PDA

View Full Version : OSU fans injured after game...

swardboy
12/4/2011, 07:48 AM
I guess this is what happens when you've never been there before...
STILLWATER – At least 10 Oklahoma State fans were injured during the celebration that followed Saturday night’s Bedlam football game at Boone Pickens Stadium. After the third-ranked Cowboys defeated Oklahoma 44-10, thousands of OSU students and fans jumped onto the field and tore down the goal posts.

During the commotion, several fans were injured. Two fans – apparently seriously injured – were transported to medical facilities by helicopter. Shyla Eggers, the director of public relations for Stillwater Medical Center, said that she was not immediately certain whether those fans were taken to hospitals in Tulsa or Oklahoma City.

Six additional injured fans were transported by ambulance to Stillwater Medical Center, Eggers reported, and two fans were taken to the Stillwater hospital in other vehicles.

The nature and severity of the various injuries are not yet known.

Okla-homey
12/4/2011, 09:19 AM
This sort of thing is common at places that aren't used to winning and where they are enjoying unusual, fluke-y success.

soonerloyal
12/4/2011, 09:21 AM
Prayers sent for complete & quick recoveries.

BigJerm7
12/4/2011, 10:17 AM
I thought you rushed the field when you upset an opponent ranked higher than you?

Jacie
12/4/2011, 10:19 AM
Yeah, I heard a couple of people almost died laughing before it was over . . .

jk the sooner fan
12/4/2011, 10:35 AM
This sort of thing is common at places that aren't used to winning and where they are enjoying unusual, fluke-y success.

fluke-y success> lord - lets not be aggie here - they beat us - they won the conference outright - give them credit - that was no fluke

C&CDean
12/4/2011, 10:39 AM
fluke-y success> lord - lets not be aggie here - they beat us - they won the conference outright - give them credit - that was no fluke

C'mon man, did you read the post? He didn't say the win was flukey, he said they're not used to winning like that/beating us. That IS flukey. Their win against us was no fluke. We played like horse****, and they're pretty damn good.

jk the sooner fan
12/4/2011, 10:42 AM
yes, i read the post - in fact i quoted it

"enjoying unusual flukey success"

i realize he's your buddy - but his comment is what it is.....if osu hadn't gone 9-4, 9-4, 11-2 and 11-1 in the last four years, i'd call their win this year "flukey success"

C&CDean
12/4/2011, 10:44 AM
yes, i read the post - in fact i quoted it

"enjoying unusual flukey success"

i realize he's your buddy - but his comment is what it is.....if osu hadn't gone 9-4, 9-4, 11-2 and 11-1 in the last four years, i'd call their win this year "flukey success"

ok jon...if you say so...

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/4/2011, 10:44 AM
They should act like they've been there before.

Oh wait.

jk the sooner fan
12/4/2011, 10:46 AM
ok jon...if you say so...

how bout for a change you just allow other people to have opinions contrary to your own?

i'll respect your interpretation of his comments....

C&CDean
12/4/2011, 10:48 AM
how bout for a change you just allow other people to have opinions contrary to your own?

i'll respect your interpretation of his comments....

Dude, when's the last time they beat us? What's the overall record between the two teams? Stop being obtuse just for the sake of being obtuse. Them beating us - and beating us like a ****ing drum is flukey. It's an anomoly. How about you let others state the obvious without being dicky about it?

StoopTroup
12/4/2011, 10:52 AM
Flukey win....flukey actions by fans.

jk the sooner fan
12/4/2011, 10:59 AM
perhaps a word other than fluke should have been used - or perhaps some of you dont understand the definition of the word

but in the words of the infamous dean.......meh

yur-out
12/4/2011, 11:01 AM
First thoughts and prayers to those that were injured.

Second, You know what we need around here? A good ole fashion Soonerfans shoe whipping. I'm seeing long time posters being snippy with one another and I'm thinking we just need to get our frustrations out with a shoe whipping!! :s

Jacie
12/4/2011, 11:15 AM
While the end result was not a fluke, strictly speaking, I mean when the players on team A, doesn't matter whether we are talking offense or defense but in OUr case last night it was both, look like a deer in the headlights and get completely schooled by team B, then it is not a fluke.

Now looking at the series as a whole, any win by aggie over the Sooners is a fluke. Most of the time as in a great majority of the time, the image most of us have of your typical OSU fan at the end of this game is Stunned Aggie. There's a reason for that. They almost always go into the stadium hyped up to the gills on adrenaline thinking, "This is the year!" and by the final gun are going, "WTF?"

So let us not tear at each other over simple semantics. The teams played, OUrs got beat, move on.

SoonerMom2
12/4/2011, 11:18 AM
They had 13 injured; two in critical condition -- next that will be the reason for them to be in the National Championship.

Never saw a school that has tragedy that tracks to a school being cheap like OSU who prefer to use donor planes then charter planes and then want everyone to feel bad and vote them higher. But then how many donors are interviewed after a game who threatens an investigation if OSU is not in the national championship like Pickens did last night. Is OU the only school in the Big 12 that gets warned to stay off the field or forfiet our season tickets?

After Pickens interview, they would be the last team I would root for in the BCS Championship because it makes you wonder how much influence he had on Beebe to get us in Stillwater twice in a row.

Sorry but I was not an OSU fan before this game and I am not one after the game. I root for the Sooners but not the conference in bowl games. As for the fans who are hurt, what do you expect when you rush the field.

boomersooner28
12/4/2011, 11:35 AM
Fluke Off :very_drunk:

C&CDean
12/4/2011, 11:37 AM
They had 13 injured; two in critical condition -- next that will be the reason for them to be in the National Championship.

Never saw a school that has tragedy that tracks to a school being cheap like OSU who prefer to use donor planes then charter planes and then want everyone to feel bad and vote them higher. But then how many donors are interviewed after a game who threatens an investigation if OSU is not in the national championship like Pickens did last night. Is OU the only school in the Big 12 that gets warned to stay off the field or forfiet our season tickets?

After Pickens interview, they would be the last team I would root for in the BCS Championship because it makes you wonder how much influence he had on Beebe to get us in Stillwater twice in a row.

Sorry but I was not an OSU fan before this game and I am not one after the game. I root for the Sooners but not the conference in bowl games. As for the fans who are hurt, what do you expect when you rush the field.

Sour grapes isn't gonna change anything. I hate Boone and all them ****ers up there, but they deserve a shot at the NC. They've earned it.

jk the sooner fan
12/4/2011, 11:42 AM
They've earned it.

oh hai - we agree......no accident there - they did earn it and i hope they get it

then we can laugh at them again :)

recemp
12/4/2011, 11:48 AM
I'd like to see the shoe whippin' on the field for a change.

No need fighting amongst ourselves. That's what I told my wife before she stormed off to bed after not getting the proper answer to her "what is going on?" question

nighttrain12
12/4/2011, 12:40 PM
Dumb Aggies. You act like criminals by trespassing on the field in a mini riot and its not surprising some people get hurt. I'll save my prayers for someone else.

SoonerMom2
12/4/2011, 12:43 PM
Dumb Aggies. You act like criminals by trespassing on the field in a mini riot and its not surprising some people get hurt. I'll save my prayers for someone else.

That makes two of us!

Wishboned
12/4/2011, 12:44 PM
Good thing our fans have never rushed the field and torn down goalposts.

They just won their first conference title in almost forty years. And they beat their hated state rival like a drum to do it.

TitoMorelli
12/4/2011, 01:16 PM
Storming the field is one thing, acting with such reckless disregard that people are seriously injured in a scene resembling an uprising on a Black Friday in a Wal-Mart located in a third world soccer stadium is another.

Did I leave anything out?

EatLeadCommie
12/4/2011, 01:19 PM
I have been on the field before when goalposts came down and I can tell you that it is quite dangerous. Damn near broke my leg, and that was in a setting (Wake beating Clemson in 1992) that wasn't nearly as crazy as the setting in Stillwater last night.

nighttrain12
12/4/2011, 01:19 PM
Nobody was really seriously injured, just some leg fractures. They should have left at the nearest exit like everyone else.

BoulderSooner79
12/4/2011, 01:34 PM
Nobody was really seriously injured, just some leg fractures. They should have left at the nearest exit like everyone else.
Glad to hear that and hope this information is accurate. I'll admit I'm a softy for young people even when they act like morons. The school should have been ready for this and preemptively taken down the goal posts.

nutinbutdust
12/4/2011, 01:35 PM
I never understood the point in tearing down your own goal posts. Guess I know how to act like i have been there.. Hope everyone recovers. wouldnt want to leave any sheep as widows.

swardboy
12/4/2011, 01:40 PM
Why does the term "cripple fight" keep coming to my head?

AlboSooner
12/4/2011, 01:47 PM
No shed tears here.

StoopTroup
12/4/2011, 01:50 PM
Those Goal posts were made of $2 recycled Walmart Toasters?

hawaii 5-0
12/4/2011, 01:58 PM
According to reports late last night the Veternary Hospitals were also very busy with taking care of hundreds of sheep after the wild night of celebrating.

5-0

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/4/2011, 02:10 PM

Official: Two in critical condition after fans storm Oklahoma St. field

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/12/04/oklahoma.state.fans.injured.ap/index.html#ixzz1favpKSAi

Jacie
12/4/2011, 02:14 PM
I never understood the point in tearing down your own goal posts. Guess I know how to act like i have been there.. Hope everyone recovers. wouldnt want to leave any sheep as widows.

If there happens to be a contingent of the opposing team's fans still in the stadium, I understand the uprights make good skewers . . .

BermudaSooner
12/4/2011, 02:33 PM
Not to ever wish anyone harm, but it wouldn't **** me off too much if one of those idiots was the a-hole screaming in my ear, yelling to hurt OU players ("I want ACLs and concussions and all") and roughing up my buddy's wife last night. That kid deserved a little beat down....and had he not backed down when I turned around to him he would have gotten it well before rushing the field.

SoonerDood
12/4/2011, 02:36 PM
"Yeeeah I cain't walk no more, but it was wirth it to beat dem dang cheatin fairweather gooners! Pistils Farrrn!"

oumartin
12/4/2011, 02:42 PM
'Dont act like idiots and u won't get hurt.

picasso
12/4/2011, 09:52 PM
I always think of Larry Bird one year when the Celtics beat the Lakers in the finals in the Boston Garden. Bird bull rushed his way through the crowd to get to the locker rooms.

Eff that stuff mang.

Wishboned
12/4/2011, 10:56 PM
So no one posting in here remembers the 2000 Nebraska game when the fans rushed the field and tore down the goalposts? The cops pepper sprayed the crowd and Stoops and Heupel got some in their eyes?

Anyone?

Sooner_Tuf
12/4/2011, 11:08 PM
Only two critically injured? I take it the rest were struck in the head.

Seamus
12/5/2011, 12:30 AM
Only two critically injured? I take it the rest were struck in the head.

And the nitroglycerin-based explosive erupts with a thunderous roar ...

thecrimsoncrusader
12/5/2011, 08:20 AM
So no one posting in here remembers the 2000 Nebraska game when the fans rushed the field and tore down the goalposts? The cops pepper sprayed the crowd and Stoops and Heupel got some in their eyes?

Anyone?

Devils's advocates are losers.

SoonerPride
12/5/2011, 12:10 PM
They should have their season ticket privileges revoked for trespassing.

I'm not kidding.