PDA

View Full Version : Dejuan Miller

SoonerAtKU
11/29/2011, 11:54 AM
I didn't see this posted anywhere, and I just re-watched the highlights from the ISU game. Miller has always been something of an enigma. He's got all of the tools to be a dominant receiver, but has lost focus, had the drops at times, and found himself buried on the depth chart. He's never had more than 1 TD in a season, but this could be a big week for him. He had 7(!) catches last week and was as sure-handed as anyone on the field. If he can build on that effort, it'd be great to see a Cam Kenney-type performance from him in the last two games of his career.

Good luck to him, and Beat OSU!

NormanPride
11/29/2011, 12:07 PM
I've really never understood why he didn't play more. He drops just as much as the other guys on the roster, but he's bigger and stronger than the rest. Considering the effort our WRs give on the outside blocking, he is a nice addition out there for that reason as well.

SoonerAtKU
11/29/2011, 12:10 PM
I always heard it was a dedication and practice thing. Generic doghouse stuff.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/29/2011, 12:14 PM
Quentin Chaney

kbsooner21
11/29/2011, 12:20 PM
Adron Tennell

StoopTroup
11/29/2011, 12:23 PM
I think one of the announcers hit on a bit of it. They were saying that Stoops had askedDeJuan to be more physical with his body.

Now what does that mean?

I'd say it was that if he is big, he needs to play big. Broyles & Stills weren't as big but they play like they are the biggest guys on the field when they are out there. Miller always seems to be on the catch but also ready to take a hit at the same time. Maybe they see him needing to get over that and instead be ready for yards after the catch?

StoopTroup
11/29/2011, 12:28 PM
Just saw the play Landry made to Trent Ratterree and Trent has like 5 guys on him and he's still fighting for yards after the catch.

Stuff like that.

I wish Trent and Hanna got more action but we have a but load of guys open all the time.

cvsooner
11/29/2011, 12:29 PM
He has a tendency to not fight for the ball, and won't use his size to increase his position on making the catch. He can be awesome when he's hot and/or against the right defense.

StoopTroup
11/29/2011, 12:30 PM
Stills makes a play right after that to the 7 yard line and he too is fighting for more yards after the catch.

StoopTroup
11/29/2011, 12:31 PM
He has a tendency to not fight for the ball, and won't use his size to increase his position on making the catch. He can be awesome when he's hot and/or against the right defense.

Yep

cccasooner2
11/29/2011, 01:00 PM
I think one of the announcers hit on a bit of it. They were saying that Stoops had askedDeJuan to be more physical with his body.

Now what does that mean?

Fire Norvell?

VA Sooner
11/29/2011, 08:16 PM
Agree... I don't see the same intensity with Miller after the catch as I do with the others... especially Broyles, Stills, Hanna and Ratterree. Add Millard to the mix as well... carries guys with him for a few yards.

Soonerus
11/29/2011, 09:07 PM
Dejuan = All American...

StoopTroup
11/29/2011, 09:12 PM
Dejuan = All American...

Yeah....with more work and more PT....I think you are right and that he will be.

StoopTroup
11/29/2011, 09:16 PM
Fire Norvell?

I'm not sure I'd fire jay....but if I was gonna Make Josh the sole Offensive Coordinator and Jay was made an offer to be a sole Offensive Coordinator or even Head Coach somewhere....I'd think we could replace him with very little problems or effect to our Team in a Bowl Game or between now and next year.

Soonerus
11/29/2011, 10:10 PM
He really is a great kid, great manners , etc...

Okie35
11/29/2011, 11:41 PM
I mean he does drop passes but he's performed well in certain BIG games. The Texas game last year really stood out to me. He's capable of turning it on.

Soonerus
11/29/2011, 11:45 PM
Agreed...

IBleedCrimson
11/30/2011, 12:16 AM
Definitely an asset that hasn't fulfilled bigtime potential. Against Iowas St he dropped that pass which hit him in the hands on 3rd down in the 1st quarter. But after that, he was money and made some good catches.

His play will definitely be a factor in whether we beat widder brudder.

EDIT: AND O YEAH, FIRE EVERYBODY!!!!!

Sooner_Tuf
11/30/2011, 01:01 AM
I was thinking his missed playing time was due to injuries.

SunnySooner
11/30/2011, 09:11 AM
Yeah, preseason I was hoping DJM would have a break-out year, he was starting to really come on when he blew his knee out last year. He's 6'4", 230 or so--that's a mismatch against just about any DB in the conf, seems like we should be taking more advantage of that. I think all the reasons it hasn't happened discussed here are valid, but man, I'd really love for him to build on this last game and just show OUt against the pukes. If he could get hot, they don't have an answer.

We'll see, if wishes and buts were candy and nuts, it'd be Christmas all effin year, right?

Dale Ellis
11/30/2011, 09:19 AM
He played against ISU, was open in the endzone for a TD and LJ never looked at him.

CatfishSooner
11/30/2011, 12:24 PM
Dejuan is the man!!! He'll be drafted pretty high I suppose...

SoonerAtKU
11/30/2011, 12:46 PM
Define "pretty high". If you mean "at all" then I'd say that's pretty high for a guy with the career he has had. I'd like for him to be a UDFA and land a practice spot with a good team that can develop natural attributes into football talent, but that's usually reserved for guys with a lot of want-to. It's hard to get motivated to bust your butt to land a low-paying gig if you've never really had that motivation before.

Of course, all this is moot if the next two games end up being the Dejuan Show and he rolls off 350 yds, 30 catches and 5 TDs. Let's all pull for that to be the case.

CatfishSooner
11/30/2011, 03:55 PM
Hopefully it's the Dejuan show!!!

Anyone else have any speculation on Dejuan's draft status?

cccasooner2
11/30/2011, 06:27 PM
Dejuan is a SoonerFan and is wearing the cap to show his support of us (top vid in the link). Go get get the pokes!

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/a3_wednesday_report.html