PDA

View Full Version : aTm and the SEC

Dale Ellis
12/2/2011, 10:24 AM
Just went over to the aTm Rivals board, the aTm fans are delusional. They're like the fat, ugly chick who is now hanging out with the hot, head cheerleader so now she thinks she is somehow more attractive. I've got news for aTm, joining the SEC does not magically make your football team a better team. Didn't those tools just fire their coach?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/2/2011, 10:36 AM
I suppose their league-jump will ensure that they out-recruit OU, lOSUr, K-State and the cows. (Doesn't EVERYONE want to play against Alabama and LSU every year?)

Besides, you Shirley don't really need a coach to win in that conference.

PDXsooner
12/2/2011, 11:22 AM
Texas A&M and Missouri -- The best case scenario for them is being like Arkansas or South Carolina -- average SEC programs that flare up every few years and win 9 games but never win the SEC title. Worst case (and very possible) is that they are like Kentucky or Ole Miss -- complete non-factors.

Combined they won ONE Big 12 title (and that was pretty flukey).

badger
12/2/2011, 11:27 AM
Combined they won ONE Big 12 title (and that was pretty flukey).

Combined, they won ONE national title (and that was pretty flukey).

8timechamps
12/2/2011, 01:12 PM
I was reading an article on ESPN.com about A&M firing Sherman, and looked at the comments below the story. Wow. The best part was all the trash talk the A&M fans were getting from other SEC fans. A&M never did anything in the Big XII, and while I think the Big XII is a good conference, the SEC is slightly better. That pretty much tells you the whole story about A&M's future. Unless they can convince Vince Lombardi to reanimate and take the job in College Station, they will continue to be mediocre. It's gonna be fun watching it too.

jkjsooner
12/2/2011, 01:48 PM
Texas A&M and Missouri -- The best case scenario for them is being like Arkansas or South Carolina -- average SEC programs that flare up every few years and win 9 games but never win the SEC title.

So kinda what they were in the Big 12.

Edit: Oops you basically said that in your last sentence.

badger
12/2/2011, 01:53 PM
I was reading an article on ESPN.com about A&M firing Sherman, and looked at the comments below the story. Wow. The best part was all the trash talk the A&M fans were getting from other SEC fans. A&M never did anything in the Big XII, and while I think the Big XII is a good conference, the SEC is slightly better. That pretty much tells you the whole story about A&M's future. Unless they can convince Vince Lombardi to reanimate and take the job in College Station, they will continue to be mediocre. It's gonna be fun watching it too.

Yeah.. the SEC loves itself collectively, but hates each other passionately.

sooneredaco
12/2/2011, 02:24 PM
The aggies are completely irrelevant in the world of college football. They basically always have been and they will continue to be. To say they underachieve on a yearly basis wouldn't be correct. They've never really achieved anything on the field, so why should we ever expect them to moving forward.

badger
12/2/2011, 02:45 PM
The aggies are completely irrelevant in the world of college football. They basically always have been and they will continue to be. To say they underachieve on a yearly basis wouldn't be correct. They've never really achieved anything on the field, so why should we ever expect them to moving forward.

With the right coach and a little bit less big booster and political influence, they might be able to get somewhere. Alas, a school that big has a lot of paws in the cookie jar and a lot of aspiring coaches in the stand questioning everything.

They aren't gonna go anywhere if they keep firing the head coaches, though. Patience is not an aggie or an SEC virtue.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/2/2011, 02:49 PM
Now that Mike Sherman has been fired, are there any coveted recruits they have which we might be able to pirate away, prior to Nat. Signing Day?

Here's their Rivals list for '12 Signing Day. Who do they have that we want and have a shot at?:http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/commitments/2012/texasam-84;_ylt=Au_bjlO0Krpx6tvw9ai1LYlJPZB4

badger
12/2/2011, 02:55 PM
Now that Mike Sherman has been fired, are there any coveted recruits they have which we might be able to pirate away, prior to Nat. Signing Day?

Likely, but if that happens, expect TexAgs to meltdown. :D

TexAgs: Trevor Knight is the best quarterback in the state. I've seen him in San Antonio, it's a great pickup by Mike Sherman and he'll have the potential to take over for our current stud, Tanny-hill.

(after he defects to OU)

TexAgs: HE SUCKS!

(after 6-6)

TexAgs: SO DOES TANNY-HILL!

:rcmad:

cvsooner
12/2/2011, 03:02 PM
As far as the quality of football programs go, I can't help but think WVU and TCU are upgrades for the Big 12.

badger
12/2/2011, 03:11 PM
As far as the quality of football programs go, I can't help but think WVU and TCU are upgrades for the Big 12.

The problem is that we're replacing four programs with two, not two with two. I think West Virginia is an upgrade over either Mizzou or Texas A&M and I think the same for TCU... but we are two programs short of where we were before.

I really am curious if we'll get desperate if WVU isn't allowed to bail on the Big East early and grab a MWC or C-USA program... Tulsa or Memphis, anyone? Don't bother telling me they aren't Big 12 tier. It would be a desperate move to just keep the Big 12 at 10 teams.

MountainOkie
12/2/2011, 04:09 PM
Unless they can convince Vince Lombardi to reanimate and take the job in College Station, they will continue to be mediocre.

The idea of a zombie Vince Lombardi has made my day.

mightysooner
12/3/2011, 01:17 PM

^^^^^ This

Our conference will be stronger and more respected than ever with those two dead beats (and Colorado!) gone. All they'll do is dilute the SEC conference with two more teams that will never rise above the level of the Mississippi States and Vanderbilts of the world while the BIG XII will grow even stronger.

SoonerMom2
12/3/2011, 02:54 PM
Someone said on Twitter (cannot remember if it was Blevins or someone else) that if WV cannot get out of the Big East this summer that the SEC won't take MO until WV joins the Big 12. We definitely need to add two more teams. We cannot be without a conference championship for very long IMHO.

badger
12/3/2011, 05:39 PM
Food for thought: Both of our invitees might be headed to BCS bowls.

TCU is currently No. 18 and needs to be in the top 16 AND ahead of the Big East champion in the BCS rankings to get an auto bid. Yes, AUTOMATIC. They would get the nod ahead of Boise and Houston because unlike Houston and unlike Boise, TCU won its conference.

West Virginia is likely the Big East's invitee with a ranking in the low 20s.

A hearty efffff youuuuuuuuu to Texas A&M and Mizzou. Have fun not qualifying for anything but a sh!t tier bowl the rest of your miserable football lives

trwxxa
12/3/2011, 06:41 PM
The vast majority of Texas Aggies know they will struggle in the SEC during football season and understand that will be the case until Saban and Miles move on. Maybe they can get to 8 or 9 wins from time to time.

Their revenge will come when the Big XII craps on itself in the next couple of years.

trwxxa
12/3/2011, 06:45 PM

That is delusional. TCU is only a 6-8 win team playing Big XII teams each week. They have a small stadium that will only sell out because of the fans of the opposing teams. Think Baylor. Think how little Baylor has contributed to the Big XII all of the years. Now we have two schools.

West Virginia? Not much you can say except that is one less road game for the fans to get to.

PDXsooner
12/3/2011, 07:15 PM
That is delusional. TCU is only a 6-8 win team playing Big XII teams each week. They have a small stadium that will only sell out because of the fans of the opposing teams. Think Baylor. Think how little Baylor has contributed to the Big XII all of the years. Now we have two schools.

West Virginia? Not much you can say except that is one less road game for the fans to get to.

Again, stick to the point. In terms of on the field product, he is correct. Upgrade.

mightysooner
12/3/2011, 07:21 PM

You mean that same TCU team that won the rose bowl last year and returned 3-4 starters this year and managed to win their conference again by beating a proven Boise State squad? TCU will be stout in the Big Xii.

King Barry's Back
12/3/2011, 08:45 PM

And a long, long time ago...

GDC
12/3/2011, 09:01 PM

TCU and WVU are upgrades in that respect also. TCU has two NCs and WVU came up just short of one in '89.

trwxxa
12/3/2011, 09:54 PM
Again, stick to the point. In terms of on the field product, he is correct. Upgrade.

The point is a 10-11 win MWC product becomes a 6-8 win Big XII product. That is not an upgrade.

trwxxa
12/3/2011, 10:12 PM
You mean that same TCU team that won the rose bowl last year and returned 3-4 starters this year and managed to win their conference again by beating a proven Boise State squad? TCU will be stout in the Big Xii.

Yes, the same team. I am not discounting the coaching abilities of Gary Patterson as his record matched with his players is at the top of any coaches list. However, Boise St. would also be no better than a 6-8 win team in the Big XII.