PDA

View Full Version : So what are the solutions?

OU_Sooners75
12/4/2011, 02:05 PM
I am not asking this to turn into a fire this coach or hire this coach thread.

What are the solutions to the problems we have seen the last several years?

My opinion:

It is time to abandon this damn hurry up spread offense crap. It is time to utilize the talent we do have on offense. I think Landry Jones would a much better decision maker if he didn't have to hurry up and throw every down. We need to go back to the 2003 or 2004 type of offense that could run the ball with power and vigor and that was also able to pass at will.

I would like to see more of a pro set offense once again. An offense that can wear down the defenses we face. A offense that can take 10 minutes drives and score from 1 yard out. A offense that doesn't need to bring in a new QB to gain a couple of yards!

Defense...I am not that big of a defensive mind...but I do understand that you cannot play a soft zone and rush just three players against a true spread offense. To beat the spread you have to be physical and aggressive. Sure, there will be times were the offense may beat you with a big play...but it will happen at a rate less than we are currently seeing.

We need a defense that has the middle covered and the deep taken care of. We need a defense that knows how to blitz and how react and play without thinking too much.

Simply put, we need a defense that is simplified yet not vanilla.

pphilfran
12/4/2011, 02:10 PM
They need a Harris or McCoy...

A tackle that needs double teams would keep the o linemen from getting to the second level and tying up the linebackers...

pphilfran
12/4/2011, 02:12 PM
On offense I am a ball control kind of guy so you would hate me as an o coordinator...

CU Sooner
12/4/2011, 02:17 PM
I agree with slowing downt the offense. Instead of running the fast break all the time, mix it up. I was saying last night while watching the game that this year we morphed into a true spread offense. Very rarely were we not in the gun. I have been more disappointed with the offense than the defense. That being said, we have got to get some agile 330lb DT's. We have gone strictly to speed and our LB's have not been good enough to shed blocks. We really need to change our mentality and get away from the finesse crap.

cantwait48
12/4/2011, 02:17 PM
I would like to see us either stay in the spread and start running the zone read or whatever it is called with a more mobile QB or just scrap the spread and run more of a Bama or LSU type offense. To do the latter we would need to hire different offensive coaches. I know the Bama and LSUs QBs suck but what if one of our QBs like Landry or Sam played with a Oline and running game like LSU or Bama have this year, they would be unstoppable.

OU_Sooners75
12/4/2011, 02:18 PM
On offense I am a ball control kind of guy so you would hate me as an o coordinator...

There is nothing wrong with ball control offense...as long as it is not 2001 ball control...lol

wishbonesooner
12/4/2011, 03:45 PM
Coaching changes or not, I think the way athletes are treated at OU should change. Let's get rid of all the cushy furniture in the locker and get some folding chairs. Let's rip all the XBox's and WII's out. Let's take the names off the jerseys and start in spring ball telling the players they have to earn all that other stuff. If you're gonna get beat, you at least honor the school and the uniform and play hard to the end or go somewhere else. OU has turned in to a soft team, just like Texas has become soft.

StoopTroup
12/4/2011, 03:51 PM
Defense...I am not that big of a defensive mind...

heh

SoonerorLater
12/4/2011, 04:04 PM
I would scrap the hurry up. The trouble with our offense is that it puts way too much burden on the QB to carry the day. We ran it well with Sam Bradford but you can't count on on having the number 1 pick in the NFL draft running your offense. Landry Jones is a good college QB but right now he's taking a lot of flak for what is essentially "not being Sam Bradford". As a matter of fact I would go so far to say that Landry Jones has done an excellent job considering we don't have anything that could be described as an effective running game. If you think about it, what he is being asked to do is go out and throw for about 400 yards and 6 or 7 touchdowns a game. How many guys can do that?

StoopTroup
12/4/2011, 04:07 PM
I would scrap the hurry up. The trouble with our offense is that it puts way too much burden on the QB to carry the day. We ran it well with Sam Bradford but you can't count on on having the number 1 pick in the NFL draft running your offense. Landry Jones is a good college QB but right now he's taking a lot of flak for what is essentially "not being Sam Bradford". As a matter of fact I would go so far to say that Landry Jones has done an excellent job considering we don't have anything that could be described as an effective running game. If you think about it, what he is being asked to do is go out and throw for about 400 yards and 6 or 7 touchdowns a game. How many guys can do that?

Holy ****, You've done it now. No...next Year The BellDozer is gonna Rush for over 4000 yards. :D ;)

8timechamps
12/4/2011, 04:32 PM
Coaching changes or not, I think the way athletes are treated at OU should change. Let's get rid of all the cushy furniture in the locker and get some folding chairs. Let's rip all the XBox's and WII's out. Let's take the names off the jerseys and start in spring ball telling the players they have to earn all that other stuff. If you're gonna get beat, you at least honor the school and the uniform and play hard to the end or go somewhere else. OU has turned in to a soft team, just like Texas has become soft.

You do realize that every big time program in America treats their players the same way right? The only thing that would accomplished by making it the way you want, is that landing recruits would become harder.

cccasooner2
12/4/2011, 04:42 PM
You do realize that every big time program in America treats their players the same way right? The only thing that would accomplished by making it the way you want, is that landing recruits would become harder.

Yeah, but at least those 1-stars would not be a bunch of pampered namby-pamby jackwagons.

Soonerus
12/4/2011, 05:07 PM
We end up using most of the play clock on most downs, not really a "hurry up"...

SOONER44EVER
12/4/2011, 05:11 PM
We end up using most of the play clock on most downs, not really a "hurry up"... It's the hurry up and wait. Hurry up to the line and wait for the defense to get set.

C&CDean
We end up using most of the play clock on most downs, not really a "hurry up"...

It's the hurry up and wait offense. I too am getting tired of it.

StoopTroup

That bothered me too until I realized it was probably the right thing to do most of the time. Teams are getting much better dealing with our and other Schools who are using hurry up Offenses. If you don't we all know you won't be Coaching much longer these days. I think Josh did a pretty good job with Landry most of the time in getting him to pull off and make adjustments.

I'd love to see our Hurry up work but the Players weren't sold into it all of the time. When they were....we usually killed though.

Ithink one of the things that bothered me was when a Team used the hurry up on us and our Defense couldn't stop them at times. How the hell does that happen? Maybe it goes back to the Offense and that we sucked at running the hurry up?

C&CDean
Beat me to the punch.

SOONER44EVER
12/4/2011, 05:12 PM
That bothered me too until I realized it was probably the right thing to do most of the time. Teams are getting much better dealing with our and other Schools who are using hurry up Offenses. If you don't we all know you won't be Coaching much longer these days. I think Josh did a pretty good job with Landry most of the time in getting him to pull off and make adjustments.

I'd love to see our Hurry up work but the Players weren't sold into it all of the time. When they were....we usually killed. The hurry up works when they hurry. Notice the last drive of the first half? They were actually hurrying.

SOONER44EVER
12/4/2011, 05:13 PM
Beat me to the punch. Every dog has his day. Heh!

SoonerorLater
12/4/2011, 05:27 PM
The trouble I have is that I'm not convinced that the hurry up, net-net does much for us. When you have players that are flexible and can be moved from position to position in multiple sets without effectiveness dropping off then I can see where it's an option. Do we really have those kind of guys right now? Millard maybe, beyond that not so much.

cccasooner2
12/4/2011, 05:33 PM

I'd love to see our Hurry up work but the Players weren't sold into it all of the time. When they were....we usually killed though.

Ithink one of the things that bothered me was when a Team used the hurry up on us and our Defense couldn't stop them at times. How the hell does that happen? Maybe it goes back to the Offense and that we sucked at running the hurry up?

BV told them to hurry up, but the players said "What?"

BoulderSooner79
12/4/2011, 06:10 PM
The trouble I have is that I'm not convinced that the hurry up, net-net does much for us. When you have players that are flexible and can be moved from position to position in multiple sets without effectiveness dropping off then I can see where it's an option. Do will really have those kind of guys right now? Millard maybe, beyond that not so much.

This the way I feel to. Although I think "hurry up" is a misnomer because that's not what we do most the time. We run a no huddle with the main goal of restricting the other guy from substituting. That is very effective when you get a matchup advantage and the other guy can't do anything about it except burn a timeout (or fake an injury, grrr). When we had Murray/Gresham and Bradford, we had top talent that was extremely flexible. I don't see the big advantages now and there are disadvantages that remain.

8timechamps
12/4/2011, 06:12 PM
Yeah, but at least those 1-stars would not be a bunch of pampered namby-pamby jackwagons.

We bitch and whine when we don't win 12 or 13 games, a roster full of one star recruits might affect that.

MountainOkie
12/4/2011, 07:22 PM
Some hombres with a serious need to hurt the other team on defense. The best defenses have always had a bad attitude.

hawaii 5-0
12/4/2011, 07:55 PM
I agree on the need for a better defense. Too bad Ronnell and Alexander got hurt. Too bad Lewis broke his toe. Too bad we lost Austin Box. Just a bad season for the defense.

I'd like to see a few defensive tackles that demanded double teams. Defensive ends like we had at the start of the season. A handful of Torrence Marshall linebackers. Shutdown corners and safeties like that Meaheu kid from LSU, tho undersized, is a holy terror on the field.

I'm OK with the hurry up offense if run well. I expect Josh to improve on his play calling as time goes.

5-0

cherokeebrewer
12/4/2011, 07:56 PM
Some hombres with a serious need to hurt the other team on defense. The best defenses have always had a bad attitude.
I yearn for another smash mouth defense with a bad attitude...

hawaii 5-0
12/4/2011, 08:00 PM
Double post. Sorry.

5-0

C&CDean
12/4/2011, 08:29 PM
I'd like to see a couple wideouts catch some **** that hit them in the hands. I'd like to see a blocked punt...or 4. I'd like to see a kickoff taken to the house...by us, not them. That's what I'm asking Santa for.

East Coast Bias
12/4/2011, 08:32 PM
I am for staring with the defense as well. We have to find a way to fix the secondary,; we shouldn't have to hold our breath anytime someone drops back to pass. We need to get better players or find someone that knows how to coach them up. Our defensive line is not solid either. Did anyone else notice Walker getting pull-blocked to the sidelines on the run touchdowns? Also I would totally scrap the 3-man front, it is a failed experiment. On offense we have to get back to running the ball, Stoops has this in his blood. The scat-backs are not what we want if we want a power running game. In my book Whaley ,millard and Bell are the model. We have to establish the run to get any separation on pass routes. I would have sent Bell in on the second possession(from midfield) ,let him take 3 downs in a row, see if they could stop him......Let him throw to the tight end after the 3rd first down..

Sooner70
12/4/2011, 10:10 PM
Understand the focus on offense, as the Bedlam game was a fiasco. However, seems to me that the TT & Baylor losses were mainly defense & lacking reliabile kicking game. Scored enough points to win those. Couldn't hold the oppsosing offenses.

Therefore, Bedlam aside, seems to me there needs to be some examination of our defensive schemes. Seems something lacking....like maybe overpowering linebacker & perhaps secondary play. In the Bedlam game, Weedon got absolutely no pressure.

Don't get me wrong. The offense was truly a no show in Bedlam. There's got to be a look at that also. Certainly defense was no show also.

Bottom line is with a coupla things going differently, OU could've beat TT & Baylor. However, Bedlam game was a disaster on both sides of the ball. I refuse to believe OSU's talent is that far above OU's Why did this happen?

OUmillenium
12/4/2011, 10:21 PM
When we give up 30+ pts to a good team, there is a great chance that we lose. Even bigger chance when we give up 40+. This has happened waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too often in the last 6-7 years, but 3 times this year? wow

Sooner5030
12/4/2011, 10:33 PM
you cant fix everything

if you just improve one of: execution, play calling, or emotion then we are looking at BCS or NCG

1. The offensive scheme is not the problem. If you stretch the field it works...if you limit your options by play calling it becomes easy to defend (a big game problem)

2. the hurry up is not the problem. 3 and outs by the D has a stronger correlation to time of possession than hurry up. Stop the other teams O in three plays and you can get the needed rest

3. Out tackling ability sucks and has for awhile now. Too streaky. work on the fundamentals of hitting and wrapping up

4. EMOTION. been lacking for awhile

5. Stop the bleeding! When things go bad.....they go really bad. WTF? Figure out a way to stop the bleeding.....use a GD time out

TFSooner
12/4/2011, 10:38 PM
Didn't read the whole thread, but here are my thoughts. We will simply never win another NC until we adopt the SEC way of recruiting (i.e., over recruit). LSU does it, Alabama does, hell, even Mississippi does it. When coaches over-evaluate a player and there is an opportunity to replace said player with another recruit and not hurt other positions, just don't renew that player's scholarship.

Question is, do we, as fans, want that type of coach/system? I don't. I am content with the system we have. We win more than our fair share of Big XII championships, about every 4 or 5 years play for a national champtionship, but rarely, if ever, win it all because coaches/schools from a conference choose to follow that philosphy.

Just my thoughts.

TFSooner
12/4/2011, 10:42 PM
I'd like to see a couple wideouts catch some **** that hit them in the hands. I'd like to see a blocked punt...or 4. I'd like to see a kickoff taken to the house...by us, not them. That's what I'm asking Santa for.

Pretty hard to block a punt when you don't even TRY to block a punt. Did you see the OSU pressure on our punter last night? Then, the few times OSU had to punt, we remained at the LOS and played patty cake with them. Pathetic the difference in ST approach between the two teams last night.

primetime43
12/5/2011, 08:52 AM
I think after Whaley and Broyles got hurt we should have moved Millard to Tailback and played power football. Start Finch in the slot and give him a few carries a game. We don't have the talent at receiver to throw the ball 50 times a game. It seems pretty obvious that Millard is our best player on offense right now and he still only gets a few touches a game.

prrriiide
12/5/2011, 12:21 PM
1. FIX THE DEFENSE. Everyone on this forum knows my solution for that (if you don't, it involves a length of braided hemp, a tree, and a skittish horse), so I'll leave it at that.

2. Learn how to run-block consistently. Blow the opposition 5 yards back off of the line.

3. Get Millard the ball 25-30 times a game. Maybe even start him at tailback. He might not break a 70-yarder very often, but he'll dang sure move the pile when we need 4 or 5.

4. Fix the entitlement attitude. You do that by not letting it start. When you see it, you call the young man in on the carpet and tell him what is what and if he wants to continue playing at Oklahoma, he better get his chit wired up. Bob has always told us that the little things matter. If you do those things right, the big things take care of themselves. Well, that holds especially true with attitude.

5. Start rescinding privileges for bone-headed play. If you haven't learned your blocking assignment, then you need to be studying the playbook instead of playing X-box.

6. Hire an outside organization or entity that knows championship-caliber football, and have them do a top-to-bottom, in-depth, day-to-day operational evaluation of the program over the course of next season. Then follow their recommendations. Coach the coaches. Can the ones that need canning, jar the ones that need jarring out of whatever ruts they've become accustomed to.

Breadburner
12/5/2011, 12:24 PM
How bout we stay healthy for a year....

NormanPride
12/5/2011, 12:31 PM
We need to evaluate talent better. Our special teams suck because we miss on our recruits so much. Since ST is comprised of backups primarily, the overall success of ST is quite often dictated by how much depth you have. Since our recruiting has been atrocious (mostly at the LB) we don't have good special teams.

soonermix
12/5/2011, 12:33 PM
i would like to see fewer hands go up in the air right before the snap.
it just looks like to me too many confused players pre-snap too often.
maybe it is the sign for oh i got the play and i am in position and ready.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/5/2011, 01:04 PM
5. Start rescinding privileges for bone-headed play. If you haven't learned your blocking assignment, then you need to be studying the playbook instead of playing X-box.

Didn't we already get an NCAA infraction for this in the offseason?

NormanPride
12/5/2011, 01:12 PM
I'd rather see consistent playing time implications for poor play. Harris plays almost an entire game on auto-pilot and stays out there, but Bird plays lights out and never sees the field. That's not on the kids, it's on the coaches.

Of course, we don't know all the reasons they're out there, but bad play at least needs to be punished.

Dan Thompson
12/5/2011, 01:45 PM
Maybe the 2nd string should play when we get ahead by 2 or 3 TDs. If we are ahead by 2 TDs at the beginning of the 4th, then maybe send in the 3rd string. The point is to save the 1st string to fight another day and late in the season.

NormanPride
12/5/2011, 01:54 PM
That's a tough decision because the starters can't get rusty or forget how to play in the fourth.

primetime43
12/5/2011, 02:31 PM
I heard something intersting the other day speaking about the number of key injuries over the years. Take it how you want but i thought it was interesting. We run so many plays that over the course of a year it adds an extra game. Just sayin.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/5/2011, 02:39 PM
2TDs isn't a big enough lead to take starters out early in the 4th..

And we didn't run much hurry up this year, so I don't know about the extra game bit this year...Did we go over 100 plays in any game?

Breadburner
12/5/2011, 02:44 PM
2TDs isn't a big enough lead to take starters out early in the 4th..

And we didn't run much hurry up this year, so I don't know about the extra game bit this year...Did we go over 100 plays in any game?

Unlikely with our awful third down conversion record.....

rainiersooner
12/5/2011, 02:57 PM

Not sure that would help with recruiting. Just by way of example, look at LSU's cushy digs. I think that sort of facility (which is similar to what we have at OU) is the norm for elite programs. I do not think that is a solution. Hell, look how hard it is to recruit at UCLA and Arizona because of their poor facilities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLWagEGQvEE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLWagEGQvEE

rainiersooner
12/5/2011, 02:58 PM
I heard something intersting the other day speaking about the number of key injuries over the years. Take it how you want but i thought it was interesting. We run so many plays that over the course of a year it adds an extra game. Just sayin.

Now that is a very interesting point I hadn't thought about. Anyone have a thought on whether we've had more injuries on offense v. defense?

FtwTxSooner
12/5/2011, 03:01 PM
Over recruit to get more depth. Do not renew scholarships / force tranfers for players who fail to pan out. There are reasons why the SEC wins championships and they aren't necessarly all sunshine and roses.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/5/2011, 03:03 PM
Not renewing part is about to be done away with due to multi year scholarships being available.

BoulderSooner79
12/5/2011, 03:37 PM
Not renewing part is about to be done away with due to multi year scholarships being available.

I would love to see that, but I thought the new rule made multi-year scholarships possible, but not mandatory. Am I wrong on that?

stoops the eternal pimp
12/5/2011, 03:40 PM
They are not mandatory, but at the same time, it's going to be a recruiting tool and I imagine most football recruits are going to make that part of the deal..If you want me, sign me to a multi year scholarship.

SoonerorLater
12/5/2011, 03:44 PM
Now that is a very interesting point I hadn't thought about. Anyone have a thought on whether we've had more injuries on offense v. defense?

Off the top of my head I would say it's been pretty close but we have had some huge ones on offense. Bradford, Gresham, Murray, Peterson, Broyles.

rainiersooner
12/5/2011, 03:48 PM
Off the top of my head I would say it's been pretty close but we have had some huge ones on offense. Bradford, Gresham, Murray, Peterson, Broyles.

Yeah the ones I remember as having the biggest impact were on offense. Ryan Reynolds was a big loss (didn't he go out in the 2008 texas game, which was when they started gashing us in the middle of the field with the mccoy/shipley bromance?)

SoonerorLater
12/5/2011, 04:01 PM
Yep. If I remember they put in Brandon Crow and it wasn't pretty.

The Maestro
12/5/2011, 04:39 PM
We need more guys like this...

http://www.halloffamememorabilia.com/images/products/p-481508-torrance-marshall-autographed-hand-signed-oklahoma-sooners-college-football-8x10-p-hc-1fqeixg9xh.jpg

...less mission trips to Haiti.

SoonerObsession
12/5/2011, 08:40 PM
Our defensive scheme is too soft. I'd like to see a simpler scheme that doesn't always have db's blaming each other for not knowing who they were supposed to cover.

Even though we have had some great passing qb's, it would be nice if every once in a while they could scramble or avoid a guy that weighs twice as much as they do. If a high school qb is not somewhat mobile, don't even bother recruiting him. I love Landry, but I'm pretty sure my fat butt is faster than he is.

8timechamps
12/5/2011, 09:45 PM
Our defensive scheme is too soft. I'd like to see a simpler scheme that doesn't always have db's blaming each other for not knowing who they were supposed to cover.

Even though we have had some great passing qb's, it would be nice if every once in a while they could scramble or avoid a guy that weighs twice as much as they do. If a high school qb is not somewhat mobile, don't even bother recruiting him. I love Landry, but I'm pretty sure my fat butt is faster than he is.

I think this is dead-on accurate.

I think the defensive scheme is too much. When guys are too busy looking to the sidelines while the ball is being snapped, that tells me they are depending on sideline changes too much. I would really like to see a simplified scheme with emphasis on the basics...wrapping up on a tackle for starters.

PLaw
12/5/2011, 10:46 PM
The hurry up works when they hurry. Notice the last drive of the first half? They were actually hurrying.

Yep, going no huddle does not imply hurry up.

I think we need to get stout in the front seven again and bring the pressure. Any pedestrian D-1 QB can light up a D if he has all day to sit back in the pocket.

Our DB's also need to get more physical. I bang my head on the wall when opposing receivers get clean releases off of the line. Simply must disrupt their timing.

Gotta get better and more sound on special teams - and in particular, on kick off coverage.

Time to start working on No. 8.

BOOMER

westcoast_sooner
12/5/2011, 11:11 PM
Seems like the "Hurry-Up" is more about trying to keep the defense from substituting rather than snapping the ball more quickly. That, and the fact that OU averages about 90+ plays a game on offense where a lot of other teams (Bama/LSU) are around 60. We all liked it when it worked, but any time we lose, there are detractors.

I think the solutions are more complex than "get rid of the hurry up" or "take the names off the jerseys". To me, this team lost something (swagger) when they lost to Tech. From that point in the season, they never really played with the confidence they had played with for the first several games (including the RRR). This Sooner team seemed to regress toward the tail end of the season. Whether that had to do with the injuries or with the mental states of the team, or with the coaching staff not putting the game plans together, making the right calls, or getting the players ready, I have no idea. But I think there is a strong coaching component in finding the solutions.

I think on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball, things have to change. Scheme and philosophy have to change. If the hurry-up ain't working, time to change it. If the 50 defense isn't working - or the 3-4 - or whatever, change it. But more importantly, I think the mindset needs to change. This is a team that beat a good Stanford team a couple of years ago in a "down year". And again last year, won the RRR and the Fiesta Bowl.

On offense, perhaps move Finch to WR part of the time - get him the ball in space more. Dom will be back next year and I can see him and B Williams sharing time at tailback. Work on expanding the Belldozer package. His throws so far have been awful, but the kid has to have an arm, let's figure out how to work him in more - because he could end up being our next starter...

On defense, take a look at what the SEC defenses do to spread teams. Miles did a great job against Oregon earlier this year, and it seems like every time a spread time goes up against an SEC defense they get handled. Hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

OUInformant
12/5/2011, 11:21 PM
Simpler, less mechanical defense, which utilizes the athleticism of our talent more. Scrap the finesse spread and run the ball a lot more, better utilizing play-action. I like the hurry-up when we mix up the pace, though I find that it is better to give your guys the time to line up and run right at em'. We have good-great offensive linemen, but we do run a smoke-and-mirrors offense. Landry would be great in this type of offense as you wouldn't have to put as much pressure on his arm.

BoulderSooner79
12/5/2011, 11:34 PM
2 parts lime juice
1 part triple sec
3 part tequila

I like it on the rocks with salt and I add just a splash of fresh OJ.

The Sports Lounge
12/5/2011, 11:36 PM
Sports Lounge 25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF0Yb0YOm4k
- Our reaction to the BCS bowls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE-FWAZmtLo

- Recap of Week 13 in the NFL. Tim Tebow comes back again, this time at Minnesota and Green Bay keeps their perfect season alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNc5trArchI
- Finish our NFL Week 13 recap and how did we do picking last weeks conference title games?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL02WTvaR2w
- Who do we thing will reach the semifinals of the FCS playoffs?

oudavid1
12/6/2011, 12:34 AM
Got my best guy on it right now....

http://blog.maps.nokia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/good-will-hunting.jpg

MamaMia
12/6/2011, 05:41 AM
I would like to see us be able to defend against the pass on an adequate basis

Some agility training such as MA incorporated into our conditioning scheme

I'd like to see our backup players getting playing time when applicable

We need some Antonio Perkins style run backs on KOs for TDs

We have just got to stop getting burned between the damn zones.

I'd like to see a better showing from special teams

We need a less complicated DC

WileyCoyote
12/6/2011, 07:03 AM
I'm not a good X's & O's guy. I'll leave that to the better football minds. But, I can tell you that for a HC to say something like this AFTER the 3rd game (Missouri) this year, gives me the impression a fundamental piece of the champion equation was suspect.

"For whatever reason, there just wasn't quite as much energy and emotion, and that's disappointing in my eyes because I thought we were more mature than that and beyond that," Stoops said.

I don't think that we ever got that fixed and it showed itself for what it was in the oSu game. Once we were hit in the face, we quit.

So, at this point to me, it doesn't matter WHAT kind of D or O schemes & sets you are running in your system. If you don't have ALL the horses pulling in the same direction, you aren't going anywhere but in circles.

The only salvation for this season is to get back up and beat the crap out of Iowa. Champions get knocked down, but they don't get knocked out. We'll see.

BOOMER !!!!!