PDA

View Full Version : I was raised a fair minded person

MamaMia
12/4/2011, 09:21 PM
...as the oldest child in an Italian family with 4 siblings, all of us born in a 3 year and 11 month period, I was taught at an early age that without fairness, there is utter chaos. a state of confused unorganized primordial matter. Fairness ranks high on my list of whats needed in this world.

1) I despise Les "Les 'r Rip Miles and I cant stand LSU, or their worst ever stinking' fans

2) I absolutely abhor oSu and their never ending, annoying fans

3) I have a great fondness for Alabama and the Crimson Tide fans are amazing, however...

oSu was robbed. The ever so beloved by the human voters, SEC Conference, and their annoying but deserving Champions, the LSU Tigers, should be facing the Big Twelve Conference title holders instead of playing a team they already beat.

The fact that we will have to watch a rematch of the Top 2 SEC teams is a joke, totally unfair, and a royal slap in the face to not only our conference but especially to the oSu Cowboys.

lexsooner
12/4/2011, 09:39 PM
I also cannot stand LSU and the creatures which slithered up from the primordial ooze of the bayous which constitute their fan base. However, that being said, LSU got screwed also. In essence, by losing the so-called game of the century, Bama got rewarded with a bye and got to sit back watch LSU risk it all in the SEC title game, and now Bama gets to play for all the marbles thanks to this reward for losing. No matter how you slice this situation, everything is wrong, and OSU is the biggest victim, LSU to a lesser extent, and Bama an undeserving beneficiary of this mess.

8timechamps
12/4/2011, 09:43 PM
Imagine the uprising in the bayou if Bama wins, Heehee

MamaMia
12/4/2011, 09:46 PM
Imagine the uprising in the bayou if Bama wins, HeeheeWho are you going to root for, if anyone, and why? :)

SoonerMom2
12/4/2011, 09:47 PM
I am rooting for Alabama all the way! Seeing Miles lose after they were the annointed team would be hilarious.

Cheerin' 4 OU
12/4/2011, 09:53 PM
I don't hate that Alabama's there. Alabama did not lose to an unranked team. I'd like to see OSU get their shot at a national title, but not this way. If they would've beaten that unranked team, I'd be absolutely disgusted if they weren't there but I don't think it would be fair to put them in over Alabama.

I will say, though, that I hope that OSU beats the Cardinal very handily and represent the state with class, dignity, and power.

Since71ASooner4Life
12/4/2011, 09:57 PM
...as the oldest child in an Italian family with 4 siblings, all of us born in a 3 year and 11 month period, I was taught at an early age that without fairness, there is utter chaos. a state of confused unorganized primordial matter. Fairness ranks high on my list of whats needed in this world.

1) I despise Les "Les 'r Rip Miles and I cant stand LSU, or their worst ever stinking' fans

2) I absolutely abhor oSu and their never ending, annoying fans

3) I have a great fondness for Alabama and the Crimson Tide fans are amazing, however...

oSu was robbed. The ever so beloved by the human voters, SEC Conference, and their annoying but deserving Champions, the LSU Tigers, should be facing the Big Twelve Conference title holders instead of playing a team they already beat.

The fact that we will have to watch a rematch of the Top 2 SEC teams is a joke, totally unfair, and a royal slap in the face to not only our conference but especially to the oSu Cowboys.

Who ever said the intention of the National Championship game was not to pair the top two teams? Without a doubt that is who is playing. It might make us Sooner fans feel better about that whipping we took last night to believe that it was at the hands of the #2 team, but that would be self deceit. OSU isn't anywhere close to being as good as Alabama. They'll end up playing one of the other big offense / mediocre defense teams, and someone will win 45 - 42

MamaMia
12/4/2011, 09:59 PM
The only way to expose this whole BCS system as the joke it has become, with and because of, all the tweaking thats happened every time somebody whined, like Texas, USC, TCU, and etc., is for Alabama to win the National Championship against a team who has already beat them. Ha ha ha ha..breathe...ha ha ha! Deep breath. :D

hawaii 5-0
12/4/2011, 10:02 PM
I hope Alabama wins in a double overtime thriller (snoozer) 9-6.

5-0

8timechamps
12/4/2011, 10:03 PM
Who are you going to root for, if anyone, and why? :)

Bama. Don't get me wrong, I'll not be watching the game, but I want Bama to win.

I respect Bama for their traditions. I dislike pretty much anything to do with LSU. Maybe dislike is the wrong word, detest. Much better.

Plus, I would love to hear the madness that would ensue if Bama were to win. "We beat you. Yeah, but we beat you! etc, etc."

MamaMia
12/4/2011, 10:19 PM
Who ever said the intention of the National Championship game was not to pair the top two teams? Without a doubt that is who is playing. It might make us Sooner fans feel better about that whipping we took last night to believe that it was at the hands of the #2 team, but that would be self deceit. OSU isn't anywhere close to being as good as Alabama. They'll end up playing one of the other big offense / mediocre defense teams, and someone will win 45 - 42In your opinion, but the fact is...we will never know. We already know that Alabama lost to the team they are getting ready to play for the National Championship. So if Alabama wins this mulligan, who is the better team?

SoonernAR
12/4/2011, 10:24 PM
Being a fair minded person myself, I agree with everything you said. So the question is, what can I as a individual do about it? Quite simply the only thing which is to not to watch the game, and make sure the advertisers know it.

Since71ASooner4Life
12/4/2011, 10:39 PM
In your opinion, but the fact is...we will never know. We already know that Alabama lost to the team they are getting ready to play for the National Championship. So if Alabama wins this mulligan, who is the better team?

Anyone knows that Championship teams are built around defense, and if you are honest with yourself you know OSU isn't in the same league. Run down the list of past National Champions, and tell me honestly whether Alabama or OSU fits the profile.

Alabama wins and they are the legitimate national champion. Late season games always weigh more heavily in the final analysis. OSU losing to an unranked team late in the season is plenty reason they cant be ranked ahead of Alabama

AlboSooner
12/4/2011, 10:52 PM
I hope Alabama wins in a double overtime thriller (snoozer) 9-6.

5-0
this

AlboSooner
12/4/2011, 10:53 PM
Anyone knows that Championship teams are built around defense

Vince Young and Cam Newton disagree.

MamaMia
12/4/2011, 11:25 PM
Anyone knows that Championship teams are built around defense, and if you are honest with yourself you know OSU isn't in the same league. Run down the list of past National Champions, and tell me honestly whether Alabama or OSU fits the profile.

Alabama wins and they are the legitimate national champion. Late season games always weigh more heavily in the final analysis. OSU losing to an unranked team late in the season is plenty reason they cant be ranked ahead of AlabamaWho is to say that oSu hasn't been improving defensively in this "late season" play? Alabama just lost to LSU less than a month ago, in "late season play"...just 3 games ago. oSu lost only 2 weekends later by 1 touchdown, and in OT.

oSu's defense is ranked #2, behind LSU's #1 ranking, in defensive turnover ratio, with Alabama trailing waaaay behind at 27th! The better match up is LSU and oSu.

TahoeSOONER
12/4/2011, 11:32 PM
I know OU has benefited by this BCmesS in the past but you must win your conference to play in the title game IMO.

OSU was screwed.

SoonerMom2
12/4/2011, 11:43 PM
If OSU had won the Big 12 Conference Championship game against the north, bet they would have jumped Alabama but the game with OU was no different than Alabama's game with Auburn. Several people were concerned without a real conference championship game this was going to happen with only 10 teams. Didn't take long -- the first year.

SOONER44EVER
12/4/2011, 11:47 PM
Who ever said the intention of the National Championship game was not to pair the top two teams? Without a doubt that is who is playing.

Without a doubt???