15. Oklahoma,
16. Michigan State,
17. Clemson,
18. TCU,
19. Georgia,
20. Nebraska.

SOONER44EVER
12/4/2011, 02:37 AM
OSU deserves it. Bama already had their chance and lost at home.

BoulderSooner79
12/4/2011, 02:43 AM
I certainly believe there will be a lot of OSU or Bama discussion tomorrow.

SicEmBaylor
12/4/2011, 02:44 AM
*crosses fingers*

Let it be true...let it be true...let it be true.

Sooner02
12/4/2011, 02:54 AM
As much as I see their argument. Osu just lost in November to an unranked team. I don't think they should be #2.

John Kochtoston
12/4/2011, 03:05 AM
As much as OSU deserves the shot instead of Alabama, they have too much ground to make up in the computer polls.

GottaHavePride
12/4/2011, 09:47 AM
OSU lost the same week of their most recent plane crash. I'm sure their guys were a little out of sorts that week.

Just saying.

soonercoop1
12/4/2011, 09:50 AM
Bama didn't even play in their champ game let alone win their conference...they had their chance...hope they choose Bama as it would finally bring the BCS to an end and we can get to a playoff...

TitoMorelli
12/4/2011, 09:52 AM
OSU lost the same week of their most recent plane crash. I'm sure their guys were a little out of sorts that week.

Just saying.

Perhaps, but they were up by 24-7 in that game. Didn't seem to be affecting them up to that point.

TitoMorelli
12/4/2011, 09:54 AM
Bama didn't even play in their champ game let alone win their conference...they had their chance...hope they choose Bama as it would finally bring the BCS to an end and we can get to a playoff...

Until the BCS specifically states that a team must win its conference in order to play in the NCG, it's a moot argument. You're exactly right, though, that this system is one big bad joke.

MeMyself&Me
12/4/2011, 10:01 AM
Baylor is technically eligible for a BCS bowl at large selection.

OU is not.

GreenSooner
12/4/2011, 10:02 AM
Think how much fun a playoff would be involving even the top eight teams on BCSGuru's predicted list! (Though I suspect any actual playoff system would have major conference champs automatically qualify, so you'd need more teams in order to make room for the inevitable Clemsons, Wisconsins, and whichever Big lEast team ends up backing its way in.)

GreenSooner
12/4/2011, 10:03 AM

OU is not.

Much as it pains me to say it, given the way that both teams have played the last three weeks, this is as it should be.

AlboSooner
12/4/2011, 10:16 AM
People will take any argument to make SEC look good. It used to be "what quality teams have you beaten" because the SEC had a bunch of good teams.

Now that the SEC is down, people are taking the "what quality teams have you lost to" side of the argument. It's an argument of losing, with a loser's mentality.

Okie st has beaten better teams, is a conference champion, and has not lost to LSU at home. Bama had their chance and lost.

Always_Sooner
12/4/2011, 10:23 AM
The sad thing is, the majority of the voters compare the two losses. Loss to Iowa State for OSU, and Loss to LSU for Alabama. A better loss for Alabama.

MeMyself&Me
12/4/2011, 10:56 AM
If BCS Guru is right then I think the BCS bowls will fall as such:

BCS NC: LSU vs OSU
Fiesta: Stanford vs KSU
Sugar: Alabama vs Michigan
Orange: West Virginia vs Clemson
Rose: Oregon vs Wisconsin

Baylor will go to the Cotton. And OU to the Alamo.

soonerlaw
12/4/2011, 11:06 AM
What if OSU does not go to the NC, then OSU would go to the Fiesta... would that mean KSU to Cotton, Baylor To Alamo and OU to Insight??

MeMyself&Me
12/4/2011, 11:46 AM
What if OSU does not go to the NC, then OSU would go to the Fiesta... would that mean KSU to Cotton, Baylor To Alamo and OU to Insight??

I think the BCS selection is harder to predict if Bama goes to the NC game. I've seen some still having KSU make a BCS bowl (Sugar) in that case but I certainly think it's less likely to happen for KSU if OSU goes to the Fiesta. If KSU still makes the BCS then I think OU is still at the Alamo Bowl. If KSU does not make the BCS then the logical point would be for OU to fall to the Insight. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Insight passes on OU for someone else. Afterall, OU's been to Phoenix a lot and had a real bad showing last year for the Fiesta in terms of ticket sales, fan travel and such. If the Insight passes on OU, then OU to the Holiday.

SoonerMarkVA
12/4/2011, 12:15 PM

Just saying.

Yeah, people seem to be, nationally, just ignoring this. There is no doubt the events of earlier that day had a negative effect on the team's performance. Either they aren't aware of it, or they're pretty thick if they think it didn't matter.

Sooner_Tuf
12/4/2011, 01:45 PM
Nobody hates the pukes more than me but they have earned the trip to New Orleans this year.

oumartin
12/4/2011, 01:47 PM
Blaming their loss on plane cars is stoopid.

GottaHavePride
12/4/2011, 03:56 PM
Yes, blaming their loss on flying cars would be stupid.

However, a college athletic department is a pretty tight-knit community. You don't think it might be on their minds just a little bit that some people they're used to seeing around every day just died in a tragic accident?

sooner59
12/4/2011, 04:47 PM
They were up big on Iowa State. Then they blew a big lead and let them come back and win in Ames on national television on Friday night. That plane crash had nothing to do with them losing. Iowa State stepped up, made big plays, and OSU shat down their legs. I will argue that Bama had their chance and OSU should get to have their chance at LSU, given their wins this year, regardless of who they lost to. But to use that crash as an excuse for blowing a big lead holds no water.

Since71ASooner4Life
12/4/2011, 04:58 PM
Hope not - I want to see a legitimate NC game, and only Alabama gives us that. They are the best team, and they'll prove that if given the rematch. Missing 4 field goals wont happen again

ouwasp
12/4/2011, 04:59 PM
I imagine Mike Gundy has the intelligence and character to leave the plane crash out of any statement he might make. We'll see how things unfold.

SOONER44EVER
12/4/2011, 05:00 PM
Hope not - I want to see a legitimate NC game, and only Alabama gives us that. They are the best team, and they'll prove that if given the rematch. Missing 4 field goals wont happen again You seem so sure. You heading to Vegas to cash in?

SicEmBaylor
12/4/2011, 05:03 PM
Yes, blaming their loss on flying cars would be stupid.

Au Contraire. I can easily see how Weeden would be uspet. By this time, according to Back to the Future, were we not supposed to have flying cars by now? The lack of flying cars clearly had Weeden upset due to his advanced age. I think Weeden simply came to realize that at his age, he's unlikely to ever cruise the sky highway of Stillwater in a DeLorean.

soonercoop1
12/4/2011, 05:18 PM
Palm that does it for SECs CBS says no way OSU in it...go figure...with that beat down OSU deserves to be in the MNC game...

Since71ASooner4Life
12/4/2011, 05:36 PM
You seem so sure. You heading to Vegas to cash in?

I hope you're not suggesting Bama doesn't belong in that game? They might not beat LSU, because both teams have great defenses and strong running games (which is what wins championships) and we could get another baseball score, but I sure like their chances. Anyone else gets killed by LSU

SOONER44EVER
12/4/2011, 05:38 PM
I hope you're not suggesting Bama doesn't belong in that game? They might not beat LSU, because both teams have great defenses and strong running games (which is what wins championships) and we could get another baseball score, but I sure like their chances. Anyone else gets killed by LSUI just wonder how you're so sure anyone else will get crushed by LSU?

Since71ASooner4Life
12/4/2011, 05:58 PM
I just wonder how you're so sure anyone else will get crushed by LSU?

What wins games? Defense - right? Strong clock eating running games that keeps the opposing offense sitting on the bench - right? This characterizes LSU and Alabama, no one else. OSU, Stanford, Oregon, etc have great offenses, but don't have great defenses and cant beat either of those teams

Look back over the past 30 years and tell me whether the National Champion team make-up was like Bama and LSU, or one of these other teams. Look back at our NC Champion teams during that time, and tell me what characterized them

colleyvillesooner
12/4/2011, 06:03 PM
BCSGURU is about to be wrong.

And the whining from Stillwater and especially Boone will be Epic. Best team ever, had the NCG in their sights and Poke Choked. Hard.

They may have kicked our ***, but that will keep a smile on my face this offseason.

Since71ASooner4Life
12/4/2011, 06:11 PM

And the whining from Stillwater and especially Boone will be Epic. Best team ever, had the NCG in their sights and Poke Choked. Hard.

They may have kicked our ***, but that will keep a smile on my face this offseason.

Amen Brother!

oumartin
12/4/2011, 06:19 PM
Gonna buy myself an Iowa state hoodie if osu is left out

GreenSooner
12/4/2011, 06:24 PM

This would make me entirely happy if it resulted in the BCS ending (as it should, but won't).

I have no desire to see the Pokes in the MNC game, let alone to see them win it.

But they flat out deserve to be there. And while I'll enjoy the Schadenfreude of their fans whining as much as the next Sooner, the fact is their fans will be right.

GDC
12/4/2011, 06:24 PM

I so hope this is true...

TitoMorelli
12/4/2011, 06:36 PM
This would make me entirely happy if it resulted in the BCS ending (as it should, but won't).

I have no desire to see the Pokes in the MNC game, let alone to see them win it.

But they flat out deserve to be there. And while I'll enjoy the Schadenfreude of their fans whining as much as the next Sooner, the fact is their fans will be right.

OSU, Stanford and Bama all deserve a shot at the title along with LSU. The crappy system prevents it. But given the determining factors of the current system, there is no valid argument that any one team deserves to meet LSU instead of the other two. That's the mess they've created.

pappy
12/4/2011, 06:38 PM
Hope not - I want to see a legitimate NC game, and only Alabama gives us that. They are the best team, and they'll prove that if given the rematch. Missing 4 field goals wont happen again

bama doesn't have the resume' that osu has. Bama doesn't deserve a title shot. if they get in and beat lsu I will still say bama had no business being in that game. Osu has more wins vs bcs top 25 and bcs top 50 then bama does and osu won their conference...bama didn't even win their division in their conference. And don't give me the sec is so great crap. they are an overrated conference this season. the way the media talks you'd think all 12 teams in the sec are ranked in the top 25! Bama had their chance at lsu and failed.

GreenSooner
12/4/2011, 06:40 PM
OSU, Stanford and Bama all deserve a shot at the title along with LSU. The crappy system prevents it. But given the determining factors of the current system, there is no valid argument that any one team deserves to meet LSU instead of the other two. That's the mess they've created.

While I agree that about Stanford, I disagree about Bama. They had a shot, but they lost.

Your larger point, however, is correct. Given the wildly different schedules that college football teams play, there's simply no reliably good way to choose two teams to meet in a national championship game that doesn't involve a playoff system with at least eight teams in it. No amount of tweaking the system has, will, or can make the BCS work to do anything but what it was actually designed to do, i.e. assure that the folks cashing in on college football in the future are exactly the same folks who've cashed in on it in the past.

TitoMorelli
12/4/2011, 06:45 PM
bama doesn't have the resume' that osu has. Bama doesn't deserve a title shot. if they get in and beat lsu I will still say bama had no business being in that game. Osu has more wins vs bcs top 25 and bcs top 50 then bama does and osu won their conference...bama didn't even win their division in their conference. And don't give me the sec is so great crap. they are an overrated conference this season. the way the media talks you'd think all 12 teams in the sec are ranked in the top 25! Bama had their chance at lsu and failed.

Please show me where in the BCS format it states that a team must win its conference in order to qualify for the NCG. Not there?

And the part that forbids a rematch of a game played earlier in the season? Nope.

Please show me where the number of wins over top 25 teams is a major deciding criteria. Strength of schedule is already part of the computation. Not there?

The system sucks. But none of the reasons you've stated disqualifies Alabama from being in the title game.

SicEmBaylor
12/4/2011, 06:47 PM
All of the Texas media outlets are reporting, virtually simultaneously, that Baylor has accepted the Alamo Bowl. That means K-State to the Cotton and OSU gets the Big XII BCS slot meaning they remain at #3 and the MNC will be a LSU-'Bama rematch.

goingoneight
12/4/2011, 06:48 PM
I personally believe OSU earned a shot. Now, having said that... the plane crash is an excuse. The state of Alabama dealt with a whole lot worse this year than did OSU. I say this with the utmost respect for Coach Budke and the people affected and lost by the tragic accident. It was the women's basketball coach. That's like saying the guy a story above you who you've only ever seen before passed away so you need a day off work.

This is about what happened on the field an another example of why the BCS is the most retardiculous excuse for a system in all of the history of competition.

TXBOOMER
12/4/2011, 06:54 PM
Why is Stanford out of the discussion. Their only loss is against Oregon who is better than Iowa State. They won their conference. Bama is simply better than OSU or Stanford. I wish OSU would get in to see them play LSU at home. What a F'ed up experience that was.

TitoMorelli
12/4/2011, 06:56 PM
While I agree that about Stanford, I disagree about Bama. They had a shot, but they lost.

Your larger point, however, is correct. Given the wildly different schedules that college football teams play, there's simply no reliably good way to choose two teams to meet in a national championship game that doesn't involve a playoff system with at least eight teams in it. No amount of tweaking the system has, will, or can make the BCS work to do anything but what it was actually designed to do, i.e. assure that the folks cashing in on college football in the future are exactly the same folks who've cashed in on it in the past.

Thanks for the reply, Green. The current mess will continue any year that there aren't two clear-cut teams meeting. We've probably been lucky to see as many years without controversy as we have - last year, Texas-Alabama, etc.

MeMyself&Me
12/4/2011, 07:38 PM
Why is Stanford out of the discussion. Their only loss is against Oregon who is better than Iowa State. They won their conference. Bama is simply better than OSU or Stanford. I wish OSU would get in to see them play LSU at home. What a F'ed up experience that was.

Stanford isn't being talked about because of two things. 1) Stanfords SOS is no where near OSU's. 2) Stanford is not a conference winner like OSU. Those are the things that make the OSU/Bama debate go and Stanford is like OSU without a good SOS and without a conference title.

Sooner_Tuf
12/4/2011, 07:41 PM
We have already seen LSU/Bama in the single most hyped regular season game of the year. Bama already had their shot and they had it at home. Give someone else a shot.

marfacowboy
12/4/2011, 07:41 PM
I know there's sentiment for OSU, but Alabama is better. I'd prefer to see the best two teams, and I'm convinced if there was a playoff that's what you'd see.

MeMyself&Me
12/4/2011, 07:51 PM
I know there's sentiment for OSU, but Alabama is better. I'd prefer to see the best two teams, and I'm convinced if there was a playoff that's what you'd see.

There's no playoff and it's not about the best two teams. It's about the 2 best deserving teams. Or it should be.

MeMyself&Me
12/4/2011, 08:51 PM

OU is not.

Actually, OU is BCS at large eligible at 14. But falls all the way to Insight. Big 12 got screwed. Best conference showing OOC since 1996 and also 4 total teams eligible for BCS and only getting 1 team in.

TXBOOMER
12/4/2011, 08:56 PM
Can we please strip him of his Guru title??

MeMyself&Me
12/4/2011, 09:03 PM
Can we please strip him of his Guru title??

He's been really good until this time. Better than the rest until this time. I can understand missing the Bama/OSU deal, that was close. Missing on some of the other spots was bad though. I'd say pay more attention to Jerry Palmer in the future but he also thought OU was headed to the Cotton very late today. Who's the guy that ESPN uses?