PDA

View Full Version : Big Ten Championship Game Looking for Seat Fillers - Wear Red Colors

Buckeye Fan
11/30/2011, 10:10 PM
This is a little embarrassing... The Big Ten or Indiana Sports Corporation put out a Craigslist ad for an "Event-Seat Filler" in Indianapolis that will pay $75 plus parking validation(!). It doesn't exactly say it's for the Big Ten Championship Game but it also says... "Must have red or dark green casual clothing to wear." Kind of like the colors of Wisconsin and Michigan State.

http://www.freep.com/article/20111130/SPORTS07/111130034/Paying-seat-fillers-championship-game-Big-Ten-says-no-way?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

I don't remember the Big 12 having this problem. When you played Mizzou in the Alamo Dome did their fans travel well?

I'll be watching Saturday night, that's going to be a great game. [I mean the Bedlam game]

sooner59
11/30/2011, 10:13 PM
LOL! Awesome.

sooner59
11/30/2011, 10:15 PM
This is a little embarrassing... The Big Ten or Indiana Sports Corporation put out a Craigslist ad for an "Event-Seat Filler" that will pay $75 plus parking validation(!). It doesn't exactly say it's for the Big Ten Championship Game but it also says... "Must have red or dark green casual clothing to wear." Kind of like the colors of Wisconsin and Michigan State.

http://www.freep.com/article/20111130/SPORTS07/111130034/Paying-seat-fillers-championship-game-Big-Ten-says-no-way?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

I don't remember the Big 12 having this problem. When you played Mizzou in the Alamo Dome did their fans travel well?

It wasn't full, but there were plenty of people there. Same for OU vs Mizzou in 2008 in KC. OU vs Nebraska in 2006 was packed...as was OU vs Nebraska in 2010.

SoonerMom2
11/30/2011, 10:32 PM
The two teams who travel the best are OSU and Michigan. When we lived in SoCal, the complaints against the Big 10 were everywhere when Iowa was the Big 10 Champ for the Rose Bowl. They spent little money and shared a lot of hotel rooms compared to OSU or Michigan. I would bet if OSU would have been in the game, the tickets would be selling like hotcakes or Michigan. Little did I realize that one of the Iowa players would someday be leading the team in the town where we live -- Bob Stoops was on that Iowa team.

mdklatt
11/30/2011, 10:34 PM
I don't think anybody sells out their CCG, although Jerry World was pretty full last year.

bluedogok
11/30/2011, 11:07 PM
We saw a bunch of Ohio State fans in San Antonio for that game as well. It was predominantly OU fans but Missouri had good representation there.

IndySooner
12/1/2011, 12:24 AM
The two teams who travel the best are OSU and Michigan. When we lived in SoCal, the complaints against the Big 10 were everywhere when Iowa was the Big 10 Champ for the Rose Bowl. They spent little money and shared a lot of hotel rooms compared to OSU or Michigan. I would bet if OSU would have been in the game, the tickets would be selling like hotcakes or Michigan. Little did I realize that one of the Iowa players would someday be leading the team in the town where we live -- Bob Stoops was on that Iowa team.Funny, because I was very young when Stoops was at Iowa, but as Iowa got better, they became one of the best traveling teams in the Big 10. They always sold out their allotments up until a few years back when they started going to the same bowl games over and over (sound familiar?).

soonercastor
12/1/2011, 12:44 AM
This is NOT true by the way.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/1/2011, 12:52 AM
I don't think anybody sells out their CCG, although Jerry World was pretty full last year. I believe few CCG's sell out. (Maybe because of being in neutral sites, and more travel is involved?) Also, fans might want to save their money for going to a bowl game? Of course, most bowl games don't sell out either, except for the BCS NCG

colleyvillesooner
12/1/2011, 10:32 AM
Here is EDSBS.com's interaction with the Hoaxer...

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2011/12/1/2602611/a-conversation-with-the-b1g-seatfiller-hoaxster

colleyvillesooner
12/1/2011, 10:34 AM
They are saying the B1G CCG is sold out. I wonder how many of these games get "Sold Out" in advance with all the schools that think they have a chance buying tickets through Ticketmaster, then selling them when they don't make it?

Bourbon St Sooner
12/1/2011, 10:48 AM
When the puffs were in the title game it always looked pretty empty. Colorado currently has the football program they deserve.

fwsooner22
12/1/2011, 10:58 AM
When the puffs were in the title game it always looked pretty empty. Colorado currently has the football program they deserve.

When we played Colorado in Reliant it was probably 95% full and there were NO tickets.....I remember because I bought 12 of them. ** had all the seats and still showed up because Reliant had just opened....That was a great crowd because all the ** left as we opened up the game.....

Lawton4Life
12/1/2011, 10:59 AM
Houston in 02 was pretty sparse so was 04 in Kansas City. Mostly due to colorado..but I've never paid face for a big 12 championship ticket..got in for as low as 20 bucks.

SoonerAtKU
12/1/2011, 11:29 AM
I got two seats at Arrowhead right near the club heaters for $40 in 04.

Mississippi Sooner
12/1/2011, 11:40 AM
Here is EDSBS.com's interaction with the Hoaxer...

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2011/12/1/2602611/a-conversation-with-the-b1g-seatfiller-hoaxster

That's hilarious.

badger
12/1/2011, 01:10 PM
That is funny. I think they would have started a riot if they did that in SEC country though. It's too cold to riot in Big Ten country this time of year though