PDA

View Full Version : Coaches/AP Poll still have Alabama #2

HolaKyle
12/4/2011, 02:46 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/week/15

HolaKyle
12/4/2011, 02:48 PM
The following is the coach's Poll (the only one that matters)
USA Today Coaches' Poll
RK TEAM RECORD PTS PVS
1 LSU (59) 13-0 1475 1
2 Alabama 11-1 1399 2
3 Oklahoma State 11-1 1367 5
4 Stanford 11-1 1286 4
5 Oregon 11-2 1232 7
6 Boise State 11-1 1128 8
7 Arkansas 10-2 1112 10
8 Wisconsin 11-2 1085 12
9 South Carolina 10-2 971 13
10 Kansas State 10-2 878 15
11 Virginia Tech 11-2 835 3
12 Michigan 10-2 789 16
13 Michigan State 10-3 735 9
14 Clemson 10-3 657 21
15 TCU 10-2 631 17
16 Baylor 9-3 599 18
17 Houston 12-1 542 6
18 Georgia 10-3 538 14
19 Oklahoma 9-3 437 11
20 Nebraska 9-3 402 19
21 Southern Miss 11-2 366 23
22 West Virginia 9-3 278 20
23 Penn State 9-3 189 22
24 Cincinnati 9-3 94 25
25 Florida State 8-4 68 24
Others receiving votes: Brigham Young 20, Northern Illinois 14, Missouri 11, Georgia Tech 10, Arkansas State 9, Notre Dame 9, Virginia 5, Louisiana Tech 2, Rutgers 1, Texas 1

SOONER44EVER
12/4/2011, 02:54 PM
Sadly..............the coaches are wrong.

delhalew
12/4/2011, 02:57 PM
That is really close. I have serious doubts about the Harris poll closing the gap. It's a real shame.

LiveLaughLove
12/4/2011, 03:02 PM
That sucks for OSU. Bama had their chance AT HOME and didnt get it done. Guess the regular season doesnt mean anything.

We really screwed OSU by losing to Baylor. Whooping our butts is no big deal this year.

SoonerKnight
12/4/2011, 03:05 PM
Forgive me if I am not sad for them. But I think it is stupid to allow the BCS to become an even bigger joke than it is by allowing the same conference teams to play for the MNC! That is wrong and not fair to anyone. OSU deserves a shot and should be allowed to play. Alabama will not get it done and we will have a bigger stink left this year.

delhalew
12/4/2011, 03:12 PM
Forgive me if I am not sad for them. But I think it is stupid to allow the BCS to become an even bigger joke than it is by allowing the same conference teams to play for the MNC! That is wrong and not fair to anyone. OSU deserves a shot and should be allowed to play. Alabama will not get it done and we will have a bigger stink left this year.

Right. When I say it's a shame, I'm not crying for the pokes. More that I am lamenting the forfeiture of what little integrity college football had left after this nightmarish season.

StoopTroup
12/4/2011, 03:15 PM
LOL....It just goes to show, You can have all the feelings you want but reality is a bitch. Don't lose to ISU if you want respect.

Don't lose to Texas Tech, Baylor or Oklahoma State smack here

BigTip
12/4/2011, 03:16 PM
Shows that the "omg, anyone but an SEC team again" crowd is over shadowed by the "it's only OSU, we can't take them seriously" crowd.

delhalew
12/4/2011, 03:20 PM
LOL....It just goes to show, You can have all the feelings you want but reality is a bitch. Don't lose to ISU if you want respect.

Don't lose to Texas Tech, Baylor or Oklahoma State smack here

Good grief. That's not what this about. This is about the voters anointing their chosen ones...damn the torpedoes.

OU_Sooners75
12/4/2011, 03:21 PM
Good grief. That's not what this about. This is about the voters anointing their chosen ones...damn the torpedoes.

LOL

StoopTroup
12/4/2011, 03:21 PM
Right. When I say it's a shame, I'm not crying for the pokes. More that I am lamenting the forfeiture of what little integrity college football had left after this nightmarish season.

I think that's where folks continue to miss the Greatness that is College Football. Where else can you have so many folks argueing over who is best than College Football? You can go to the NFL if you want. Seats are expensive and if your Team does actually go to a Playoff or the Super Bowl...checkout the prices of those Playoff Tickets and good damn luck getting a ticket to the Super Bowl.

It sucks our guys finished poorly but all in all....this is a great Finish. You aren't supposed to have a perfect Season. When someone does....that's what makes is Special. I know for a fact that 2000 was Special for me. Hell....so was 2008. I saw a great Game against phlorida. It sucked we lost but we did lose to a damn NCAA Legend. Folks can continue to trash or hate Tebow but the dude is still doing his own thing and making it work.

SOONER44EVER
12/4/2011, 03:23 PM
I think that's where folks continue to miss the Greatness that is College Football. Where else can you have so many folks argueing over who is best than College Football? You can go to the NFL if you want. Seats are expensive and if your Team does actually go to a Playoff or the Super Bowl...checkout the prices of those Playoff Tickets and good damn luck getting a ticket to the Super Bowl.

It sucks our guys finished poorly but all in all....this is a great Finish. You aren't supposed to have a perfect Season. When someone does....that's what makes is Special. I know for a fact that 2000 was Special for me. Hell....so was 2008. I saw a great Game against phlorida. It sucked we lost but we did lose to a damn NCAA Legend. Folks can continue to trash or hate Tebow but the dude is still doing his own thing and making it work. We didn't lose to Tebow. We lost to Kevin Wilson.

OU_Sooners75
Yeah, because let me tell you having human polls deciding who should play for a championship is pure greatness.

BermudaSooner
Guys, the difference that OSU made up on Bammer looks like it will be enough. They will have a sizeable lead on them in the computers, and just need to be close in the human polls. They are much closer than last week thanks to V Tech losing and our inability to show up. It will not be a rematch--OSU will make it.

StoopTroup
12/4/2011, 03:26 PM
They have tried it the AP Way....The Coaches way....the BCS way....they have tweaked this and they have tweaked that....

The one thing that is consistent is....just what Stoops has continued to believe. Win and and you are probably gonna get a shot at a National Championship.

BigTip
I think that's where folks continue to miss the Greatness that is College Football. Where else can you have so many folks argueing over who is best than College Football?

Sure, that's entertaining, but so is arguing going into March Madness who should be in what bracket, then filling out your own in the office March Madness pool. We will always find entertainment in college football. But having a bad taste in your mouth because a certain team got hosed is not fun.

delhalew
The facts are laid out clearly. Bama getting the nod is nothing more than being hypnotized by a pretty crimson helmet. As a Soonerfans, I can sympathize. That doesn't make it right.

StoopTroup
12/4/2011, 03:28 PM
Sure, that's entertaining, but so is arguing going into March Madness who should be in what bracket, then filling out your own in the office March Madness pool. We will always find entertainment in college football. But having a bad taste in your mouth because a certain team got hosed is not fun.

Which certain Team got hosed?

delhalew
12/4/2011, 03:31 PM
Which certain Team got hosed?

Now you're just being ridiculous.

cccasooner2
12/4/2011, 03:33 PM

It sucks our guys finished poorly but all in all....this is a great Finish. You aren't supposed to have a perfect Season. When someone does....that's what makes is Special. I know for a fact that 2000 was Special for me. Hell....so was 2008. I saw a great Game against phlorida. It sucked we lost but we did lose to a damn NCAA Legend. Folks can continue to trash or hate Tebow but the dude is still doing his own thing and making it work.

I don't understand what the comparison is all about with the NFL. The NFL has a playoff as well as every college division except division 1. Are you saying college (div. 1) football is great because we can always lie to one another in making bull**** claims?

StoopTroup
12/4/2011, 03:42 PM
I don't understand what the comparison is all about with the NFL. The NFL has a playoff as well as every college division except division 1. Are you saying college (div. 1) football is great because we can always lie to one another in making bull**** claims?

Do you seriously think oSu or Bama can beat LSU? They are gonna walk away with the MNC. oSu will be a blowout if they show up with their ISU Team and if Bama won....you'd still have a tie.

yermom
12/4/2011, 03:52 PM
They have tried it the AP Way....The Coaches way....the BCS way....they have tweaked this and they have tweaked that....

The one thing that is consistent is....just what Stoops has continued to believe. Win and and you are probably gonna get a shot at a National Championship.

what they have done is tweaked and tweaked to where the computers are just there for show

delhalew
12/4/2011, 04:00 PM
Do you seriously think oSu or Bama can beat LSU? They are gonna walk away with the MNC. oSu will be a blowout if they show up with their ISU Team and if Bama won....you'd still have a tie.

Anybody can win a game. Anytime. Forgetting how completely irrelevant that is, there is one Oklahoma team that carries themselves like winners. Like it or not, it ain't us.

End of the day, having the most impressive loss is no way to get to a championship game. Victories over quality opponents, that is the criteria the media usually uses in the courtship of the SEC. This year they have been forced to flip the script.

cccasooner2
12/4/2011, 04:11 PM

Tie? Under the BCS process depending on who is selected, if OSU shows up with their ISU team, LSU wins and LSU is tBCS champion, if Bama wins vs LSU, then Bama is tBCS champion. If LSU walks away with the trophy they are the champions. What tie scenario did I overlook?