PDA

View Full Version : CFN prediction

kevpks
11/30/2011, 10:56 AM
These guys are usually pretty good:

What Will Happen: Oklahoma will be Oklahoma. While everyone wants to talk about what might happen if Oklahoma State wins, there’s a reason the Sooners have won seven Big Ten titles under Big 12 Big Game Bob Stoops. Weeden will come up with his numbers and the Cowboys will look fantastic at times, but OU’s defense will do just enough to get into the backfield while stopping Joseph Randle and the OSU running game cold. The Sooner offensive line will outplay the OSU defensive front, and Jones will match Weeden stat for stat in a fun see-saw shootout.

CFN Prediction: Oklahoma 38 … Oklahoma State 34

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1134145.html

rekamrettuB
11/30/2011, 11:10 AM
there’s a reason the Sooners have won seven Big Ten titles under Big 12 Big Game Bob Stoops
Haha!

OUInformant
11/30/2011, 11:39 AM
I think so too. Even though our defense has been suspect at times, at other times it has been fantastic, mainly in big games. FSU, KSU, and Texas were probably our three biggest games up until this week, and the defense was extremely good those weeks. Baylor was kinda a big game in which we played horrible defense, since they were a Top 25 team; however, then again, we were a 2 TD favorite and they aren't a rival to us and weren't a Top 5 non-conference opponent (FSU) or a Top 10 undefeated conference opponent (KSU).

Weeden is not a threat running the football and does not throw that well on the run, so I suspect he will be much easier to defend than RGIII. RGIII is the worst kind of QB to face. As long as we do get into OSU's backfield and put a lot of pressure on Weeden, we will be fine. Though, like Coach Stoops said, we need to shut down their running game first and foremost.

I feel we will focus on running the ball and being more balanced on offense since it seems we are running the ball better and better each week (even if the numbers don't show). I think the offense will feel more of a sense of urgency to put up points on each drive, like we did towards the end of the Baylor game, and we will put up between 30-40 points. I think things will come down to defense and special teams for us, and fortunately, our special teams seem to be getting better with the emergence of Hunnicut.

I'm going to go with CFN's score, i.e.,

OU 38 OSU 34

cvsooner
11/30/2011, 12:47 PM
Win the Big 12 for # 12. I hope we win by 12 points. Never realized the quest for #8 was referring to the Big 12 title.

VA Sooner
11/30/2011, 07:59 PM
I'm feeling that same vibe as the folks from CFN.

Close game but OU takes home #8.

StoopTroup
11/30/2011, 08:11 PM
Heh. I guess they didn't read our D's Stats since Venables became Coach..

OUNASH
11/30/2011, 08:15 PM
Heh. I guess they didn't read our D's Stats since Venables became Coach..

They did but realized OsU defense really sucks!!!!!!!

StoopTroup
11/30/2011, 08:18 PM
They did but realized OsU defense really sucks!!!!!!!

So they do have one?

OUNASH
11/30/2011, 08:21 PM
So they do have one?

Looks like not much of one, but the Poke fans will tell you they lead in takeaways.

GDC
11/30/2011, 08:33 PM
OU by a least two touchdowns.

AlbqSooner
11/30/2011, 08:52 PM
Pokies have scored 554 points for an average of 50.6 per game.
Pokes have given up 294 points for an average of 26.73 per game.

OU has scored 483 points for an average of 43.9 per game.
OU has given up 219 points for an average of 19.91 per game.

Pokes get behind by more than 6 on Saturday and they will aggy up and lose by somewhere between 10 and 17 points.

cvsooner
11/30/2011, 09:05 PM
Different service but same score prediction...about halfway down the page.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/30/predictions-101-week-14/

JLEW1818
11/30/2011, 09:38 PM
Sooners go up big early.

Win late.

Okie35
12/1/2011, 02:23 PM
"It's not like big OU's coming to town and they're way better," Blatnick said. "I think we have the better team and I think we're going to prepare extremely hard for them and I think that this game's going to be a great game."

The Cowboys will be the higher-ranked team in the rivalry for the third straight year, but the last two have ended in disappointment. Oklahoma ended 11th-ranked OSU's bid for an at-large BCS berth two years ago with a 27-0 shutout in Norman.