PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Lights

jkjsooner
11/27/2011, 06:41 PM
So what do you do for Christmas lights on your house? Are you more like Clark Griswald or do you think minimal is better? Do you do color lights or just white ones?

I have to say, I think white lights are very classy but IMO the all white thing is way overdone. I appreciate the classy look but it's boring when there's not a single color in the entire neighborhood.

I'm not a fan of the multi-colored strands. I do like one tree in red, another in green, etc. Last year I wrapped (very tightly wrapped so high light concentration) the bottom of a couple of tall pines in colored lights. One was red and the other green. It had a little Griswald or Vegas effect but I liked it. This year I don't have the pine trees to wrap the lights around so I did something similar with the pillars in front of my house.

virginiasooner
11/27/2011, 06:49 PM
Candles in the window. But they stand out because all my building neighbors are too lazy to do any Christmas decor.

SCOUT
11/27/2011, 07:17 PM
Outline of the front of the roof in red and white lights. Multi-colored nets around some the hedges.

MountainOkie
11/27/2011, 07:22 PM
Just the tree inside, displayed in the window.

The easy way because I can be a lazy cuss.

hawaii 5-0
11/27/2011, 11:59 PM
Multicoloured LEDs around the front eaves.

Maybe some lit up candy canes this year.

5-0

olevetonahill
11/28/2011, 12:01 AM
None and Done

hawaii 5-0
11/28/2011, 12:02 AM
None and Done

Actually I thought you were gonna say you never take 'em down.

5-0

olevetonahill
11/28/2011, 12:43 AM
Actually I thought you were gonna say you never take 'em down.

5-0
I havnt put up any lights Nor a tree in years . Hell I live in a shack in the woods whos gonna see?

hawaii 5-0
11/28/2011, 01:11 AM
I havnt put up any lights Nor a tree in years . Hell I live in a shack in the woods whos gonna see?

How will Santa find you on Christmas Eve? Gonna hang a stocking and put out milk and cookies? A salt lick for the reindeer?
5-0

Tulsa_Fireman
11/28/2011, 01:25 AM
How will Santa find you on Christmas Eve? Gonna hang a stocking and put out milk and cookies? A salt lick for the reindeer?
5-0

Duh.

The glow from the still. Might as well be the landing lights at LaGuardia 'cause Santa loves him some corn water.

Boomer.....
11/28/2011, 08:46 AM
We wrapped the house and completely wrapped the tree in our front yard with white LEDs. We also used white and red LEDs on the two small trees in front of the entry way to make them look like candy canes.