PDA

View Full Version : The Light is Dimming for Bob Stoops

lexred
12/4/2011, 10:02 AM
Even the most "ardent pumpers" should begin to see that the luster is leaving Bob Stoops time at OU.This is nothing new, it happened to Bud, Barry, Darrel Royal, Bear Bryant, Woody Hayes, and is happening to Mack Brown now. To Macks credit, he has made changes in the coaching staff with uncertain results.

It would be great to think that next year will bring different results, but right now that is hard to imagine. We will have basically have the same players and the incoming class, if the committments hold, will probably only help at wide outs. Next year the Conference might be ever tougher. OSU will probably drop off some, but Texas, KSU, Baylor ( depending on RGIII), and ISU could be better. WE also have to play TT in Lubbock. Adding TCU brings a team that lost 20 senoirs fron the Rose BOwl team, but still had a good year. If WVU is added thye will be a good team. Reason for optimism????

GreenSooner
12/4/2011, 10:07 AM
I would put this less apocalyptically: Stoops has to do something to stir things up and right this ship (sorry for the mixed metaphor). Can he do it? Will he even try?

I still have hope.

But if he doesn't respond--or his response fails--then, and only then, should we start talking about dimming lights.

Sooner in Tampa
12/4/2011, 10:12 AM
I have been a HUGE Bob Stoops supporter...this year...not so much. Complete failures in too many games and on too many different fronts!

wishbonesooner
12/4/2011, 10:24 AM
Bob brought OU football back from the grave. Oklahoma responded and made Bob very wealthy, upgraded the facilities, and made Norman Oklahoma the center of the college football world. Joe C. needs to sit Bob down and have a big time come to Jesus meeting with him. I doubt it happens.

C&CDean
12/4/2011, 10:25 AM
Please do not start any new "fire coach X threads." There's a thousand already to post in.