PDA

View Full Version : What will it take to beat orange aggy?

8timechamps
11/28/2011, 04:36 PM
Pressure, pressure and more pressure on Weeded.

And, I'm going to sacrifice a goat just to be safe. Or should it be a sheep?

Breadburner
11/28/2011, 04:43 PM
Perfection in all aspects of special teams....No offensive turnovers.....Establish the run....Pressure Weeden....

NormanPride
11/28/2011, 04:43 PM
Yeah, but mostly no turnovers. If we manage to keep the turnovers low we can spank them. They have looked unbelievably mediocre in games where they don't get a bunch of turnovers.

Of course, we've looked unbelievably mediocre in games that are not FSU and Texas.

Of course, those were two of our three big games this year. The third would be...

stoops the eternal pimp
11/28/2011, 04:46 PM
1. Respond to their scores.
2. No 3 and outs.
3. TDs not FGs
4. Limit their manageable downs(2nd-3rds and >4)

madillsoonerfan5353
11/28/2011, 04:47 PM
...see 2011 OU vs *saxet* D with a better run game to keep Grandpa Weeden and Co. off the field.

badger
11/28/2011, 04:50 PM
More points. As silly as that may sound, that is what it will come down to. We need to answer every time they score, without fail. No relying on defense, we need to SCORE, SCORE, SCORE.

zeke
11/28/2011, 04:56 PM
Better show up with some "Want To" on both sides of the ball....unlike what the last few games have looked like.

oumartin
11/28/2011, 04:57 PM
get in Wedens face, don't bring pressure from the outside blitzes. bring it right up into his face. LB's play good in coverage and yes, no special teams issues.. I think this worries me as much as anything..

I can see them taking one or two back.

sooneredaco
11/28/2011, 05:01 PM

I bet all my vCash that you saying this doesn't surprise anybody

oumartin
11/28/2011, 05:03 PM
I bet all my vCash that you saying this doesn't surprise anybody

It's a fact, they have great return guys and we can't kick it into the damn endzone and the coverage has been spotty!

This isn't a jab, this is fact..

stoops the eternal pimp
11/28/2011, 05:05 PM
get in Wedens face, don't bring pressure from the outside blitzes. bring it right up into his face. LB's play good in coverage and yes, no special teams issues.. I think this worries me as much as anything..

If we are getting pressure up the middle, who is bringing it?

NormanPride
11/28/2011, 05:07 PM
We need to key off of their center cocking his arm before he snaps the ball on pass plays.

achiro
11/28/2011, 05:07 PM
More points. As silly as that may sound, that is what it will come down to. We need to answer every time they score, without fail. No relying on defense, we need to SCORE, SCORE, SCORE.
Score, but use the clock to do it. Keep OUr D off the field as much as possible so they are fresh and can keep up the pressure.

kevpks
11/28/2011, 05:09 PM
Make Aggie remember that they're Aggie. They'll curl up into a ball and take their yearly beating.

I Am Right
11/28/2011, 05:10 PM
Receivers catching the freaking ball

badger
11/28/2011, 05:11 PM
Score, but use the clock to do it. Keep OUr D off the field as much as possible so they are fresh and can keep up the pressure.

I honestly believe that any defensive stops in this game will not be the meat and potatoes, but rather the extra gravy for the winner. Both sides will score a lot. The side that stops scoring loses. We are not going to be doing some 9-6 field goal overtime bullsh!t in our game for conference supremacy.

rekamrettuB
11/28/2011, 05:12 PM
Stop them on 1st down. Make them one dimensional.

oumartin
11/28/2011, 05:17 PM
If we are getting pressure up the middle, who is bringing it?

I dont' care who brings it or how, OU seems to bring their blitzes from the edges and very seldom does it seem a qb has pressure staring him down which allows him to see and complete the underneath stuff that has been a killer for this team.

I'm not claiming to be a defensive guru but the games I have seen this year Weden folds when there is pressure brought up the middle.
His accuraccy seems to be iffy throwing to the edges and he's not gonna stand back there a long time, I just feel that if OU can get up to him up the middle it's going to fix two problems. the underneath stuff just by obscuring his vision and bringing the heat at him in a direction he seems to have trouble with.

Breadburner
11/28/2011, 05:19 PM
If you make Weeden move his feet he ****s up......

sooneredaco
11/28/2011, 05:21 PM
Remind Weeden that our country is going bankrupt and he will be losing his social security check soon while at midfield during the coin toss. His mind will be elsewhere the whole game

rock on sooner
11/28/2011, 05:22 PM
Bring the FSU defensive intensity for 4 quarters, offensively balanced turnover free running and passing. Put Weeden
on his back every time (legally) and that will turn it OUr way.

sooneredaco
11/28/2011, 05:26 PM
Put Weeden
on his back every time (legally) and that will turn it OUr way.

You mean like they did against Tulsa

rock on sooner
11/28/2011, 05:34 PM
You mean like they did against Tulsa If it brings a 47-17 final score then you
are correct.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/28/2011, 05:37 PM
I dont' care who brings it or how, OU seems to bring their blitzes from the edges and very seldom does it seem a qb has pressure staring him down which allows him to see and complete the underneath stuff that has been a killer for this team.

I'm not claiming to be a defensive guru but the games I have seen this year Weden folds when there is pressure brought up the middle.
His accuraccy seems to be iffy throwing to the edges and he's not gonna stand back there a long time, I just feel that if OU can get up to him up the middle it's going to fix two problems. the underneath stuff just by obscuring his vision and bringing the heat at him in a direction he seems to have trouble with.

I see what your saying but I just think it's going to have to come from the outside....

oumartin
11/28/2011, 05:42 PM
I see what your saying but I just think it's going to have to come from the outside....

maybe so but I think we are leaving him a clear throwing lane for the underneath stuff. Hopefully pressure from the edge will get there quick enough to disrupt him if thats what they do..

I'm worried about them not getting enough pressure on him quick enough and them just going down the field. :(

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/28/2011, 05:44 PM
Has anyone mentioned pressure Weeden yet? ;) SRSLY, I watched that Iowa State loss and he looked like a deer looking down the end of Dean's rifle the whole time.

Pressure him a la Weinke.

LASooner
11/28/2011, 05:56 PM
Does Torrance Marshall have any more eligibility?

VA Sooner
11/28/2011, 06:03 PM
I'm going on out on a limb here... but the secret will be... to score more points than they do.

I know it sounds too simplistic... but that is the key to the game. Every game actually.:sneakiness:

sooneredaco
11/28/2011, 06:27 PM
I'm going on out on a limb here... but the secret will be... to score more points than they do.

I know it sounds too simplistic... but that is the key to the game. Every game actually.:sneakiness:

Even if it's just one more point?

achiro
11/28/2011, 06:29 PM
I honestly believe that any defensive stops in this game will not be the meat and potatoes, but rather the extra gravy for the winner. Both sides will score a lot. The side that stops scoring loses. We are not going to be doing some 9-6 field goal overtime bullsh!t in our game for conference supremacy.
If OU gets into an offensive battle they will lose.

cleller
11/28/2011, 07:35 PM
Just need to get the right catering company in there.

soonercoop1
11/28/2011, 07:49 PM
2000 OU D...:joyous:

soonercastor
11/28/2011, 07:50 PM
Score more points?

I Am Right
11/28/2011, 08:00 PM
Score more points?

Good post!

XingTheRubicon
11/28/2011, 08:08 PM
Blake Bell with 10 fullbacks on offense and D.

sooneredaco
11/28/2011, 08:29 PM
Blake Bell with 10 fullbacks on offense and D.

This may be the best offensive strategy I've ever read on this board

rainiersooner
11/28/2011, 08:40 PM

I agree - and in that vein, I think our run game is key. Limit turnovers and chew up clock on the ground.

rainiersooner
11/28/2011, 08:42 PM
Has anyone mentioned pressure Weeden yet? ;) SRSLY, I watched that Iowa State loss and he looked like a deer looking down the end of Dean's rifle the whole time.

Pressure him a la Weinke.

How do we do that? Serious question - btw...how do we pressure Weeden without leaving holes in the middle and secondary? Any X and O types with a thought?

GottaHavePride
11/28/2011, 08:45 PM
Steal their women and rape their horses. It's all about the mind games.

toast
11/28/2011, 08:54 PM
Continually remind Weeden it's getting close to his bedtime.

A Sooner in Texas
11/28/2011, 08:55 PM
Let the sheep loose on the field. That'll distract 'em.

rainiersooner
11/28/2011, 09:18 PM
Continually remind Weeden it's getting close to his bedtime.

As a 33 year old, I resent that.

soonerboomer
11/28/2011, 09:18 PM
Several things: First, the offensive line must give Landry Jones time to throw the ball and open holes for the running backs. Second, the defense has to put pressure on Weeden. Third, the defensive line and linebackers have to make sure that the OSU offensive line does not open up big holes for their runningbacks. Fourth, the defensive ends must not allow the ballcarriers to get outside. Fifth, Landry Jones must be on target and the receivers must catch his passes. Sixth, the defensive secondary must cover their receivers. Seventh, the special teams must play well. If this happens, OU wins and goes to the Fiesta Bowl and probably play Houston and OSU goes to the Sugar bowl and play Georgia as I believe that LSU beats Georgia and plays Alabama for the National Championship. Obviously, the winner of the Oregon/UCLA game (likely Oregon) will play the winner of the Wisconsin/Michigan State game (likely Michigan State) in the Rose Bowl. The Orange Bowl will host the Big East and ACC winners. Which will be the best BCS games? #1 will be the NCG, #2 Fiesta Bowl, #3 Sugar Bowl, and nobody really cares about the Orange Bowl and Rose Bowl games this year.

homerSimpsonsBrain
11/28/2011, 10:06 PM
Valium + Metamucil + Weden = Sleepy Grandpa

kingsby
11/28/2011, 10:50 PM
Brent Venables getting a Head Coaching job by Saturday.

oumartin
11/28/2011, 11:14 PM
I'm hoping Weeden ends up like this. Curtosy of Tom Wort!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7015/6422872127_2561125efd_z.jpg

the_edge
11/28/2011, 11:51 PM
No incomplete pass, incomplete pass, incomplete pass, punt three-and-out possessions. Those are nearly as bad as a turnover.

Dan Thompson
11/29/2011, 12:21 AM
Slow the pace of the game when we have the ball, thus keeping OSU time of possession lowerl. Maybe we should take 30 or 35 seconds per play, instead of around 20 seconds.

IBleedCrimson
11/29/2011, 12:33 AM
Like every other game:

Win turnover margin and win in the trenches.

A little Sooner Magic can't hurt, but the game will be decided by the basic elements which decide most games. If the lines play well, and we force more turnovers, we have a good shot. Don't do these things and aggie will be unbearable for 365 days.

AlbqSooner
11/29/2011, 08:17 AM
Steal their women and rape their sheep. It's all about the mind games.

FIFY

olevetonahill
11/29/2011, 08:28 AM
Keep the weed eater string broken

cleller
11/29/2011, 09:09 AM
Get the NCAA to keep professional athletes out of college football.

champions77
11/29/2011, 09:23 AM
The pukes front 7 is really very average. Pound them with the running game, run that clock and keep Weeden and Blackmon on the bench.

A stat no one is talking about; OU is 4th in the Nation in 3rd down conversion percentage--Defense, allowing opponents offense to convert on 3rd down only 29.94 % of the time.

osu, ranked 79th in the Nation, their D is allowing opponents offense to convert on 41.85% on 3rd down.

Big time advantage for OU

picasso
11/29/2011, 09:26 AM
Those crucial 3rd downs are going to be tough, regardless of their crappy D. Demarco and Broyles both saved us many times last year.

BoulderSooner79
11/29/2011, 09:39 AM
Use a wormhole to open a corridor in the space-time continuum so we can suit up a healthy Broyles and Whaley from a few weeks ago. Tough to do on short notice with the giant accelerator in CERN having so many reliability problems.

-- or --

Out play them.

CowboyMRW
11/30/2011, 02:38 PM
According to some of your fans this is what it'll take

RT @mattIynch: Hey @justblack81 and @bweeden3 r yall getting on an airplane before bedlam? Hopefully. #planecrash#die

This is what pisses OSU fans off about OU.

picasso
11/30/2011, 02:44 PM

RT @mattIynch: Hey @justblack81 and @bweeden3 r yall getting on an airplane before bedlam? Hopefully. #planecrash#die

Oh yes, play that card. Because we all know there isn't a single oSu fan out there who wouldn't do the same stupid ****. Get over yourself.

CowboyMRW
11/30/2011, 02:47 PM
Oh yes, play that card. Because we all know there isn't a single oSu fan out there who wouldn't do the same stupid ****. Get over yourself.

There maybe one, but I haven't seen it this year.

Landthief 1972
11/30/2011, 02:51 PM

If I had a nickel for every off-color joke about Austin Box's death that I heard from the gaggies in the Kingfisher area, I could hire Boone Pickens to clean my toilets; spare us the "your fans are terrible people" rhetoric. You discredit the good fans from both schools.

picasso
There maybe one, but I haven't seen it this year.
Seen what? Do you ever read the Sports Animal pages on facebook? You guys are chock full of just as many mouth breathing knobs.
I'm not going to compare Sam Bradford's injury to the Budke tragedy but there was a ****load of you Pokes making light of it after the BYU game.
btw, I had my Thanksgiving lunch at a table with my cousin and his wife, a former oSu basketball player from two years ago. Yeah, I laughed it up over the plane crash and made sheep jokes the entire time.

Sheesh.

picasso
If I had a nickel for every off-color joke about Austin Box's death that I heard from the gaggies in the Kingfisher area, I could hire Boone Pickens to clean my toilets; spare us the "your fans are terrible people" rhetoric. You discredit the good fans from both schools.
Thank you!

picasso
11/30/2011, 03:01 PM
And MRW, let me be the first to say that dude needs to kicked in the junk for saying that. Pathetic.

texas bandman
11/30/2011, 03:10 PM
Keep Landry from having the happy feet. Every time that happens nothing good results. Landry need to stand in the pocket, when he starts dancing we're in trouble.

CowboyMRW
11/30/2011, 03:19 PM
I'm not saying that all schools have bad fans as I know they do for sure. When you have thousands of fans, no doubt there are some bad apples. This to me was crossing line is all. I saw on OP.com and other sites that OSU fans were respectful of AB12 and the Broyles situation. I'm sure out there though someone made jokes about both situations which is wrong.

I didn't want to come off as being on my high horse. It just really pissed me off especially with what just happened and our community still recovering from the nearly 11 years ago.

Sorry to offend anyone, especially Landthief

8timechamps
11/30/2011, 03:22 PM
I'm not saying that all schools have bad fans as I know they do for sure. When you have thousands of fans, no doubt there are some bad apples. This to me was crossing line is all. I saw on OP.com and other sites that OSU fans were respectful of AB12 and the Broyles situation. I'm sure out there though someone made jokes about both situations which is wrong.

I didn't want to come off as being on my high horse. It just really pissed me off especially with what just happened and our community still recovering from the nearly 11 years ago.

Sorry to offend anyone, especially Landthief

I understood what you were saying, but Landthief was just reminding you that it goes both ways. Which, I'm sure you already knew.

Unfortunately, there are dickheads in every group of fans. Neither of those tragedies should ever be joked about. Ever.

BoulderSooner79
11/30/2011, 03:49 PM

If you get pissed because of some random loose cannon with a cell phone, you shall live forever pissed.

8timechamps
11/30/2011, 04:13 PM
Here's what Roy Finch had to say about last year (via SoonerSports):

"Their fans were saying some of the most disgusting things you can ever say to a player. You can't put them in a newspaper. Children read newspapers. The fans hate us up there.

the-rover
11/30/2011, 04:23 PM
Weeden finding himself on his backside early and often will beat osewe

XingTheRubicon
11/30/2011, 04:40 PM
Mainly, we need God not to be distracted or forget about the game Saturday.

Remember when he put KY jelly on Brent Parker's favorite lamb's hips.

And when he blew Lashar's kick right into the center of aggy hearts after it accidently bounced off some mongoloid's head a few plays before?

Or when he decided to have OU score a TD on the 2 longest pass plays of the entire season back to back to a #3 WR and a TE...

God seems to hate OSU.

Okie35
11/30/2011, 04:45 PM
Keep Landry from having the happy feet. Every time that happens nothing good results. Landry need to stand in the pocket, when he starts dancing we're in trouble.

I think the offense will be fine. It's the defense we have to worry about and probably special teams.

The Maestro
11/30/2011, 04:49 PM
Due to the weather, Finch to the slot. He can still run it from there. Great hands and after the catch running ability.

Rip at fullback and Millard at the tailback spot. Can OSU stop us? Four yards a pop works for me and OSU is giving up 4.4. The best defense is Weeden freezing his old balls off on the sidelines. His bones may start to get brittle. This game is not going to be won throwing the ball in the bad weather. Tell me Rip lead blocking for Millard can be stopped by their run D...I don't see it.

Breadburner
11/30/2011, 04:54 PM
Will Weedumb wear "The Glove".....

Dale Ellis
11/30/2011, 04:55 PM
More points.

I Am Right
11/30/2011, 04:58 PM
Catch the freaking ball

SyN
11/30/2011, 05:23 PM
1..OU play like they want this game more then anything else... Hmmm is this possible...
2..Give Landry 2 to 3 sec to pass the ball... Lord don't make him scramble...
3..When the Turnover Battle...
4..OU receivers catch the easy passes and for gods sake--block down field...
5..Make every field goal...
6..Give Roy at least 2 blocks up front he will do the rest...
7..Keep the pressure on Weeden!!! Keep him on the ground...
8..Have Steele's Uncle kiddnap Blackmon!!!
9..Their def can't stop the BellDozer within the 5yard line... Give the Big Boy the Ball... Follow your 2 Blockers!! TD every time...

My Main 2 are Keep Weeden on his A$$ and Create Turnovers into Touchdowns... Not Field goals...

BoulderSooner79
11/30/2011, 05:42 PM
I think the offense will be fine. It's the defense we have to worry about and probably special teams.

I disagree. The Pokes thrive on turnovers and we have been turning it over lately. Especially with less experienced guys being forced to play.

The Maestro
11/30/2011, 05:54 PM
3..When the Turnover Battle...

Well...finish your thought!!

;)

SoonernAR
11/30/2011, 06:03 PM
We must sacrifice virginal nubile young women to gain victory over the aggy. Plus holding on "TO THE FRICKING BALL" :onthego: