PDA

View Full Version : Meltdown

Midtowner
12/4/2011, 05:42 PM
I'll bet half the viewers on here right now are just here to watch the amazing dramatic meltdown. Here we have a bunch of grown men and women who purport to know how to run a football team better than Bob Stoops or an athletic program better than Joe Castiglione.

Folks, we're spoiled as hell. Very few fan bases have come to expect what ours expects to do every year, i.e., win the conference and compete for national championships. Y'all need to quit your bitchin'. It's borderline embarrassing.

SoonerKnight
12/4/2011, 05:43 PM
Agreed. But it is fun to watch!!

SOONER44EVER
12/4/2011, 05:43 PM
I'll bet half the viewers on here right now are just here to watch the amazing dramatic meltdown. Here we have a bunch of grown men and women who purport to know how to run a football team better than Bob Stoops or an athletic program better than Joe Castiglione.

Folks, we're spoiled as hell. Very few fan bases have come to expect what ours expects to do every year, i.e., win the conference and compete for national championships. Y'all need to quit your bitchin'. It's borderline embarrassing. No, getting beat by Tech and Baylor and totally owned by OSU is embarrassing.

StoopTroup
12/4/2011, 05:45 PM
I was hoping for more graphs. Maybe a few charts. The whole National Ranking thing has been nearly worn out.

Are the Whorns ready yet?

http://www.f-oxymoron.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/eat-more-chicken.jpg

C&CDean
12/4/2011, 05:47 PM
And here we go again...

For the record, I agree with the OP. Our players should be embarrassed by their effort, our coaches should be embarrassed, and it is downright pathetically embarrassing to listen/read to the sludge on this board. Worse than anything ever offered up by whornfans losers and orangepower faglets. By a heaping longshot.

BoulderSooner79
12/4/2011, 05:47 PM
I'll bet half the viewers on here right now are just here to watch the amazing dramatic meltdown. ...

You pretty much nailed me. But the meltdowns haven't been very dramatic and far from creative. Just the tedious "fire XXX" and "this is not acceptable at OU..". We suck at meltdowns.

Midtowner
12/4/2011, 05:49 PM
No, getting beat by Tech and Baylor and totally owned by OSU is embarrassing.

For whom? You can't win them all. Admitting that you are embarrassed because the football team whose merchandise you buy lost to another football team is silly.

cccasooner2
12/4/2011, 05:53 PM
Meltdowns, 11 years and counting, we are OU!

freshchris05
12/4/2011, 05:54 PM
http://static.hypervocal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/normal_105here_for_the_gang_bang-400x266.jpg

Sooner95
Boy, some of you peeps need to come down off the ledge..lol between the amount of injuries and average QB play, it just was not a good year. We can still finish up with 10 wins and a top 15 which considering is not that bad.

BoulderSooner79
Meltdowns, 11 years and counting, we are OU!

Finally, a little creativity! :)

OUmillenium
12/4/2011, 05:56 PM
injuries = uncorrectable
average qb play = probably uncorrectable for a 3rd yr junior
defense = ?

ObiKaTony
12/4/2011, 05:57 PM
I was hoping for more graphs. maybe a few charts. The whole National Ranking thing has been nearly worn out.

Seriously? The guy calling out people with vulgarity, telling me to "shut my hole" is going to lecture the forum in the ways of civil discourse.

ST, this is a forum that people share ideas and opinions. People wanting a part of the staff fired are voicing their opinion (an opinion shared by most sooner fans). Most believe a valid one at that. I don't want to fight at all, but this stuff drives me crazy. Hypocrisy at its finest.

For the record, I think Stoops is an awesome coach and we have enjoyed success beyond most of our expectations since 99. That being said, believing that OU should do better than what they have recently done and stating solutions that one believes will help the team is what the forum is there for. What I don't think is appropriate for the forum is those stating vulgarities and telling those of whom he or she disagrees with to "shut their hole"

This isnt' a meltdown, people are voicing their opinion because the team has some major issues. The staff is probably going to have a meeting about them monday...

freshchris05
12/4/2011, 06:00 PM
Boy, some of you peeps need to come down off the ledge..lol between the amount of injuries and average QB play, it just was not a good year. We can still finish up with 10 wins and a top 15 which considering is not that bad.

No, you are wrong. We play for championships here. Bob Stoops just wants our hard earned money, and doesn't give anything back in return. 10 wins? Top 15. Thats not good enough. We have 7 national championships which means, we win every year. Sorry i'm not a sunshine pumper who can except anything less than a championship. Bob stoops hates oklahoma, and we let him! Bring back John Blake!

the_edge
12/4/2011, 06:01 PM
injuries = uncorrectable

Having second stringers that look like they've ever played a down of football before would greatly alleviate that. Our depth stinks.

8timechamps
12/4/2011, 06:07 PM
For whom? You can't win them all. Admitting that you are embarrassed because the football team whose merchandise you buy lost to another football team is silly.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but you are trying to bring reason into the mix. Not much of that goes on around here. Regardless of our W/L record. Keep fighting the good fight though. :)

C&CDean
12/4/2011, 06:12 PM
People wanting a part of the staff fired are voicing their opinion (an opinion shared by most sooner fans).

You really believe that most Sooner fans want some coaches fired? The only ones I know are the people who can't accept losing a game or 3 and just have to blame somebody - whether that person had anything to do with the loss or not. People who have become so focused in on x being the problem they refuse to look at the whole/big picture. If that's "most Sooner fans" then we have a lot of ****ing retards for fans.

8timechamps
12/4/2011, 06:14 PM
You really believe that most Sooner fans want some coaches fired? The only ones I know are the people who can't accept losing a game or 3 and just have to blame somebody - whether that person had anything to do with the loss or not. People who have become so focused in on x being the problem they refuse to look at the whole/big picture. If that's "most Sooner fans" then we have a lot of ****ing retards for fans.

And there is ZERO reasoning with those folks. None of which are NCAA coaches, and all of which purport to know a "better way".

En_Fuego
12/4/2011, 06:17 PM
Listening to those call-in radio broadcasts I have come to the conclusion that 90% of our fans are retarded.....just sayin

ObiKaTony
12/4/2011, 06:22 PM

I'd be williing to bet money on it...(apparently stoops is a retard too, he said he would entertain the idea of staff changes) what a moron!

Why don't we have a poll that says "do you think OU needs staff changes" I can guarantee the answer would be 70% or above

Midtowner
12/4/2011, 06:26 PM
Listening to those call-in radio broadcasts I have come to the conclusion that 90% of our fans are retarded.....just sayin

Well, when you start with folks who feel compelled to call in to talk to a radio personality to gritch about a college football team, you're starting from tard and it only gets worse from there.

8timechamps
12/4/2011, 06:27 PM

LOL...I think that's true for call-in show participants in general.

StoopTroup
12/4/2011, 06:27 PM
And there is ZERO reasoning with those folks. None of which are NCAA coaches, and all of which purport to know a "better way".

I don't know if there is a better way....I do know we really have a whole lot of problems on Offense and Defense this year and it was apparent that Bob really tried to fix Special Teams this year. Was it to much of an expense? I guess he needs to decide that. I have always gone with the Leave the Damn HC Alone. That should have been done at Texas Tech and Kansas.

I don't get this whole Fire a Coach attitude. I didn't when they did it to Switzer and I didn't when they did it to Gibbs. Not so much when John Blake and SmellsofBourbon came here. That was pretty obvious that they weren't what OU needed then.

8timechamps
12/4/2011, 06:30 PM
I don't know if there is a better way....I do know we really have a whole lot of problems on Offense and Defense this year and it was apparent that Bob really tried to fix Special Teams this year. Was it to much of an expense? I guess he needs to decide that. I have always gone with the Leave the Damn HC Alone. That should have been done at Texas Tech and Kansas.

I don't get this whole Fire a Coach attitude. I didn't when they did it to Switzer and I did it when they did it to Gibbs. Not so much when john Blake and SmellsofBourbon came here. That was pretty obvious that they weren't what OU needed then.

Nah, there's not. I trust Coach Stoops, and I trust that he'll make the changes that need to be made. The funny thing is I think the majority of people barking for coaches to be fired weren't around (or weren't as invested) when Blake and Smelly were at OU. It really does force you to look at things in a different light.

C&CDean
I'd be williing to bet money on it...(apparently stoops is a retard too, he said he would entertain the idea of staff changes) what a moron!

Why don't we have a poll that says "do you think OU needs staff changes" I can guarantee the answer would be 70% or above

This ain't about "staff changes" and you know it. Stop acting silly. It's about firing one coach. One single coach has become the lightning rod, the whipping boy, the outcast, the guilty, the evil to a few knuckleheads. A few have even escalated their seething stupidity to include firing the head coach as well.

Do we need changes at OU? ****in' A we do. I trust that Bob will make the appropriate changes and we'll move on. Fortunately, a lot of retards won't be happy with the result.

StoopTroup
Seriously? The guy calling out people with vulgarity, telling me to "shut my hole" is going to lecture the forum in the ways of civil discourse.

ST, this is a forum that people share ideas and opinions. People wanting a part of the staff fired are voicing their opinion (an opinion shared by most sooner fans). Most believe a valid one at that. I don't want to fight at all, but this stuff drives me crazy. Hypocrisy at its finest.

For the record, I think Stoops is an awesome coach and we have enjoyed success beyond most of our expectations since 99. That being said, believing that OU should do better than what they have recently done and stating solutions that one believes will help the team is what the forum is there for. What I don't think is appropriate for the forum is those stating vulgarities and telling those of whom he or she disagrees with to "shut their hole"

This isnt' a meltdown, people are voicing their opinion because the team has some major issues. The staff is probably going to have a meeting about them monday...

I agree that I did tell you you should shut your pie hole but I did it to keep you from being called a retard.

StoopTroup
12/4/2011, 06:42 PM
Nah, there's not. I trust Coach Stoops, and I trust that he'll make the changes that need to be made. The funny thing is I think the majority of people barking for coaches to be fired weren't around (or weren't as invested) when Blake and Smelly were at OU. It really does force you to look at things in a different light.

Damn straight it does. I wouldn't have the Season Tickets I do if it wasn't for those years and my and my Brothers loyalty to the University. I and my Family have had so many really good times that I can't begin to even talk about them all. Things at OU are always changing. Folks thought that hiring Lon Kruger was a bad move but letting Jeff Capel was the right thing to do. There were huge problems on the Team. Now does that mean Stoops should be fired because we have had some problems with players? Absolutely not. Bob has a lot of guys to keep tabs on and we have to believe that most of them are very capable to always do the right thing and not put themselves or the School or their fellow Players in a bad light or risky behavior. Bob has always self reported and even kicked a really good QB off the squad. He's shown he won't put up with any of that BS even if it cost him some Football Games. Since OU Football is such as huge spectacle....it's important to have a guy like Stoops that helps to set the tone for all of the Coaching Staffs at OU and the players who play for them.

ObiKaTony
12/4/2011, 06:42 PM
This ain't about "staff changes" and you know it. Stop acting silly. It's about firing one coach. One single coach has become the lightning rod, the whipping boy, the outcast, the guilty, the evil to a few knuckleheads. A few have even escalated their seething stupidity to include firing the head coach as well.

Do we need changes at OU? ****in' A we do. I trust that Bob will make the appropriate changes and we'll move on. Fortunately, a lot of retards won't be happy with the result.

I think the last paragraph I couldn't have said better myself... Yes, I heard some morons saying last night J Heuple is an idiot blah blah... I just think there is just too much evidence not to "let go" of most of our special teams and D coaches.

ObiKaTony
12/4/2011, 06:45 PM
Damn straight it does. I wouldn't have the Season Tickets I do if it wasn't for those years and my and my Brothers loyalty to the University. I and my Family have had so many really good times that I can't begin to even talk about them all. Things at OU are always changing. Folks thought that hiring Lon Kruger was a bad move but letting Jeff Capel was the right thing to do. There were huge problems on the Team. Now does that mean Stoops should be fired because we have had some problems with players? Absolutely not. Bob has a lot of guys to keep tabs on and we have to believe that most of them are very capable to always do the right thing and not put themselves or the School or their fellow Players in a bad light or risky behavior. Bob has always self reported and even kicked a really good QB off the squad. He's shown he won't put up with any of that BS even if it cost him some Football Games. Since OU Football is such as huge spectacle....it's important to have a guy like Stoops that helps to set the tone for all of the Coaching Staffs at OU and the players who play for them.

Finally!!! I agree with ST!!!

aero
12/4/2011, 06:49 PM
I haven't read every post or thread so maybe I'm missing some good stuff. I haven't interpreted any meltdown nor anyone saying they know more about football or running a program than Stoops. But that doesn't mean people can't see with their own eyes or have opinions. Sometimes, many times, the average viewer sees things better than the people in the middle of things. Much of what people are complaining about didn't just pop up this year but rather an ongoing theme for the past several years. It's the old Einstein quote about doing the same thing time after time and expecting different results. OU is not your average college football team and if you think what's been going on the last few years is acceptable at LSU or Bama or a handful of other top teams then you truly are a pumper and will be content to beat creampuffs each year early on only to get exposed toward the end and break out the old "can't win em all every year" mantra. Don't define us or put us all in a box. I would guess most of us don't want Stoops to go anywhere but DO want some personnel change. OU is still respected but we've had some failures in recent years that seem to be starting to define us. It would be nice to step up and deliver for a change and that's doubtful with at least a few of the current members in charge. That's not a meltdown. That's a realistic evaluation of the state of the program.

SoonerMom2
12/4/2011, 06:54 PM
We wouldn't have our season tickets if not for Blake either. We sat through two years of misery before he was fired after moving here when Kelly AFB was closing. Then came Stoops and we went nuts for a 7-5 season yet we lost the bowl game.

Sometimes things happen and a season is not like you wanted but I will take Stoops and company 100 times over sitting in the stands in the cold with snow from the night before getting beat down by A&M at night! I told my kids if the players can play we and about 20 others in our section can stay and cheer for them. We stayed and the rest is history.

Not every season goes like you want -- this one started off bad before the season even started. Injury bug hit us again. If the NCAA wants to do something, do away with that old turf or the school can play no home games.

C&CDean
12/4/2011, 06:58 PM
I think the last paragraph I couldn't have said better myself... Yes, I heard some morons saying last night J Heuple is an idiot blah blah... I just think there is just too much evidence not to "let go" of most of our special teams and D coaches.

Dude, the offense sucked equally bad. And last time I checked, we don't have a ST coach. If I was to criticize Stoops, this would probably be my biggest beef. Remember when we used to run back punts/kickoffs? Block punts? Cover kickoffs and punts? Fake field goals and punts? I sure as hell do and we haven't even tried to block a punt in at least 2-3 years. "WTF is up with that ****?" would be my primary question to Bob.

Midtowner
12/4/2011, 07:00 PM
OU is not your average college football team and if you think what's been going on the last few years is acceptable at LSU or Bama or a handful of other top teams then you truly are a pumper and will be content to beat creampuffs each year early on only to get exposed toward the end and break out the old "can't win em all every year" mantra.

Are you kidding? OU plays for BCS bowls all the time, wins the conference title more often than not, etc. LSU nor Bama, though recently successful can't even say that.

Talking with some of you folks is about as good a use of time as pounding sand. Things are just fine.

SoonerorLater
12/4/2011, 07:09 PM
I think people intuitively understand that fans are going to be frustrated after a bad loss preceded by a frustrating season. And where better to release their frustrations than the neighborhood message board. After all the smoke clears and the knees stop jerking I think the majority opinion would be that changes need to be made and Stoops is the guy that can get it done.

8timechamps
12/4/2011, 07:12 PM
I haven't read every post or thread so maybe I'm missing some good stuff. I haven't interpreted any meltdown nor anyone saying they know more about football or running a program than Stoops. But that doesn't mean people can't see with their own eyes or have opinions. Sometimes, many times, the average viewer sees things better than the people in the middle of things. Much of what people are complaining about didn't just pop up this year but rather an ongoing theme for the past several years. It's the old Einstein quote about doing the same thing time after time and expecting different results. OU is not your average college football team and if you think what's been going on the last few years is acceptable at LSU or Bama or a handful of other top teams then you truly are a pumper and will be content to beat creampuffs each year early on only to get exposed toward the end and break out the old "can't win em all every year" mantra. Don't define us or put us all in a box. I would guess most of us don't want Stoops to go anywhere but DO want some personnel change. OU is still respected but we've had some failures in recent years that seem to be starting to define us. It would be nice to step up and deliver for a change and that's doubtful with at least a few of the current members in charge. That's not a meltdown. That's a realistic evaluation of the state of the program.

That's a realistic evaluation to you, not to everyone else. "content to beat creampuffs"? What? If anything, the Sooners have been the leader in the conference with scheduling difficult OOC opponents. Not to mention that schedules are created years in advance of any player on the current roster. There's also a big difference in having a "can't win 'em all" mantra and a "WE CANNOT ACCEPT 10 WINS A YEAR!!!". In truth, you can't win 'em all. And we are in the mix more than any other team in the land. I'm content with that.

I respect your opinion, but I certainly don't agree with it.

8timechamps
12/4/2011, 07:13 PM
I think people intuitively understand that fans are going to be frustrated after a bad loss preceded by a frustrating season. And where better to release their frustrations than the neighborhood message board. After all the smoke clears and the knees stop jerking I think the majority opinion would be that changes need to be made and Stoops is the guy that can get it done.

Well said. I can agree with that.

StoopTroup
12/4/2011, 07:17 PM
We wouldn't have our season tickets if not for Blake either. We sat through two years of misery before he was fired after moving here when Kelly AFB was closing. Then came Stoops and we went nuts for a 7-5 season yet we lost the bowl game.

Sometimes things happen and a season is not like you wanted but I will take Stoops and company 100 times over sitting in the stands in the cold with snow from the night before getting beat down by A&M at night! I told my kids if the players can play we and about 20 others in our section can stay and cheer for them. We stayed and the rest is history.

Not every season goes like you want -- this one started off bad before the season even started. Injury bug hit us again. If the NCAA wants to do something, do away with that old turf or the school can play no home games.

Exactly. People seem to be real anxious for some of us to just follow along with the gang and just start complaining about this and that. Some want so bad to prove they are so right about firing BV. I've been watching this go on here for a few years now. To me it looks like a lot of opportunistic BS and it just gets right down to who Bob decides he needs on his Coaching staff. Even if BV sucked the big one....he's probably more a believer in Brent giving him another #8 Defense next year just like he did in 2008. Defenses reload. Losing Austin was huge and seeing Travis get hurt and then Wort and the early lapses in the secondary this year.....it all came to conclusion last night and for a time in that Game....the Defense had some spirit. After Landry (The Leader on our Offense) started showing signs that he was in trouble The defense kept right on trying to hold off the inevitable that we over came last year with Offense. We all knew that oSu had one of their best Offenses ever this year. Going into it....we all worried about the Defense. I was more worried about the Offense. We had the opportunity to really take ISU down hard the week before and we did an OK job of putting a "W" on the board but playing your Rival on the Road when they have had the year they have, led to the slaughter you saw last night. Guys dropping passes, The turnovers. it was pretty awful to watch.

I still look forward to seeing this Double Home advantage come to an end this year and making the Pokes come to OU. I surely hope that OU is in better shape as seeing to much orange at Owens Field would be a bigger tragedy than what some folks where worried about there not being enough OU Fans in Stoolwater. If it were to me....I'd short those Bastards at oSu 1000 of the 5000 tickets they are due just to screw with them like they did all oSu and OU fans alike the last few years. They need to revisit their ticket policy and IMO the Big XII ought to start penalizing them with short tickets on away games if they don't change the ticket policy.

8timechamps
12/4/2011, 07:26 PM
Exactly. People seem to be real anxious for some of us to just follow along with the gang and just start complaining about this and that. Some want so bad to prove they are so right about firing BV. I've been watching this go on here for a few years now. To me it looks like a lot of opportunistic BS and it just gets right down to who Bob decides he needs on his Coaching staff. Even if BV sucked the big one....he's probably more a believer in Brent giving him another #8 Defense next year just like he did in 2008. Defenses reload. Losing Austin was huge and seeing Travis get hurt and then Wort and the early lapses in the secondary this year.....it all came to conclusion last night and for a time in that Game....the Defense had some spirit. After Landry (The Leader on our Offense) started showing signs that he was in trouble The defense kept right on trying to hold off the inevitable that we over came last year with Offense. We all knew that oSu had one of their best Offenses ever this year. Going into it....we all worried about the Defense. I was more worried about the Offense. We had the opportunity to really take ISU down hard the week before and we did an OK job of putting a "W" on the board but playing your Rival on the Road when they have had the year they have, led to the slaughter you saw last night. Guys dropping passes, The turnovers. it was pretty awful to watch.

I still look forward to seeing this Double Home advantage come to an end this year and making the Pokes come to OU. I surely hope that OU is in better shape as seeing to much orange at Owens Field would be a bigger tragedy than what some folks where worried about there not being enough OU Fans in Stoolwater. If it were to me....I'd short those Bastards at oSu 1000 of the 5000 tickets they are due just to screw with them like they did all oSu and OU fans alike the last few years. They need to revisit their ticket policy and IMO the Big XII ought to start penalizing them with short tickets on away games if they don't change the ticket policy.

Kinda like what Dean said above, I think we know that some changes are in order, it's just that we ("we" meaning those of us that have faith in Stoops) trust Stoops to take care of things.

When I remember sitting in Memorial Stadium watching us fight to get an last second win against Baylor (and that's when Baylor really sucked, as they finished 2-9), it helps me get through the few times we hit a speedbump with Stoops at the wheel.

StoopTroup
12/4/2011, 07:26 PM
That's a realistic evaluation to you, not to everyone else. "content to beat creampuffs"? What? If anything, the Sooners have been the leader in the conference with scheduling difficult OOC opponents. Not to mention that schedules are created years in advance of any player on the current roster. There's also a big difference in having a "can't win 'em all" mantra and a "WE CANNOT ACCEPT 10 WINS A YEAR!!!". In truth, you can't win 'em all. And we are in the mix more than any other team in the land. I'm content with that.

I respect your opinion, but I certainly don't agree with it.

He did hit on this whole Fire Brent Venables thing though. Even though he didn't say it directly it would seem he's on board with the ongoing theme for the past several years. Now the Einstien quote. That's a great one. Einstien also said..."Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

I tend to stay away from the whole Fire Brent Venables thing. I know....it's a lot of cOUrage to do it too. :D

8timechamps
12/4/2011, 07:35 PM
He did hit on this whole Fire Brent Venables thing though. Even though he didn't say it directly it would seem he's on board with the ongoing theme for the past several years. Now the Einstien quote. That's a great one. Einstien also said..."Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

I tend to stay away from the whole Fire Brent Venables thing. I know....it's a lot of cOUrage to do it too. :D

You're courageous in my eyes ST! You're my hero :)

aero
12/4/2011, 07:36 PM
I'll still be a Sooner fan whether any changes are made or not. Love winning the B12 but it ain't the SEC. OOC? Who? Fla St. ? Tell me about our tough OOC. We get all pumped beating weaklings and then B12 teams where the defense is a second thought. Pounding sand? wow. I guess if we don't agree then we just don't get it. Pretty funny some people around here.

8timechamps
12/4/2011, 07:50 PM
I'll still be a Sooner fan whether any changes are made or not. Love winning the B12 but it ain't the SEC. OOC? Who? Fla St. ? Tell me about our tough OOC. We get all pumped beating weaklings and then B12 teams where the defense is a second thought. Pounding sand? wow. I guess if we don't agree then we just don't get it. Pretty funny some people around here.

Don't go into full meltdown just because everyone didn't agree with your opinion. As much as you tried to make it sound like you weren't among the "Fire coach XXX", it still came through.

As for the OOC scheduling, let's take a look:

2011: FSU @ Tallahassee (knock it all you want, but they were a top 5 teams at the time). If you say you weren't worried about that game at the time, then you're not being honest (or you just don't really follow football). The point it, we scheduled a tough opponent, not a creampuff.

2010: FSU, Air Force: Two tough opponents. Surely you don't compare those two teams to those SEC schedule giants like Samford, or even Charleston Southern.

2009: BYU, Miami

2008: Cincinnati, TCU

Etc, etc...

If you're trying to argue that Stoops/Castiglione have scheduled creampuff OOC games, you're not very well tuned in to the college football landscape. Do we play games (like Ball State) every year? Sure, but we don't build an OOC schedule with them.

We're "pretty funny people around here" because we don't profess to be better than Coach Stoops. We also realize that the team that played last night is not the same team that entered the KSU game, and like it or not, injuries really affected us this year.

We may be sunshine pumpers, but we're smart enough to know we aren't smart enough to know more than Stoops.

SyN
12/4/2011, 08:04 PM
I would really like to talk to all the high school kids that have commited to OU and the recruits who have give OU verbals... as well as the ones who were considering OU and ask them what there thoughts are about this season.... Just to get a feel for if these kids really think and want in their future... And if this program is going in the right direction to meet their goals...

Midtowner
12/4/2011, 08:09 PM
Yep. I'll take Stoops over any other coach in the country. No funny business with NCAA violations, honor, integrity, etc. And also he wins lots of football games. We're never going to get back to the way it was many years ago. The game has changed, there's a whole lot more parity with scholarship limits, etc.

In short, it ain't broke.

C&CDean
12/4/2011, 08:17 PM
I would really like to talk to all the high school kids that have commited to OU and the recruits who have give OU verbals... as well as the ones who were considering OU and ask them what there thoughts are about this season.... Just to get a feel for if these kids really think and want in their future... And if this program is going in the right direction to meet their goals...

Perhaps, if you're lucky, tornado alley will really be tornado alley.

SyN
12/4/2011, 08:21 PM
Perhaps! By the Grace of the AntiChrist himself! Time will Tell!

cccasooner2
12/4/2011, 08:22 PM

WileyCoyote has often been misquoted on this.

C&CDean
12/4/2011, 08:24 PM
Perhaps! By the Grace of the AntiChrist himself! Time will Tell!

ok, bye.

StoopTroup
12/4/2011, 08:36 PM
Don't go into full meltdown just because everyone didn't agree with your opinion. As much as you tried to make it sound like you weren't among the "Fire coach XXX", it still came through.

As for the OOC scheduling, let's take a look:

2011: FSU @ Tallahassee (knock it all you want, but they were a top 5 teams at the time). If you say you weren't worried about that game at the time, then you're not being honest (or you just don't really follow football). The point it, we scheduled a tough opponent, not a creampuff.

2010: FSU, Air Force: Two tough opponents. Surely you don't compare those two teams to those SEC schedule giants like Samford, or even Charleston Southern.

2009: BYU, Miami

2008: Cincinnati, TCU

Etc, etc...

If you're trying to argue that Stoops/Castiglione have scheduled creampuff OOC games, you're not very well tuned in to the college football landscape. Do we play games (like Ball State) every year? Sure, but we don't build an OOC schedule with them.

We're "pretty funny people around here" because we don't profess to be better than Coach Stoops. We also realize that the team that played last night is not the same team that entered the KSU game, and like it or not, injuries really affected us this year.

We may be sunshine pumpers, but we're smart enough to know we aren't smart enough to know more than Stoops.

I pump Crimson and Cream. Good post.

Sooner70
12/4/2011, 08:42 PM
FreshChris05

".......Bob stoops hates oklahoma, and we let him! Bring back John Blake!"

REALLY? How many national championships did Blake win? How many conference championships did Blake win? How many Heisman trophy winners did Blake crank out? How many times did Blake coached teams even make it to the NC game?

AlboSooner
12/4/2011, 08:44 PM
Sunshine pumpers UNITE!!!!

8timechamps
12/4/2011, 08:44 PM
I pump Crimson and Cream. Good post.

I also wear Crimson colored glasses :D

freshchris05
12/5/2011, 05:43 AM
FreshChris05

".......Bob stoops hates oklahoma, and we let him! Bring back John Blake!"

REALLY? How many national championships did Blake win? How many conference championships did Blake win? How many Heisman trophy winners did Blake crank out? How many times did Blake coached teams even make it to the NC game?
Apparently, you don't know how to quote posts or pick up sarcasm....

SoonerTerry
12/5/2011, 10:37 AM

My God, I don't know where to start

TheHumanAlphabet
12/5/2011, 10:56 AM

Hey as I said before, this coaching staff is VERY happy (fat and happy) to go with 1 or 2 loses most years and the occasional 3 or 4 loses. Stoops will not will another National Championship while at OU. Too fat and happy, too many contract extensions and high pay raises. Sooner fans should get ready to enjoy the 1 or 2 loss years and a BCS bowl game or high tier bowl, likely.

Don't get me wrong, Stoops will bring stability, the coaching changes here will be less than other schools and we will have a tightly run ship, players graduating and few thuggy incidents. Not a bad trade off, at least OU will not be winning any Fulmer Cups...

Sooner70
12/7/2011, 06:58 AM
Apparently, you don't know how to quote posts or pick up sarcasm....

Well that's a relief.....at least we all know you weren't serious (about bringing back BLAKE).

Bourbon St Sooner
12/7/2011, 10:12 AM
The only good thing about getting our *** kicked is the entertaining meltdown that comes afterwards. Thanks guys for not disappointing.

Curly Bill
12/7/2011, 10:35 AM
Sunshine pumpers UNITE!!!!

It is kinda cute isn't it? ST, Dean, 8time, all on the same page in lockstep with the company line. ;)

Curly Bill
12/7/2011, 10:36 AM
Oh..and you're a retard for not marching along with them! As am I, I guess. LOLOLOLOL

soonerloyal
12/7/2011, 10:44 AM
Steps in a Soonerloyal Meltdown*:

1) Sooners screw the pooch.
2) a. I gesture maniacally & scream useless advice/insults at the screen in a vain attempt to change the course of an activity I cannot possibly influence, or
b. I walk out of the room in disgust and start reading a book, avoiding the smirks of my nerdy husband who helpfully informs me for the gazillionth time in three decades that "Sports are barbaric". Whereas I hit the SOB in the tenderest spot within reach. A**hole.
3) I glance on Soonerfans to see the degree of pissed/heartbreak/shock/off-the-bandwagon body thumps/resignation/troll drool. I read a bit, then shake my head.
4) I spend a few moments considering how much I love my Sooners and reminding myself that my boys came back unharmed from war zones, and that in the scheme of Big and Little, one in the L column doesn't rate nearly as high as I might think.
5) I arrive at the State of Meh and I resume my life.
6) Above actions shall not take longer than 6 hours.

MEH. I'll leave the dissection of who/what/where/why/how to y'all. I'm sure if it can be fixed by people outside the program, you guys are the ones most capable of pulling it off.

*Disclaimer: Exceptions were the NC game people refer to as TGOWWDNS and inexplicably the 2009 loss to Texas. The former made me cry for hours and the latter I sorrowfully got ****faced and had to be put to bed. You'd think the reactions would've been reversed, but WTF, I had a brainfart.

SoonerTerry
12/7/2011, 10:55 AM
Great post Loyal

Spek

FtwTxSooner
12/7/2011, 12:19 PM

The tough thing about scheduling opponents is it happens so far in advance, you have no idea how the team would turn out. FSU wasn't that good this year, though at least they have the reputation of being a good team. We have Tennessee coming up. They've been great, but currently they are down.

The best you can do is schedule an opponent that seems to regularly spend time in the top 25. Even then, ist no guarantee they'll be any good when you play them.

A Sooner in Texas
12/7/2011, 08:30 PM
Steps in a Soonerloyal Meltdown*:

1) Sooners screw the pooch.
2) a. I gesture maniacally & scream useless advice/insults at the screen in a vain attempt to change the course of an activity I cannot possibly influence, or
b. I walk out of the room in disgust and start reading a book, avoiding the smirks of my nerdy husband who helpfully informs me for the gazillionth time in three decades that "Sports are barbaric". Whereas I hit the SOB in the tenderest spot within reach. A**hole.
3) I glance on Soonerfans to see the degree of pissed/heartbreak/shock/off-the-bandwagon body thumps/resignation/troll drool. I read a bit, then shake my head.
4) I spend a few moments considering how much I love my Sooners and reminding myself that my boys came back unharmed from war zones, and that in the scheme of Big and Little, one in the L column doesn't rate nearly as high as I might think.
5) I arrive at the State of Meh and I resume my life.
6) Above actions shall not take longer than 6 hours.

MEH. I'll leave the dissection of who/what/where/why/how to y'all. I'm sure if it can be fixed by people outside the program, you guys are the ones most capable of pulling it off.

*Disclaimer: Exceptions were the NC game people refer to as TGOWWDNS and inexplicably the 2009 loss to Texas. The former made me cry for hours and the latter I sorrowfully got ****faced and had to be put to bed. You'd think the reactions would've been reversed, but WTF, I had a brainfart.

How are you in my brain???? This sounds just like me, except for the husband part and the State of Meh. I think of mine more as a State of Zen. It's taken me decades to reach it, but I finally achieved it this season.

mdklatt
12/7/2011, 08:42 PM
Some people put waaaaay too much importance on what a bunch of 20-year-olds do.

picasso
12/7/2011, 08:52 PM
Some people put waaaaay too much importance on what a bunch of 20-year-olds do.
Brandon Weeden is 28. Which makes him nearly a man in today's society.

C&CDean
12/7/2011, 09:06 PM
It is kinda cute isn't it? ST, Dean, 8time, all on the same page in lockstep with the company line. ;)

Well I'll take that company any day vs. marty, ****tard the crosseyed clownboy, and the wannabe Ronnie Reagan fellater.