PDA

View Full Version : Boy, does this sound familiar...

prrriiide
12/2/2011, 11:54 AM
From si.com...

LSU doesn't need to beat Georgia to earn a spot in the BCS title game, but the Tigers are still targeting an undefeated season. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/bill_trocchi/12/01/lsu-georgia-sec-championship/index.html?sct=cf_t11_a2)

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/#ixzz1fOg5E3Iq

If they lose to UGA and still get into the title game, it will lay bare the absolute hypocrisy that is the college football world, after all of the sh!+ we took from those coonasses following the KSU loss in the title game.

badger
12/2/2011, 11:56 AM
If that actually comes to pass, the national media will jump off the LSU bandwagon much like they jumped off ours. Don't worry... it doesn't really concern us this season so whatever will be will be.

SoonerPride
12/2/2011, 12:08 PM
If that actually comes to pass, the national media will jump off the LSU bandwagon much like they jumped off ours. Don't worry... it doesn't really concern us this season so whatever will be will be.

Nope, they'll still suck up to the SEC.

rekamrettuB
12/2/2011, 12:17 PM
Nope, they'll still suck up to the SEC.
It might not be quite to the extent of 2003 but I bet a bunch of folks jump off that bandwagon...especially if say LSU gets beat by 20+. 35-7 helped a lot of folks jump off.

Hot Rod
12/2/2011, 12:28 PM
Hope Bama beats them then if they lose to UGA.

SoonerLaw09
12/2/2011, 03:07 PM
I hope Bama beats them regardless. If there's one thing I can say about these particular SEC fans it's that the difference between Tide fans and Tigers is like night and day. Pure class vs. no class. Your cool cousin Bubba vs. your trailer-trash cousin Eddie (or Eduardeaux, I guess).

Boomer.....
12/2/2011, 03:08 PM
Bama should have won the first time.

Soonerjeepman
12/2/2011, 03:55 PM
I'll go with Bama...lsu fans were complete idiots when I went to the Sugar Bowl...I mean COMPLETE idiots..young to old...no boundaries...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/2/2011, 04:25 PM
Hope Bama beats them then if they lose to UGA.You ACTUALLY WANT Bammer to win their 857th National Championship?

badger
12/2/2011, 04:28 PM
You ACTUALLY WANT Bammer to win their 857th National Championship?

They will claim it whether they win it or not. Why fight the inevitable.

OrlandoSooner
12/2/2011, 04:53 PM
They will claim it whether they win it or not. Why fight the inevitable.

Is that you Clayton Williams?

hornswaggled
12/2/2011, 11:08 PM
Is that you Clayton Williams?
Lie back and enjoy it?

Soonerus
12/2/2011, 11:22 PM
Please let Georgia win...

sooneredaco
12/2/2011, 11:31 PM
I'd rather any of them win sound as it's not little sister

yermom
12/3/2011, 01:52 AM
if Georgia, VT and OSU win, and it's not VT-OSU in NOLA then they will need to change a lot of crap in the BCS again after all the crap everyone talked about winning conferences

it would be really strange if all the major conferences had champions that had 2+ losses and other teams in some of the conferences with only one loss

if OU, Georgia and Clemson all won, things would look really weird.

Peach Fuzz
12/3/2011, 02:46 AM
Yeah, Georgia is gonna get beat down. If I'm wrong... **** it whatever, it's still the sec

StoopTroup
12/3/2011, 02:52 AM
Les Miles will be eatin' grass that some stray dawgs pissed on.

Fiatil
12/3/2011, 03:31 AM
So I'm a bit confused by the "If Georgia beats LSU" scenario. Does the two teams max from a conference in the BCS rule not apply to the title game? If Georgia beats LSU, Georgia gets an automatic berth to the sugar bowl; shouldn't that lock one of LSU/Bama out of the BCS championship? Or can you have a 3rd team in the BCS as long as your two schools that didn't win the conference happen to be ranked 1 and 2? Everyone seems to be suggesting that it's an LSU Bama rematch regardless of what happens in the championship tomorrow.

Salt City Sooner
12/3/2011, 03:56 AM
So I'm a bit confused by the "If Georgia beats LSU" scenario. Does the two teams max from a conference in the BCS rule not apply to the title game? If Georgia beats LSU, Georgia gets an automatic berth to the sugar bowl; shouldn't that lock one of LSU/Bama out of the BCS championship? Or can you have a 3rd team in the BCS as long as your two schools that didn't win the conference happen to be ranked 1 and 2? Everyone seems to be suggesting that it's an LSU Bama rematch regardless of what happens in the championship tomorrow.
Yes. This is the one scenario in which a conference can get 3 teams into the BCS.

AlbqSooner
12/3/2011, 08:01 AM
Les Miles will be eatin' grass that some stray dawgs pissed on.

UGA isn't a stray. Jus sayin.

tulsaoilerfan
12/3/2011, 10:21 AM
Dont think this matters cause i don't see them losing to Georgia

jkjsooner
12/3/2011, 10:49 AM

Exactly, they were on our bandwagon just like LSU. It might have been even worse. I heard national media guys saying they should just give the title to us and not go through with the formality of playing the games. And, of course, they pointed out that we were in the title game whether we won or lost to KSU.

I don't expect them to all jump off the LSU bandwagon with a close loss but if they lose by four TD's like we did then, yes, they'll jump off.

The only tricky part this year is that it's going to be tricky arguing against LSU and for Alabama when LSU's only loss was in a game that Bama didn't qualify for.

jkjsooner
12/3/2011, 11:47 AM
Yes. This is the one scenario in which a conference can get 3 teams into the BCS.

Yes, here is the rule:

No more than two teams from a conference may be selected, regardless of whether they are automatic qualifiers or at-large selections, unless two non-champions from the same conference are ranked No. 1 and No. 2 in the final BCS Standings.

Of course, as is typical with these conference and BCS guys they completely flub it up. For starters they forgot to add this exception in originally and had to amend it when this exact scenario had a possibility in the Big 12.

In their defense, they stated that this would have been allowed even before this exception was added. I don't think they would have had any other choice as there would have been lawsuits because of the conflicting rules. Furthermore, one would think that the automatical qualifier who would have been left out would be the conference champion but that is not stated.

Anyway, they flubbed it up again by not specificly stating that only the conference champion would get in. They imply it by the "non-champions" wording but they don't make it clear. According to the wording used, if the SEC has #1 and #2 and neither win the conference, not only could Georgia get in but they could get other invites as well. That isn't the intent and wouldn't be allowed but the wording doesn't exclude 4 or more teams in this scenario.

stoopified
12/3/2011, 12:03 PM
You ACTUALLY WANT Bammer to win their 857thonship? Over Lester winning another? YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES