PDA

View Full Version : OU Drops to #10 in the BCS

8timechamps
11/27/2011, 08:28 PM
Not that it matters, we just need to win Saturday.

soonervegas
11/27/2011, 08:33 PM
Looks like the SEC has locked up #6......ugh.

Soonerus
11/27/2011, 08:36 PM
Wonder why we dropped ???

Boomer.....
11/27/2011, 08:36 PM
Better them than aggy.

OU_Sooners75
11/27/2011, 08:53 PM
So we win and we fall?

I want to hear the explanation on this one.

Lott's Bandana
11/27/2011, 08:54 PM
This system is so completely bankrupt, I almost don't care anymore.

LSU gets national teabagging for beating ranked WVA and Miss St, while OSU will get hosed for losing to unranked Iowa St, a team that would beat WVA #22? and Miss St, long unranked.

Teams end up being considered "overrated" by the national media mouthbreathers that ranked them in the first place.

While I have no problem with Bama at #2, I do have a problem with a rematch. They had their shot. Give someone else a crack. That's why we have geographic conferences.

champions77
11/27/2011, 08:54 PM
Does this mean that when we beat the Pukes, they still may be rated ahead of us?

AlboSooner
11/27/2011, 09:01 PM
Does this hurt our chances at a BCS title game?

GottaHavePride
11/27/2011, 09:01 PM
Happened to us in 03, right? We were so far ahead of the field we lost to KSU and still went to the MNC.

MamaMia
11/27/2011, 09:07 PM
Does this mean that when we beat the Pukes, they still may be rated ahead of us? Who knows, but if we beat oSu...wouldnt it be a hoot to say you are the Big 12/10 'whatever' Conference Champions even though you are Baylor's B!tches and got beat at home by Taco Tech? http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/smilies/banana.gif

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 09:08 PM
If Bama plays LSU for all the marbles.....the BCS ought to just go ahead and slit their throats right after they announce it. Even I who is opposed to a Playoff will back anything that isn't BCS.

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 09:09 PM
Who knows, but if we beat oSu...wouldnt it be a hoot to say you are the Big 12/10 'whatever' Conference Champions even though you are Baylor's B!tches and got beat at home to Taco Tech? http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/smilies/banana.gif

We are far from Baylor's bitches.

You are seriously ****ed up.

tulsaoilerfan
11/27/2011, 09:14 PM
Looks like the rematch is pretty much sewn up; that should be a barn burner of a game

MamaMia
11/27/2011, 09:15 PM
We are far from Baylor's bitches.

You are seriously ****ed up.Last time I checked, we lost that game McFly, so unless we won some rematch that I don't know about and they are our b!tches now, we are still their B!tches. The good news is...Texas is still OUR b!tches. That takes a little bit of the sting away.

BoulderSooner79
11/27/2011, 09:17 PM
Does this hurt our chances at a BCS title game?

No.

swardboy
11/27/2011, 09:21 PM
I propose a viewer boycott of the BCS title game if it's LSU/Bama.

MamaMia
11/27/2011, 09:27 PM
I propose a viewer boycott of the BCS title game if it's LSU/Bama.I don't think anyone will have to orchestrate an official boycott. It will happen naturally. Its a non game. Remember when we got beat by Nebraska during the regular season, but we beat them in the rematch? In my eyes, it was a tie who the better team was that season. How can you possibly believe any different if you have even a modicum of common sense and a respect for fairness.

nighttrain12
11/27/2011, 09:29 PM
So we win and we fall?

I want to hear the explanation on this one.

Oregon went up in both the Harris and Coaches poll and the Sooners stayed the same in both. That made the difference.

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 09:30 PM
Last time I checked, we lost that game McFly, so unless we won some rematch that I don't know about and they are our b!tches now, we are still their B!tches. The good news is...Texas is still OUR b!tches. That takes a little bit of the sting away.

You should go watch the replay. Really do your homework too. This time watch the game instead of just the final score. Yeah we lost. We weren't their bitches.

**** like this is what a friend of mine and I were talking about today.

Back in the days when we had guys like Dr. Death Williams there wasn't an internet message board where anyone could watch the ****ty coverage that Keith Jackson did. OU wasn't on TV every Week and most fans had to listen to it on the radio. If you didn't like it.....your choice was to cough up some dough and go to the game. The only real reporting was done in the newspaper and you didn't have blogs. When Sports Reporters sucked they didn't just go start their own blog. They got fired and had to go find a real job. When you walked by Dr. Death and told him he really blew it last Saturday.....he didn't just say whatever and go on.....he took your Husband and threw him through a car window while screaming Boomer Sooner! When the cops got there....they asked you what the hell you said to **** him off and called you an ambulance. Was it right to have things that way? Probably not but that's the way we liked it.

We are Baylor's Bitch?

Go tell that to some players. I know you know where the dorms are.

Who gives a rat's *** about the sting? I think our players really tried to overcome a terribly called game and they did it with poise and class when they probably should have had one of our Graduate Assistants run out and punch them in the face or players roll over the back of their leg for some of the ****ty calls they made that day. The only choice you have is to play on these days. We aren't their bitches and they couldn't pull that off again in a million years and you know it.

McFly. Whatever Rosie.

http://www.bumpdejour.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/rosieksm1-300x283.jpg

nighttrain12
11/27/2011, 09:31 PM
If Bama plays LSU for all the marbles.....the BCS ought to just go ahead and slit their throats right after they announce it. Even I who is opposed to a Playoff will back anything that isn't BCS.

Who should play LSU for the title? OSU if they win against OU? How about if OSU loses to OU, who is the opponent?

soonervegas
11/27/2011, 09:31 PM

Agreed - you should never have a rematch with over 110 options.

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 09:40 PM
Who should play LSU for the title? OSU if they win against OU? How about if OSU loses to OU, who is the opponent?

You know.....I'm not exactly sure but I know that Bama had their shot and they blew it. It just shouldn't be them. I think the Cougars are still undefeated. They would at least deserve a shot. I know Bama doesn't. If the SEC doesn't like it....maybe they shouldn't be making deals with Teams in our Conference.

MamaMia
11/27/2011, 09:40 PM
You should go watch the replay. Really do your homework too. This time watch the game instead of just the final score. Yeah we lost. We weren't their bitches.

**** like this is what a friend of mine and I were talking about today.

Back in the days when we had guys like Dr. Death Williams there wasn't an internet message board where anyone could watch the ****ty coverage that Keith Jackson did. OU wasn't on TV every Week and most fans had to listen to it on the radio. If you didn't like it.....your choice was to cough up some dough and go to the game. The only real reporting was done in the newspaper and you didn't have blogs. When Sports Reporters sucked they didn't just go start their own blog. They got fired and had to go find a real job. When you walked by Dr. Death and told him he really blew it last Saturday.....he didn't just say whatever and go on.....he took your Husband and threw him through a car window while screaming Boomer Sooner! When the cops got there....they asked you what the hell you said to **** him off and called you an ambulance. Was it right to have things that way? Probably not but that's the way we liked it.

We are Baylor's Bitch?

Go tell that to some players. I know you know where the dorms are.

Who gives a rat's *** about the sting? I think our players really tried to overcome a terribly called game and they did it with poise and class when they probably should have had one of our Graduate Assistants run out and punch them in the face or players roll over the back of their leg for some of the ****ty calls they made that day. The only choice you have is to play on these days. We aren't their bitches and they couldn't pull that off again in a million years and you know it.

You are the MASTER of typing these never ending super complicated senseless long posts, going out of your way, no matter how many empty words you have to write, and write and keep writing, to twist the truth around.

You lose...you da Bitch. Its really that simple.

OU_Sooners75
11/27/2011, 09:59 PM
Oregon went up in both the Harris and Coaches poll and the Sooners stayed the same in both. That made the difference.

So Oregon beats a crappy 3-9 Oregon State team, and moves up...while OU dominated a decent Iowa State team (6-5)?

Tell me there isn't a bias somewhere. The same thing happened when OU was undefeated they were falling in the polls for winning.

It is time the BCS GTFO!

OU_Sooners75
11/27/2011, 10:01 PM

How about the only other undefeated team in Houston?

Eielson
11/27/2011, 10:04 PM

Let's have a playoff between LSU, Alabama, Arkansas, and Oregon!

In all honesty, the fairest thing to do would be to hand LSU the title right now. I think Alabama is the better team, but they blew their chance on the field. If Alabama wins the rematch, which I think they would, does that mean we have no national champion? Two one loss teams with their only losses against each other? I guess the SEC wouldn't mind sharing a title with each other...

BoulderSooner79
11/27/2011, 10:41 PM
The Giants beat the previously undefeated Patriots in a superbowl a few years ago. The Pats beat those same Giant in the regular season finale, but they still gave the trophy to the Giants. Ok, that was the NFL but it happens. I hate rematches too and would have argued against it a few weeks back, but I don't see much alternative now. And it's not Houston. I guess UGA could really muddy the waters, but I wouldn't bet real money on it.

KABOOKIE
11/27/2011, 10:50 PM
I'm laughing at all the BCS supporters.

I'd have no problem with an all SEC title game if it were from a playoff. The bowl system is the most corrupt form of sports on the planet. Bowl committees, university presidents and NCAA officials are all in on the shakedown of the college players.

To hear Lou Holtz say players should stay an extra season and get their degree to prove that it's not all about them and to show there's more than just the money is down right sad.

The whole system is raking in $$$$ and you suckers are buying it. I've stopped buying tickets to bowl games. The only way we will ever get a playoff is if this SEC scenario happens several times. That would be awesome.

BoulderSooner79
11/27/2011, 11:03 PM
As far as why OU would fall a notch, I'm guessing the voters really don't put much thought into after the top 5 this time of year.

Neath a Western Sky
11/27/2011, 11:10 PM
I'm for the best two teams playing for the National Championship. That is apparently LSU and Alabama. Bama shouldn't be penalized for having to play those azzhats during the regular season in their own division. Besides, in my opinion, Bama got hosed out of that game when the refs called that 4th down wildcat pass completion down to the LSU one yard line a pic, even though the Bama receiver was already down when the defender took the ball from him. LSU has beaten just about everyone that got close to them in the rankings this year. I want the best team, with the best chance to beat the low-rent Cajuns and break their gutter trash fan base's hearts, in the BCS Championship. All this, including dropping in the rankings after a victory, is what happens when you lose to middling teams like Tech and Baylor. And it is why many of us were and are deeply dejected about it. We lost opportunities, we lost respect. We lost a lot. Hopefully something will change and next year we'll fulfill our potential.

OU_Sooners75
11/27/2011, 11:14 PM
I'm for the best two teams playing for the National Championship. That is apparently LSU and Alabama. Bama shouldn't be penalized for having to play those azzhats during the regular season in their own division. Besides, in my opinion, Bama got hosed out of that game when the refs called that 4th down wildcat pass completion down to the LSU one yard line a pic, even though the Bama receiver was already down when the defender took the ball from him. LSU has beaten just about everyone that got close to them in the rankings this year. I want the best team, with the best chance to beat the low-rent Cajuns and break their gutter trash fan base's hearts, in the BCS Championship. All this, including dropping in the rankings after a victory, is what happens when you lose to middling teams like Tech and Baylor. And it is why many of us were and are deeply dejected about it. We lost opportunities, we lost respect. We lost a lot. Hopefully something will change and next year we'll fulfill our potential.

Who is to say Bama is indeed one of the top 2 teams? They lost to LSU...yeah...but they don't exactly have a great resume this year either. Their signature wins...Arky and Penn State. Only 3 other teams are bowl eligible and they played 1 FCS team in Georgia Southern.

If OSU doesn't lose to OU, they play 8 Bowl eligible teams with no FCS teams. They also have beaten a total of 4 teams ranked in the BCS. Bama just 2.

Who is to say that Bama is the real #2? There are arguments everywhere against them.

OU_Sooners75
11/27/2011, 11:16 PM
The Giants beat the previously undefeated Patriots in a superbowl a few years ago. The Pats beat those same Giant in the regular season finale, but they still gave the trophy to the Giants. Ok, that was the NFL but it happens. I hate rematches too and would have argued against it a few weeks back, but I don't see much alternative now. And it's not Houston. I guess UGA could really muddy the waters, but I wouldn't bet real money on it.

Difference?

The NFL has a playoff...the FBS CFB doesnt! If the season is the playoff, then Bama had their chance. Just like your reference, had the Giants lost in the NFC Championship, they wouldn't have gotten the trophy.

Blue
11/27/2011, 11:41 PM
You're p issing into the wind 75. All we can do is turn off espn and the games. Or shut up and take it.

hawaii 5-0
11/27/2011, 11:48 PM
I only see two undefeated teams this year.

And Alabama isn't one of them.

5-0