PDA

View Full Version : Last year, the Packers didn't win their conference, or even their division.

agoo758
12/4/2011, 12:43 AM
What is with all this "you cant win a national championship without winning your conference" crap. Can not the second best team in the country be the second best team in their conference? Do all of these pro-playoff people realize that you can win MNC without even winning the conference?

btb916
12/4/2011, 12:45 AM
What college has a Packers mascot?

Oh right, they are an NFL team, where you can get into the PLAYOFFS as a wild card...different postseason and all that.

Your post is incoherent BTW. And 'Bama already had their chance. THEY LOST.

AlboSooner
12/4/2011, 12:46 AM
I don't know if monkeys know the difference between NFL and college model of deciding a championship, or that NFL has 32 teams and NCAA division one has 120, or that college football has more parity than college football.

Blue
12/4/2011, 12:47 AM
Well if the Packers were playing in the BCS where the "regular season matters", they should have stayed home. Whats the NFL have to do with college football, monkey?

AlboSooner
12/4/2011, 12:48 AM
Well if the Packers were playing in the BCS where the "regular season matters", they should have stayed home. Whats the NFL have to do with college football, monkey?

Beats me. Why bad mouth monkeys anyway? What have they ever done to OP?

nighttrain12
12/4/2011, 12:48 AM
The NFL has a PLAYOFF system with 12 teams in it. OSU and Alabama would easily both make a 12 team playoff in college this season.

GreenSooner
12/4/2011, 12:49 AM
NFL has a playoff system. So should college.

But it doesn't. Instead it has the BCS.

Alabama has had a shot. They lost.

They need to sit down and give OSU a chance, much as it pains me to see the Pokes in the MNC game.

GreenSooner
12/4/2011, 12:49 AM
The NFL has a PLAYOFF system with 12 teams in it. OSU and Alabama would easily both make a 12 team playoff in college this season.

This.

agoo758
12/4/2011, 12:50 AM
Your post is incoherent BTW. And 'Bama already had their chance. THEY LOST.

So you are saying that LSU or Alabama have to beat two top three teams while Diet Oklahoma only has to beat one?

By saying that, you are basically arguing that one team basically has to win the National Championship Twice by beating the other two teams. Guess what? Alabama had their chance, but even if they won they would still have to play Ok State. So you think it is fair that one team basically gets to sit out and do nothing while waiting on whoever beats each other? You can make a case that State should be at #2, but solely on the basis of "they had their chance" is pretty dumb IMO.

agoo758
12/4/2011, 12:53 AM

Yes, I am aware that the Packers are not in college football, but in your pointless quest of insulting me, you missed the entire point of my argument. What does winning the conference have to do with playing in the National Championship? Could you explain to me why Alabama should be punished for losing to LSU while Okie should be rewarded for losing to Iowa State?

IndySooner
12/4/2011, 12:54 AM
Alabama had to beat THREE teams in the top-25. THREE.

Let's not act like the SEC is great this year. Alabama, Arkansas and LSU are a COMBINED 19-0 against the rest of the conference, which is NOT VERY GOOD. There were three good teams. That's it.

btb916
12/4/2011, 12:54 AM
So you are saying that LSU or Alabama have to beat two top three teams while Diet Oklahoma only has to beat one?

By saying that, you are basically arguing that one team basically has to win the National Championship Twice by beating the other two teams. Guess what? Alabama had their chance, but even if they won they would still have to play Ok State. So you think it is fair that one team basically gets to sit out and do nothing while waiting on whoever beats each other? You can make a case that State should be at #2, but solely on the basis of "they had their chance" is pretty dumb IMO.

I can barely follow your posts. But I'll try my best.

THERE SHOULD BE A BETTER SYSTEM THAN THE BCS. BUT SINCE WE'RE STUCK WITH IT, IF TEAM A(LABAMA) LOSES TO TEAM L(SU) IN THE REGULAR SEASON, THEN I THINK TEAM A(LABAM) SHOULD NOT GET A REMATCH IN THE NATIONAL TITLE GAME AGAINST TEAM L(SU) BECAUSE (1) BAMA ALREADY HAD THEIR CHANCE, AND (2) IT'S A NATIONAL TITLE GAME, NOT AN SEC TITLE GAME.

That's not dumb at all, it's just something you disagree with. Sorry. A national championship game in this system SHOULD NEVER include two teams from the same conference. That's my opinion and my opinion will not change.

IndySooner
12/4/2011, 12:56 AM
Yes, I am aware that the Packers are not in college football, but in your pointless quest of insulting me, you missed the entire point of my argument. What does winning the conference have to do with playing in the National Championship? Could you explain to me why Alabama should be punished for losing to LSU while Okie should be rewarded for losing to Iowa State?Can you explain why Alabama deserves to go with wins over Arkansas, Penn State and .......... vs. OSU's wins over Oklahoma, Baylor, Kansas State, Texas & Mizzou?

Blue
12/4/2011, 12:57 AM
Yes, I am aware that the Packers are not in college football, but in your pointless quest of insulting me, you missed the entire point of my argument. What does winning the conference have to do with playing in the National Championship? Could you explain to me why Alabama should be punished for losing to LSU while Okie should be rewarded for losing to Iowa State?

Not trying to insult you.

Bc college football is extremely subjective. Alabama cant beat Miami in 92. Miami is unbeatable. Tenn can't beat FSU in 98. FSU is unbeatable. OU beating FSU in 00. OSU beating Miami.

Ya gotta give someone else a shot.

agoo758
12/4/2011, 12:58 AM
I can barely follow your posts.

My written words aren't that hard to follow. Try picking up a book once in a while and practice reading, and please turn your Caps Lock off. It just makes you sound like a bigger idiot than you already are.

agoo758
12/4/2011, 01:00 AM
Can you explain why Alabama deserves to go with wins over Arkansas, Penn State and .......... vs. OSU's wins over Oklahoma, Baylor, Kansas State, Texas & Mizzou?

Now see. That's a valid argument.

TitoMorelli
12/4/2011, 01:15 AM
Can you explain why Alabama deserves to go with wins over Arkansas, Penn State and .......... vs. OSU's wins over Oklahoma, Baylor, Kansas State, Texas & Mizzou?

Have to disagree with your argument, Indy. Just how great were Texas and Mizzou? Or Oklahoma by season's end, for that matter?

The system isn't fair. What is most unfair is that there is only a two-team playoff, which will always leave out someone with a legitimate claim. Bama lost to a team in overtime that has shredded every other school it has faced. The Pokes lost to a team that struggled all year just to make a bowl game. The Tide beat every other opponent it faced by at least 16 points. The Cowboys struggled to edge both K-State and A&M. imo Bama's claim to being in the NCG is just as strong if not stronger.