PDA

View Full Version : 12/4: OU Women's bball hosts Ohio State

badger
11/28/2011, 06:46 PM
Oh crappity... we're playing THE Ohio State University... and for the first time yet, I'll have to make the opponent the favored one... eff it, I'll make it even!

You have till 2 p.m. Sunday to vBet!

badger
12/4/2011, 07:08 PM
Not a lot to say, except that I will have plenty to say in the womens chatter thread on the basketball forum tomorrow

Lott's Bandana
12/5/2011, 05:45 PM
Who fouled out? I couldn't find it in the box score.

Just wondering where to look next time.

badger
12/5/2011, 05:57 PM
Who fouled out? I couldn't find it in the box score.

Just wondering where to look next time.

Aaryn "Vegas" Ellenberg. She was the designated fouler at the end of the game when we were trying to stop the clock, probably because she's one of the fastest players and with several fouls to give, we need to foul very quickly and often in the last minute.

Here's a box score screenshot that I grabbed from the game off SS.com:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2w3cnc7.png

And here's what each is:

A: Field goals attempted/Field goals made. Note that this includes anywhere from the floor, including three-pointers. That's why our field goal percentage is often lower than other teams... our girls shoot a TON of threes.

B: Threes attempted/Threes made. This was one of the biggest reasons we lost tOSU --- our three-point shooting was off. Arrrrrrgh.

C: Free throws attempted/Free throws made: Yes, we only shot 6 free throws yesterday. We had more than 8 minutes of bonus time in the second half and couldn't capitalize on this! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

D: Offensive rebounds: The best rebounds you can get.

E: Defensive rebounds: The rebounds you'll probably get instead

F: Total rebounds: D + E = F.

G: Personal fouls: In college, you get 5. Left-right-left-right-left-right SIT DOWN!

H: Total points: Note the lack of points we scored :mad:

I: Assists: Note the lack of assists we had. :mad:

J: Turnovers: Note how many turnovers we always have :mad:

K: Blocks: The rarest stat on our team usually. Wish our tall chicks could block better. Maybe someday.

L: Steals: Usually a rare stat, but not this year... but in this game particularly, unfortunately. We usually ball thief a LOT more. :(

M: The "M" is for minutes. Unless there's overtime, team's total will add up to 200 somehow. Two halves of 20 minutes equals 40 minutes. 40 minutes times 5 players at any given time on the court equals 200. The "40-" that Ellenberg has is because she fouled out in the final minute, so she played more than 39, but not the entire 40.

Yes, I love this team. Tune into my chatter over on the basketball board :)

Lott's Bandana
12/5/2011, 05:59 PM
That's awesome, thanks. I figured somebody was fouling at the end, just didn't see a "fouled out" comment. Didn't think to look at the stat line.