PDA

View Full Version : Is it time for some coaching changes?

Dan Thompson
12/4/2011, 01:44 PM
I watch SOONER FOOTBALL on Mondays and every time OU loses Bob will say "we were out coached and out played." I bet he says that on Dec 5th.

When was the last time a coach left that did not go to a HC position?

Like someone else said on another post, Bob plays favorites.

What coaches should Bob replace and who should be on the lists to replace them?

Dale Ellis
12/4/2011, 03:07 PM
Venables, Patton and Martinez for sure.

SoonerorLater
12/4/2011, 03:38 PM
If by coaching changes you mean firing and hiring new personnel then maybe they do maybe they don't. I think these guys can coach. I guess Bob would need to evaluate and make changes as necessary.

If by changes you mean coaching philosophy then I think the answer is yes and that starts with the head coach. The reason we run the type of offense and defense we do is because Bob Stoops wants it to be that way. These guys are coaching within the parameters they are given. It just may mean the parameters need to change and not the personnel.

SoonerKnight
12/4/2011, 03:39 PM
Agreed!! Stoops will change things. Will be interesting to find out what changes loom!

prrriiide
12/4/2011, 03:53 PM
Venables, Patton and Martinez for sure.

^^^ What he said^^^

Martinez needs to see fans with torches and pitchforks gathering in his front yard.

I was at a Christmas party last night. One of the other guests is as much a UGA fan as I am a Sooner fan. When I mentioned that Martinez was coaching our secondary, he grimaced like he just took a slug of spoiled milk and said "Why I'm the hell did Stoops hire that sh!+-for-brains?"

SOONER44EVER
12/4/2011, 04:44 PM
Its all the player's faults. Just ask the local media.

C&CDean
12/4/2011, 04:45 PM
Its all the player's faults. Just ask the local media.

Well to their credit, the media actually watches the games and ****. No more coach threads.