the ags an excuse to be even more obnoxious than their usual selves.

Taxman71
12/5/2011, 09:43 AM
Do osu fans even realize that the final bcs vote was only close because 1/3 of the voters thought they were voting for the Sooners?

Nobody knows or cares about osu outside this state.

Plexis22
12/5/2011, 09:56 AM
If the roles were reversed and OU had the big Bedlam win over a Top 10 team and only a narrow loss to Iowa State in 2OT then I think OU would've gotten the nod over Alabama. OSU just doesn't have any pull whatsoever.

12/5/2011, 01:28 PM
If the roles were reversed and OU had the big Bedlam win over a Top 10 team and only a narrow loss to Iowa State in 2OT then I think OU would've gotten the nod over Alabama. OSU just doesn't have any pull whatsoever.Also, OSU having a relatively shi*ty defense doesn't help them much.(ISU, Kansas State, etc)

Soonerman08
12/6/2011, 09:19 AM

The Coaches put OSU at 3rd. Obviously they think 'Bama is a better team. Also, not sure why you would want top recruits going to Ok. State??? Okie State had two marquee wins, Baylor and K-State. Those were the two teams who actually have amounted to anything this season. OU has severely underachieved, thus I don't consider their victory over us to be that great. Apparently neither did most of the coaches.

soonerinbixby
12/6/2011, 09:25 AM
I agree our 10 team league hurt our conference this year. The Big 12 was pretty much being laughed at for most of the season with all the teams trying to get out and all that crap going on and Texas being Texas. The SEC has always had better athletes since the BCS began and I don't really see that changing. LSU has probably 3 DT's they could give us and not miss a beat on defense. I would like to just have 1 or 2.

oudavid1
12/6/2011, 09:29 AM
I would have rooted for LSU. Just saying.

S00ner4life
12/6/2011, 07:53 PM
This is my first post here I felt like this was a good topic to chime in over. It is a very plausible argument to make that Oklahoma State got the shaft. I see both sides of the argument. Personally I think the BCS got the title game right because Alabama and LSU I felt were the two strongest teams which is what it's all about. Those two teams are superior to everyone else at the line of scrimmage and the defense in my opinion. Anyway back to Oklahoma State, I don't understand why any Sooner fan would ever root for the cowboys or Texas unless it benefited OU like for BCS reasons. Recruiting is the lifeblood of every college football program. Oklahoma's two biggest recruiting rivals are Texas and Oklahoma State.

It is hard enough for OU to compete with Texas for kids, if Oklahoma State starts competing for national championships, OU is no longer their big brother with all the series wins and national titles. Oklahoma State will become their equal. I don't know if many people remember but in 2007, a kid out of Norman originally committed to Oklahoma State but at the last second signed with his hometown Sooners because of the prospects of competing for championships. That kid was Ryan Broyles. Could you imagine if he was playing on that team wearing those god awful uniforms?

OU competes with the SEC schools for recruits but those schools mainly get kids out of Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia and Florida. I remember OU almost got Julio Jones in 2008 and I was disappointed we did not. Looking back he grew up in Foley, Alabama and I'm sure he grew up rooting for the Crimson Tide so it really wasn't that big of a surprise. Oklahoma State and Texas are greater threats than the SEC schools since OU recruits mainly in Oklahoma and Texas anyway. OU should just move to the SEC anyway to not only play against the best schools but have a seat at the table in terms of going after those great athletes the southeast has while still having a pipeline in Oklahoma and Texas.

12/6/2011, 08:00 PM
GREAT first post. and yes, recruiting is the lifeblood of college football. If one is an OU fan, it's basically STOOPID...DUH! to root for the Orange Aggy.