View Full Version : PubFest 2012

Pages : 1 [2]

SanJoaquinSooner
2/15/2012, 01:49 AM
Pubs always talk like they want a Goldwater, but they usually settle for a Nixon.

Curly Bill
2/15/2012, 08:28 AM
Why is Juan talking to himself???

TUSooner
2/15/2012, 08:39 AM
Is there a libertarian case for the nomination of Rick Satorum?

Pay tention Sic Em.

A CATO Scholar makes such an argument.

It goes something like this:

Christian conservatives love him for his social conservatism and politics of faith. Neoconservatives would also have a candidate committed to transforming the world through foreign policy and military action.

But in the general election, he would drive more secular and independent voters away from the GOP ticket. A ten-point Republican loss in a year when economic weakness suggested a close race would be a political disaster not just for the candidate and his party but also for the ideas they embody. Rick Santorum could be the George McGovern of his party.

Such a disaster might open the door for a different kind of GOP, a party of free markets, moral pluralism, and realism in foreign affairs. Ron Paul has taken some steps this year toward creating such a party. He has attracted votes and inspired activism. His son or another candidate might take up the cause in 2016 and build on Paul’s achievements. Fanciful thinking? Perhaps, but it may take an electoral disaster to free the GOP from the ideas and forces that Rick Santorum represents.

Full article here:
http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=14091

To invoke Lenin: Nominate Santorum, because, "the worse the better."

SanJoaquinSooner
2/15/2012, 08:47 AM
Why is Juan talking to himself???

Hey Curly Bill, who's your guy in this race?

SanJoaquinSooner
2/15/2012, 08:48 AM
To invoke Lenin: Nominate Santorum, because, "the worse the better."

Lots of truth to that in many situations.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/15/2012, 09:15 AM
Probably a slim chance of a brokered convention, but I can hope. That would be the funnest convention since DonkFest68.

Curly Bill
2/15/2012, 10:27 AM
Hey Curly Bill, who's your guy in this race?

I'm voting for the "anyone but Obama" ticket. :)

SanJoaquinSooner
2/15/2012, 10:53 AM
I'm voting for the "anyone but Obama" ticket. :)

Too bad Hillary didn't challenge him.

JohnnyMack
2/15/2012, 11:17 AM
Is there a libertarian case for the nomination of Rick Satorum?

Pay tention Sic Em.

A CATO Scholar makes such an argument.

It goes something like this:

Christian conservatives love him for his social conservatism and politics of faith. Neoconservatives would also have a candidate committed to transforming the world through foreign policy and military action.

But in the general election, he would drive more secular and independent voters away from the GOP ticket. A ten-point Republican loss in a year when economic weakness suggested a close race would be a political disaster not just for the candidate and his party but also for the ideas they embody. Rick Santorum could be the George McGovern of his party.

Such a disaster might open the door for a different kind of GOP, a party of free markets, moral pluralism, and realism in foreign affairs. Ron Paul has taken some steps this year toward creating such a party. He has attracted votes and inspired activism. His son or another candidate might take up the cause in 2016 and build on Paul’s achievements. Fanciful thinking? Perhaps, but it may take an electoral disaster to free the GOP from the ideas and forces that Rick Santorum represents.

Full article here:
http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=14091

I used that exact argument with a friend when I told him I'd vote for a third party Ron Paul over whatever clown got the GOP nod, even if it meant Obama would get reelected. His brain almost exploded.

SoonerProphet
2/15/2012, 11:57 AM
I used that exact argument with a friend when I told him I'd vote for a third party Ron Paul over whatever clown got the GOP nod, even if it meant Obama would get reelected. His brain almost exploded.

Didn't know you and RLIMC were such good buds.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/15/2012, 12:40 PM
Good news for pubs!

Youth vote for 2012 is not likely to be duplicated from 2008, when Obama energized young voters.

So why don’t young adults vote? ... The most likely answer is that young adults do not vote because many are still—in a sense—children, without adult commitments or responsibilities. The data suggest that three factors consistently make a difference in voting rates: money, marriage, and homeownership. Those are the adult commitments that give people a stake in society; to protect and expand their stake, they vote. Take a look at money and voting: The gap in voter participation between the highest and lowest income groups is a stunning 26 percentage points. For marriage and homeownership, the gaps are 16 to 17 percent.

http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/100774/young-voters-election-2012#.TzunXcLuv8M.facebook

SanJoaquinSooner
2/15/2012, 05:44 PM
No Dancing with the Stars for Michele Bachmann. Very disappointing. So much potential.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/16/2012, 09:35 AM
Here's some pub reading material:

In his new book ”The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Presidents: From Wilson to Obama,” Steven F. Hayward grades the presidents from Woodrow Wilson forward.

Hayward, the F.K. Weyerhaeuser Fellow in Law and Economics at the American Enterprise Institute, recently discussed his book and justified his rankings in an interview with The Daily Caller.

Below is what we could call the Hayward ranking of modern presidents, according to his gradings:

1.) Calvin Coolidge (1923–1929) — A+

2.) Ronald Reagan (1981–1989) — A-

3.) Warren G. Harding (1921–1923) — B+

3.) George W. Bush (2001–2009) — B+

5.) George H.W. Bush (1989–1993) — B

6.) Harry Truman (1945–1953) — C+

6.) Dwight D. Eisenhower (1953–1961) — C+

6.) Richard M. Nixon (1969–1974) — C+

6.) Gerald Ford (1974–1977) — C+

10.) Herbert Hoover (1929–1933) — C-

10.) John F. Kennedy (1961–1963) — C-

12.) Woodrow Wilson (1913–1921) — F

12.) Franklin D. Roosevelt (1933–1945) — F

12.) Lyndon B. Johnson (1963–1969) — F

12.) Jimmy Carter (1977–1981) — F

12.) Bill Clinton (1993–2001) — F

12.) Barack Obama (2009–present) — provisional F

hawaii 5-0
2/16/2012, 10:43 AM
That's some funny stuff.

5-0

SanJoaquinSooner
2/16/2012, 01:02 PM
To “the dog ate my homework,” we can now add “my wife wrote the chapter.”

Rick Santorum is distancing himself from a chapter of his book, “It Takes a Family,” in which “radical feminists” are disparaged for giving women the idea that they might find greater fulfillment outside the home.

His wife was not listed as a co-author. Best to keep the womens out of the limelight.

okie52
2/16/2012, 01:06 PM
Here's some pub reading material:

In his new book ”The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Presidents: From Wilson to Obama,” Steven F. Hayward grades the presidents from Woodrow Wilson forward.

Hayward, the F.K. Weyerhaeuser Fellow in Law and Economics at the American Enterprise Institute, recently discussed his book and justified his rankings in an interview with The Daily Caller.

Below is what we could call the Hayward ranking of modern presidents, according to his gradings:

1.) Calvin Coolidge (1923–1929) — A+

2.) Ronald Reagan (1981–1989) — A-

3.) Warren G. Harding (1921–1923) — B+

3.) George W. Bush (2001–2009) — B+

5.) George H.W. Bush (1989–1993) — B

6.) Harry Truman (1945–1953) — C+

6.) Dwight D. Eisenhower (1953–1961) — C+

6.) Richard M. Nixon (1969–1974) — C+

6.) Gerald Ford (1974–1977) — C+

10.) Herbert Hoover (1929–1933) — C-

10.) John F. Kennedy (1961–1963) — C-

12.) Woodrow Wilson (1913–1921) — F

12.) Franklin D. Roosevelt (1933–1945) — F

12.) Lyndon B. Johnson (1963–1969) — F

12.) Jimmy Carter (1977–1981) — F

12.) Bill Clinton (1993–2001) — F

12.) Barack Obama (2009–present) — provisional F

LOL

SanJoaquinSooner
2/17/2012, 09:03 AM
OK, Sarah Palin wants y'all to know that she's willing to step in and give it her all, if we end up with a brokered convention.

...and the talking heads are speculating .... Establishment Jeb Bush vs.Tea Party Palin.

Maybe Bush/Christie vs. Palin/Perry.

One can only dream. Palin is a niche candidate who can pull a third of the pub

activists but I can't see her gaining a majority at the convention.

Curly Bill
2/17/2012, 09:47 AM
I could support the Bush/Christie ticket. Palin/Perry not so much, and not because I'm a Palin hater, I actually like her more than Perry, and yeah...I live in TX.

badger
2/17/2012, 11:05 AM
Is it March 6 yet? It must be getting close, because Newt is coming to Tulsa on Monday.

Linky (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=688&articleid=20120217_16_A7_Republ395464)

Like Santorum, Newt is gonna be at ORU's campus as well. We had a really huge turnout for Rick and I expect the same for Gingrich. Voters here really do participate, even if they only participate on the red side these days, heh.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/22/2012, 06:18 PM
The pubs may be better off either winning with Romney or losing with Santorum.

Christie is probably good VP material with his "that's stupid" and "he needs to shut up" expressions -- so he can be the pitbull while the presidential candidate stays out of the gutter. Kinda like Spiro Agnew running interference for Tricky Dick Nixon.

I suspect Santorum is about 10 minutes into his 15 minutes.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/22/2012, 08:05 PM
Arizona debate on now. CNN.

I be pissed if they don't ask Santorum a satan question.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/22/2012, 10:01 PM
For tonight's debate, I'd rate Gingrich and Paul thumbs up, Romney a push, and Santorum a disappointment.

Santorum does much better as the single digit longshot.

Stacked crowd at the debate: Romney could have farted into the microphone and the crowd would have burst into applause.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/23/2012, 12:07 AM
OK, tonight the S(x) = Santorum support, passed its global max and is now decreasing, concave down.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/23/2012, 02:13 AM
I suspect Santorum is about 14 minutes into his 15 minutes.

Fixed it for me.

XingTheRubicon
2/23/2012, 09:22 AM
Not to interrupt Juan's diary, but I agree, Santorum looked like he was throwing the debate.

And Romney's pause/freeze when he gets an applause, looks like someone is pushing a remote to freeze him and then "unpauses candidate" when the applause dies down. Ron Paul is starting to look like Pinochio and needs to be coached that Afghanistan is not a seven syllable word.

I guess they're all really worn out, or I hope that's the case, because they all looked average to terrible in AZ.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/23/2012, 05:34 PM
Not to interrupt Juan's diary, but I agree, Santorum looked like he was throwing the debate.

And Romney's pause/freeze when he gets an applause, looks like someone is pushing a remote to freeze him and then "unpauses candidate" when the applause dies down. Ron Paul is starting to look like Pinochio and needs to be coached that Afghanistan is not a seven syllable word.

I guess they're all really worn out, or I hope that's the case, because they all looked average to terrible in AZ.

Please XTR, you're not interrupting my diary. PubFest2012 subscribes to the Big Tent Principle.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/28/2012, 11:13 AM
Well Intrade Prediction Market is showing Mitt getting a slam dunk in Arizona. I guess that Jan Brewer endorsement did the trick.

It is also showing late money going to Mitt in Michigan. I guess he'll win his home state in spite of giving the middle finger to overpaid UAW folks.

Speaking of Jan Brewer, she should be a lesson all of you out there picked on by bullies. She was badly bullied at American University this weekend and she didn't shoot a single person. Just sucked it up and retained her dignity.

badger
2/28/2012, 11:29 AM
I am kind of surprised by how this primary has unfolded thus far. Think that Super Tuesday will be the end-all?

OU_Sooners75
2/28/2012, 11:34 AM
No, super tuesday will not be the end-all.

The republicans that are running all think they have a shot...when neither of them will beat Obama...unfortunately!

badger
2/28/2012, 01:48 PM
Think you know how Oklahoma will vote? There is now a vBookie event up on Sports Book for Oklahoma's March 6 presidential primary, complete with every Republican candidate (that has not dropped out) and all five Democratic candidates (yes, there are actually five of them).

Linky (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?166636-3-6-Oklahoma-presiential-primary)

The odds are based on the fact that I don't think anyone has a chance of beating Obama and the fact that Santorum is now plaguing Tulsa's fair streets with yard signs EVERYwhere. He is REALLY taking Oklahoma seriously. Gingrich to a lesser extent. Mitt is kind of ignoring us, I think Ron Paul has made an appearance in OKC in the past week.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/29/2012, 10:22 AM
Think you know how Oklahoma will vote? There is now a vBookie event up on Sports Book for Oklahoma's March 6 presidential primary, complete with every Republican candidate (that has not dropped out) and all five Democratic candidates (yes, there are actually five of them).

Linky (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?166636-3-6-Oklahoma-presiential-primary)

The odds are based on the fact that I don't think anyone has a chance of beating Obama and the fact that Santorum is now plaguing Tulsa's fair streets with yard signs EVERYwhere. He is REALLY taking Oklahoma seriously. Gingrich to a lesser extent. Mitt is kind of ignoring us, I think Ron Paul has made an appearance in OKC in the past week.

according to intrade prediction markets, the money is being bet on Santorum. By a wide amount.... although the action isn't very heavy yet.

Santorum share valued at $8.00 and Romney share valued at $2.30.

Winner will be valued at $10.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/1/2012, 09:50 AM
upon reflection, it was probably a mistake for Santorum to throw up on a JFK speech.

and can his new-found respect for working women be more transparent?

badger
3/1/2012, 10:14 AM
I saw my first Super PAC ad on TV today (although I had seen one on youtube that Colbert was behind, heh). It was for Newt (but not FOR newt per se, because then it wouldn't be a Super PAC!) and bashed Romney and Obama. It was on during the morning Sportscenter show.

It was lame.

SicEmBaylor
3/1/2012, 10:21 AM
I saw my first Super PAC ad on TV today (although I had seen one on youtube that Colbert was behind, heh). It was for Newt (but not FOR newt per se, because then it wouldn't be a Super PAC!) and bashed Romney and Obama. It was on during the morning Sportscenter show.

It was lame.

I saw the same one, and I agree.

TUSooner
3/1/2012, 10:53 AM
To sum up my views at the moment:
I once thought Romney might be a good opponent for BHO. However, he has ripped himself to shreds during this campaign -- mostly trying to avoid being smeared by the far-right loonies as a "moderate" or a sensible person. So I no longer think he has the necessary credibility to beat Obama. I now tend to wish (almost) that Rick Sanctimonium, that cartoon idiot, would get the nomination so that the great masses of voters in our Nation could thoroughly repudiate his theocratical horsecrap and perhaps thereby release the GOP from its enslavement by religious wackos. Other than that, i really have no idea what's happening.

Turd_Ferguson
3/1/2012, 11:16 AM
Your such a liberal hack...

What is it? You afraid the majority might "shoot down the man thats brown"(or however the **** you put that)? Your comical, I'll give you that. However, I'm laughing AT you, not WITH you...

Midtowner
3/1/2012, 11:20 AM
Latest Oklahoma polls have Santorum at 42, Gingrich at 22, Romney at 18 and Paul at 7.

It just shows how out of step we are with the rest of the country. Oklahomistan indeed.

Turd_Ferguson
3/1/2012, 11:27 AM
Latest Oklahoma polls have Santorum at 42, Gingrich at 22, Romney at 18 and Paul at 7.

It just shows how out of step we are with the rest of the country. Oklahomistan indeed.You and TU should get a same sex marriage license, have a butt hole baby and kill it right before its due date.

Oklahomistan? What a prick.

Midtowner
3/1/2012, 11:40 AM
Look, what goes on in the bedroom between myself and TU is none of your damned business. If we want to get married and adopt and have biologically impossible abortions, that is or should be our right. You want a free country, right?

badger
3/1/2012, 11:40 AM

It just shows how out of step we are with the rest of the country. Oklahomistan indeed.

What does Oklahomistan even mean?

"Stan" in several Middle and Near Eastern languages means "land," and "i" or "e" before the letters "stan" originated as a possessive marker in Farsi (Persian / Iranian language) which is the equivalent of English apostrophe "s" and shows "belonging to" or use of the preposition "of" indicating ownership -- or in this case, "a place of, or belonging to...".

Thus, "Afghanistan" simply means "Land of the Afghans," "Uzbekistan" translates as "Land of the Uzbeks," and so on. "Pakistan" is a bit fancier, meaning "Land of the Pure." There are eight countries ending in "stan": Afghanistan, Dagestan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan. Additionally there are a number of ethnic regions, internally and surrounding Iran, which are not independent countries also carrying the "stan" ending: Kurdistan, Baluchistan (Balochistan?), Luristan (Loristan?), Gilakistan, Mazandaranistan, etc.

So... we are land of the Oklahoms, I guess? We all know Oklahoma, means "red people" in Choctaw, so we are land of the red people, huh? Maybe land of the red voters, heh :D

And who cares if we are outta step with the rest of the country? I'd rather not follow a lemming off a cliff, yknow?

Midtowner
3/1/2012, 11:47 AM
What does Oklahomistan even mean?

It's an allusion to our government being controlled by extremist theocrats.

So... we are land of the Oklahoms, I guess? We all know Oklahoma, means "red people" in Choctaw, so we are land of the red people, huh? Maybe land of the red voters, heh :D

Oklahomistan rolled off the tongue better. Oklahomaistan or Oklahomastan were both awkward sounding.

And who cares if we are outta step with the rest of the country? I'd rather not follow a lemming off a cliff, yknow?

I care. Everyone should care. Oklahoma's religious fanaticism harms this state on a lot of different levels.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/2/2012, 06:19 PM
It's been a bad week in Pubville.

RicK Santorum anti-intellectualism: "President Obama has said he wants everybody in America to go to college. What a snob," Santorum said on Saturday. "There are good, decent men and women who go out and work hard every day, and put their skills to test, who aren't taught by some liberal college professor (who) tries to indoctrinate them. I understand why he wants you to go to college. He wants to remake you in his image. I want to create jobs so people can remake their children into their image, not his."

Sheriff Joe gone looney: "Based on all of the evidence, I cannot in good faith report to you these documents are authentic," Arpaio said at a press conference in Phoenix, adding that his "investigators believe that the long form birth certificate was manufactured electronically and that it did not originate in the paper format as presented by the White House."

Limbaugh calls for sex tape: "What does it say about the college co-ed Fluke, who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says she must be paid to have sex?" Limbaugh said. "What does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She's having so much sex she can't afford the contraception."

"If we are going to pay for your contraceptives and thus pay for you to have sex, we want something for it," Limbaugh said. "We want you to post the videos online so we can all watch."

East Coast Bias
3/2/2012, 07:36 PM
It's been a bad week in Pubville.

RicK Santorum anti-intellectualism: "President Obama has said he wants everybody in America to go to college. What a snob," Santorum said on Saturday. "There are good, decent men and women who go out and work hard every day, and put their skills to test, who aren't taught by some liberal college professor (who) tries to indoctrinate them. I understand why he wants you to go to college. He wants to remake you in his image. I want to create jobs so people can remake their children into their image, not his."

Sheriff Joe gone looney: "Based on all of the evidence, I cannot in good faith report to you these documents are authentic," Arpaio said at a press conference in Phoenix, adding that his "investigators believe that the long form birth certificate was manufactured electronically and that it did not originate in the paper format as presented by the White House."

Limbaugh calls for sex tape: "What does it say about the college co-ed Fluke, who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says she must be paid to have sex?" Limbaugh said. "What does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She's having so much sex she can't afford the contraception."

"If we are going to pay for your contraceptives and thus pay for you to have sex, we want something for it," Limbaugh said. "We want you to post the videos online so we can all watch."

Interesting that none of these topics have any traction on the board . Especially the Limbaugh fiasco.

hawaii 5-0
3/2/2012, 07:46 PM
Limbaugh should only be taken for entertainment value only.

Much like many of the posers on this Bored.

Including myself.

5-0

SanJoaquinSooner
3/2/2012, 08:29 PM

Including myself.

5-0

To the chagrin of the many pubs, some folks do see Limbaugh as a spokesperson for the pubs. They're worried that this "if insurance pays for your birthcontrol, you're a slut and prostitute" will further alienate women, as if they didn't already have a problem in this area.

rock on sooner
3/2/2012, 08:42 PM

Including myself.

5-0

My fervent prayer is that Limbaugh keeps his mouth going...the idiocy is apparent..the attachment to the
pubs is inevitable...and any deniability is useless!:congratulatory:

hawaii 5-0
3/2/2012, 08:48 PM
To the chagrin of the many pubs, some folks do see Limbaugh as a spokesperson for the pubs. They're worried that this "if insurance pays for your birthcontrol, you're a slut and prostitute" will further alienate women, as if they didn't already have a problem in this area.

The Republican's stance against women's birth control will hurt their chances in Congress as well. There's more women voters than men.

5-0

SanJoaquinSooner
3/2/2012, 09:13 PM
The Republican's stance against women's birth control will hurt their chances in Congress as well. There's more women voters than men.

5-0

George Will is already in punt formation, saying "let's focus on controlling congress instead!"

... suppose the accumulation of evidence eventually suggests that the nomination of either [Romney or Santorum] would subtract from the long-term project of making conservatism intellectually coherent and politically palatable. If so, there would come a point when, taking stock of reality, conservatives turn their energies to a goal much more attainable than, and not much less important than, electing Romney or Santorum president. It is the goal of retaining control of the House and winning control of the Senate.

hawaii 5-0
3/2/2012, 09:19 PM
With a lot of moderate Republicans deciding to not stand for re-election, who gonna fill in the gap?

More Right Wing-nuts?

Rational women?

Rue Paul accolytes?

5-0

rock on sooner
3/2/2012, 10:06 PM
George Will is already in punt formation, saying "let's focus on controlling congress instead!"

You guys keep this up and there is no punter in any league that can get you out of that hole. Limbaugh is nonsensical
and no one...NO ONE...can spin out of what he said!

LiveLaughLove
3/3/2012, 01:18 AM
I'm game.

Limbaugh has always shown absurdity by being absurd. He has stated many times (if you actually ever listened to him and didn't just get snippets from left wing sites) that he attacks absurd stuff with more outlandish absurdities.
The fact that the MSM actually takes this girls testimony as something serious is, well, absurd. It's anecdotal staged nonsense, but it plays to the left so it gets airtime. Her cost numbers are outrageous, and her credentials to speak as an expert are nonexistent.
I wouldn't have called her a slut personally, but what she wants sure makes her sound slutty. I'm sure her parents are gushing with pride.

As for the whole birth certificate crap.
1. Every candidate should HAVE to show their credentials for running for president (before now I always assumed they did so). Obama evidently didn't. He should have been made to do so before being put on a single ballot. You don't get to circumvent the Constitution.
2. At this point, it's moot (for the last election) and a waste of time for this inquiry.
3. He should be forced to provide those documents to the states for this election or not be put on the ballot.
4. How many people screamed that Bush stole his first election? How about that he had a hand in 9/11? I remember plenty of liberal talking heads and politicians saying both (maybe some of you on this board too). I put this stuff with that.

Santorum's snob thing. Well, I'm not voting for the guy, but to me it's no worse than Obama telling Joe the Plumber that he was for "sharing the wealth" of those that have plenty and that is was "good for all of us". I'd take Santorum's snob comment any day over overt socialism, but he still won the election so I guess I was in the minority that time. We'll see this time.

Oh yeah, the "bitter people clinging to their guns and religion" thing was a doozy too. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy for sure. Like he really wanted to be a uniter and not divider. Yeah not so much.

hawaii 5-0
3/3/2012, 03:11 AM
The fact that no Pubs will come forward and call Limbaugh to the carpet just shows how much they honestly buy his B***S***.

I'm OK with that.

5-0

LiveLaughLove
3/3/2012, 04:39 AM
The fact that no Pubs will come forward and call Limbaugh to the carpet just shows how much they honestly buy his B***S***.

I'm OK with that.

5-0

There's nothing to call to the carpet. I wouldn't have said it, but you have no clue about his show. Only the crap you glean from left wing sites. Read my post above about absurdity and try to let it sink in. I know it's hard but try.

You don't have to like it or agree with it, but it's how his show works, and in this case, he is absolutely correct.

This woman was a plant, it was an absurd act (staged sideshow) perpetrated by Dems to keep the social isues front and center so they don't have to talk about Obama's actual record. As always with the help of a willing MSM it works, so Rush points out how this situation is absurd by using absurdity.

She is 30 yrs old, not 23 as she said. She went to Georgetown (I wonder if it being a Catholic school helped in her decision to pick it, hmm?) specifically to fight against their reproductive provisions, and she coordinated with Dems. She has no real expertise in any reproductive rights field other than she claims it and the media says fine. She is not credentialed in any way. Her bogus $3,000 in 3 years is total crud. $4 per month at WalMart x 36 months doesn't equal $3,000 unless you are a lib wanting a handout. Then I guess it does.

All in all, he exposed her for what she is. He knew she wasn't genuine and he pointed it out (once more, in harsher terms than I would have used, but not inaccurate ones). He exposed the media as willing accomplices, and the Dems as charlatans, more interested in the theater of the absurd than it actually governing.

I will call the Dems to the carpet for obfuscating from the real issues that actually matter to the country, but of course, it's what they do. They really don't care as long as they are the last rats on the sinking ship.

Oh, one last thing, how many of you libs defended Sarah and Bristol Palin from the harsh attacks that have been levied their ways in the last few years? Bill Maher ring a bell? How about just about any other liberal pundit or comic on the planet? I'll bet you came running and called them to the carpet the first, second, third, five hundreth time they made disgusting remarks about them, huh. Yeah right.

LiveLaughLove
3/3/2012, 04:58 AM
http://www.businessinsider.com/bill-maher-sarah-palin-****-2011-3

Oh looky, Sarah was called a c*nt by Maher. Where is the thread started by you 5-0 denouncing him and calling him to the carpet? I can't quite seem to find it anywhere.

Hmm, I don't see one started by any of the resident libs here defending her honor and calling his crassness to the carpet.

Interesting, seems your righteous indignation knows bounds. Hypocrisy, it's whats for dinner.

SicEmBaylor
3/3/2012, 05:12 AM
I weep for the Republic.

East Coast Bias
3/3/2012, 07:51 AM

Oh looky, Sarah was called a c*nt by Maher. Where is the thread started by you 5-0 denouncing him and calling him to the carpet? I can't quite seem to find it anywhere.

Hmm, I don't see one started by any of the resident libs here defending her honor and calling his crassness to the carpet.

Interesting, seems your righteous indignation knows bounds. Hypocrisy, it's whats for dinner.

I listen to both Limbaugh and Beck, not that I don't get the latest RW talking points here. Defending Limbaugh will be a tough assignment for you in any crowd of critical thinkers. Not that we have that here. I am glad you watch Maher, there is hope for some measure of balance. Sarah Palin is a public figure , and that is the difference in the two cases. If you can show me where Maher goes after college coeds I will join you in taking him to the woodshed? And where are the Christian values represented in all of this stuff from Limbaugh that you support? How do your values balance that out? Another problem Limbaugh has is that he comes across somewhat as a pervert.Pubs would be smart to distance themselves from this guy and so would you. He should be taken off the air, what he said was much worse than what Imus said....

SanJoaquinSooner
3/3/2012, 08:51 AM
LLL,

I think Bill Maher is viewed more as a late night political comedian, not an unofficial spokesman for the Democratic Party. A better analogy might be Jesse Jackson. He was an unoffical spokesman for the liberal wing of the Democratic Party and did make moderates within the party cringe on occasion with some of his remarks.

Limbaugh and pub politicians have been on the same page many times over the last 25 years. They often use the same daily talking points.

Yes, we all know Limbaugh is about schtick. He's very good at it and has made the big bucks doing it. I tip my hat to him for his economic success.

But the story is not about some young woman who shouldn't being testifying in the first place. It's about women out there who use birth control....e.g., the elementary public school teacher gets health insurance (paid by the taxpayer) -- she's a slut and prostitute for taking birth control? It strikes a nerve.

A comment by a man over 50 about wanting to watch sex tape videos of the young lady - joking or not - will strike many as downright creepy.

hawaii 5-0
3/3/2012, 10:54 AM

Palin, to me, is no more than a GrandMlLF. I'm never shown her respect. Why should I?

She's a self serving hack who cares for no one other than herself. Even the folks in Alaska can't stand her and ran her off to Arizona.

Don't get me started on Palin.

As far a Bill Maher, He goes way overboard with his rants. How's that? There, I've denounced him. Now, it's your turn. tick, tick, tick.........

Now Limbaugh, he's true to form. He's just a blowhard who like to hear himself. If it wasn't birth control it would just be something else. There's no limit. I expect no change from him. He'll always be a big fat liar.

As I stated, I'm OK with that.

5-0

pphilfran
3/3/2012, 11:02 AM
Palin has proven the Peter Principle as false...she went far beyond her level of incompetence...

I haven't tried to defend/denounce Rush since I don't listen to him and don't feel like going through the thread to see his latest outlandish remark...

hawaii 5-0
3/3/2012, 11:15 AM
Palin has proven the Peter Principle as false...she went far beyond her level of incompetence...

I haven't tried to defend/denounce Rush since I don't listen to him and don't feel like going through the thread to see his latest outlandish remark...

Ah, a voice of reason. Mahalo.

5-0

rock on sooner
3/3/2012, 11:18 AM
I listen to both Limbaugh and Beck, not that I don't get the latest RW talking points here. Defending Limbaugh will be a tough assignment for you in any crowd of critical thinkers. Not that we have that here. I am glad you watch Maher, there is hope for some measure of balance. Sarah Palin is a public figure , and that is the difference in the two cases. If you can show me where Maher goes after college coeds I will join you in taking him to the woodshed? And where are the Christian values represented in all of this stuff from Limbaugh that you support? How do your values balance that out? Another problem Limbaugh has is that he comes across somewhat as a pervert.Pubs would be smart to distance themselves from this guy and so would you. He should be taken off the air, what he said was much worse than what Imus said....

With exception of listening regularly to Limpbaugh and Beck, I agree with your assessment. Personal attacks by public
personalities shouldn't be tolerated. If enough of his sponsors pull their support, maybe Limpbaugh would take a different
approach. He's a jerk, just my opinion.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/4/2012, 10:25 AM
As we wait for Super Tuesday, let us pause and reflect upon a quote by Ronald Reagan:

If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. I think conservatism is really a misnomer just as liberalism is a misnomer for the liberals–if we were back in the days of the Revolution, so-called conservatives today would be the Liberals and the liberals would be the Tories. The basis of conservatism is a desire for less government interference or less centralized authority or more individual freedom and this is a pretty general description also of what libertarianism is.

hawaii 5-0
3/4/2012, 10:30 AM
Where do all the Conservatives who worshipped Reagan get the idea he wouldn't compromise or raise taxes?

He did both.

5-0

TheHumanAlphabet
3/5/2012, 03:51 AM

I'm OK with that.

5-0

The fact that the MSM doesn't call the woman on the carpet for stupid testimony is BS...

No one is asking the question, where are my condom payments, I want my condoms paid for...They are birth control too...

SanJoaquinSooner
3/7/2012, 12:35 AM
1. I officially call Romney the winner in Ohio.

2. In spite of Romney's human spreadsheet personality, he's got the nomination in the bag. The primaries from here on out are mostly all in Romney country.

3. Santorum's KKK strategy (Kennedy speech puking, Kontraceptives aren't kool, and Kollege ain't for the working class kids) helped him with his blue collar social conservative base, but overall has damaged the pub party with moderate donks and independents. I bet Santorum was a good high school debater. That's how he gives speech.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/7/2012, 12:38 AM
And I beat Fox News by 3 minutes on the call.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/7/2012, 12:46 AM
1. I officially call Romney the winner in Ohio.

2. In spite of Romney's human spreadsheet personality, he's got the nomination in the bag. The primaries from here on out are mostly all in Romney country.

3. Santorum's KKK strategy (Kennedy speech puking, Kontraceptives aren't kool, and Kollege ain't for the working class kids) helped him with his blue collar social conservative base, but overall has damaged the pub party with moderate donks and independents. I bet Santorum was a good high school debater. That's how he gives speech.

And Barry Goldwater Jr agrees with me on Point 3. He recalled that the pubs were very successful in the 2010 elections without a focus on the social issues. They focused on economic issues. He thinks should be on the economy, not on abortion, contraception, etc.

LiveLaughLove
3/7/2012, 01:13 AM
And Barry Goldwater Jr agrees with me on Point 3. He recalled that the pubs were very successful in the 2010 elections without a focus on the social issues. They focused on economic issues. He thinks should be on the economy, not on abortion, contraception, etc.

The Obama media is driving the social issues stories. Obama got it rolling with announcing the Catholics had to fund contraception. It was a political gamble that worked for them. The Republicans took the bait (this is what ticked me off at Limbaugh, he took the bait and blew the story up).

But make no mistake these stories are kept alive by a media that very much wants the Republicans to have to talk about this stuff so they won't be able to talk about the job Obama is doing.

Santorum himself has said repeatedly, You keep asking me why I keep talking about these issues. Then your next question is about these issues.

The stuff the Daily Caller exposed about how Media Matters basically tells op-ed folks what to talk about is not disputed by Media Matters or by the pundits that have been accused of the collusion.

If we just had even a 60/40 media in this country, Obama and the Dems would be in serious trouble. But we don't.

Ike
3/7/2012, 02:16 AM
Gotta say, I'm a little shocked at how low the GOP turnout was in OK this year. Almost a full third less than the 2008 GOP primary.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/7/2012, 04:35 AM
Hey SanJoaquin, you voting for your astronaut buddy? The Houston Chronicle gives him a long shot. Sad that Adela closed her restaurant...

SanJoaquinSooner
3/7/2012, 09:04 AM
Hey SanJoaquin, you voting for your astronaut buddy? The Houston Chronicle gives him a long shot. Sad that Adela closed her restaurant...

With the newly drawn congressional districts, Jose Hernandez's district is just to the south of me. He's running against an incumbent pub, but the new boundaries include many areas that the incumbent is not presently representing.

Hernandez may not be the favorite, but I don't consider him a longshot. He has huge name recognition here.... dozens of front page stories on him ever since he was selected to go to outerspace.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/7/2012, 10:35 PM
We miss you, Michele Bachmann. Good to see you back in the news. With your reasoning, Okie52 just might consider supporting Obama's health care policies...

... it isn’t far-fetched to think that the president of the United States could say 'We need to save health care expenses. The federal government will only pay for one baby to be born in the hospital per family, or two babies to be born per family.' That could happen. We think it couldn’t?"

Anchor Amy Holmes interjected and asked whether Bachmann was suggesting that the Obama administration or another administration could advocate a one-child policy like China.

"What I’m saying is that now that we know the president of the United States, unilaterally, can tell insurance companies, 'You must offer the morning-after abortion pill, you must offer sterilizations, you must offer contraceptives free to the recipients of those products, because we tell you to' (which means they’re effectively setting the price, as well), that says that whoever the health care dictator, could conceivably make that order, as well," she said.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/7/2012, 10:39 PM
Barbara Bush today said this year's Republican campaign is the worst campaign she's ever seen. Guess she's just not impressed with the troika of Romney, Santorum and Gingrich.

To the rest, I think Ron Paul is like that geeky cousin that you feel obligated to tolerate.

okie52
3/7/2012, 10:46 PM
We miss you, Michele Bachmann. Good to see you back in the news. With your reasoning, Okie52 just might consider supporting Obama's health care policies...

You may be right if they can get it down to one child per family...but it would really stunt the growth of the Latino community.

okie52
3/7/2012, 10:51 PM
Barbara Bush today said this year's Republican campaign is the worst campaign she's ever seen. Guess she's just not impressed with the troika of Romney, Santorum and Gingrich.

To the rest, I think Ron Paul is like that geeky cousin that you feel obligated to tolerate.

I liked what robin Williams said about Barbara bush....something to the effect of "the country finally put a first lady's picture on the dollar bill".

SanJoaquinSooner
3/7/2012, 11:18 PM
I liked what robin Williams said about Barbara bush....something to the effect of "the country finally put a first lady's picture on the dollar bill".

That's it, I knew she looked familiar.

Even though George HW Bush wasn't a young man as President, it seemed weird that he was married to someone who looked like she might be his mother.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/8/2012, 09:29 AM
Pop Quiz.

Name the type of informal fallacy in Michele's argument:

The argument being that if the law says birth control is part of healthcare, then the law will also eventually limit the number of children a family can have, since birth control is a necessary condition for the possibility of any such law governing child rearing.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/8/2012, 11:06 PM
Ol' Fat Head is getting it from all sides. Pew Research data showed that women comprise 28% of the ol' wanker's audience. Seriously? Who are these 28%?

the pub's "big" tent is getting mighty small: control-freak fat white middle aged men are crowding out the rest.

LiveLaughLove
3/8/2012, 11:31 PM
Ol' Fat Head is getting it from all sides. Pew Research data showed that women comprise 28% of the ol' wanker's audience. Seriously? Who are these 28%?

the pub's "big" tent is getting mighty small: fat white middle aged men are crowding out the rest.

Well, then I guess you should be happy knowing that the "Pubs" will never win another election of any kind since it's just for the fat middle aged men.

We'll see if you're right or just shootin' your mouth off.

And some of the ol' wankers sponsors are begging to come back and he told them no. Carbonite's stock has dropped around 10% this week. Seems the ol' fat heads audience (20 million strong) carries some clout.

For those interested, mypcbackup is a good alternative, just fyi.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/9/2012, 08:59 AM
Good news, bad news for the pubs.

February jobs data show 233,000 new private sector jobs, with unemployment rate unchanged from January at 8.3%.

Oh, and 6000 fewer government bureaucrat jobs.:applause:

And January job increase revised upward to 285,000.

Bourbon St Sooner
3/9/2012, 09:30 AM
The Republicans have no shot to win with the clowns they have running. They should just forego having a presidential candidate so that he doesn't drag down their chances to win both houses of Congress.

Turd_Ferguson
3/9/2012, 09:40 AM
The Republicans have no shot to win with the clowns they have running.Which is pretty sad considering the ****ing clown we have in there now...

Curly Bill
3/9/2012, 10:15 AM
Which is pretty sad considering the ****ing clown we have in there now...

Yup!

okie52
3/9/2012, 10:24 AM
Which is pretty sad considering the ****ing clown we have in there now...

He11, I thought he was a clown when he ran in 2008 and he continues to prove it.

TUSooner
3/9/2012, 11:56 AM
Pop Quiz.

Name the type of informal fallacy in Michele's argument:

The argument being that if the law says birth control is part of healthcare, then the law will also eventually limit the number of children a family can have, since birth control is a necessary condition for the possibility of any such law governing child rearing.

So what is this fallacy called?

hawaii 5-0
3/9/2012, 12:12 PM
Seems that some here want their Country to fail.

They'd rather see unemployment go up so they can gloat.

It a big CryFest.

Boo freakin' Hoo. Somebody needs to pass out tissues.

5-0

badger
3/9/2012, 12:22 PM

the pub's "big" tent is getting mighty small: control-freak fat white middle aged men are crowding out the rest.

Are you referring to Rush Limbaugh? If so, remember that men generally are behind the steering wheel and the one behind the steering wheel controls the radio station.

This is how I had to listen to years upon years of public radio and Rush Limbaugh... the kids in the back seat do not get any say in what the radio station in the car plays.

Turd_Ferguson
3/9/2012, 12:36 PM
Seems that some here want their Country to fail.

They'd rather see unemployment go up so they can gloat.

It a big CryFest.

Boo freakin' Hoo. Somebody needs to pass out tissues.

5-0More like some are seeing our country fail...and some are making every excuse they can think of to blame it on anybody but their A1 comrunity organizer...

TheHumanAlphabet
3/9/2012, 11:18 PM
Now we find out that the "slut" lady testified for transgender sex reassignment to be paid by the gubment, she has an O'Bammy ex-staffer running her efforts, and she supposedly is like 31 or older and has been a Democratic organizer...

SanJoaquinSooner
3/10/2012, 12:24 AM
Are you referring to Rush Limbaugh? If so, remember that men generally are behind the steering wheel and the one behind the steering wheel controls the radio station.

This is how I had to listen to years upon years of public radio and Rush Limbaugh... the kids in the back seat do not get any say in what the radio station in the car plays.

and they wonder why adolescents turn rebellious.

hawaii 5-0
3/10/2012, 01:43 AM
Now we find out that the "slut" lady testified for transgender sex reassignment to be paid by the gubment, she has an O'Bammy ex-staffer running her efforts, and she supposedly is like 31 or older and has been a Democratic organizer...

Good thing those wacky Liberals are getting vetted.

5-0

TheHumanAlphabet
3/10/2012, 06:15 AM
You know, 5-0, i don't care if they testify, but don't do it under a false flag and testify as if you are an every day Dick or Jane when you aren't. That goes for everyone and all parties. At least be truthful about who you are or who is backing you.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/10/2012, 07:37 AM
So what is this fallacy called?

That be a slippery slope

SanJoaquinSooner
3/10/2012, 08:45 AM
You know, 5-0, i don't care if they testify, but don't do it under a false flag and testify as if you are an every day Dick or Jane when you aren't. That goes for everyone and all parties. At least be truthful about who you are or who is backing you.

ABC, you know if the pubs hadn't been so clueless as to construct an all-male panel to testify about contraceptives prescription coverage, ol' fat head's slut would have never testified. Given a panel to testify about vasectomies, would you expect to see an all-female panel?

But more importantly, she raised an issue that the pub's male "experts" had not raised: the use of birth control pills for a medical condition (her example involved a woman with polycystic ovarian syndrome and has to take prescription birth control to stop cysts from growing on her ovaries). Whether she's an Obama community organizer or transexual sympathizer is irrelevant. Clarity needs to be brought to exemptions in coverage.

hawaii 5-0
3/10/2012, 12:44 PM
Why were there any men on that panel in the first place?

5-0

sappstuf
3/10/2012, 01:03 PM
ABC, you know if the pubs hadn't been so clueless as to construct an all-male panel to testify about contraceptives prescription coverage, ol' fat head's slut would have never testified. Given a panel to testify about vasectomies, would you expect to see an all-female panel?

But more importantly, she raised an issue that the pub's male "experts" had not raised: the use of birth control pills for a medical condition (her example involved a woman with polycystic ovarian syndrome and has to take prescription birth control to stop cysts from growing on her ovaries). Whether she's an Obama community organizer or transexual sympathizer is irrelevant. Clarity needs to be brought to exemptions in coverage.

It was a panel on religious freedom and there were two women present... One from Oklahoma.

sappstuf
3/10/2012, 01:17 PM

She didn't testify. The Dems could have called her to the actual hearing on religious rights.. They didn't. Instead they dressed up a press conference to make it look like actual testimony. It wasn't.

You can buy birth control for $9 a month at Walmarts in most states and about $20 in all the others. I'm sure someone that is 30 years old and going to Georgetown can afford either one.

hawaii 5-0
3/10/2012, 01:51 PM
How are you sure of that?

Many students are tens of thousands deep in college loans.

You could be right, but to presume as much could be jumping the gun a little.

5-0

SanJoaquinSooner
3/10/2012, 05:18 PM
She didn't testify. The Dems could have called her to the actual hearing on religious rights.. They didn't. Instead they dressed up a press conference to make it look like actual testimony. It wasn't.

You can buy birth control for $9 a month at Walmarts in most states and about $20 in all the others. I'm sure someone that is 30 years old and going to Georgetown can afford either one.

Sapp,

She was blocked from testifying in the regular hearings by Pubmaster Issa. He lined up all males to testify. So the Donks held an unofficial hearing afterward. It wasn't a news conference, but testimony to Donk congressmen. The pubs weren't in attendance. They heard all they needed to hear from the male experts on taking birth control pills and other contraception methods.

If you think all students who attend private universities have money, you may be very surprised. Many students with extremely modest household incomes attend and have little disposible income.

But really, this isn't about Fluke or Georgetown students, it's about women. Women from all walks of life identify with this issue.

xlRC0nsjtKQ

soonerhubs
3/10/2012, 05:48 PM
If folks feel so strongly about birth control perhaps there need to be more nonprofits started by these folks to provide these services. Everyone is free to do so. That's why we call it the land of liberty.

Why not pursue the more noble path that doesn't restrict liberty? I hear people singing the praises and societal benefits of birth control, and yet they are too lazy to set up organizations that promote these. They want to force these beliefs on everyone else by legislation.

hawaii 5-0
3/10/2012, 07:30 PM
Bottom line.......this is about the Republican's restricting a woman's right to control her own body.

Everything else is just spin.

5-0

olevetonahill
3/10/2012, 07:52 PM
Bottom line.......this is about the Republican's restricting a woman's right to control her own body.

Everything else is just spin.

5-0

No , I disagree. This about WHOs gonna pay for her to control her OWN body. Now sit on that and Spin anyway ya want to.

Turd_Ferguson
3/10/2012, 07:54 PM
If folks feel so strongly about birth control perhaps there need to be more nonprofits started by these folks to provide these services. Everyone is free to do so. That's why we call it the land of liberty.

Why not pursue the more noble path that doesn't restrict liberty? I hear people singing the praises and societal benefits of birth control, and yet they are too lazy to set up organizations that promote these. They want to force these beliefs on everyone else by legislation.What the hell is Planned Parenthood?

olevetonahill
3/10/2012, 08:28 PM
What the hell is Planned Parenthood?
A Liberal POS organization?

What I win ?

soonerhubs
3/10/2012, 08:54 PM
What the hell is Planned Parenthood?

I'd thought of that. So true. So the fact remains: If these people feel so passionate about it, they should donate all of their money aside from their own necessities to planned parenthood. Otherwise, leave the rest of us and our liberties the **** alone!

Women's rights, MY ***! Is it illegal to buy birth control 5-0? No! So that's just bull****, and you know it!

hawaii 5-0
3/10/2012, 09:30 PM
I'd thought of that. So true. So the fact remains: If these people feel so passionate about it, they should donate all of their money aside from their own necessities to planned parenthood. Otherwise, leave the rest of us and our liberties the **** alone!

Women's rights, MY ***! Is it illegal to buy birth control 5-0? No! So that's just bull****, and you know it!

Yes, a certain group would just love to make birth control illegal.

Few people have acknowleged that birth control pills are used for more than just birth control.

5-0

olevetonahill
3/10/2012, 09:41 PM

Few people have acknowleged that birth control pills are used for more than just birth control.

5-0
Yer full of it. No One wants to make it Illegal. Just Not on My dime
YES there are certain Medical conditions that the Pill can help. 99% of the time its taken to keep from gettin knocked up

soonerhubs
3/10/2012, 09:53 PM

5-0 You are correct, and that's why I'm vehemently opposed to Rick Santorum. He's a ****** of epic proportions.

Turd_Ferguson
3/10/2012, 10:45 PM

5-0What "certain group" would that be? Or are you just doing your typical job of making **** up?

sappstuf
3/10/2012, 11:08 PM
Sapp,

She was blocked from testifying in the regular hearings by Pubmaster Issa. He lined up all males to testify. So the Donks held an unofficial hearing afterward. It wasn't a news conference, but testimony to Donk congressmen. The pubs weren't in attendance. They heard all they needed to hear from the male experts on taking birth control pills and other contraception methods.

If you think all students who attend private universities have money, you may be very surprised. Many students with extremely modest household incomes attend and have little disposible income.

But really, this isn't about Fluke or Georgetown students, it's about women. Women from all walks of life identify with this issue.

xlRC0nsjtKQ

If you really believe it was all men that testified, you have really bought the hype. Dr. Allison Dabbs Garrett, the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs at Oklahoma Christian University and Laura Champion, M.D., Medical Director, Calvin College Health Services both testified.

Do you deny this?

The hearing was not about "taking birth control pills and other contraception methods", it was titled:

Lines Crossed: Separation of Church and State. Has the Obama Administration Trampled on Freedom of Religion and Freedom of Conscience?

Again, do you deny this?

These are simple facts that are hard to deny... Unless you try really hard, I guess.

What exactly is a "unofficial hearing"? I tried looking up the definition, but couldn't find anything.. Sounds suspiciously like a press conference to me.

She wasn't blocked.. The Dems originally invited Barry W. Lynn, Esq., the Executive Director Americans United for Separation of Church and State. A man by the way... But then at the last minute tried to change it.. I'm sure Issa subscribed to the same philosophy as I do on many occasions.. "Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."

The Dem's witness that they told to go away, would have been a fine witness for them, but they decided to go into dog and pony show mode instead..

Fluke's "unofficial testimony" was completely off anway. She claimed that the cost of birth control during the length of law school would cost around $3000. Uhhh..

Birth control pills can be purchased for as low as $9 per month at a pharmacy near Georgetown's campus. According to an employee at the pharmacy in Washington, D.C.'s Target store, the pharmacy sells birth control pills--the generic versions of Ortho Tri-Cyclen and Ortho-Cyclen--for $9 per month. "That's the price without insurance," the Target employee said.

So lets do the math, shall we? 36 months of law school times $9 a month equals $324... Fluke was only off by a factor of 10.. Of course she is a Dem and math has never been the Dems strong point.

hawaii 5-0
3/11/2012, 12:27 AM
What "certain group" would that be? Or are you just doing your typical job of making **** up?

I'll just pretend you're intelligent enough to figure that one out.

Let's see how long it takes.

5-0

Turd_Ferguson
3/11/2012, 12:41 AM
I'll just pretend you're intelligent enough to figure that one out.

Let's see how long it takes.

5-0That's what I thought...

Curly Bill
3/11/2012, 12:54 AM
Turd: 1
Looney A** Liberal: 0

hawaii 5-0
3/11/2012, 02:49 AM
That's what I thought...

I refuse to lead you around by your nose the rest of your life.

I expect you have a high school education or at least went back and got your GED.

Do yourself a favor and use your brain.

5-0

hawaii 5-0
3/11/2012, 02:52 AM
Oh my word !!!!!

The Liberals are ganging up on the NeoCons again !!!

Saints preserve us !!!

5-0

Curly Bill
3/11/2012, 03:05 AM
I refuse to lead you around by your nose the rest of your life.

I expect you have a high school education or at least went back and got your GED.

Do yourself a favor and use your brain.

5-0

Or you could just answer the question posed to you. Your attempt to claim some sort of mental superiority here, while I'm sure it tickles you, doesn't hide the fact you're dodging it.

And I have a high school diploma, a bachelors degree and a masters. What I win? Can I join the smart people's club with you? Do we set around in our cardigans smoking pipes or what? And I bet we get Obama patches to sew on those snazzy sweaters don't we? Oh man, it's gonna be so sweet!!!

hawaii 5-0
3/11/2012, 10:40 AM
Or you could just answer the question posed to you. Your attempt to claim some sort of mental superiority here, while I'm sure it tickles you, doesn't hide the fact you're dodging it.

And I have a high school diploma, a bachelors degree and a masters. What I win? Can I join the smart people's club with you? Do we set around in our cardigans smoking pipes or what? And I bet we get Obama patches to sew on those snazzy sweaters don't we? Oh man, it's gonna be so sweet!!!

Since you answered the response I made to Turd and not even intended for you, I just don't see how I could nominate you for the Mensa Society.

I'm dodging nothing. A quick Google search will give the answer I was looking for.

Since Turd didn't turn in his homework I must give him a failing grade. An 'F'.

5-0

Curly Bill
3/11/2012, 01:47 PM
Since you answered the response I made to Turd and not even intended for you, I just don't see how I could nominate you for the Mensa Society.

I'm dodging nothing. A quick Google search will give the answer I was looking for.

Since Turd didn't turn in his homework I must give him a failing grade. An 'F'.

5-0

That's not even an honest attempt at a dodge.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/11/2012, 07:43 PM
If you really believe it was all men that testified, you have really bought the hype. Dr. Allison Dabbs Garrett, the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs at Oklahoma Christian University and Laura Champion, M.D., Medical Director, Calvin College Health Services both testified.

Do you deny this?

The hearing was not about "taking birth control pills and other contraception methods", it was titled:

Again, do you deny this?

These are simple facts that are hard to deny... Unless you try really hard, I guess.

What exactly is a "unofficial hearing"? I tried looking up the definition, but couldn't find anything.. Sounds suspiciously like a press conference to me.

She wasn't blocked.. The Dems originally invited Barry W. Lynn, Esq., the Executive Director Americans United for Separation of Church and State. A man by the way... But then at the last minute tried to change it.. I'm sure Issa subscribed to the same philosophy as I do on many occasions.. "Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."

The Dem's witness that they told to go away, would have been a fine witness for them, but they decided to go into dog and pony show mode instead..

Fluke's "unofficial testimony" was completely off anway. She claimed that the cost of birth control during the length of law school would cost around $3000. Uhhh..

So lets do the math, shall we? 36 months of law school times $9 a month equals $324... Fluke was only off by a factor of 10.. Of course she is a Dem and math has never been the Dems strong point.

1. At the opening of the hearing, there was an all-male panel. Issa explained that the reason Fluke was denied was because she was not qualified to testify. He explained that although the Donk submissions were late, he would accommodate Barry Lynn but not Fluke. Deadlines had nothing to do with it.

2. The pubs had two females testify on another panel, following the recess, and to an empty audience. This sustains my claim that the pubs are clueless on this issue. Of course Issa probably never suspected that the conservative media (Limbaugh) would take this issue viral - and couldn't have looked worse. The title of the hearing may have referred to Separation of Church and State, but the specific issues discussed by the panelists were in reference to birth control.

3. Unofficial means not official. It does not mean "news conference."

4. Fluke's testimony about the cost was in reference to a woman who lost her ovary when she quit taking the pill due to its prohibitive cost. Fluke extrapolated based on the actual cost to the woman, not what the cheapest pill available costs. I have no idea if the prescription of this woman was the same as the pill offered by Walmart for $9. She was giving an example of what it cost one woman, not what the cost is for all women.

4. There are dozens of reasons why one may argue that getting gov't out of health care is wise. Personally, I'd start with Medicare, but then again, I'm not running for office. And I'm all for non-profits and charities playing a prominent role.

sappstuf
3/12/2012, 09:58 AM
1. At the opening of the hearing, there was an all-male panel. Issa explained that the reason Fluke was denied was because she was not qualified to testify. He explained that although the Donk submissions were late, he would accommodate Barry Lynn but not Fluke. Deadlines had nothing to do with it.

2. The pubs had two females testify on another panel, following the recess, and to an empty audience. This sustains my claim that the pubs are clueless on this issue. Of course Issa probably never suspected that the conservative media (Limbaugh) would take this issue viral - and couldn't have looked worse. The title of the hearing may have referred to Separation of Church and State, but the specific issues discussed by the panelists were in reference to birth control.

3. Unofficial means not official. It does not mean "news conference."

4. Fluke's testimony about the cost was in reference to a woman who lost her ovary when she quit taking the pill due to its prohibitive cost. Fluke extrapolated based on the actual cost to the woman, not what the cheapest pill available costs. I have no idea if the prescription of this woman was the same as the pill offered by Walmart for $9. She was giving an example of what it cost one woman, not what the cost is for all women.

4. There are dozens of reasons why one may argue that getting gov't out of health care is wise. Personally, I'd start with Medicare, but then again, I'm not running for office. And I'm all for non-profits and charities playing a prominent role.

And why don't you mention the reason there was an empty audience? Because the Dems left in an unprofessional and undiginfied huff..

She wasn't speaking about 1 student..

Without insurance coverage, contraception, as you know, can cost a woman over $3,000 during law school. For a lot of students who, like me, are on public interest scholarships, that’s practically an entire summer’s salary.

I see no mention of a woman with a lost ovary.. I see a reference to "a lot of students".. She is clearly speaking in generalities. I'm sure birth control "can" cost a woman $3000 during law school. You know how much birth control "can" cost as well? $354 for 3 years of the pill.. Strange she didn't mention that. Probably not good for the false narrative she is trying to build though...

I have no idea if the prescription of this woman was the same as the pill offered by Walmart for $9.

This is the most sensible thing you said in the entire post. You have no idea, I have no idea.. What she is presenting is secondhand information with no way to verify. Issa was right not to let her testify about rumors and hearsay..

Speaking of hearsay...

One woman told us that she knew birth control wasn’t covered on the insurance and she assumed that that’s how Georgetown’s insurance handle all of women’s reproductive and sexual health care. So when she was raped, she didn’t go to the doctor, even to be examined or tested for sexually transmitted infections, because she thought insurance wasn’t going to cover something like that – something that was related to a woman’s reproductive health.

This sounds much more like an urban legend than something that actually happened. But even if it did, you would have to be pretty dumb to make that kind of an assumption and illogical leap. Frankly, I don't believe it. A person making those kind of decisions would have ended up at West Virginia...

SanJoaquinSooner
3/19/2012, 01:01 AM
Puerto Rico was a sacrificial lamb for Ricky Santorum.

He figured to gain more stateside votes by slamming the PR's than he'd lose in the Puerto Rico Primary.

Turd_Ferguson
3/19/2012, 01:13 AM

He figured to gain more stateside votes by slamming the PR's than he'd lose in the Puerto Rico Primary.Is that what he figured? Did he or his adviser's tell you that?...or are you once again stating **** that you don't know **** about?

soonerhubs
3/19/2012, 06:09 AM
Well Rick and Newt have thrived on the religious bigotry of many in the southern states. Why would a little xenophobia towards ethnic groups be much different?

SanJoaquinSooner
3/20/2012, 07:32 PM
Is that what he figured? Did he or his adviser's tell you that?...or are you once again stating **** that you don't know **** about?

Santorum said: "As in any other state, you have to comply with this and any federal law. And that is that English has to be the main language,"

Now either Santorum is stupid and believes what he said -- or he knows it's bull**** and using it to make beef stew.

I don't believe he's stupid.

Turd_Ferguson
3/20/2012, 07:44 PM
Santorum said: "As in any other state, you have to comply with this and any federal law. And that is that English has to be the main language,"

Now either Santorum is stupid and believes what he said -- or he knows it's bull**** and using it to make beef stew.

I don't believe he's stupid.Must you speak in crypto, or can you spell it out in plain ****'n english?

StoopTroup
3/20/2012, 07:48 PM
Must you speak in crypto, or can you spell it out in plain ****'n english?

Depends on what State he's posting in?

SanJoaquinSooner
3/20/2012, 09:20 PM
Must you speak in crypto, or can you spell it out in plain ****'n english?

He figured to gain more stateside votes by slamming the PR's than he'd lose in the Puerto Rico Primary.

Turd_Ferguson
3/20/2012, 09:24 PM

He figured to gain more stateside votes by slamming the PR's than he'd lose in the Puerto Rico Primary.O. You must be talking to his adviser's...No?

SanJoaquinSooner
3/20/2012, 11:56 PM
O. You must be talking to his adviser's...No?

SantorumAdvisor @SanJoaquinSooner Santorum ain't stupid.
2 days ago · reply · retweet · favorite

SanJoaquinSooner
3/22/2012, 08:43 AM
RomneyAdvisor My boy Mitt is an Etch-a-Sketch guy!
1 day ago · reply · retweet · favorite

SanJoaquinSooner
3/23/2012, 08:31 AM
RomneyAdvisor My boy Mitt is an Etch-a-Sketch guy!
1 day ago · reply · retweet · favorite

SantorumAdvisor @RomneyAdvisor Thanks Dumb****! That's gold!
9 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

http://www.redstate.com/aglanon/files/2012/03/Etch-A-Sketch-Romney.jpg

http://media.cleveland.com/politics_impact/photo/10725264-large.jpg

SanJoaquinSooner
3/26/2012, 12:15 AM
The Louisiana primary results are in: Big Surprise. White men in the southern states just can't support Romney. Bring back George Wallace!

SanJoaquinSooner
4/4/2012, 08:40 PM
Rick, Rick, Rick. Pull your head out of your backward ***.

SANTORUM: I was just reading something last night from the state of California. And that the California universities – I think it’s seven or eight of the California system of universities don’t even teach an American history course. It’s not even available to be taught.

UC BERKELEY
7. Introduction to the History of the United States. Two to three hours of lecture and two hours of discussion per week. (F,SP)

7A. The United States from Settlement to Civil War. (4) This course is an introduction to the history of the United States from the beginning of the European colonization of North America to the end of the Civil War. It is also an introduction to the ways historians look at the past and think about evidence. There are two main themes: one is to understand the origin of the "groups" we call European-Americans, Native-Americans, and African-Americans; the second, is to understand how democratic political institutions emerged in the United States in this period in the context of an economy that depended on slave labor and violent land acquisition. This course satisfies the American cultures and history requirements.

7B. The United States from Civil War to Present. (4) What does it mean to be American? Whatever your answer is to this question, chances are it is deeply connected to the themes and events we will discuss in this class. Here we will track America's rise to global power, the fate of freedom in a post-Emancipation political setting, and the changing boundaries of nation, citizenship, and community. We will use landmark events to sharpen our themes, but we will also take care to analyze the equally important (and shifting) patterns of where and how Americans lived, worked, and played. This course satisfies the American cultures and history requirements. (F,SP)

UCLA

13A. History of the U.S. and Its Colonial Origins: Colonial Origins and First Nation Building Acts (5)
Lecture, three hours; discussion, two hours. Strongly recommended for History majors planning to take more advanced courses in U.S. history. Cultural heritages, political institutions, economic developments, and social interactions which created contemporary society. P/NP or letter grading.
13B. History of the U.S. and Its Colonial Origins: 19th Century (5)
Lecture, three hours; discussion, two hours. Strongly recommended for History majors planning to take more advanced courses in U.S. history. Cultural heritages, political institutions, economic developments, and social interactions which created contemporary society. P/NP or letter grading.
13C. History of the U.S. and Its Colonial Origins: 20th Century (5)

UC San Diego

HILD 2A-B-C. United States
A year-long lower-division course that will provide students with a background in United States history from colonial times to the present, concentrating on social, economic, and political developments. (Satisfies Muir College humanities requirement and American History and Institutions requirement.)

UC Davis

17A. History of the United States (4)
Lecture—3 hours; discussion—1 hour. The experience of the American people from the Colonial Era to the Civil War. GE credit: ArtHum, Div, Wrt.—I, II. (I, II.)

17B. History of the United States (4)
Lecture—3 hours; discussion—1 hour. The experience of the American people from the Civil War to the end of the Cold War. Not open for credit to students who have completed course 17C. GE credit: ArtHum, Div, Wrt.—II, III. (II, III.)

UC Santa Barbara

HIST 17A. The American People
(4) STAFF Not open for credit to students who have completed History 17AH.
Colonial through Jacksonian era. A survey of the leading issues in Americanlife from colonial times to the present. The course focuses on politics, cultural development, social conflict, economic life, foreign policy, and influential ideas. Features discussion sections.

HIST 17AH. The American People-Honors
(5) STAFF
Prerequisite: Honors standing; consent of instructor.
Not open for credit to students who have completed History 17A.
Lecture will be concurrent with History 17A, along with a weekly two hour seminar.

HIST 17B. The American People
(4) STAFF Not open for credit to students who have completed History 17BH.
Sectional crisis through progressivism. A survey of the leading issues in american life from colonial times to the present. The course focuses on politics, cultural development, social conflict, economic life, foreign policy, and influential ideas. Features discussion sections.

HIST 17BH. The American People-Honors
(5) STAFF
Not open for credit to students who have completed History 17B.
Lecture will be concurrent with History 17B, along with a weekly two hour honors seminar.

HIST 17C. The American People
(4) STAFF Not open for credit to students who have completed History 17CH.
World War I to the present. A survey of the leading issues in american lifefrom colonial times to the present. The course focuses on politics, cultural development, social conflict, economic life, foreign policy, and influential ideas. Features discussion sections.

HIST 17CH. The American People-Honors
(5) STAFF
Not open for credit to students who have completed History 17C.
Lecture will be concurrent with History 17C, along with a weekly two hour honors seminar

UC Santa Cruz

10A. United States History to 1877. *
A survey of the political, social, and cultural history of the U.S. from the founding of the North American colonies to 1877. Satisfies American History and Institutions Requirement. (General Education Code(s): IH.) M. Westerkamp

10B. United States History, 1877 to 1977. S
A survey of the political, social, and cultural history of the U.S. from 1877 to 1977. Satisfies American History and Institutions Requirement. (General Education Code(s): IH.) M. Lasar

UC Irvine

40 The Formation of American Society. An introduction to the social, economic, political, and cultural development of the United States from the fifteenth century to the present. Any one quarter of history 40A, 40B, or 40C satisfies the American History portion of the UC American History and Institutions requirement.

40A The Formation of American Society: 1492-1790 (4). (IV)

40B The Formation of American Society: The Nineteenth Century (4). (IV)

40C The Formation of American Society: The Twentieth Century (4). (IV

UC Merced

HIST 016: Forging of the United States, 1607-1877 [4]
The history of the U.S. from colonial roots through the Civil War and Reconstruction. Major topics include the coming of the Revolution, the impact of slavery on the development of the United States, westward expansion, and the creation of a distinctively American culture.
Discussion included.

HIST 017: The Modern United States, 1877-Present [4]
The history of the United States from the Gilded Age through the early 21st century. Major topics include the impact of the Industrial Revolution on American life, the rise of the U.S. to a world power, the changing role of the federal government, and the ongoing struggle for civil rights.

UC Riverside

HIST 017A. Introduction to United States History (4)
Lecture, 3 hours; discussion, 1 hour. Prerequisite(s):
none. An introduction to the major themes and issues
in the history of the United States from colonialization
to the middle of the nineteenth century.

HIST 017B. Introduction to United States History (4)
Lecture, 3 hours; discussion, 1 hour. Prerequisite(s):
none. An introduction to the major themes and issues
in the history of the United States from the middle of
the nineteenth century to the present.

The only UC not listed here is UC San Francisco, which is a medical school only.

Ike
4/4/2012, 10:46 PM

SANTORUM: I was just reading something last night from the state of California. And that the California universities – I think it’s seven or eight of the California system of universities don’t even teach an American history course. It’s not even available to be taught.

The only UC not listed here is UC San Francisco, which is a medical school only.

He reads soonerfans?

SanJoaquinSooner
4/5/2012, 08:48 PM
He reads soonerfans?

He's got lurker written all over him. The quote above has to be the result of reading message boards.

SoonerProphet
4/6/2012, 10:11 AM
something last night from the state of california must be a murdoch owned outfit.

hawaii 5-0
4/6/2012, 10:27 AM

UC BERKELEY

UCLA

UC San Diego

UC Davis

UC Santa Barbara

UC Santa Cruz

UC Irvine

UC Merced

UC Riverside

They teach a few History of Medicine courses.

Santorum lied 100%

5-0

SanJoaquinSooner
4/15/2012, 09:31 PM
Pubfest 2012 has been kinda like The Sound of Music. The first half of the show was the most entertaining part.

Saul Relative, Yahoo! Contributor Network
Feb 28, 2009
Is Alaska Governor Sarah Palin really the frontrunner choice of the GOP to run for the presidency in 2012? According to a new poll she is.

"Rick Perry is already Republicans' top choice for the presidential nomination," says Rachel Weiner at The Washington Post. In the three national polls taken since Perry entered the race Aug. 13, Perry has double-digit leads over previous GOP frontrunner Mitt Romney.

AMES, Iowa — Riding a surge of support from social conservatives, Michele Bachmann claimed victory Saturday at the Ames GOP straw poll — a triumph that will cement her status as the Iowa frontrunner. The third-term Minnesota congresswoman won 4,823 votes, narrowly edging out Ron Paul, who got 4,671 votes.

Herman Cain shocked the GOP world on Saturday by winning the Florida straw poll, garnering 37% of the vote.

Newt Gingrich, frontrunner
Posted by Chris Cillizza at 03:30 PM ET, 12/12/2011 TheWashingtonPost
A funny thing happened over the past 48 hours or so: Newt Gingrich became the frontrunner for the Republicans presidential nomination.

By Napp Nazworth , Christian Post Reporter
February 24, 2012|9:36 am Now that Rick Santorum is the front-runner, does it mean that the Christian Right is alive and well?

Newt Gingrich: Mitt Romney The Weakest Republican Frontrunner In 90 Years

Is Rick Santorum Now the 2016 GOP Frontrunner?
Though Santorum is giving up on the 2012 nomination, can he win it in 2016?
By Tierney Sneed April 11, 2012

The opening SNL skit last night played off Pubfest 2012.

SanJoaquinSooner
4/23/2012, 11:40 PM
Jon Huntsman joked that his wife forbade him to pander to the party's far-right contingent ahead of Iowa's caucuses, which likely hurt him with conservative voters in the Hawkeye State.

“She said if you pandered, if you sign any of those damn pledges, I’ll leave you,” Huntsman said. "So I had to say I believe in science -- and people on stage look at you quizzically as though you're ... an oddball."

Chuck Bao
4/25/2012, 08:10 PM
Jon Huntsman joked that his wife forbade him to pander to the party's far-right contingent ahead of Iowa's caucuses, which likely hurt him with conservative voters in the Hawkeye State.

“She said if you pandered, if you sign any of those damn pledges, I’ll leave you,” Huntsman said. "So I had to say I believe in science -- and people on stage look at you quizzically as though you're ... an oddball."

After reading that, I'm liking Huntsman more and more.

Ike
4/26/2012, 04:16 PM
I kinda thought Huntsman was the only guy in the race decent enough to rate a vote for him.

In other words, completely unqualified.

Turd_Ferguson
4/26/2012, 04:29 PM
I actually came in here to read some of this drivel, but the pages are stuck together from the baby gravy all of you plonkers are spewing at each other...

okie52
4/26/2012, 04:32 PM

Huntsman certainly isn't afraid to pander to the left or change his position for political expediency.

I laugh at his man of science statement.

SanJoaquinSooner
4/29/2012, 11:54 PM
Huntsman certainly isn't afraid to pander to the left or change his position for political expediency.

I laugh at his man of science statement.

So is pandering to the left the thing to do in Utah?