PDA

View Full Version : This is the most disappointed I have felt about OU football since...

OUmillenium
12/4/2011, 10:34 PM
2004 - TGOWWDNS

Others?
We fumbled away the RRS in 2006. Got hosed by the Ducks/refs. And let Boise St drop about 50 on us in the Fiesta.

2007 - Did we really lose to CU after being up 24-7? Yes - then spanked in Fiesta.

2008 - Can't cover a kickoff v UTerus, then can't punch it in the endzone v Florida. But those were legit teams with NFL talent.

Too many major let-downs. I can take a competitive loss to a great team like LSU in 03. But we should at least be competitive and hold the opponent under 30 points to have a chance, IMO.

By the way...I had a very bad feeling about this game and vowed weeks ago that I was not going to watch it. I refused to let a bad game by LJ or a ridiculously poor defensive effort ruin my night. I hear both happened Saturday. I watched a couple of movies with my 2 yr old son while my wife went to a watch party for the 1st half. This is the first time in the last 30 years that I have chosen to NOT watch an OU football game if available. I simply had little faith that we would compete or even win. I DVRd it and periodically checked the score, if we jumped way ahead I was going to start from the beginning and watch the whole thing.

I appreciate some therapeutic feedback.

I had a great night hanging out with little Auston, by the way.

opksooner
12/4/2011, 10:38 PM
By way...I had a very bad feeling about this game and vowed weeks ago that I was not going to watch it..............This is the first time in the last 30 years that I have chosen to NOT watch an OU football game if available.

Oh! So you're the guy!

Soonerjeepman
12/4/2011, 10:40 PM
I used to have a good day or bad day depending on what the Sooners did (main sports..) and I didn't even go to OU...lol..just have been a fan for 40yrs....finally about 15 yrs ago I just decided it was time to not do that.....

glad ya had a good time with your boy..enjoy those moments...mine at 16/19 and I have some regrets...

I take the entertainment value of the game. This is prob the first time that I can remember I quit watching..still love my Sooners...hopefully they can win a bowl game and Landry goes pro!

ictsooner7
12/4/2011, 10:41 PM
I cannot believe Bob is claiming losing a walkon running back hurt our team. Someone tell me why our recruiting is so poor at running back that we have a walkon without a decent backup.