PDA

View Full Version : OSU may be in New Orleans.....

SteelClip49
12/4/2011, 01:22 PM
Oklahoma State is #2 in 4 of the 6 computer rankings. According to Jerry Palm, if they are 5 points ahead in Harris Poll, they move to #2 overall in the BCS Standings. Got this from a friend.

Okie35
12/4/2011, 01:31 PM
Good for them. Massacre.

cantwait48
12/4/2011, 01:37 PM
so they would have to finish 5 points ahead of bama? I don't see them being 5 points ahead in the harris poll, obviously they will move ahead of va tech who got drilled and likely ahead of stanford with the blow out win over us but I would think they would stay behind Bama.

yermom
12/4/2011, 03:08 PM
if OSU is #2 in 4 of the 6, and #3 in the other two, you throw out the highest and lowest, so you end up with 2, 2, 2, 3

if my math is right, that is like 24+24+24+23=95/100 possible, which is .95

if Bama is #3 in 4 of the 6, and #2 in the other two, then they would be 3,3,3,2, or 23+23+23+24=93/100 which is .95

a difference of .02

divided by 3 is .00667

they are behind by 32/1475 in the coaches' poll, or 0.02169

divided by 3 that's .00723

so Bama is at worst, .00057 ahead

yermom
12/4/2011, 03:41 PM
i think 111/115 voted Bama #2 last week. from the above math, i think it would need to be something like 60 #2 votes for OSU to 55 #2 votes for Bama

i can't imagine that happens after all the ESPN dorks were pushing the rematch last night

Okie35
12/4/2011, 04:00 PM
i think 111/115 voted Bama #2 last week. from the above math, i think it would need to be something like 60 #2 votes for OSU to 55 #2 votes for Bama

i can't imagine that happens after all the ESPN dorks were pushing the rematch last night

ESPN has the rights to the BCS. ESPN also has an SEC contract. Bama vs. LSU brought in a lot of ratings to CBS. ESPN wants that. I don't care anymore whoever is 1 vs. 2 should play. If its OSU or Bama at 2 then they'llj go on to lose to LSU anyway.

StoopTroup
12/4/2011, 04:20 PM
I still just don't get all the reason for caring. OU ain't in it so I don't really give a ****. If Bama Continued to win every damn game they deserve another shot at it. oSu lost a critical game this year. OU struggled from injuries and was unable to keep the Players believing they were good. The Team oSu beat last night wasn't a typical Sooner Team. The offense was just non-existent and the defense collapsed after the offense basically fumbled away the damn game. You can do that to some teams but oSu waits for this damn game every year. They should be happy about their Conference Championship but it's still soiled with Cyclone.

Bama is gonna probably get the nod and if oSu gets in it's probably the wrong thing to have happen. TCU had a better reason to think they should have been in the MNC against Auburn than oSu does.

It's stacked Bama's way....

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls

If I'm wrong...I'll LMAO but I don't think I am.

8timechamps
12/4/2011, 04:26 PM
I still just don't get all the reason for caring. OU ain't in it so I don't really give a ****. If Bama Continued to win every damn game they deserve another shot at it. oSu lost a critical game this year. OU struggled from injuries and was unable to keep the Players believing they were good. The Team oSu beat last night wasn't a typical Sooner Team. The offense was just non-existent and the defense collapsed after the offense basically fumbled away the damn game. You can do that to some teams but oSu waits for this damn game every year. They should be happy about their Conference Championship but it's still soiled with Cyclone.

Bama is gonna probably get the nod and if oSu gets in it's probably the wrong thing to have happen. TCU had a better reason to think they should have been in the MNC against Auburn than oSu does.

It's stacked Bama's way....

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls

If I'm wrong...I'll LMAO but I don't think I am.

Agreed, I really don't give a **** now. My interest will be toward whatever bowl the Sooners are in. If it happens that OSU does go to the title game, then I might watch, but if it's Bama/LSU, I'm sure I won't watch.

cccasooner2
12/4/2011, 04:27 PM
ESPN has the rights to the BCS. ESPN also has an SEC contract. Bama vs. LSU brought in a lot of ratings to CBS. ESPN wants that. I don't care anymore whoever is 1 vs. 2 should play. If its OSU or Bama at 2 then they'llj go on to lose to LSU anyway.

I think the only thing I wanted to know was who WE were going to face in the BCS CCG. I don't care who is in the CCG if OU is not there (but I will watch the game on TV :) ).

Boomer.....
12/4/2011, 04:27 PM
I hope there is a rematch. I don't want to see aggy make it to the big game.