PDA

View Full Version : Sooners fan cheering for Cowboys

SapulpaSooner
12/1/2011, 02:35 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/id/7301988/lifelong-oklahoma-fan-switching-sides-bedlam-year this makes me sick

delhalew
12/1/2011, 02:48 PM
That's a lot of stupid on one page.

colleyvillesooner
12/1/2011, 02:50 PM
Not a real fan.

badger
12/1/2011, 02:50 PM
Just think how sad it makes this badger to see SF.com posters who are not resident Pokes taking the OSU side on vBookie. While one or two have been silly in previous OU games, there's multiple ones this game. :(

(psst... see my sig!)

SapulpaSooner
12/1/2011, 02:52 PM
Not a real fan.

more like not a real man

colleyvillesooner
12/1/2011, 02:53 PM
Just think how sad it makes this badger to see SF.com posters who are not resident Pokes taking the OSU side on vBookie. While one or two have been silly in previous OU games, there's multiple ones this game. :(

(psst... see my sig!)

you should out the 3 wusses who picked OSU and did it privately.

Mad Dog Madsen
12/1/2011, 02:53 PM

Have you checked out SoonerFans lately??? :distrust:

SoonerAtKU
12/1/2011, 02:54 PM
Well, there's a difference between betting on what you think might happen and hoping for one thing to happen. I had hoped that OU would make it to the title game this year, and was pulling for it until the lights went out against Baylor, but I would have bet against it at the beginning of the year, just because it's unlikely that they would go in any given single year.

Oddly enough, after the Tech loss, I actually would have bet that OU would go to the title game, given some of the losses that happened around that time. Go figure.

I Am Right
12/1/2011, 02:55 PM
They are actually sand aggies.

SoonerLaw09
12/1/2011, 02:57 PM
Someone throatpunch this guy? Plzkthx.

Okie35
12/1/2011, 02:57 PM
I was about to post this BS. Wasn't it OSU's year in 2009 too :joyous:?

yermom
12/1/2011, 03:06 PM
if they beat us, and that's a big "if", i think they belong in NOLA

of course, i think they would get murdered.

olevetonahill
12/1/2011, 03:06 PM
**** him and the sheep hes riding

Okie35
12/1/2011, 03:07 PM

Well yea I agree to both your statements but root for OSU?! NEVER!!!

StoopTroup
12/1/2011, 03:08 PM
It's just an article written by some guy that USED TO LIVE HERE. He's just a bit far from Home and needs something to write about. Quite a few Sooners have given him something to write about too.

Also...

IBTL :D

badger
12/1/2011, 03:47 PM
you should out the 3 wusses who picked OSU and did it privately.

They'll out themselves when everyone else has tons of vCash after OU wins and they are stuck with nothing (or next-to nothing) for their silly Poke vBet.

(or if you are a pessimist, just look for the SF.com posters that still have vCash after the game if we lose)

So, if you for no other reason, you should go ALL IN FOR OU so that people don't think you're a traitor :stunned:

Lott's Bandana
12/1/2011, 04:07 PM
I don't mind stating that I blew my bankroll on the aggy side.

For 10 years I have placed real money bets, not just vCash, on the opposing team. I can tell you this system works, as I am a crappy bettor and I am WAY behind in my sum total. Hard to explain why I do it, but it is just what I do. Needless to say, I am quite content when I lose.

IDGAS is anyone thinks I'm a traitor, I knew my bet was going to be publicly displayed before I placed it. Anyone that wants to question my loyalty better have at least 45 years of being a die-hard Sooners fan, season tickets and live in Norman before they vSpeak. Actually never mind, just STFU.

So there.

SoonerDood
12/1/2011, 04:10 PM
RE: the author- I smell an Aggot in Sooner clothing.

SoonerTerry
12/1/2011, 04:11 PM
Its win win for you LB

Sooners win=Yah sooners
Sooners loose=Extra beer money

win win

Lott's Bandana
12/1/2011, 04:13 PM
mmmmmmmmm vBeer!

olevetonahill
12/1/2011, 04:16 PM

For 10 years I have placed real money bets, not just vCash, on the opposing team. I can tell you this system works, as I am a crappy bettor and I am WAY behind in my sum total. Hard to explain why I do it, but it is just what I do. Needless to say, I am quite content when I lose.

IDGAS is anyone thinks I'm a traitor, I knew my bet was going to be publicly displayed before I placed it. Anyone that wants to question my loyalty better have at least 45 years of being a die-hard Sooners fan, season tickets and live in Norman before they vSpeak. Actually never mind, just STFU.

So there.

:biggrin:

cccasooner2
12/1/2011, 04:17 PM

So there.

Spoken like someone who thinks they can actually take the vMoney with them. :D

badger
12/1/2011, 04:19 PM
It's all in vFun :)

:mad: but seriously. the "traitors" are gonna get outed after the game thanks to the en masse vBetting.

Lott's Bandana
12/1/2011, 04:20 PM

What?!

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2011, 04:24 PM

Maybe you can! Hard to prove you can't :sneakiness:

virginiasooner
12/1/2011, 04:38 PM
I am willing to face the face that those people up the road MAY win on Saturday night. But cheer on the Pokes in the national title game? NEVER. EVER. My grandfather (who's been dead since 1987) would disown me! Maybe if the purple tiggers lost (go Bulldogs!) and it's an Oregon-OSU or Bama-OSU matchup, I could stomach them winning. It completely sickens me that the Pokes are in this situation. And mark my words, they'll be wearing some gawdawful uniform combo that they hope will blind the Sooners into making mistakes.

Boomer.....
12/1/2011, 05:32 PM
What a moron! Who in their right mind would stop pulling for the their team to root for a "rival" so that they might get to the MNC? I can't even comprehend that.

LVSOONER15
12/1/2011, 05:52 PM
What a moron! Who in their right mind would stop pulling for the their team to root for a "rival" so that they might get to the MNC? I can't even comprehend that.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

sendbaht
12/1/2011, 06:31 PM
OU plays their best game of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and wins the game!!!!!!

SicEmBaylor
12/1/2011, 06:38 PM
Never in a million years would I want some other school to beat my own. Ever. I don't care if we were playing a team full of make a wish kids whose only dream was to experience the thrill of victory. I would still expect RGIII to pass for 500 yards and for Phil Bennett to throat stomp them.

This guy should never be allowed within 25 miles of Norman.

OrlandoSooner
12/1/2011, 07:26 PM

SEC fan does...

SoonerMarkVA
12/1/2011, 07:40 PM
Complete summary, right there.

mdklatt
12/1/2011, 07:51 PM
Eh, he's just playing devil's advocate and pointing out that oSu would be more deserving of going to the MNC game than Alabama. That's certainly a defensible position.

He can't possibly be an oSu bandwagon fan because we all know there is no such thing.

BeaSooner
12/1/2011, 08:02 PM
Good riddance. Next....

8timechamps
12/1/2011, 08:18 PM

So there.

Why do you hate America?

Seriously though, I learned early on in the real betting world to stay away from Oklahoma. I don't bet like I once did, before kids, but I learned the hard way why you never bet with your heart.

Now, when it comes to vCash, I'm all over OU, every week. In fact, my once modest vCash fortune was lost against Baylor. I think I need a vLoan.

trwxxa
12/1/2011, 08:24 PM
I didn't think twice about putting some vCash on the Pokes. I only wish I had more.

Will I be cheering the Sooners on Saturday night? Hell, yes. I just hope I'm not searching for a movie at halftime.

cccasooner2
12/1/2011, 08:41 PM
Maybe you can! Hard to prove you can't :sneakiness:

Well Heaven's Gate said you could take $5.75 with you, but the money was left behind with the corpses, so I'm begining to doubt it. :)

rainiersooner
12/1/2011, 08:49 PM

It's a strategy I employ and like to refer to as an emotional hedge. Seriously, it's brilliant. Money can't buy you happiness, but it can ease the pain of your team losing. Carry on!!

JLEW1818
12/1/2011, 08:54 PM

but why do they? B/c they lost to soon to be 6 loss team?

the point of the BCS is to get 1 vs 2. the end.

SoonerMom2
12/1/2011, 09:41 PM
I would never bet for OSU to win -- it is Sooners all the way!

tcrb
12/1/2011, 09:45 PM
That is no Sooner fan.

nighttrain12
12/1/2011, 09:57 PM
He should change his name to Benedict Arnold.

VA Sooner
12/1/2011, 10:24 PM
Take 'em out...

SoonerofAlabama
12/1/2011, 11:41 PM
Ghey. SO he's an OSU, OU, and Stanford fan. What a joke.

3rdgensooner
12/2/2011, 12:58 AM
That article is garbage and the editor who let it come out is garbage

nighttrain12
12/2/2011, 01:09 AM
Article by Roy S. Johnson. I bet I know what the 'S' stands for.

OrlandoSooner
12/2/2011, 11:10 AM
OU claims the series record as 82-16-7
OSU claims the series record as 81-17-7

Someone help me. What is the game in dispute?

OrlandoSooner
12/2/2011, 11:14 AM
OU claims the series record as 82-16-7
OSU claims the series record as 81-17-7

Someone help me. What is the game in dispute?

Nevermind. Found it in the Aggie media guide. They claim 1972 as a win (OU won on the field 38-15) due to an OU forfeit. This was before my time. Anyone know the story here?

gwydion
12/2/2011, 11:15 AM
The end of the article he states osu may play his stanford cardinal. I think that tells you where his main allegiance lies.

Pricetag
12/2/2011, 11:24 AM
No OU fan calls themselves a "Sooners fan." We know the appropriate times to drop the "s." No OU fan says OU won an NC "in the 1980s."

Lott's Bandana
12/2/2011, 11:35 AM
No OU fan calls themselves a "Sooners fan." We know the appropriate times to drop the "s." No OU fan says OU won an NC "in the 1980s."

This confuses me.
Perhaps it is because I'm a product of Norman Public Schools, but doesn't an "s" mean plural? And, because NPS taught me to read, don't the jerseys have Sooners on the chest?

Is this another made-up rule I don't get, like the ones from Stooly?

Soonerjeepman
12/2/2011, 11:35 AM
all my vCash is on OU!! BOOMER SOONER!!!

we are the SPOILERS!!!!

goingoneight
12/2/2011, 01:17 PM
I just don't bet on OU games. I mean, it seems like everytime Vegas gives a line, OU either shatters it at home or some fluke **** happens on the road. I bet three times on an OU game before and lost twice. Ironically, I won the only time I bet against them.

I took Florida and the points in 2009... won. :(
Took OU and the points against BYU in 2009
Took OU by 6 IIRC against Missouri last year.

NMSooner'80
12/2/2011, 05:23 PM
Nevermind. Found it in the Aggie media guide. They claim 1972 as a win (OU won on the field 38-15) due to an OU forfeit. This was before my time. Anyone know the story here?

I think that was a conference ruling at the time - OU had used a guy who turned out to be ineligible (Kerry Jackson) in four conference games. I think OSU is the only school that still claims it as a win. Nebraska lost to OU in Lincoln, 17-14, and pretty much said they wouldn't accept a forfeit because they knew who won on the field.

OUInformant
12/2/2011, 05:30 PM
Yeah, that's stupid. I also love how some of the Oklahoma media is always downplaying OU, like Deano. I think OU is more talented and will kick their arses.

LRoss
12/2/2011, 05:40 PM
I just don't bet on OU games. I mean, it seems like everytime Vegas gives a line, OU either shatters it at home or some fluke **** happens on the road. I bet three times on an OU game before and lost twice. Ironically, I won the only time I bet against them.

I took Florida and the points in 2009... won. :(
Took OU and the points against BYU in 2009
Took OU by 6 IIRC against Missouri last year.

You'd be less confused and maybe do better if you had a better grasp on what it means to take a team "and the points."

MamaMia
12/2/2011, 09:34 PM
more like not a real man No matter how old he is. He he he

Eielson
12/2/2011, 09:46 PM
It appears he's actually a Stanford fan.