PDA

View Full Version : OSU got hosed

oupride
12/4/2011, 09:50 PM
I've expressed my intense disdain for the Cow Pukes on here more than once. There is no other school that I would rather see lose every game besides Stoolwater. Tonight they got totally hosed by the BCS. They deserved to play in the NC and not Bama. The invisible elephant in the room is all the BS the talking heads have been eating about the SEC is a superior conference. Who did LSU beat really? With the exceptions of Bama, Arkansas and Georgia, every other SEC team on their schedule had 5 losses or more. OOC opponents were Oregon and West Va.; 2 and 3 losses respectfully. The BCS has crossed the point of no return and I think this will come back to bite them. I don't feel bad for Okie State. They still suck, but they got totally hosed.

tanjou
12/4/2011, 09:53 PM
Cool.

SoonerNate
12/4/2011, 10:04 PM
No they don't. Teams that lose to Iowa friggin State don't have the right to complain.

Taxman71
12/4/2011, 10:06 PM
I don't care....all I know is I enjoy watching any team that wears orange whine like school girls.

SoonerinSouthlake
12/4/2011, 10:06 PM
They may have deserved it...but I just dont understand all the poke love on this board. Do you guys really want OSU on the national stage? Do you really want "little brother" to grow up and be a true rivalry? OUpride was specific in saying that he didnt feel bad for them and I understand that.. Im more referring to the rest of the board and all the sticking up for OSU. Who cares that they got hosed. It doesnt do the Sooners any good to have OSU getting real skins on the wall.

Flying Scotsman
12/4/2011, 10:18 PM
Did their site have a meltdown today? just asking....

MeMyself&Me
12/4/2011, 10:19 PM
They may have deserved it...but I just dont understand all the poke love on this board. Do you guys really want OSU on the national stage? Do you really want "little brother" to grow up and be a true rivalry? OUpride was specific in saying that he didnt feel bad for them and I understand that.. Im more referring to the rest of the board and all the sticking up for OSU. Who cares that they got hosed. It doesnt do the Sooners any good to have OSU getting real skins on the wall.

Most of what I've seen here is like the OP. I think most of us are fans of college football before we're haters of pokes. Afterall, putting hatred of another school first is a bit aggie isn't it?

Flying Scotsman
12/4/2011, 10:19 PM
I hope so....for the melt down

MeMyself&Me
12/4/2011, 10:21 PM
Did their site have a meltdown today? just asking....

Just looked at their board and there's a lot of Bama hate and ESPiN hate. I thought for a moment they were getting past their little brother complex until I saw the thread linked to here about our meltdown. I clicked on it expecting comments about how OU fans saying OSU got hosed since that's the majority of what I'm seeing tonight... but not one. All about soonerfans meltdown. Pokes will be pokes I guess.

SoonerShark
12/4/2011, 10:22 PM
OSU lost to a mediocre Iowa State team, albeit in a tie since it went to 2 OTs. Alabama tied the best team in the nation, losing in OT.

Soonerjeepman
12/4/2011, 10:22 PM
I HATE the sec...I do think osu played the tougher schedule...they both had a loss...osu should have gotten it...

on a side note...a 7-5 IDLE auburn (who got beat by bama) moved up in the polls ABOVE an 8-4 FSU team who got beat by OU who was beat by osu....hmmmmm interesting...

MeMyself&Me
12/4/2011, 10:23 PM
OSU lost to a mediocre Iowa State team, albeit in a tie since it went to 2 OTs. Alabama tied the best team in the nation, losing in OT.

You watch ESPiN too much. In case you haven't been told by ESPiN, that was one game out of 12.

LRoss
12/4/2011, 10:28 PM
I think that OSU had the best argument (based mostly on better wins carrying more weight than the bad loss).

But I also don't feel sorry for any team that lost. It's college football, and when you lose you're throwing your fate to the whims of factors outside of your control. Sometimes they'll roll your way, sometimes not. But the only team that absolutely "deserves" the play for the MNC is LSU. 'Bama got a little bit lucky, OSU (and Stanford) got a little bit unlucky. But by losing, they all left it up to chance.

Widescreen
12/4/2011, 10:41 PM
Who did LSU beat really? With the exceptions of Bama, Arkansas and Georgia, every other SEC team on their schedule had 5 losses or more. OOC opponents were Oregon and West Va.; 2 and 3 losses respectfully.
Are you really trying to argue that LSU shouldn't be in the MNC game? After this season, how can you think they're not the best team? They beat Bama in Tuscaloosa and UO on a neutral field. That and the fact they're undefeated and the SEC champion should be plenty of resume to make the national championship game.

Sooner_Tuf
12/4/2011, 10:42 PM
OSU got hosed no doubt. No respect whatsoever. I guess they should feel lucky to be going to a BCS Bowl and to win the Big XII.

Tiger6
12/4/2011, 10:44 PM
As of last week, Mike Gundy said himself Alabama deserves it over his own team.... dont believe me? Nobody got screwed...the team with the best loss, and best win got in. Period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7_09Fj4IEc

BulverdeSooner
12/4/2011, 10:52 PM
Did the hose job wash the stench and lice off?

VeeJay
12/4/2011, 11:05 PM
The only hosing OSU got was from themselves for losing to a mediocre .500 team last weekend.

Would the country really want to see a team in the national championship game whose fans, after beating their in-state rival, acting like Occupy Wall Street protesters setting a cop car on fire?

StoopTroup
12/4/2011, 11:10 PM
As of last week, Mike Gundy said himself Alabama deserves it over his own team.... dont believe me? Nobody got screwed...the team with the best loss, and best win got in. Period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7_09Fj4IEc

Hilarious. You can't make this stuff up. Gundy has no plans of making it....lol Their own Coach said he's not getting hosed......LMAO

TitoMorelli
12/4/2011, 11:10 PM
You watch ESPiN too much. In case you haven't been told by ESPiN, that was one game out of 12.

Well over the course of the season the Tide won its other 11 games by a minimum of 16 points, while okie lite hung on for last minute wins over pathetic A&M and pretty decent KSU. Also, Bama travelled to University Park to play traditional power Penn State, while okie lite stayed home to challenge such stalwarts as La-La and Arizona.

That makes it about 4-5 games out of 12 in which the Tide made a better argument for making the ncg. Maybe you should watch ESPiN a little more.

MeMyself&Me
12/4/2011, 11:28 PM
Well over the course of the season the Tide won its other 11 games by a minimum of 16 points, while okie lite hung on for last minute wins over pathetic A&M and pretty decent KSU. Also, Bama travelled to University Park to play traditional power Penn State, while okie lite stayed home to challenge such stalwarts as La-La and Arizona.

That makes it about 4-5 games out of 12 in which the Tide made a better argument for making the ncg. Maybe you should watch ESPiN a little more.

Yet, OSU has a better SOS cause they played better overall teams than did Bama, not to mention actually winning the best conference in the country. ESPiN doesn't want you to know that.

SCSooner71
12/4/2011, 11:37 PM
If roles were reversed....and we were the one loss team that just blew out a #10 OSU...i dont think bama gets in ahead of OU and I think thats funny...kinda lets those pukes know where they stand

SoonerMom2
12/4/2011, 11:40 PM
If roles were reversed....and we were the one loss team that just blew out a #10 OSU...i dont think bama gets in ahead of OU and I think thats funny...kinda lets those pukes know where they stand

Agree with you 100%!

kevpks
12/4/2011, 11:50 PM

I agree. Decades of terrible to mediocre football hurt them just as much as their loss to a bad Iowa State team did.

TitoMorelli
12/4/2011, 11:51 PM
Yet, OSU has a better SOS cause they played better overall teams than did Bama, not to mention actually winning the best conference in the country. ESPiN doesn't want you to know that.

And that SOS helped to close the gap between them and Bama. But it wasn't enough. You seem to want to argue that it should be the overriding factor in comparing the two. It's not. Had Oklahoma State not choked against a team that isn't even in the top 25 they'd be in. And I know that even without watching ESPN.

MeMyself&Me
12/5/2011, 12:06 AM

I think you're right and that is funny.

MeMyself&Me
12/5/2011, 12:07 AM
And that SOS helped to close the gap between them and Bama. But it wasn't enough. You seem to want to argue that it should be the overriding factor in comparing the two. It's not. Had Oklahoma State not choked against a team that isn't even in the top 25 they'd be in. And I know that even without watching ESPN.

You can only come to that conclusion if you focus on one game. It's all ESPiN talks about so I'm sure that's where you're coming from.

SOONER44EVER
12/5/2011, 12:11 AM
I think that OSU had the best argument (based mostly on better wins carrying more weight than the bad loss).

Unfortunately espn doesn't care about wins, sos or anything like that. Only losses count. And the pollsters vote for who espn tells them to.

TitoMorelli
12/5/2011, 12:17 AM
You can only come to that conclusion if you focus on one game. It's all ESPiN talks about so I'm sure that's where you're coming from.

You can think whatever you want, but it doesn't make it right. I probably watch far less ESPN than you, and I could care less about what they have to say.

If the best argument you can come up with is that someone who disagrees with you must watch too much ESPN, then you're incapable of winning the argument in the first place.

MeMyself&Me
12/5/2011, 12:33 AM
You can think whatever you want, but it doesn't make it right. I probably watch far less ESPN than you, and I could care less about what they have to say.

If the best argument you can come up with is that someone who disagrees with you must watch too much ESPN, then you're incapable of winning the argument in the first place.

LOL. Struck a nerve.

SoonerDood
12/5/2011, 12:41 AM
OSU got hosed. And I'll sleep soundly tonight. :)

TitoMorelli
12/5/2011, 12:42 AM
LOL. Struck a nerve.

Yep. I don't suffer fools gladly.

Whatever the hell that means.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc27/dweebius/wink-1.gif

SoonerShark
12/5/2011, 12:45 AM
Alabama deserves a title shot more than OSU, sad but true. OSU needs to blow out Stanford and hope Alabama looks bad, but beats LSU. Then win the AP Poll Championship. OSU tied abysmal Iowa State, then lost in OT. Alabama tied great LSU, then lost in OT. If Alabama had lost to #4 Stanford in OT rather than LSU they would deserve the chance more than OSU. Why should they suffer because the SEC West has two teams better than anyone else? Playing LSU on its de facto home field means there should be an asterisk if LSU wins by less than 14 points. Regardless, it is LSU who is being hurt more than anyone else. Why should it have to beat an Alabama team it had already beaten? An OSU game would be fun, but Alabama had a loss to a great team. OSU lost to Slippery Rock. It is great when a second or third tier program like an OSU or Kansas State or South Carolina has a great year. Those three teams should not sniff the top ten again for a while.

SoonerMom2
12/5/2011, 12:52 AM

Well said -- I kept thinking I was on the wrong board some times. I don't root for OSU period and have been wondering about the people feeling sorry for them. They should have lost to A&M and this wouldn't be a discussion. Using a safety to win is not a good resume for the NCG!

StoopTroup
12/5/2011, 12:57 AM
OSU got hosed. And I'll sleep soundly tonight. :)

I do get the OsU got hosed thing. I mean it really allows guys like me in Tulsa to indirectly rub salt in the wound.....lol

StoopTroup
12/5/2011, 12:58 AM
The greatest thing about it all is Boone is gonna launch an investigation....LMAO!

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20111204_93_0_STILLW401116

SoonerMom2
12/5/2011, 12:59 AM
I do get the OsU got hosed thing. I mean it really allows guys like me in Tulsa to indirectly rub salt in the wound.....lol

That is too funny! I keep forgetting that Tulsa has a lot of orange wearing fans! That is one funny thing to come out of this season.

StoopTroup
12/5/2011, 01:15 AM
That is too funny! I keep forgetting that Tulsa has a lot of orange wearing fans! That is one funny thing to come out of this season.

Now you can enjoy my Boone Pickens investigation thread...lol

GreenSooner
12/5/2011, 02:42 AM

You're right. And it is funny.

But it's also wrong.

If someone's gonna be screwed by the BCS, I'm glad it's Orange Aggy. But I'm a college football fan, and it's ultimately the sport itself that looks ridiculous when the MNC is decided like this.

Taxman71
12/5/2011, 09:38 AM
The computers clearly favored osu leaving only the "opinions" of the voters to decide. Well, what is wrong with the voters thinking Bama (or Stanford) is better than osu? If you look at the entire year, LSU was the only Bama game that was even close while osu nearly lost to a&m and KState (at home) while losing to .500 Iowa St. Not to mention the entire Big 12 turned out to be a fraud this year.

I honestly believe the 3 best teams are all in the SEC West this year. Now, a playoff scenario could never allow a 2-loss team to jump a 1-loss team (sorry Arkie), but the BCS isn't a playoff system...it is a consensus opinion system to see who the country thinks is #2.

VA Sooner
12/5/2011, 11:44 AM
I'm not sure about number 2 team, but I would much rather watch an LSU-OSU match than a re-match of LSU-Bama.

Wait... did I really just say that?

Dale Ellis
12/5/2011, 12:03 PM
I've expressed my intense disdain for the Cow Pukes on here more than once. There is no other school that I would rather see lose every game besides Stoolwater. Tonight they got totally hosed by the BCS. They deserved to play in the NC and not Bama. The invisible elephant in the room is all the BS the talking heads have been eating about the SEC is a superior conference. Who did LSU beat really? With the exceptions of Bama, Arkansas and Georgia, every other SEC team on their schedule had 5 losses or more. OOC opponents were Oregon and West Va.; 2 and 3 losses respectfully. The BCS has crossed the point of no return and I think this will come back to bite them. I don't feel bad for Okie State. They still suck, but they got totally hosed.

Should have beaten ISU.

sooner_born_1960
12/5/2011, 12:07 PM
The fans of the third ranked team usually claim they were screwed out of a chance at the MNC. I'm just surprised so many of them are doing it on a Sooner board.

PrideMom
12/5/2011, 12:55 PM
The reason OSU is not in the BCS National Championship game is fan base and HISTORY!!! OSU is only a one year wonder this year, and they will have to play at that level EVERY year for anyone to take them seriously. May not be fair this year, but ESPN and the BIG BOYS decide this.

GreenSooner
12/5/2011, 01:09 PM
The fans of the third ranked team usually claim they were screwed out of a chance at the MNC. I'm just surprised so many of them are doing it on a Sooner board.

Yes they usually do. Sometimes they are right. This year is one of those times. Hence fans of other teams are joining them in complaining.

FtwTxSooner
12/5/2011, 01:17 PM
Nobody got screwed. Both schools had legit arguements. Somebody has to draw the short straw. Sucks to be osu.

sooner_born_1960
12/5/2011, 01:19 PM
Yes they usually do. Sometimes they are right. This year is one of those times. Hence fans of other teams are joining them in complaining.
Surely you're not one of those "They didn't even win their conference" types, are you?

Breadburner
12/5/2011, 01:29 PM
OS eWe ....Hosed themselves.....

GreenSooner
12/5/2011, 01:39 PM
Surely you're not one of those "They didn't even win their conference" types, are you?

Nope. I'm a "Bama already had a shot at LSU -- at home! -- and lost" type.