PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Season!

Serge Ibaka
12/4/2011, 09:44 PM
Well, I'm bummed with the bedlam-loss, but now I can throw all of my emotions into Thunder & Sooner basketball.

2 good home-games coming up against ORU & Arkansas. I might try to make at least one of the two.

ORU is 6-2 with narrow losses to WVU and UT San Antonio.

Arkansas is 5-2 with losses to Houston and @UConn.

birddog
12/5/2011, 08:56 AM
took me awhile to figure out who arent was. 0 athleticism but atleast some jud buechler size down low.

can help fitz bring down some boards.

IronHorseSooner
12/9/2011, 08:55 AM
I was looking at the schedule, and there is a real shot at being 11-1 and ranked going into conference play. We should hold serve at home, and this is not a vintage Cincy team. As for conference play, I think there a three distinct categories of teams. There are the elites- BU, MU, KU; the mid-level- A&M, *, KSU; and the bottom- OSU, ISU, and Tech. I think we are the wildcard. So, here's my take:

1. We sweep OSU, ISU, and Tech (6-0) (from what I have seen, we are definitely better than all of them)
2. We have a winning record against the mid-level (4-2) (win out at home and beat * in @$$tin)
3. We sneak a couple from the big 3 (2-4) (most likely KU and MU in Norman- this isn't a vintage KU team)

That would put us at 12-6 in conference and 23-7 overall. Let's say we go 1-1 in the Big XII tourney. We might slip one that we shouldn't lose, and win one that we weren't expected to win. That puts us at 24-8, probably 4th in the league, and likely in the Dance. If all of this happens, Coach Kruger should be National Coach of the Year. We have a good starting five and a nice bench; we play at nice, uptempo pace; and we play bigger than we are. Again, we need to keep improving and I think we will get there.