PDA

View Full Version : Texas players wearing Whittaker jersey

8timechamps
12/1/2011, 03:28 PM
I saw during the A&M/Texas game that one of the defensive backs was wearing Whittaker's jersey (to honor Whittaker since he is out with an injury). I read today that the Texas players are going to alternate who wears the jersey for the remainder of the season. I felt insulted. There is a huge difference between honoring a fallen player and honoring an injured one, and in this case, it kinda pissed me off.

Am I being a sensitive little bitch?

yermom
12/1/2011, 03:31 PM
i think they are just dumb

badger
12/1/2011, 03:41 PM
I think it was only one game. What was really odd about it was that Whittaker himself was wearing his own d@mn jersey on the sideline! :mack:

Dale Ellis
12/1/2011, 03:42 PM
make no mistake, that was done as a shot at OU.

rekamrettuB
12/1/2011, 03:45 PM
Offensive and Defensive players share numbers all the time. We sure this DB wasn't number 2 all year? Seems really, really stupid to wear an injured player's jersey.

badger
12/1/2011, 03:46 PM
make no mistake, that was done as a shot at OU.

I don't think so. Even arrogant whorn isn't that heartless.

royalfan5
12/1/2011, 03:47 PM
I vote for overly sensitive little bitch. Sometimes teams do **** for each other, and its has nothing to do with what some other team is doing for a completly different situation.

instigator
12/1/2011, 03:48 PM
Offensive and Defensive players share numbers all the time. We sure this DB wasn't number 2 all year? Seems really, really stupid to wear an injured player's jersey.

Nope. They are alternating.

From statesman.com:

Goodwin next to wear No. 2 in honor of Fozzy

Wide receiver Marquise Goodwin will wear Fozzy Whittaker's No. 2 jersey this week.

Safety Kenny Vaccaro, who normally wears No. 4, wore Whittaker's number last week at Texas A&M. He made a key second-half interception at the Aggies' 14-yard line, and Texas converted it into a touchdown.

Whittaker suffered a season-ending knee injury at Missouri on Nov. 12.

Goodwin, who led the Longhorns in receiving at A&M, normally wears No. 84.

I don't think it is directed at OU or anything, but it seems a little silly.

It would be funny if OU tired this. Every player would have to swap numbers. :/

Mad Dog Madsen
12/1/2011, 03:49 PM
Are you talking about AJ White (CB)? He also wears #2.

Mad Dog Madsen
12/1/2011, 03:50 PM
Stupid whorns...

rekamrettuB
12/1/2011, 03:56 PM
That is 100% baloney. It was a football injury. He didn't lose his life or have a life threatening disease or in a wheelchair or anything. That's just crazy stupid right there.

Herr Scholz
12/1/2011, 04:17 PM
He was the heart of the team. Has nothing to do with OU.

colinreturn
12/1/2011, 04:19 PM
Who cares. If you think they did this to make fun of OU you are ****ing delusional.

Jacie
12/1/2011, 04:32 PM
The whorns are right, they do not do this to make fun of OU. Rather, they do this in the hope that through copying the little things, they can somehow become more like OU, a lofty goal to be sure, but a worthy one. Alas, it will take more than gestures for them to attain those aspirations but we should not belittle them for this. Pity them, yes, but don't laugh at whorn for wanting their team to be more like the Sooners.

rekamrettuB
12/1/2011, 04:36 PM
He was the heart of the team.

:succ:

I don't know what that icon is I posted but it's about how I feel. I'm laughing harder at this response than the actual act of them wearing Fozzit's number. This is one of the stupidest things I've seen a team do. What does that tell the other players who were injured prior and injured after him? They are chopped liver?

Prodigal
12/1/2011, 04:52 PM
Seems very silly to me, but probably just because of our injuries to even more productive players and because of how it compares to Box. To us it might be insulting, but I'm sure (hopefully) they did not get the idea from hoe we honored Box.

Dale Ellis
12/1/2011, 05:12 PM
Who cares. If you think they did this to make fun of OU you are ****ing delusional.

Wow, get out much?

Dale Ellis
12/1/2011, 05:13 PM
Has Texas ever done this for other injured players in the past? If they have, I certainly haven't heard of it. Now all of a sudden they decide to. I smell conspiracy.

royalfan5
12/1/2011, 05:27 PM
Has Texas ever done this for other injured players in the past? If they have, I certainly haven't heard of it. Now all of a sudden they decide to. I smell conspiracy. A conspiracy to get internet sallies panties in a wad?

A Sooner in Texas
12/1/2011, 05:35 PM
Fozzy has been one of the few bright lights of the whorn team this year, and I am sorry his injury ended his season. But....really?

BetterSoonerThanLater
12/1/2011, 05:43 PM
hey everyone, i pulled a muscle yesterday at the gym and won't be able to work out for 2-4 weeks. you guys can wear my number in rememberance of how hard i worked all season. my number was 22 in HS, so use that one. i'll let you all decide who wears it each day.

thanks for the recognition.

;)

8timechamps
12/1/2011, 07:48 PM
I think it was only one game. What was really odd about it was that Whittaker himself was wearing his own d@mn jersey on the sideline! :mack:

Oh no, it wasn't a one time thing, and this isn't the instance of someone wearing a duplicate number:

From the Austin Statesman:

Goodwin next to wear No. 2 in honor of Fozzy

Wide receiver Marquise Goodwin will wear Fozzy Whittaker's No. 2 jersey this week.

Safety Kenny Vaccaro, who normally wears No. 4, wore Whittaker's number last week at Texas A&M. He made a key second-half interception at the Aggies' 14-yard line, and Texas converted it into a touchdown.

Whittaker suffered a season-ending knee injury at Missouri on Nov. 12.

Here's the link (third note in the article): http://www.statesman.com/sports/longhorns/longhorns-notebook-brown-shipley-continue-to-heal-2002034.html?printArticle=y

Goodwin, who led the Longhorns in receiving at A&M, normally wears No. 84.

VA Sooner
12/1/2011, 07:52 PM
How do they all fit into his jersey? Must be tough running around in it together.:D

Okie35
12/1/2011, 07:53 PM

I thought I was the only one that noticed.

8timechamps
12/1/2011, 07:54 PM
I vote for overly sensitive little bitch. Sometimes teams do **** for each other, and its has nothing to do with what some other team is doing for a completly different situation.

I know teammates do stuff for teammates all the time. We've all seen the number of an injured player written in a sharpie on a players spat or sweatband. I get that. But, to alternate wearing that players jersey is weird at best. To me, that makes as much sense as putting helmet stickers on the teams helmets because a player got injured.

Oh, and I said 'sensitive bitch', not 'overly sensitive bitch', bitch!

8timechamps
12/1/2011, 07:56 PM
hey everyone, i pulled a muscle yesterday at the gym and won't be able to work out for 2-4 weeks. you guys can wear my number in rememberance of how hard i worked all season. my number was 22 in HS, so use that one. i'll let you all decide who wears it each day.

;)

I'll wear it, and make all my employees wear it too. So, you're covered this week.

47straight
12/2/2011, 01:12 AM
**** Texas.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/2/2011, 01:25 AM
I saw during the A&M/Texas game that one of the defensive backs was wearing Whittaker's jersey (to honor Whittaker since he is out with an injury). I read today that the Texas players are going to alternate who wears the jersey for the remainder of the season. I felt insulted. There is a huge difference between honoring a fallen player and honoring an injured one, and in this case, it kinda pissed me off.

Am I being a sensitive little bitch?No, you are fine. ANY reason is one that's good enough to dislike the cows.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/2/2011, 01:29 AM

;)WINNAH!

Mad Dog Madsen
12/2/2011, 09:48 AM

I thought I was the only one that noticed.

I just wanna know why yall we're watching Texas?!? :offended:

stoopified
12/2/2011, 10:01 AM
The whorns are right, they do not do this to make fun of OU. Rather, they do this in the hope that through copying the little things, they can somehow become more like OU, a lofty goal to be sure, but a worthy one. Alas, it will take more than gestures for them to attain those aspirations but we should not belittle them for this. Pity them, yes, but don't laugh at whorn for wanting their team to be more like the Sooners.Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Prodigal
12/2/2011, 11:01 AM
Seriously, I think this is the Mack Brown mentality filtering down to the team.

I don't think even A&M would do something like this.

Actually, if Texas/A&M would switch players and coaches, they would have a good fit at both places. A&M fans and university with Mack Brown and his players/coaches would be a good fit. Texas with their fans and the A$M coaches/players would be a good fit.

Sooners78
12/2/2011, 11:02 AM
It does seem like a strange thing to do. I don't think they would do the same for an offensive lineman who goes down with a season ending injury. What makes Fozzy so special?

soonerloyal
12/2/2011, 11:10 AM
Oh, Longhorns...thou art such giant bobos...

gwydion
12/2/2011, 11:21 AM
It would be funny if OU tired this. Every player would have to swap numbers. :/

That made me laugh out loud. But all the new numbers would probably confuse the aggies on Saturday.

BetterSoonerThanLater
12/2/2011, 03:52 PM
I'll wear it, and make all my employees wear it too. So, you're covered this week.

thank you. i appreciate your support! ;)

Herr Scholz
12/2/2011, 05:02 PM
It does seem like a strange thing to do. I don't think they would do the same for an offensive lineman who goes down with a season ending injury. What makes Fozzy so special?
Like I said, he was the heart of the team, a player who everyone looked up to. Did great this year in his switched role on ST and in the wild formation.

sooner59
12/2/2011, 05:11 PM
Like I said, he was the heart of the team, a player who everyone looked up to. Did great this year in his switched role on ST and in the wild formation.

In that case...I wonder who will wear #85 for OU tomorrow.

Herr Scholz
12/2/2011, 05:16 PM
Apparently Broyles didn't motivate and inspire his team in the same way. Dunno.

soonerloyal
12/2/2011, 05:44 PM

**** off, dip****.

Herr Scholz
12/2/2011, 05:47 PM
Fair enough. But to say the UT players honoring Fozzy is somehow related to OU is just silly.

rekamrettuB
12/2/2011, 07:58 PM
Fair enough. But to say the UT players honoring Fozzy is somehow related to OU is just silly.

Most aren't and, like me, don't care. We are saying that it's downright stupid and disrespectful to the rest of the team members that were injured. It's akin to preferential treatment and nothing good comes from that.

hornswaggled
12/2/2011, 10:53 PM

;)
I was also #22 in high school and can barely bend over or walk very far because of my liver pain. Please remember me.

Jacie
12/3/2011, 10:04 AM
I was also #22 in high school and can barely bend over or walk very far because of my liver pain. Please remember me.

I'll sign a petition to present to your old school to retire your number if you start one . . .

Jason White's Third Knee
12/3/2011, 10:09 AM

I am going to go No. 2 in honor of Fozzy right now.

SoonerGibb7
12/3/2011, 01:23 PM
I think we should rotate Ryan's jersey for the next two games. I vote for Ryan Caro and Nyko Symonds.

Jacie
12/3/2011, 01:56 PM
I think we should rotate Ryan's jersey for the next two games.

Well then we should throw in Whaley's and just for good measure, Bradford and Gresham's . . .