PDA

View Full Version : Why the hell

LVSOONER15
12/3/2011, 11:41 PM
Does Landry just stand with his hands in his pocket looking scared. Have some emotion in the game!!! Looks
like he don't care.

LiveLaughLove
12/3/2011, 11:43 PM
My wife who nevere speaks badly of anyone, has on numerous occasions said that she cannot stand how LJ looks on the sidelines. He looks lost, or dumbfounded or something. Certainly not over there inspiring his teammates.

He holds his mouth open like he was just asked a physics question by Einstein.

SOONER44EVER
12/3/2011, 11:55 PM
All the players act odd on this team. Not 1 leader on the team. Not 1 player plays with attitude.

LawtonBoy74
12/3/2011, 11:57 PM
And they are SOFT!!! Numerous times Travis Lewis let OSU's center take it to him tonight!!! We are SOFT!!! Not very physical at all

MyT Oklahoma
12/3/2011, 11:57 PM
Don't be hard on our kids they are only 18 - 21 or so.

Did any of you walk on water at that age? Yeah.. I didn't think so.

Bet you didn't play Division 1 college football either.. huh?

lasooner123
12/3/2011, 11:58 PM
i like tom wort

SOONER44EVER
12/3/2011, 11:59 PM

Who is saying that? We are just saying that this team is soft and lacking leaders compared to other OU teams.

kenth68
12/4/2011, 12:00 AM

poor babies, playing those hardened adults on the other teams.. oh, wait, they're all that age

kenth68
12/4/2011, 12:01 AM

poor babies, playing those hardened adults on the other teams.. oh, wait, they're all that age

LawtonBoy74
12/4/2011, 12:01 AM
Nope, I played D 2... but I bet a lot of people played high school ball with way more passion than a lot of these players show... just saying... And 18 to 21 is old enough to take critisicm!!! We have 18 to 21 year olds putting their lives on the line overseas for us, so being 18 to 21 is old enough to take football critisicm!!!

LawtonBoy74
12/4/2011, 12:03 AM
And Brandon Weeden is 28!!! Older than me btw!!

LiveLaughLove
12/4/2011, 12:04 AM

Wow. I think your heart just bled on me. I played NAIA. Same f'ing game, same f'ing ages, except we actually had to do our own school work.

hawaii 5-0
12/4/2011, 12:07 AM
i like tom wort

I like Tom Wort too but often he gets taken out of the play by a lineman. It's happened all season. He's not very good at shedding blocks.

5-0

LawtonBoy74
12/4/2011, 12:12 AM
B. Venables teaches the linebackers to engage the O-lineman then to shed them... the only problem is our linebackers aren't extremely strong, their kind of soft. Yes, they engage the O-lineman but they do not shed them afterwards. Most of the time the linebackers are getting handled!! Now this partly is the interior D-lineman faults too because they did not keep the O-lineman off of the linebackers

SoonerMom2
12/4/2011, 12:17 AM
Some of you forget that Travis Lewis has played injured since the FSU but he is still one of the best we have on the field. He never completely healed but came back to help the team.

Landry Jones has not been the same since Broyles went out and Whaley before that. He looked bad at the TT game and ok for K-State but horrible since then. Without Bell not sure we we have beat ISU by 20.

MyT Oklahoma
12/4/2011, 12:25 AM
I really don't care if you played high school ball or Division 1 or Division 2 ball. I never go after our players. I prefer going after our coaches (and yes they are truly overpaid for the product they delivered this year despite all of our injuries).

However.. if any of you can do any better please walk on next spring. That should be a hoot.

SOONER44EVER
12/4/2011, 12:29 AM
I really don't care if you played high school ball or Division 1 or Division 2 ball. I never go after our players. I prefer going after our coaches (and yes they are truly overpaid for the product they delivered this year despite all of our injuries).

However.. if any of you can do any better please walk on next spring. That should be a hoot.I can't do as good as the players. I think I could lose 2 or 3 games for 4 or 5 million a year as head coach though.

n8v_ndn
12/4/2011, 01:35 AM
All I know is the body language & attitude of the team, on both sides of the ball, was night & day different when you compare the FSU game and tonight. Remember the secondary getting angry and excited when they let that backup FSU QB throw that TD?

I started having flashbacks to that Orange Bowl vs. USC at times tonight. No fire, no excitement, just flat and resigned to lose.

The most points a Stoops' led OU team has been able to overcome on the road and win is...14 points. Last year's game vs. Nebraska was at a neutral site and was a 17 point hole.

landrun
12/4/2011, 01:48 AM
i like tom wort

He's another over-rated OU LB in a long line of over-rated OU LBs.

TitoMorelli
12/4/2011, 01:53 AM

However.. if any of you can do any better please walk on next spring. That should be a hoot.

And I don't care whether you ever go after our players or not. If we had the athletic ability that these guys have and failed to produce, you might have some semblance of an argument.

The fact that they have been outplayed by schools with lesser athletes but apparently more heart is ripe for discussion, whether you like it or not.

Tear Down This Wall
12/4/2011, 01:55 AM
Some of you forget that Travis Lewis has played injured since the FSU but he is still one of the best we have on the field. He never completely healed but came back to help the team.

Landry Jones has not been the same since Broyles went out and Whaley before that. He looked bad at the TT game and ok for K-State but horrible since then. Without Bell not sure we we have beat ISU by 20.

We're not forgetting that...we're wondering why, when any player is injured, Stoops doesn't have another 4- or 5-star recruit to step into his place an kick *** to same degree like Les Miles and Nick Saban do.

MyT Oklahoma
12/4/2011, 03:03 AM
Whether they play hard or not is all subjective.What I consider to be hard play may not meet your definition.

However.. if you think our team sucks then please go tell them that in person next week. Something tells me though that its easier for you to post on the Internet then to tell someone they suck face-to-face. Still I'd love to see some of you try it just one time.

I've been following Sooner football for 40 years. I was not happy with the game last night but still I never go after our players. Our coaches though are a whole different story.

Blue
12/4/2011, 03:03 AM
The fact that they have been outplayed by schools with lesser athletes but apparently more heart is ripe for discussion, whether you like it or not.

Im starting to think we dont have better athletes.

Okie35
12/4/2011, 03:34 AM
Im starting to think we dont have better athletes.

Wrong. We play stupid though. Who passes that much? Finch 9 carries?! lol Millard 5 carries?! lol Don't let me get on Clay and Williams lol

Bruiser53
12/4/2011, 09:37 AM
Wrong. We play stupid though. Who passes that much? Finch 9 carries?! lol Millard 5 carries?! lol Don't let me get on Clay and Williams lol

Yes to this.

The real question is "Why the hell were we on pace to throw the ball 76 times a game at half when our recievers sans Broyles were not getting it done? And why the well did we only run the ball 10 times in the first half when OSU's interior run D has not been great this year and we were averaging about 5 yrds a pop?

I'm not going to knock down Landry for his reserved personality. Not everyone is a rah rah guy who get's in guys faces on the sidelines, and nothing is going to change that. The change that needs to be made is we need to completely reevaluate this poor man's Mike Leach offense we have become more and more relliant on and forge our identity as a tough, run firstt offense, because nothing about our team's identity was tough this year. When the going got tough, the team folded this year plain and simple. Outscoring people w/ videogame playcalling has NOT worked for us this year Playing a physical, run based offense I think will help solve some of those toughness issues that people see when Landry is just standing there on the sidelines.