PDA

View Full Version : question!?

lasooner123
11/27/2011, 11:45 PM
Am i correct in my thinking that if lsu loses to georgia we cant have a rematch in the championship. Since Georgia would win the sec they would be guaranteed a bcs bowl and only 2 teams from a conference can play in bcs bowls, no. This would mean either lsu or bama would make the big game and the other wouldnt even be in a bcs bowl....correct??/

kevpks
11/27/2011, 11:55 PM
There is an exemption that states that a conference can get three teams in if the other two didn't win the league and are ranked 1 and 2 in the BCS. Personally, I hope that happens to bring more attention to what a BS system this is.

nighttrain12
11/27/2011, 11:55 PM
http://www.bcsfootball.org/news/story?id=7269886

<snip>

The bowls will fill those berths from teams ranked in the top 14 of the final BCS Standings. No conference may place more than two teams in the BCS games, unless the conference has two teams in the National Championship Game, and neither team is its champion.

swardboy
11/28/2011, 07:27 AM
Kinda like when KSU pummelled us and we got to the Sugar Bowl....kinda. I'm too lazy to check if the Big 12 sent 3 teams BCSing that year.

rekamrettuB
11/28/2011, 10:09 AM
Kinda like when KSU pummelled us and we got to the Sugar Bowl....kinda. I'm too lazy to check if the Big 12 sent 3 teams BCSing that year.

Sort of but you would need Texas to be ranked at #2 in the situation. 2003 loss actually booted Texas, who I think was rated 5ish, to the Holiday Bowl again since KState won the Big XII and went to the Fiesta.