PDA

View Full Version : Things I Don't Understand About Orange Aggy

mdklatt
11/29/2011, 08:47 PM
1. When they call us "Zero U" do they realize that makes them "Zero State"?

2. Do they call Kansas "UK" and Colorado "UC"?

3. Regarding "Yardman U", do they know that you can literally major in lawn care (http://casnr.okstate.edu/current-students/academics/majors/landscape-contracting/?searchterm=landscape%20contracting) at oSu?

4. Why can't they understand the relationship between program success and "T-shirt fans"?

5. Why are they so dismissive of OU fans who shop at Walmart while simultaneously bemoaning the lack of Correctional Facility Orange **** at Walmart?

6. If they really believe that all of their fans are college-educated oSu alumni, how do they explain OP.com?

CowboyMRW
11/29/2011, 09:14 PM
My friend majored in landscape contracting and is making absolute bank doing it.

StoopTroup
11/29/2011, 09:19 PM
My friend majored in landscape contracting and is making absolute bank doing it.

Only because the Mexicans were all run out of the State. Mexican State University's Lawn Care program is much better.

mdklatt
11/29/2011, 09:28 PM

When you see an F-150 full of "landscape contractors", the guy driving is the oSu grad.

(I kid. Sort of. Nothing against landscape contracting, just pointing out that your fan base is logic- and irony-impaired.)

Sooner_Tuf
11/29/2011, 11:01 PM
I have always wondered what exactly is they are a fan of?

bluedogok
11/29/2011, 11:04 PM
I have seen plenty of orange crap in Walmart and Sam's. Just another example of them lying to themselves.

mdklatt
11/29/2011, 11:29 PM
I have seen plenty of orange crap in Walmart and Sam's. Just another example of them lying to themselves.

<osu>But there's always more OU stuff. It's a conspiracy!</osu>

olevetonahill
11/29/2011, 11:31 PM
How they can find THIS attractive :topsy_turvy:

mdklatt
11/29/2011, 11:32 PM

I would actually admire them for being fans of a substandard program--be true to your school and all that--if they weren't so damn delusional and bitter.

OKLA21FAN
11/29/2011, 11:42 PM
See the Chicago Cubs

mdklatt
11/29/2011, 11:45 PM
See the Chicago Cubs

It was awhile ago, but the Cubs actually have a championship.

tm250
11/30/2011, 12:18 AM
They say they don't have bandwagon fans but they're breaking attendance records recently with this good team they have.....They honestly believe they are now a powerhouse in football... F#$%ing idiots!!!

OKLA21FAN
11/30/2011, 12:33 AM
It was awhile ago, but the Cubs actually have a championship.

"But but but......we went 9-0 in '45 and beat St Mary's in the Sugar Bowl!!!!!!!!!"

47straight
11/30/2011, 12:34 AM
7. They accuse the University of Tulsa of being little brother, always getting up for the OSU game, can never match their success, only winning when OSU was down, etc. ---- WITHOUT having the self-reflection to see themselves in every bit of it.

King Barry's Back
11/30/2011, 03:37 AM
7. They accuse the University of Tulsa of being little brother...only winning when OSU was down, etc.

They also should have to acknowledge that OSU was down for a REALLY REALLY long time. Like 70 years or more.

King Barry's Back
11/30/2011, 03:49 AM
MY EXPLANATIONS:

First, bear in mind that almost osu cheers and jeers are straight rip offs from other schools, and much will become clear. Lacking any appreciation for logic and/or irony, they usually fail to realize that changing the context of a cheer sometimes changes the meaning of that cheer.

This is straight rip off from us. We called them "Zero State" since at least the 70s. That was funny because they called themselves "Oh State," and we made it "zero" for obvious reasons. Turning it around gets them points for friskiness I guess, but that's about it.

No, because they are not little brother to those schools. The bigger point - calling us "UO" is a rip off of A&M calling UT "tu." I never heard this "UO" before the Texas schools joined the Big 12. "tu" comes from A&M belittling the U of Texas - they are claiming that Texas A&M is the real University of the State of Texas, and not UT. Calling us "UO" emphasizes the fact that we ARE the real University of the State of Oklahoma. Epic fail for the pokers.

3. Regarding "Yardman U", do they know that you can literally major in lawn care at oSu?

Never heard this one. Must be new?

4. Why can't they understand the relationship between program success and "T-shirt fans"?

Not sure I get this one myself. What are "T-shirt fans"?

5. Why are they so dismissive of OU fans who shop at Walmart while simultaneously bemoaning the lack of Correctional Facility Orange **** at Walmart?

HaHa. This is particularly funny. They make fun of OU fans shopping at Walmart, because they hear elitist places (like UT) making fun of all Oklahomans being ignorant hillbillies, and claiming that we all shop at Walmart. This is particularly ironic, as the fact is that most of those hillbilly Oklahomans who shop at Walmart are from the OSU-supporting community. So when OSU fans make fun of OU fans shopping at Walmart and being hillbillies, you have the hillbillies making fun of the state's elites for being hillbillies. Really hilarious, when you consider it. This is another of those OSU cheers that never emerged until the Texas schools joined the Big 12 and the pokers were exposed to their culture and traditions.

6. If they really believe that all of their fans are college-educated oSu alumni, how do they explain OP.com?

No one will ever be able to explain OP.com.

SoonerBacker
11/30/2011, 06:57 AM
Where the heck did they come up with "gooners" as a putdown for us? Do they honestly think it is offensive or clever? A goon is someone that is employed as someone's personal enforcer, such as either a personal bodyguard or a ruffian who is kept on staff to intimidate or assault people. So do they call us "gooners" because we constantly kick the crap out of them?

cleller
11/30/2011, 08:57 AM
The OSU fan will be forever overshadowed by OU. Achieving greatness on the scale OU has is impossible for them, so they pin all their hopes on beating us once per decade, so they can feel some fleeting sense of accomplishment.

SunnySooner
11/30/2011, 09:39 AM
Well, we decided a coupla months ago in another thread that there is a campfire there in the studio, just off to the side, outta camera range. Has to be, there is no other reason on earth for a male of our species to squat like that. So, that's at least one mystery solved!!!

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk140/tfoolry/0152.jpg

However, this guy remains an enigma. Just WAAYYY too many possible answers for this one. And then, some things are just unexplainable. This may be one of them.

http://www.bikerfox.com/foxphotos3/images/DSCF3371.jpg

SoonerLaw09
11/30/2011, 10:44 AM
MY EXPLANATIONS:

First, bear in mind that almost osu cheers and jeers are straight rip offs from other schools, and much will become clear. Lacking any appreciation for logic and/or irony, they usually fail to realize that changing the context of a cheer sometimes changes the meaning of that cheer.

This is straight rip off from us. We called them "Zero State" since at least the 70s. That was funny because they called themselves "Oh State," and we made it "zero" for obvious reasons. Turning it around gets them points for friskiness I guess, but that's about it.

No, because they are not little brother to those schools. The bigger point - calling us "UO" is a rip off of A&M calling UT "tu." I never heard this "UO" before the Texas schools joined the Big 12. "tu" comes from A&M belittling the U of Texas - they are claiming that Texas A&M is the real University of the State of Texas, and not UT. Calling us "UO" emphasizes the fact that we ARE the real University of the State of Oklahoma. Epic fail for the pokers.

3. Regarding "Yardman U", do they know that you can literally major in lawn care at oSu?

Never heard this one. Must be new?

Not sure I get this one myself. What are "T-shirt fans"?

HaHa. This is particularly funny. They make fun of OU fans shopping at Walmart, because they hear elitist places (like UT) making fun of all Oklahomans being ignorant hillbillies, and claiming that we all shop at Walmart. This is particularly ironic, as the fact is that most of those hillbilly Oklahomans who shop at Walmart are from the OSU-supporting community. So when OSU fans make fun of OU fans shopping at Walmart and being hillbillies, you have the hillbillies making fun of the state's elites for being hillbillies. Really hilarious, when you consider it. This is another of those OSU cheers that never emerged until the Texas schools joined the Big 12 and the pokers were exposed to their culture and traditions.

No one will ever be able to explain OP.com.

In all fairness, we've stolen cheers n stuff from other schools as well. Our fight song is a mashup of Yale's and North Carolina's. And for that matter, calling oSu "aggy" (singular) is something we got from the whorns as their derogatory term for aTm. Before the Big 12, we would say "aggies" (or pokes or sheephumpers). 'Sides that, if I never hear "Jump Around" and "Zombie Nation" again as long as I live, I'll die a little happier.

PrideMom
11/30/2011, 10:45 AM
They think Eskimo Joe's is their mascot......

SoonerLaw09
11/30/2011, 10:45 AM
They think Eskimo Joe's is their mascot......

Joe is far too cool to be their mascot. :D

Dale Ellis
11/30/2011, 10:53 AM

3. Regarding "Yardman U", do they know that you can literally major in lawn care (http://casnr.okstate.edu/current-students/academics/majors/landscape-contracting/?searchterm=landscape%20contracting) at oSu?

I have never had one Aggie provide one shred of proof that a larger % of OSU fans attended OSU than OU fans who attended OU. That is just a myth they perpetuate to make themselves feel better.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/30/2011, 10:59 AM
Waiting for the aggots to show the pic of the challenged OU fan in the South end zone (I believe) as an example of our fan base...

StoopTroup
11/30/2011, 11:13 AM
Well, we decided a coupla months ago in another thread that there is a campfire there in the studio, just off to the side, outta camera range. Has to be, there is no other reason on earth for a male of our species to squat like that. So, that's at least one mystery solved!!!

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk140/tfoolry/0152.jpg

However, this guy remains an enigma. Just WAAYYY too many possible answers for this one. And then, some things are just unexplainable. This may be one of them.

http://www.bikerfox.com/foxphotos3/images/DSCF3371.jpg

He thinks he's a Raccoon.

mdklatt
11/30/2011, 10:31 PM
I have never had one Aggie provide one shred of proof that a larger % of OSU fans attended OSU than OU fans who attended OU. That is just a myth they perpetuate to make themselves feel better.

I can believe they have fewer bandwagon fans (but more than they'll admit); who wants to be a fan of a crappy program you don't have a connection to? The real question is, why do they think this is something to be proud of? All the things they complain about--can't fill their stadium, don't get enough media attention, get passed over for major bowls, can't find enough orange crap at Walmart, lag behind in recruiting--are all at least due in part to having a small fan base. The lack of T-shirt fans is keeping them from getting to the level they want, and if they do get to that level they're going to attract a lot more T-shirt fans.

For a bunch of college graduates they sure are dumb as ****.

mdklatt
11/30/2011, 10:49 PM
For a bunch of college graduates they sure are dumb as ****.

And another thing: What's with their whole cargo cult mentality? They think if the take on the superficial trappings of successful teams they will automatically be successful.

Oregon is successful, and they have a sugar daddy and ridiculous uniforms. Thefore, if we get a sugar daddy and ridiculous uniforms we will also be successful.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/30/2011, 10:53 PM
All I know is that when I see an O State sticker on the pinnacle of Everest and I hear an unprompted "orange power" in a bar in Frankfurt, Germany instead of a thundering "BOOOOOOOMER!", I may give a crap.

CowboyMRW
11/30/2011, 11:11 PM
All I know is that when I see an O State sticker on the pinnacle of Everest and I hear an unprompted "orange power" in a bar in Frankfurt, Germany instead of a thundering "BOOOOOOOMER!", I may give a crap.

Let's climb Everest together then someday. :biggrin:

For real though, it is a goal of mine. I would love to do it

Tulsa_Fireman
12/1/2011, 12:10 AM
But I've seen the sticker. And I've heard the thunder of "BOOOOOOOOMER!"

And on top of all that, I saw a Cain's Ballroom sticker on the side of a traffic light box when I was there. So with that comparison, Cain's Ballroom > Poke.