PDA

View Full Version : oSu deserves their shot at LSU, and I hope they get it and pull off the win.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/3/2011, 11:25 PM
Crazy talk? Nope.

Will it make our Sooners lives unbearable until next November? Yep.

But it will give our Sooners program a good shake, and I'm betting wake it the h*ll up.

JLEW1818
12/3/2011, 11:26 PM
no they do not. they lost to a 6 loss iowa state.

THE BIG 12 SUCKS.

SOONER44EVER
12/3/2011, 11:28 PM

THE BIG 12 SUCKS. Why oh why do you guys always only concentrate on the team they lost to? The beat 5 (FIVE) current top 25 teams while Bama only beat 2.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/3/2011, 11:29 PM

THE BIG 12 SUCKS.

Boo Hoo. Quit being a crybaby. They lost under some pretty bizarre circumstances to a team that's actually pretty decent.

This is oSu's greatest team ever. And it is a very very good football team.

They dominated tonight, like a championship team should. Slam the door on your challengers.

BigTip
12/3/2011, 11:32 PM
Of course we want them to go to the NC game. It hurts to say it, but it would be better for us for them to go. Better yet for them to win it. Damn, that does hurt to say.

LiveLaughLove
12/3/2011, 11:33 PM
I hope they get the chance for it also.

I think their complete resume is better than Bama's.

Blue
12/3/2011, 11:34 PM
Agreed with OP. Gotta give the nod to a conference champ over someone who didn't win their division. Bama had their shot at home. They blew it.

AlboSooner
dumb premise.

StoopTroup
Why oh why do you guys always only concentrate on the team they lost to? The beat 5 (FIVE) current top 25 teams while Bama only beat 2.

Yeah I don't get that either but I do think oSu would get killed

Soonernut1963
Sorry soonerboy, but you are fulla ****. Why would you root for them, and how woudl that help our recruiting?

SoonerMarkVA
Crazy talk? Nope.

But it will give our Sooners program a good shake, and I'm betting wake it the h*ll up.

If I believed this, I'd be for them going and winning too. But it won't. Things are just too cozy around Norman these days. Until things become uncomfortable, a little heated, a little uncertain, I don't expect anything to change.

pappy
12/3/2011, 11:35 PM
I'm with you they have a better resume' then bama and bama already had their chance to beat lsu and failed.

OUNASH
12/3/2011, 11:39 PM
Osu winning anything does not help Oklahoma. It would hurt in recruiting amongst other things. If Bob is honest with himself this game should be a wake up call. We shall see.

soonerinstlw
12/3/2011, 11:42 PM
Perhaps it is because I graduated from OSU, but I think the loss hurts more because it didn't mean anything. Why not give OSU a chance?

nighttrain12
12/3/2011, 11:42 PM
I hope OSU goes and gets killed by LSU! Always hate Texas and OSU!

Blue
12/3/2011, 11:43 PM
Not so sure why ESPN/ABC is pimping the rematch so hard.

IBleedCrimson
12/3/2011, 11:44 PM
osu going to the MNC hurts OU.

Thats the only thing I care about.

IronHorseSooner
12/3/2011, 11:45 PM
He needs to completely revamp the staff and tell everybody in the spring that their jobs are on the line. IDC if they are potential first rounders or All-Americans, they proved that they did not have what it takes to win a championship. BTW, I think Bell gives us the better chance to win next year. As a 4th-year Jr, if Landry can't figure it out by now, he never will. He needs to get to the NFL and learn from an NFL OC and QB Coach. I would be willing to see a sub-par year next year if I knew that the problems were fixed for the long haul. Norman wreeks of complaceny, second only to Austin. There are too many "entitled" coaches, players, and even administrators in Norman right now, and there needs to be an overhaul!

LiveLaughLove
12/3/2011, 11:46 PM
OSU getting the chance will hurt OU in recruiting for sure. Heck, tonight hurt OU in recruiting.

It would be horrible to have to put up with the obnoxious OSU fans also.

But they deserve the chance, and I hope they get it, and I hope they win it.

Not sure who all caught it, but Weeden called OU first and they werent interested, so he went to OSU.

Maybe, just maybe OSU winning the NC would cause Bob to wake up out of the funk he has been in since the USC NC game debacle and he might actually start coaching again. Maybe.

Okie35
12/4/2011, 12:05 AM
They'll rack up over 500 yards but get worked. It would be like 60-35. Its classic LSU vs. the spread.

SOONER44EVER
12/4/2011, 12:08 AM
Osu winning anything does not help Oklahoma. It would hurt in recruiting amongst other things. If Bob is honest with himself this game should be a wake up call. We shall see. Wasn't Baylor a wake up call. Or Tech. Or BYU or TCU. He ain't gonna wake up any time soon.

Flying Scotsman
12/4/2011, 12:09 AM
Naw.....They don't need to go...Did they want to see us go on multiple runs to the BCS title game? Naw....don't think so...

GreenSooner
12/4/2011, 12:12 AM
I hope that OSU makes it to the MNC championship game. They certainly deserve it (though given the corrupt joke that is the BCS, I'm not expecting that they will).

I can't say i hope they win it, though.

Okie35
12/4/2011, 12:15 AM
I hope that OSU makes it to the MNC championship game. They certainly deserve it (though given the corrupt joke that is the BCS, I'm not expecting that they will).

I can't say i hope they win it, though.

I think OSU would lose wherever they go.

SOONER44EVER
12/4/2011, 12:16 AM
They'll rack up over 500 yards but get worked. It would be like 60-35. Its classic LSU vs. the spread.LSU score 60 points?

Sooners78
12/4/2011, 12:43 AM
Not so sure why ESPN/ABC is pimping the rematch so hard.

Because Bama basically outplayed the #1 team in the country for most of the game and lost in overtime. The game could have gone either way. OSU lost to Iowa St. Bama never would have lost to Iowa St. The best two teams in the country (LSU and Bama) will play in New Orleans. It will be a good game. LSU-OSU would be a blowout.

Blue
12/4/2011, 02:00 AM
Bc you're a psychic right?

How many times have you said, "Team A vs Team B will be a blowout" and it didn't happen that way?

Osu deserves a shot. Bama had theirs.

Funky G
12/4/2011, 02:05 AM
OSU deserves a shot, and LSU will win convincingly. LSU is a much better team, more physical. The stars aligned for OSU in the Big 12 this year. The "five" Top 25 teams they beat are not so good.

Tear Down This Wall
12/4/2011, 02:09 AM
They'll rack up over 500 yards but get worked. It would be like 60-35. Its classic LSU vs. the spread.

Dude. This is the truth. Our 600+ and 700+ point, record-setting offenses led by Heisman winning quarterbacks were squashed by SEC defenses. The thought of OSU even scoring against LSU is laughable.

OSU had their butts handed to them by Iowa State, a six-loss team. I hate to break it to all, but beating the 2011 Sooners isn't like beating the 2011 Crimson Tide.

Alabama and LSU have, by far and away, the best two teams in the country.

Now, what should happen, if the Rose Bowl people weren't such fags, is a game between Oregon and Oklahoma State...if you could keep your eyes on the TV, that is, for the non-stop crappy uniform assault.

Tear Down This Wall
12/4/2011, 02:11 AM
Because Bama basically outplayed the #1 team in the country for most of the game and lost in overtime. The game could have gone either way. OSU lost to Iowa St. Bama never would have lost to Iowa St. The best two teams in the country (LSU and Bama) will play in New Orleans. It will be a good game. LSU-OSU would be a blowout.

Exactly.

yermom
12/4/2011, 02:18 AM
OSU deserves a shot, and i think i'd rather them win than LSU getting it handed to them yet again in NOLA

if i wasn't an OU fan, i wouldn't even feel sick saying that, i don't think

Blue
12/4/2011, 02:19 AM
I'm not arguing that bama isn't better, I'm arguing that they already lost at home to LSU. I never want to hear that in college football, "The regular season is a playoff and matters."

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/4/2011, 02:19 AM
Sorry soonerboy, but you are fulla ****. Why would you root for them, and how would that help our recruiting?I can visualize the orange aggy smack, if they EVEN GET INTO THE NC game. Even that would play hell with OU's recruiting, let alone if, God forbid, they would actually beat LSU...

Zin
12/4/2011, 02:21 AM
I want OSU to go so they can experience those oh so charming LSU fans! lulz.

the-rover
12/4/2011, 02:24 AM
They deserve the chance, but I think they don't get it.

I think they will get hammered if they get a shot.... Lsu has a team that will actually try to put pressure on weeden.... and will.

kenth68
12/4/2011, 02:54 AM
He needs to completely revamp the staff and tell everybody in the spring that their jobs are on the line.

agree. no one, including coaches did their jobs this game. all three games they lost, and a couple they barely won, they came out unprepared, confused and acted as if they were supposed to win by merely showing up and were shocked that wasn't the case.

as for osu, they should get the nod for the nc game. alabama already lost to lsu, and osu lost on a day with extenuating circumstances for the entire school.

cleller
12/4/2011, 08:41 AM
OSU-Oregon would be way better. Love to see OSU get the ball tossed over and ran around them all night long.

I don't want the stepchild to even have a trip to the NC to wave in front of recruits noses.

TitoMorelli
12/4/2011, 09:20 AM
There is precedent in this travesty of a system called the BCS for the Pokes to make it to the NCG. In 2006 voters who had kept Michigan at #2 following its last game against Ohio State opted for Florida the next week. And in 2007 LSU moved all the way from #7 to #2. In the former case voters had kept Michigan at #2 following their loss to the Buckeyes, then reconsidered after Florida won the SEC championship game. And in 2007 several higher-ranked teams bit the dust in order to let a two-loss Tiger team slip in.

One difference between this year and 2006 is that unlike Michigan, Alabama dropped out of the number 2 spot and then earned its way back up the ladder. Michigan remained at #2 following its loss to tOSU, which in retrospect was a pitiful act on the part of the polls.

If the BCS required teams to win their conference in order to play for the national title, or dictated that big-rivalry games played in early November (or early October, for that matter) should be the overriding factor for getting into the NCG, then the ags would be the deserving team, hands down. But those aren't the criteria. And so we have two teams that deserve to face LSU. And a crappy system that leaves one out.

cleller
12/4/2011, 09:29 AM
Alabama has one loss, to the #1 team in the country. Can anyone top that? Doesn't prove they are better than OSU, but it looks way better than OSU's single loss.

SoonerAlways
12/4/2011, 09:30 AM
To those that are so impressed with how badly OSU beat OU, just think about this:

How badly would Alabama have beaten OU last night given the way we played?

SoonerMom2
12/4/2011, 11:25 AM
LSU/OSU would be a horrible match-up for this fan because I cannot stand either team. I support the Sooners all the way and will be happy to root for Alabama against LSU, but I will NEVER root for OSU to win after the way they talk smack everytime we win. They spend more time wishing for us to lose then them to win so I am only too happy to wish them a loss in whatever bowl game they go to. I wouldn't fit well in the SEC where you are supposed to put the conference first. There is only one team I care about in the Big 12 and that is the Sooners!

Flying Scotsman
12/4/2011, 12:23 PM
Amen!

I'd rather see OSU in the Fiesta Bowl. However, if they don't go to the BCS game this time it will be another cold day in Hades before they get the chance again. I'll be cheering on Hades!

oumartin
12/4/2011, 12:27 PM
Wow I said this a week ago and got sacrificed.

Of course I will not root for osu

SanJoaquinSooner
12/4/2011, 12:30 PM
Folks said Texas beating USC for the NC would hurt OU. They why does Texas suck so bad these last two years?

cantwait48
12/4/2011, 01:49 PM
I am trying real hard to figure out what 5 teams osu beat that are in the top 25, can someone help me out? I see baylor, ou and kstate from the current coaches poll. The last bcs poll had texas who will clearly drop out this week and for some unknown reason missouri with 5 losses who I guess might stay in it but that would only be 4.

Dan Thompson
12/4/2011, 01:57 PM
They deserve a shot, but LSU would win big time.

TXBOOMER
12/4/2011, 02:00 PM
OSU lost to Iowa State. They are not getting in.

Okie35
12/4/2011, 02:03 PM
People that support a playoff shouldn't want OSU in.

GreenSooner
12/4/2011, 02:41 PM
People that support a playoff shouldn't want OSU in.

Huh?

I support a playoff and I want to see OSU in.

We don't have a playoff. We have the trainwreck that is the BCS. And, given the current system, the Pokes deserve a shot. 'Bama had a chance to beat LSU at home and lost.

If we had a playoff, both 'Bama and OSU would make the cut (even if it were only a four team playoff) and that's as it should be.

But we don't.

SOONER44EVER
12/4/2011, 02:44 PM
Crazy talk? Nope.

But it will give our Sooners program a good shake, and I'm betting wake it the h*ll up. The coaches should be made to watch how LSU runs a defense and OSU runs an offense. Maybe they could learn something.

Jack T.
12/4/2011, 02:51 PM
Last night I said OState should get a shot at LSU. Last night I told OState fans I hoped they would *beat* LSU.

However. . .time rolls on, and as more and more OState people come out of the woodwork to crow, I'm changing my tune. I expect that by the time the BCS comes out this evening I'll be hoping for an LSU/Alabama rematch. . .and an OState loss in whatever bowl they play in. At least I can totally ignore an LSU/Alabama rematch. . .

SOONER44EVER
12/4/2011, 02:53 PM
I would bet EVERY one of you saying LSU would blow out OSU also said we'd blow out Tech. NOBODY knows what would happen. And those of you saying Bama would have beaten us worse than OSU need to wake up. Bama has only scored over 44 twice all year. 48 against Kent St and 45 against Ga. Southern. Some of you people really know nothing about football at all.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/4/2011, 03:07 PM
I am trying real hard to figure out what 5 teams osu beat that are in the top 25, can someone help me out? I see baylor, ou and kstate from the current coaches poll. The last bcs poll had texas who will clearly drop out this week and for some unknown reason missouri with 5 losses who I guess might stay in it but that would only be 4.

I think by the ESPN count they are including A&M, who was #8 at the time, and yes, Texas who was ranked at the time.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/4/2011, 03:12 PM
Which, btw, means that we have a clear case of ESPN last night stirring up a whole heap of controversy. Because Bama, if the same "is or was ranked when they beat them" is used, then Bama has 3 victories over Top 25, vs. the 2 they reported all last night. Having said that, I think oSu's 5 victories under that criteria is still clearly more impressive.

TitoMorelli
12/4/2011, 03:26 PM
Huh?

I support a playoff and I want to see OSU in.

We don't have a playoff. We have the trainwreck that is the BCS. And, given the current system, the Pokes deserve a shot. 'Bama had a chance to beat LSU at home and lost.

If we had a playoff, both 'Bama and OSU would make the cut (even if it were only a four team playoff) and that's as it should be.

But we don't.

Central point, which you made in your post--the situation screams for a playoff, even if it is just four teams or even a 1+1 (OSU-Bama, winner takes on LSU).

Question: If Alabama didn't play LSU during the regular season and had lost instead to another highly ranked team, would Bama be more or less deserving of a spot in the NCG? Their loss would still be against a much better team than Iowa State, and they would still have been more consistently impressive throughout the regular season.

That they lost in overtime to the unanimous #1 team in the country and beat every other opponent by at least 16 points impresses me more than a team that lost to a six-loss team and barely hung on against another six-loss team.