PDA

View Full Version : Schedule makers

winout
12/3/2011, 11:36 PM
How would this had been different if we were playing at home as it should have been?

StoopTroup
12/3/2011, 11:37 PM
We had zero choice in it.

Always_Sooner
12/3/2011, 11:37 PM
I agree with your point, but we knew last season, that the schedule was set up for us to play in Stillwater two years in a row.

lasooner123
12/3/2011, 11:38 PM
vegas gives 3......44 13 or so

arcman46
12/3/2011, 11:39 PM
We just had too many injuries this year to be able to keep up.

kevpks
12/3/2011, 11:42 PM
Oh we had a choice. It's called the SEC. There is no way we ever should have agreed to go back to Stillwater and given them a bye week to boot. It is not why we lost, but why the hell would we do that and why was it necessary for scheduling purposes?

LawtonBoy74
12/3/2011, 11:44 PM
We would have been blown out regardless... especially if we come out executing like we did. TERRIBLE!!! I'm pissed!!!

Always_Sooner
12/3/2011, 11:45 PM
Every team that remained in the conference had to play back to back seasons of playing on the road. OU played both Baylor and Oklahoma State on the road. Oklahoma got Texas Tech at home two years in a row. OSU played UT in Austin two years in a row.

Always_Sooner
12/3/2011, 11:47 PM
I am surprised Boone Pickens didn't arrange OSU getting OU two years in a row, but I looked at it as a challenge.

VA Sooner
12/3/2011, 11:49 PM
Glad it didn't happen in Norman... we have a two-game home winning streak to protect.

Outcome would have been similar... too many OU injuries, too many elite players out, and wrong mindset for this team. Need to work on getting the backups/reserves more playing time to be able to last a full season.

lasooner123
12/3/2011, 11:57 PM
We just had too many injuries this year to be able to keep up.
This is crap! Every team has injuries. We lost a freakin wr and rb. did that give up 44 pts no. finch is more than capable replacement for a walkon. Im tired of this excuse. the better team won, face it. we got outplayed and wayyyy outcoached. lsu won multiple games with half their team suspended/hurt

agoo758
12/4/2011, 12:05 AM
LSU was losing everyone in existence in to suspensions and the like. That is obviously the reason why they had such a bad year this year.

ByngSooner
12/4/2011, 12:15 AM
So which team did the shorthorns have to play on the road again this year?

bluedogok
12/4/2011, 12:23 AM
I still don't understand why the Big 12 schedule makers had to blow everything up just because Nebraska and Colorado left. A little adjustment was necessary but the distribution of games left me scratching my head and was just another realization of who runs the conference.

Repeat Games
OU - 4
Texas Tech
at Baylor
Iowa State
at OSU

OSU - 4
at Texas
Baylor
at Texas Tech
OU

Iowa State - 3
Kansas
at OU
at K-State

Texas Tech - 2
OSU
at OU

Baylor - 2
at OSU
OU

K-State - 2
at Kansas
Iowa State

Kansas - 2
K-State
at Iowa State

Texas A&M - 1
Missouri

Missouri - 1
at Texas A&M

Texas - 0

Isn't it amazing that Texas didn't have to change their schedule?

SoonerMom2
12/4/2011, 12:25 AM
Every team that remained in the conference had to play back to back seasons of playing on the road. OU played both Baylor and Oklahoma State on the road. Oklahoma got Texas Tech at home two years in a row. OSU played UT in Austin two years in a row.

Texas did not have to play by the same rules as the rest of us! Their schedule did not have two games on the road at the same location.

SoonerMom2
12/4/2011, 12:28 AM
It is even more amazing that OU and OSU each had four of the same while TX schools had TT and Baylor 2, A&M 1 and UT 0? We can thank Beebe for this and how much influence did Boone have with his contribution to UT as well for his wife did it have on Beebe who did the bidding of Dodds?