PDA

View Full Version : Here to Collect, Not Gloat

NYC Poke
12/4/2011, 02:24 AM
I haven't posted here in a while. I had a disagreement with a horse the day before the Iowa State game -- I thought he should turn one way, he thought the exact opposite, and I ended up busting up my hand and wrist pretty good. Then we lost to Iowa State the next day and I couldn't view the words "foot" or "ball" in the same paragraph for a while. Talk about foreshadowing. Between the two, I haven't been around the 'puter much lately.

But I made a bet and I'm here to collect. I can't gloat because you guys have beat us too much over the years and you'll be back, as you always are. I have nothing but respect for your program and your head coach. Plus it is a very bittersweet victory because of the "could've been." Doesn't look like ESPN wants us to play our former head coach for the MNC.

I can't really say "good game" because it really wasn't, it was just one of those games like you get sometimes in CFB where one team gets some bad breaks and things just fall apart. Really, that's just kind of the way the whole college football season has gone this year overall.

Additionally, I wouldn't mind seeing some crow eaten from all those with whom I've debated our defense this season. Also those who said our success was dependent upon Weeden. We won this game with our defense and our running game.

Best wishes in your bowl game and next season. Hopefully this rivalry becomes more of one in the future, with MNC implications every year.

soonerinstlw
12/4/2011, 02:28 AM
prepare to be blasted NYC Poke. While your intent might be true, your timing is not good. Have you not read the ignorant, drunk, hate-filled posts on here tonight? It is nearly as embarrassing as OU's effort tonight.

sooner59
12/4/2011, 02:33 AM
I've never talked **** to you, nor praised you. But I have been around for your posts over the years. And I can say that you are not known as an ***hole. So...you know what? Props. Congrats. We have had a terrible season. We **** the bed. The 2011 Sooners are an embarrassment for what they propped themselves up to be. The 2011 Cowboys are a good team and they earned everything they got. Bravo.

NYC Poke
12/4/2011, 02:37 AM
prepare to be blasted NYC Poke. While your intent might be true, your timing is not good. Have you not read the ignorant, drunk, hate-filled posts on here tonight? It is nearly as embarrassing as OU's effort tonight.

Yeah, I was going to wait, but I don't know if I'll be around tomorrow. Those who know me know I'm sincere. I really can't stand the trolls that stir up trouble intentionally on other teams message boards. In my experience, the longtime Sooner fans can take this because they know they'll be back, the question is when.

Thanks for the warning, though.

NYC Poke
12/4/2011, 02:39 AM
I've never talked **** to you, nor praised you. But I have been around for your posts over the years. And I can say that you are not known as an ***hole. So...you know what? Props. Congrats. We have had a terrible season. We **** the bed. The 2011 Sooners are an embarrassment for what they propped themselves up to be. The 2011 Cowboys are a good team and they earned everything they got. Bravo.

Crap. Now I feel like an *******.

Blue
12/4/2011, 02:39 AM

Link? pretty tame if you asked me.

agoo758
12/4/2011, 02:42 AM
Meh. Congratulations. I don't think I have ever been less caring about a loss TBH. I am pulling for you guys to make the MNC.

soonerinstlw
12/4/2011, 02:46 AM
Link? pretty tame if you asked me.

Really? Fire the coaches, Jones sucks, we suck, we shouldn't be allowed to play football ever again, 50 coaches better than stoops, Ronnell Lewis should just go away, blah blah blah

Blue
12/4/2011, 02:51 AM
Really? Fire the coaches, Jones sucks, we suck, we shouldn't be allowed to play football ever again, 50 coaches better than stoops, Ronnell Lewis should just go away, blah blah blah

BV needs to go away. The criticism on landry is warranted. I don't agree but I can see it. We did suck tonight.

First time at Soonerfans? Welcome.

soonerinstlw
12/4/2011, 02:53 AM
BV needs to go away. The criticism on landry is warranted. I don't agree but I can see it. We did suck tonight.

First time at Soonerfans? Welcome.

I am here all the time, but I don't post a lot. I have certainly been here enough to know that the ingnorance is directly correlated to the magnitude of the loss.

NYC Poke
12/4/2011, 02:58 AM
OU coaching staff did a pretty good job with the hand they were dealt this season, IMO.

soonerinstlw
12/4/2011, 03:06 AM
OU coaching staff did a pretty good job with the hand they were dealt this season, IMO.

Now you are just being nice and providing excusses that any REAL OU fan should immediately dismiss. Did we have our issues this year? Sure, but that doesn't excuse the complete and total lack of effort tonight. No one can reasonably expect to win them all. All we really ask is that we play to win them all. I cannot say that happened tonight. Was that the coaches' fault or the players'. That is a debate that will never be decided. My take, if a player is running wide open (saw that tonight), then it is the coaches' fault. If someone is there to make the play and doesn't (saw that tonight and certainly in the tech debacle), then it is the players' fault.

OU is not the first, or last, team to face issues throughout the year. Dealing with said issues is what separates a championship team from the team you all whipped tonight. JMHO.

NYC Poke
12/4/2011, 03:17 AM
Yeah, and we've had those issues and you whipped us. Over and over and over.

My take on this game was one where the players got rattled. An example in my mind of this was when OU played USC in the MNC about 10 years back. OU's first drive was picture-perfect, resulting in a touchdown. OU's D stopped USC, but then fumbled the ensuing punt. USC scored and things just unraveled from there.

The tilting point in this game was our first interception. OU seemed flat after that.

Blue
12/4/2011, 03:19 AM
Osu is better at this point in the year. Nothing more really to say.

Okie35
12/4/2011, 03:26 AM
Osu is better at this point in the year. Nothing more really to say.

True, at least we'll win our bowl game.

soonerinstlw
12/4/2011, 03:34 AM
Yeah, and we've had those issues and you whipped us. Over and over and over.

My take on this game was one where the players got rattled. An example in my mind of this was when OU played USC in the MNC about 10 years back. OU's first drive was picture-perfect, resulting in a touchdown. OU's D stopped USC, but then fumbled the ensuing punt. USC scored and things just unraveled from there.

The tilting point in this game was our first interception. OU seemed flat after that.

Very nice observation on the USC game. Are you a closet OU fan? The punt was a microcosm of that game. It was completely out of character and didn't look like the same team I watched the entire year up until that point. Same thing with the game tonight. Sure OU has laid an egg or two, but we looked like a deer in headlights tonight. We looked like the team that had the mental/emotional block and an eight game losing streak (sincerely not trying to talk trash). It was unexplainable and completely unlike what I expected to happen.

No one likes to lose, but I hate not trying to win. I truely hope OSU gets a shot at those d-bags, but I would not wish playing those inbreds in Naw Lens on my worst enemy. We need to advocate for a MNC in T-Town. Seems only fair.

soonerinstlw
12/4/2011, 03:36 AM
True, at least we'll win our bowl game.

Please don't. You sound like those sub 500 OSU teams laughing at us for losing the MNC - or other BCS games. I hope that you are being ironical.

NYC Poke
12/4/2011, 03:45 AM
Very nice observation on the USC game. Are you a closet OU fan? The punt was a microcosm of that game. It was completely out of character and didn't look like the same team I watched the entire year up until that point. Same thing with the game tonight. Sure OU has laid an egg or two, but we looked like a deer in headlights tonight. We looked like the team that had the mental/emotional block and an eight game losing streak (sincerely not trying to talk trash). It was unexplainable and completely unlike what I expected to happen.

No one likes to lose, but I hate not trying to win. I truely hope OSU gets a shot at those d-bags, but I would not wish playing those inbreds in Naw Lens on my worst enemy. We need to advocate for a MNC in T-Town. Seems only fair.

Despite my moniker, I'm living in East Texas now with several of those types. I know how they are.

olevetonahill
12/4/2011, 03:53 AM
NYC, I told you Id Give ya Grats and I have and did.
Yall kicked our butts . No excuses , We were outplayed and out coached. Plus Yall stole our Sooner Magic
Good Game on the pokes Us not so much
Good luck where ever yer team lands in the bowls

NYC Poke
12/4/2011, 03:57 AM
Did you say "bowls" or "bowels"? :cower:

Love you, man.

soonerinstlw
12/4/2011, 03:58 AM
Despite my moniker, I'm living in East Texas now with several of those types. I know how they are.

NYC to East Texas? Is that considered an upgrade or downgrade? You either have to deal with texans who think the location in which they were born gives them a right to be arrogant jerk-offs or with yanks who think the location in which they were born gives them a right to be arrogant jerk-offs. And, not too many of either are too keen on mastering the english language (generalization, I know). I have to say that I love "fly over" country.

olevetonahill
12/4/2011, 04:28 AM
Did you say "bowls" or "bowels"? :cower:

Love you, man.
You know what I said LOL . Get thee back to the Hideout when ya can

olevetonahill
12/4/2011, 04:29 AM
NYC to East Texas? Is that considered an upgrade or downgrade? You either have to deal with texans who think the location in which they were born gives them a right to be arrogant jerk-offs or with yanks who think the location in which they were born gives them a right to be arrogant jerk-offs. And, not too many of either are too keen on mastering the english language (generalization, I know). I have to say that I love "fly over" country.

NYCPoke is the ONLY Poke that has ever been invited to the hideout

AlbqSooner
12/4/2011, 09:04 AM
I know good and well that had the game turned out differently NYC would have been here to make good on his bets. I don't begrudge him at all coming to collect. NYC is one of the few pokies I can handle.

Pokie state deserves a shot at lsu imho.

soonerloyal
12/4/2011, 09:11 AM
I haven't posted here in a while. I had a disagreement with a horse the day before the Iowa State game -- I thought he should turn one way, he thought the exact opposite, and I ended up busting up my hand and wrist pretty good. Then we lost to Iowa State the next day and I couldn't view the words "foot" or "ball" in the same paragraph for a while. Talk about foreshadowing. Between the two, I haven't been around the 'puter much lately.

But I made a bet and I'm here to collect. I can't gloat because you guys have beat us too much over the years and you'll be back, as you always are. I have nothing but respect for your program and your head coach. Plus it is a very bittersweet victory because of the "could've been." Doesn't look like ESPN wants us to play our former head coach for the MNC.

I can't really say "good game" because it really wasn't, it was just one of those games like you get sometimes in CFB where one team gets some bad breaks and things just fall apart. Really, that's just kind of the way the whole college football season has gone this year overall.

Additionally, I wouldn't mind seeing some crow eaten from all those with whom I've debated our defense this season. Also those who said our success was dependent upon Weeden. We won this game with our defense and our running game.

Best wishes in your bowl game and next season. Hopefully this rivalry becomes more of one in the future, with MNC implications every year.

Well, in the event OSU won, I offered to make a donation in MRW Cowboy's name to the Semper Fi Wounded Warrior fund. I never got a response, so do you have anyone to honor with my donation? Feel free to IM me.

AlboSooner
12/4/2011, 10:19 AM
You're full of yourself. No need for this thread.

GrapevineSooner
12/4/2011, 10:28 AM

As an arrogant jerk-off from Texas, I agree.

BTW, Congrats Poke.

I hope more OSU fans like you view this conference championship as not a destination, but a step to bigger things to come.

Nothing but good can come from this. The rivalry gets enhanced. And from a recruiting standpoint, more and more kids from Texas will look north to play ball as opposed to staying in-state.

It'll drive the ignorant idiots from the 'Texas kids should stay and play IN Texas' camp nuts.

C&CDean
12/4/2011, 10:33 AM
You're full of yourself. No need for this thread.

Not necessary.

SoonerKnight
12/4/2011, 10:37 AM
Actually, I was one that did not believe the poke D was going to be that good. I was wrong. Are they good enough to win it all? Not sure. I would like to see that game though!

sooner n houston
12/4/2011, 10:52 AM
Best of luck to OSU in the MNC game! I will be rooting for y'all. Please beat LSU!!!

StoopTroup
12/4/2011, 11:18 AM

Yup....you could see the boat load of stupid boiling all week. Fire Venables, Graphs and Charts, 8 years of stats on Venables when he's been here as long as Stoops has. Blaming every Coach on the Team for something.

We lost games this year because of injuries and the fact that we replaced a damn good Running Back that graduated and went to the NFL.

BTW.....That's the way you are supposed to do it. Props to Travis Lewis for at least finishing last night. Ronnell.....sad. If a guy can just turn his back on his Team and leave for the NFL before he completes the Season before it's over....it's exactly what is ailing our Sooners. It happened due to this run of injuries we've had that seems to be happening since Bradford and Gresham had it happen. Tons of Players have been around to see it all behind the scenes. It seems to have taken it's toll too. Dom Whaley for example. Was it a wise thing to give him a Scholarship right after he was out for the Season? Time will tell. Was it the right thing to do morally? Absolutely. We have plenty of money to help that kid out. Thing is....you hear stuff like that and then you hear some fans all pissed off about how Bob Stoops makes 4-5 million per year....blah blah blah....

The problem isn't that Bob Stoops makes to much money. It's that these kids think their futures are gonna be better once they get to the NFL. The ones that come here and take these easy courses so they can walk around waiting for someone to give them money or a car is what is the problem. It's plagued The Sooner program for decades. Why? Because we are successful. Because we win and we win a lot. Even though some folks think this year was an embarrassment or a huge disappointment.....I still continue to think that these things happen from time to time. It's what the University does about it that makes all the difference.

I like our chances of surviving this let down. I mean...it's a let down. Tech, Baylor and oSu had better Teams this year than they have had in the past. I really thought that Tech wouldn't win a damn game at all this year but they some how had as good a year as fexas did last year.

Folks don't like those stats.

Injuries and it seems some attitudes on the Team have a lot more to do with OU being 9-3 right now than any of this "Fire Venables, Stoops isn't Worth the money he's paid!, Landry Jones Sucks!" BS.

Soonerinstlw is absolutely right.

NYCPoke is a good guy. His Team pulled off a Miracle. OU fell apart as a Team last night. No Poke Fan could have gotten a bigger wish fulfilled than what they got last night.

Congrats on the win.

Soonerjeepman
12/4/2011, 11:36 AM
Congrats....you guys kicked our a$$..without a doubt. Seemed to me OU's attitude was relaxed not urgent like the Pokes.

Good luck in getting to the MNC..hopefully you'll get in and beat lsu...man I HATE the sec....

It would have been nice to be 100% and see what kind of game we would have given ya...they way your team played last night don't think it would have mattered.

OUmillenium
12/4/2011, 11:43 AM
OSU wanted it more and it showed.

Congrats Pokes, you earned it.

I Am Right
12/4/2011, 12:03 PM

Gloating

Sooner_Tuf
12/4/2011, 01:52 PM
Congrats Poke. Haven't heard any updates for a while but your family has been in my prayers for sometime now.

Is East Texas that much worse then NYC was without a job? Anyways good luck with the wrist. Injuries like that can be a bugger to get over.

AlbqSooner
12/4/2011, 06:47 PM
Gloating

You Are Wrong.

C&CDean
12/4/2011, 06:54 PM
Oh he may be gloating, but he deserves to. NO?

SoonerKnight
12/4/2011, 07:00 PM
But the aggies will always be sheep humpers!!! Oh! GOD! OU lost in a really bad way to sheep humpers!!! Seriously guess the only medicine is to watch them get shunned from the chance at what will probably be the once in 50-100 year shot at the MNC!! Somehow even though I am not a OSU fan I actually think that it is wrong to let Alabama have another shot!! Stupid just stupid. Not sure many people will watch!! OSU would be the under dog story. The school that never made it in football and now look at them. They would be the new Boise only from a real conference!!

SoonerKnight
12/4/2011, 07:01 PM
Oh he may be gloating, but he deserves to. NO?

Yes! I guess. Too SOON! NO?

Lott's Bandana
12/4/2011, 07:02 PM
I just hope this is a continuation of a great Holiday period for you, great memories of the game and those of time spent with your family.

Here's a raised glass of single malt...

C&CDean
12/4/2011, 07:04 PM
Salud! aglets. Irish for me. Neat.

GDC
12/4/2011, 08:48 PM

Way too soon. Now go **** yourself.

picasso
12/4/2011, 08:51 PM

Umm your running game was successful BECAUSE of Weeden. Otherwise we stack the box.

NYC Poke
12/5/2011, 02:09 PM
I may have posted this thread too soon, but I really wasn't gloating because I knew we'd end up getting shut out of the MNC game. It was a bittersweet victory in that regard.

As for MRW's bets, I don't really feel right designating anything for him. He had been around much more than me this season. Surely he'll be back, no?

Speaking of bittersweet, our new-found success comes at a price, one with which I am sure you are all too familiar. The SEC trolls are out in force on our board. Funny how their mantras change from year to year. We are no longer hearing "every week is a war!" and "every week counts!" I haven't even seen anything involving "SEC speed!" It's far more retarded than that.

NYC Poke
12/5/2011, 02:10 PM
Oh, and the area of East Texas I'm in is called the ArkLaTex. The combination is appropriate, because it seems to combine the worst attributes of these states.

thecrimsoncrusader
12/5/2011, 02:23 PM
Congrats to OSU on the win, but regardless of the outcome of the game, OSU's defense still sucks and the numbers prove it. You want to know why Oklahoma only scored 10 points? It's called Landry hasn't thrown a TD pass since losing Broyles. It's called Landry hasn't thrown a TD pass in 3 straight games. It's called Oklahoma only scored 26 points against Iowa St. It's called this Oklahoma team already mailed it in after their 2nd loss of the season. It's pretty simple. When a defense is giving up close to 30 points per game, 300 passing yards per game, 200 rushing yards per game and is one of the worst 1st and 3rd down defenses in the nation, their defense sucks. Plain and simple.

Jammin'
12/5/2011, 02:24 PM
NYCPoke is the ONLY Poke that has ever been invited to the hideout

Santa's watching vet.

StoopTroup
12/5/2011, 02:29 PM
lol

badger
12/5/2011, 02:31 PM
Maybe the SEC should host its own in-house tournament to determine which one of its teams it sends up against the rest of the country. At least then, we wouldn't have an all SEC title game. <sigh> zzzzzzzzz. gag

badger
12/5/2011, 02:34 PM
New sig and new status posted. "4th place in the Big XII" heh heh... well at least it's not last I guess... defense wins championships? Technically they only won one, unless they're counting the co-co-co South divisional thingie last year... meh...

Unless you banned or drove off Cowboy MWC, I'm probably going to get a new avatar soon... ah well, awesome dunking pic from Friday's basketball game till then :(

CowboyMRW
12/5/2011, 02:35 PM
Any 2 you want NYC you can take and I'll take the other 2. It's no biggie to me at all. They were all made in fun.

Edit: I got Location and Avatar. Sweet.

Edit, Edit: vBookie not Location. How much did vBookie win Saturday? and would you like to pay some good ones out? The OSU-Stanford vBookie is going to be Legen---- wait for it..... Dary, Legendary!!!!

StoopTroup
12/5/2011, 02:36 PM
Folks just need to quit trippin. The damn system worked pretty good. Teams lost a bunch of games they shouldn't have and it hurt them. Bama lost to the only undefeated Team in the Nation. It wasn't a Great Game but if was a Defensive Struggle.

What hurt the Big XII was not having a Championship Game with two Division Champs playing against each other for all the marbles. oSu played us and it meant a lot to us and them but it meant very little to the rest of the Nation.

badger
12/5/2011, 02:37 PM
Here (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?163716-F-OKIE-LITE-THE-SEQUEL-EIGHT-IN-A-ROW)'s some pics I can use for new avatar :P

StoopTroup
12/5/2011, 02:37 PM
Any 2 you want NYC you can take and I'll take the other 2. It's no biggie to me at all. They were all made in fun.

Edit: I got Location and Avatar. Sweet.

BTW....you are a pretty good poster here as aggies go and I didn't get a chance to tell you Congrats.

Congrats.

badger
12/5/2011, 02:42 PM
n00bs are gonna think I'm a poke fan here to gloat or something. :mad:

Well, they already think I'm a dude, so whatev, maybe I should start some n00b fishin' bait thread posing as a Poke fan and see how many call for me to get banned :D

CowboyMRW
12/5/2011, 02:42 PM
BTW....you are a pretty good poster here as aggies go and I didn't get a chance to tell you Congrats.

Congrats.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

badger
12/5/2011, 02:43 PM
So as for the vBookie thing, would a month's worth of OSU sports events appease you? I could even through in some rasslin since that's a sport that they actually let you compete in national titles in :stunned:

stoops the eternal pimp
12/5/2011, 02:44 PM
hahhaha...badger...aggy

badger
12/5/2011, 02:46 PM
hahhaha...badger...aggy

You know, I might not be a real modador, but I can still issue infraction cards for posts I don't like :mad:

CowboyMRW
12/5/2011, 02:47 PM
So as for the vBookie thing, would a month's worth of OSU sports events appease you? I could even through in some rasslin since that's a sport that they actually let you compete in national titles in :stunned:

That would be fine with me. If you need schedules I can get them for you. We did win wrestling last night against Minnesota. #2 v. #4. No big deal :biggrin:

badger
12/5/2011, 02:48 PM
That would be fine with me. If you need schedules I can get them for you. We did win wrestling last night against Minnesota. #2 v. #4. No big deal :biggrin:

I can grab them off of your athletic site... that is assuming that your aggys don't use carrier pigeons anymore. Have you all upgraded to the intrawebs, yet, or is that something you're waiting for Boone to fund :P

badger
12/5/2011, 02:49 PM
Oh, and angry face at your athletic site's main image :mad:

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/okst/graphics/splash/bedlam-1.jpg

CowboyMRW
12/5/2011, 02:51 PM
I can grab them off of your athletic site... that is assuming that your aggys don't use carrier pigeons anymore. Have you all upgraded to the intrawebs, yet, or is that something you're waiting for Boone to fund :P

It depends when you go. If you go to the site at night, then be ready for it to take a while to load as usually the hamsters have clocked out by then that power our school.

NYC Poke
12/5/2011, 02:57 PM
This is the biggest laugh I've had in a while. Thanks for being such a good sport, badg.

badger
12/5/2011, 03:08 PM
OK you two, as you can see I have 100 percent complied with our little wager. You even have three Poke events (mens and womens basketball and rasslin) to vBet on all to your Poke hearts content :mad:

:D And now, some music:

The prairie wind touches our skin
Another maverick morning begins
Wild west eyes rise before the sun
We are young guns on the run
Hang ‘em high, pistols to the sky
We ride, we ride, ‘cross the line

It’s in our veins
The feel of the reins
.45’s, chaps, bandannas and spurs
We are cowboys forever

Stay here today, gone tomorrow
The open range is our home
All that we own lives inside our soul
We are cowboy to the bone

It is in our veins
The feel of the reins
We are cowboys forever

Riding Bullet across the plains
To avenge our kin’s blood and name
In bedlam we will rise and stand
With strength and honor to defend our land

It’s in our veins
The feel of the reins
We are cowboys forever

We are, we are
Cowboys forever

badger
12/5/2011, 03:32 PM
Additionally, I wouldn't mind seeing some crow eaten from all those with whom I've debated our defense this season.

I must say that you orangies have an unnatural obsession with the phrase "eat crow." Perhaps instead of fearing for the sheep we should be fearing for the crow in Stillwater? :stunned:

http://i.picasion.com/pic47/ab8cb86925828d56527309039ffca598.gif

stoops the eternal pimp
12/5/2011, 03:42 PM
Badger, I'm about to start deleting your posts...:excitement:

badger
12/5/2011, 03:44 PM
Badger, I'm about to start deleting your posts...:excitement:

Can you start with the delete me thread?

Lott's Bandana
12/5/2011, 05:33 PM
n00bs are gonna think I'm a poke fan here to gloat or something. :mad:

Well, they already think I'm a dude, so whatev, maybe I should start some n00b fishin' bait thread posing as a Poke fan and see how many call for me to get banned :D

Poke dude.

NormanPride
12/5/2011, 05:37 PM
Why does a poke fan have so many posts on a Sooner board? Durrrrr...

badger
12/5/2011, 05:39 PM
Why does a poke fan have so many posts on a Sooner board? Durrrrr...

Why don't you just throw this avatar up, dear?

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/ou-osu-house-divided.jpg

:mad: Don't actually do that.

GDC
12/5/2011, 07:35 PM
This thread sucks *****.