PDA

View Full Version : The stronger the devotion

MamaMia
12/4/2011, 05:47 PM
The stronger the disappointment. Thats always how it is.

Color me a hopeless Sooner fan but I really did believe that his was our year, and I don't think that very often but when I have believed it, we have always at least played for the National Championship. Maybe thats why its hit me so hard. Well, that and the fact that it could very well be my last season on this earth, and what a crappy last season this would be.

The thing is though...no matter what all we think would help to improve our football program, and a lot of you really do have some great ideas, you make some valid points, and most of you aren't idiots when it comes to football, even those of you that I don't entirely agree with...it doesn't matter what we think. It wont change a thing. Therein lies the frustration. At least we can vent. Thats all we have left.

C&CDean
12/4/2011, 05:52 PM
Or you could quit buying tickets and never watch another game. Trust me, I've considered it.

Last night I'm going "why the hell am I doing this to myself?" And the frustration isn't just this year either. TGOWWDNS, being one decent pass away from beating LSU in the Sugar, having two dropped passes at the goal line - or fumbles depending on the play - against the fighting Tebows in the Orange, etc. We've been a frustrated lot and many have gone straight up retard about it.

Next year we need to come out unranked and work our way up. We're better when we're hungry. Team and fans alike.

StoopTroup
12/4/2011, 05:53 PM
At least we can vent. Thats all we have left.

Naw...there's plenty of things you could still do...you could find someone who has never posted after 13 years of lurking here to agree with everything someone they have told they are right 20 times today and berate them until Dean gets tired of his **** and locks the thread. :D ;)

There is plenty of fun to be had. ;)

Umm....Dean. I hop you catch who I'm talking about. I love those. They aren't anywhere to be found for 13 years but now suddenly it's time to start posting and calling out Coaches names. Hysterical People are even worse than the retarded.

En_Fuego
12/4/2011, 06:00 PM
When you're voted pre-season #1 and find out in reality that you're 20th at best doesn't help the players, coaches and fans. I really don't understand all the pre-season hype. I know we had some key injuries but,...........I don't know what the "But" is, and to be fair to the players, coaches and fans....I dont think anyone knows the specific reasons for things happening. That Tech game still blows my mind on how it was played.

So if you're Bob Stoops, Vunerables :) or a 4th stringer on sidelines.....Or a Leroy Lizard..I just don't think anyone knows whats going on.

OUmillenium
12/4/2011, 06:01 PM
I agree with Deans post, frustrations o plenty from the last few years. Good times too, though

8timechamps
Mama, that's exactly why college football is so much fun. The losses hurt, and there's plenty of disappointment this year....but, we also know that next year brings with it a new chance to win it all...and that's something that not many other fanbases can truly say. We get to say it almost every year.

There have been many years I've wanted to just quit, but I know I love my Sooners and can't change that. On a whole, I think you are right, the more devoted you are, the bigger the letdown. But the beauty is, we have a lot more good memories to reflect on and the reality that there is going to be many more wins in the future.

MamaMia
~sigh~ I just want to live long enough to see us win one more National Championship. Thats all.

8timechamps
12/4/2011, 06:04 PM
When you're voted pre-season #1 and find out in reality that you're 20th at best doesn't help the players, coaches and fans. I really don't understand all the pre-season hype. I know we had some key injuries but,...........I don't know what the "But" is, and to be fair to the players, coaches and fans....I dont think anyone knows the specific reasons for things happening. That Tech game still blows my mind on how it was played.

So if you're Bob Stoops, Vunerables :) or a 4th stringer on sidelines.....Or a Leroy Lizard..I just don't think anyone knows whats going on.

Pre-season hype is nothing more than marketing for the networks. It happens every year, and it makes it interesting before the games are actually played, but holds little relevance when the season starts. I get caught up in it every year, and it rarely pans out how it's "supposed to". And like you said, nobody really knows what happened this year, but we do know that this team was snake bitten with injuries.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. But, I also know that there's more positives than negatives.

oumartin
12/4/2011, 06:22 PM
~sigh~ I just want to live long enough to see us win one more National Championship. Thats all.

I am starting to think the same thing!

MamaMia
12/4/2011, 07:04 PM
I am starting to think the same thing!I will hope and pray for the both of us. :)

soonervegas
12/4/2011, 07:26 PM
The inherent problem with college football is the low return on investment when you are looking at national titles. OU is largely considered top 5 all time and we have banged out 7 national titles in about 121 years of football or one every 17-18 years....and when you factor in the fact you usually win them in groupings.....

It's a shame Stoops couldn't have grabbed that 2003 or 2008 title - my guess is we would be half as freaked out right now.

cherokeebrewer
12/4/2011, 07:35 PM
I will hope and pray for the both of us. :)
I could use a hope & a prayer too...

SoonerKnight
12/4/2011, 07:47 PM
Actually, I believed that at half time we could come back. Through the 3rd qtr I waiting for it. Then the 4th qtr and I was still waiting. Well after that last pick or whatever in the 4th with like two minutes or so left I shut the damn thing off. Could not take it anymore. Aggies dissappointed me or suprised me either way I expected thme to melt down at some point and yet all I saw was the team give up and the O sucked and the D sucked and we lost bad. By the way we made our 48 yard field goal so ST did not suck. Just saying. Bell did not suck but according to Stoops he did not get a touchdown. LOL! Anyway I am sure this team will be ready for the bowl game. I am sure Stoops will change things for the better and it's a 4 year cycle for the MNC!!! Next year is not a stretch.

C&CDean
12/4/2011, 08:15 PM
I will hope and pray for the both of us. :)

Mama I pray for. marty I pray just goes away. Class vs. dildoism. I'll take class every time.