PDA

View Full Version : Mke Stoops rumored to be new DC...

ddub0224
12/1/2011, 01:39 PM
...at Ohio State. I work with a the osu fan and this is going around their message boards.

Curly Bill
12/1/2011, 01:41 PM
I was excited when I first saw this...

...but then saw it said Ohio State and not OU.

NormanPride
12/1/2011, 02:10 PM
Get ready to see Ohio State getting torched in the secondary.

Mad Dog Madsen
12/1/2011, 02:12 PM
It's very true. David actually said this about a month ago...

Okie35
12/1/2011, 02:17 PM

Who passes in the Big 10?!

Sooner in Tampa
12/1/2011, 02:21 PM
I hope he refuses Urban Liar's advances!!

Curly Bill
12/1/2011, 02:29 PM

If I wanna see that there's no need to tune in to Ohio State, I can watch us. ;)

Salt City Sooner
12/1/2011, 02:41 PM
Who passes in the Big 10?!
x 2. Other than Northwestern (who BTW, leads the B10 in passing yardage, yet is still only #36 in the nation), that entire league is predominantly downhill running (w/ a few exceptions, i.e. Denard Robinson) with play action passes mixed in. Mike would feel right at home there, or in the SEC, IMO.

colleyvillesooner
12/1/2011, 02:47 PM
he's been offered Co-DC. I think he's waiting till after OU OSU to make a decision. Don't know if Urban will wait that long.

I do NOT think he will come back here, though. Too weird.

Dale Ellis
12/1/2011, 02:54 PM
he's been offered Co-DC. I think he's waiting till after OU OSU to make a decision. Don't know if Urban will wait that long.

I do NOT think he will come back here, though. Too weird.

What is the benefit of waiting until after the OU vs OSU game? Maybe he know something about BV's future that we do not.

oumartin
12/1/2011, 03:13 PM
I find it funny those supporters of BV think Mike Stoops secondary is gonna get torched at Ohio State.

badger
12/1/2011, 03:17 PM
Denial is not a river.

Link (http://newsok.com/mike-stoops-i-can-confirm-that-i-have-visited-with-coach-meyer/article/3628182)

"I don't comment on that stuff," Stoops said in a telephone interview with The Oklahoman. "But I can confirm that I have visited with coach Meyer."

StoopTroup
12/1/2011, 03:19 PM
I really thought I'd see Mike taking a job in the NFL before taking a job as Co-DC, but anything is possible. No Idea how much Dough he owes his ex. He's really got a big life change in front of him. From Head Coach to Co-DC? Pretty hard to swallow that but it's also better than being unemployed I'm sure.

The Maestro
12/1/2011, 03:27 PM
If I wanna see that there's no need to tune in to Ohio State, I can watch us. ;)

HEY! That's just....oh yeah...true!

Why would Mike's teams get torched deep? He was the best DB coach we've had.

Mad Dog Madsen
12/1/2011, 03:27 PM
Denial is not a river.

Link (http://newsok.com/mike-stoops-i-can-confirm-that-i-have-visited-with-coach-meyer/article/3628182)

So when he was first asked, he said he hasn't been offered a job or anything like that. Next, he can't "comment" on the subject. Interesting...

allanace16
12/1/2011, 04:05 PM
Heck, shouldn't any potential Urban Meyer assistant be thinking "If I take this and wait it out 3-4 years, I have an inside track/shot at the HC job here when Urban inevitably leaves/quits again?" Think you HAVE to make this move if you're Mike, if for no other reason than that.

SoonerCLF
12/1/2011, 04:33 PM
The current interim coach for "the" Ohio State is staying on as the Buckeyes DC under Urban, so at best for Mike this would be a position coach job. I don't think he'd take that, unless he's getting no offers at all which I find hard to believe.

NormanPride
12/1/2011, 04:56 PM
I find it funny those supporters of BV think Mike Stoops secondary is gonna get torched at Ohio State.

Why is that funny? They seem completely unrelated.

soonercastor
12/1/2011, 05:29 PM
Someone called this on this board, a while ago.

Dale Ellis
12/1/2011, 05:34 PM

They would think that until he stepped onto the OU campus as the new D-Coordinator, then he would be able to walk on water.

You see, once you're employed at the University of Oklahoma as a football coach, you can do no wrong, see Howard RUMinburger and John Blake.

oumartin
12/1/2011, 05:38 PM
Why is that funny? They seem completely unrelated.

The fact that Venables defensive backfield issues and they wanna take a jab at Mike.

NormanPride
12/1/2011, 05:52 PM
But Venables' issues stem from the LB, whereas Stoops couldn't recruit DBs to save his life. Pick your poison...

olevetonahill
12/1/2011, 06:06 PM
But Venables' issues stem from the LB, whereas Stoops couldn't recruit DBs to save his life. Pick your poison...
Eric Bassey ring any bells?
Or losing twice to OsU?