PDA

View Full Version : OU a three point dog to the Pokes

OUNASH
11/27/2011, 04:40 PM
I was thining it would be about -6.5. I still think we win an ugly game.

rainiersooner
11/27/2011, 04:41 PM
At this point I have no idea which OU team shows up....

Breadburner
11/27/2011, 04:43 PM
I do...The one thats whipped OSU's *** for the last 8 years......

MamaMia
11/27/2011, 04:44 PM
At this point I have no idea which OU team shows up....Probably the only one we have left. :D

nighttrain12
11/27/2011, 04:48 PM
Alright, all these people who are so sure OU will beat OSU for the 9th season in a row need to put their money where their mouth is and bet their entire vCash on it. I'll be betting 100 only on it. LOL

goingoneight
11/27/2011, 04:52 PM
OSU can run away with this thing really easy if they don't aggy it up like they usually do when something important is on the line. We're still a decent team, we're just depleted injury-wise. It's not like 2009 when we were still a better team regardless of injuries. We were pretty even til the late season battle scars started showing up.

I am trying to put my faith in the OU defense playing their best game of the year to help out our struggling offense. We need Frank and Ronnell IMO. Bob's teams have been minimally better defensively than OSU in recent years and it has been the difference-maker when it comes time for both of our normally high-powered offenses to square off. They can either be great and be the difference in this game or they can struggle and let OSU beat them like Tech and Baylor did.

As for OU, taking care of the ball offensively will go a long way in their favor offensively. Even if they can't get first downs or even complete passes, don't give OSU turnovers. They've thrived off of lucky breaks this year.

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 04:53 PM
Alright, all these people who are so sure OU will beat OSU for the 9th season in a row need to put their money where their mouth is and bet their entire vCash on it. I'll be betting 100 only on it. LOL

I haven't Vbet all year so I'm gonna go put it all on the Sooners if it will let me. I hope you feel better. :D

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 04:56 PM
There's no bet for the damn game! WTF?

Maybe we need a man to take care of this. :D ;)

8timechamps
11/27/2011, 05:45 PM
OSU can run away with this thing really easy if they don't aggy it up like they usually do when something important is on the line. We're still a decent team, we're just depleted injury-wise. It's not like 2009 when we were still a better team regardless of injuries. We were pretty even til the late season battle scars started showing up.

I am trying to put my faith in the OU defense playing their best game of the year to help out our struggling offense. We need Frank and Ronnell IMO. Bob's teams have been minimally better defensively than OSU in recent years and it has been the difference-maker when it comes time for both of our normally high-powered offenses to square off. They can either be great and be the difference in this game or they can struggle and let OSU beat them like Tech and Baylor did.

As for OU, taking care of the ball offensively will go a long way in their favor offensively. Even if they can't get first downs or even complete passes, don't give OSU turnovers. They've thrived off of lucky breaks this year.

Maybe it's because I'm a sunshine pumper, but I haven't been impressed with OSU this year (and by "impressed", I mean seeing them as a top 5 team). They've struggled with every good team they've played, and showed against ISU that they are not untouchable. We are certainly not the same team we were a month ago, but I still think we are talented enough to beat the Pokes. Not having Ronnell isn't going to help, but hopefully the defense that manhandled Texas, FSU and Iowa State shown up. I see it a lot like the Texas A&M game, just a little closer due to our injuries on the offensive side of the ball.

AlbqSooner
11/27/2011, 05:53 PM
There's no bet for the damn game! WTF?

Maybe we need a man to take care of this. :D ;)

You better hope she knows that is a winky.

Plexis22
11/27/2011, 06:42 PM
How many players will be out for this game? Obviously Broyles and Whaley on offense, anyone else? What is Jaz Reynolds' status? And on defense is it certain Ronnell Lewis won't play? What is Frank Alexander's status?

cleller
11/27/2011, 07:00 PM
This is one time I can agree with yesterday's TV announcers. One said OSU has a complex, and cannot beat OU. The other said that this is the year he thinks OSU can do it.

I think one of them is dead on.

delhalew
11/27/2011, 11:13 PM
Hey Gundy, I'm inside your mind...****ting in your mom's fish tank.

Sorry Cale...my bad.

Sooner_Tuf
11/28/2011, 03:30 AM
Gundy will be distracted by all the OU shirts in his house.

stoopified
11/28/2011, 10:27 AM
I'll take the points.

tfoolry
11/28/2011, 10:33 AM
Team on the rise.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk140/tfoolry/0152.jpg

StoopTroup
11/28/2011, 10:34 AM
You better hope she knows that is a winky.

She's knows I've been shut off from damn near everything except posting so if she doesn't know what the emoticons are....she probably ought to get to reading up on those too.

StoopTroup
11/28/2011, 10:35 AM
Team on the rise.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk140/tfoolry/0152.jpg

Word on the street is those hair weaves he uses is made from the Raccoon Friends he's buried over the years.

rock on sooner
11/28/2011, 10:38 AM
Vegas sez OSU -3 means that in essence it's even up. Home field is usually worth three points. Alexander should play and
good chance that Ronnel can go. Remember against ISU we spent a lot of time showing run for the Cowboys so they have
to prepare for both the run and the pass. Just can't see our passing game empty of TD's three weeks running. I have a good
feeling about ruining the Cowboys' hopes and dreams and, yes, vcash is going to be spent in the betting pool.

BOOMER!

SoonerMarkVA
11/28/2011, 10:50 AM
I hope the entire country concludes over the course of this week that OU doesn't stand a chance. The one thing that consistently fires up our team is when they are being dismissed.

All we have to do is rattle Weeden. The rest will take care of itself. If we can't harass Weeden, then it'll probably be a long night.

BigTip
11/28/2011, 10:54 AM
I was thining it would be about -6.5. I still think we win an ugly game.

My brother in law and I try to handicap games before the line comes out. We both thought it was going to be at six. I'll be damned if I'm going to lay any cash on the pukes though!

VA Sooner
11/28/2011, 11:14 AM
I see OU beating OSU in a tight one... defense slugging it out with OSU's offense while our offense tries to get going. I suspect more tight ends in the passing game because of the dropsies. I see Finch and Williams carrying the rock and playing their guts out because the pressure will be on them more so. I see 200+ yards rushing to keep their offense off the field. I also see the Belldozer package over and over but I hope we add a few more wrinkles... option to Millard or Ripkowski (needs more work on this one but I suspect Heupel is already working on this).

Edge of your seat game but we will prevail. I'd give all my vCash away for Ronnell and Alexander back healthy on the line... that would be the difference in the game... pressure on Weeden who is deadly accurate when given all day to pass.

Boomer.

SoonerMarkVA
11/28/2011, 11:47 AM
I also see the Belldozer package over and over but I hope we add a few more wrinkles... option to Millard or Ripkowski (needs more work on this one but I suspect Heupel is already working on this).

The main thing Bell has to prove is that the pass game is a genuine threat. So far, his two pass attempts out of the formation have been, well, very uninspiring. I'm hoping it's just nerves, and not that the guy can't throw. If we can effectively pass out of the Belldozer formation, it's going to be darn near impossible to defend.

I also like that they ran the option out of it a few times, but it was pretty clear that it wasn't truly an option. First time, Bell was keeping it no matter what; second, he was pitching. If they can make it a true option, and get Bell to make the right read, that too will be deadly.

BU BEAR
11/28/2011, 01:32 PM
Good luck to the Sooners this week. I am pulling for you to beat OSU.

badger
11/28/2011, 02:14 PM
If nobody's mentioned it already, they were favored... last year. :stunned:

8timechamps
11/28/2011, 02:22 PM
Vegas sez OSU -3 means that in essence it's even up. Home field is usually worth three points. Alexander should play and
good chance that Ronnel can go. Remember against ISU we spent a lot of time showing run for the Cowboys so they have
to prepare for both the run and the pass. Just can't see our passing game empty of TD's three weeks running. I have a good
feeling about ruining the Cowboys' hopes and dreams and, yes, vcash is going to be spent in the betting pool.

BOOMER!

Are you sure? Last I've heard, Ronnell is out for the season (although, a bowl game may be a possibility). If this is true, it would make me feel much better about the defense.

oudivesherpa
11/28/2011, 02:25 PM
The over/under is 81 1/2. Does anyone think the number will be under 81?

Soonermagik
11/28/2011, 02:27 PM
I've always heard the home team gets 3 points in lines. If that holds true, then this is a pick-em game.

Honestly, I think OU wins by double digits. I could see something like 34 to 21. I just think OSU's defense is horrid. Also, OSU hasn't played a legit physical defense yet. I know OU's defense has been hit or miss, but in the "big games" OU's D has been awesome i.e. Florida State, Texas etc...

cvsooner
11/28/2011, 04:45 PM
If nobody's mentioned it already, they were favored... last year. :stunned:AND higher ranked. And for the third year in a row, for that matter.

cvsooner
11/28/2011, 04:46 PM
Are you sure? Last I've heard, Ronnell is out for the season (although, a bowl game may be a possibility). If this is true, it would make me feel much better about the defense.Coach Shipp said something along the lines of 'outside chance' Ronnell could play Saturday. But mostly likely he's out until the bowl game.

sooneredaco
11/28/2011, 04:57 PM
The pokes defense has been spending most of their time in the barn raping poor little sheep. They haven't put the hours in that are needed to have a decent squad on the field. As always those "FFA" meeting are going to prove to be costly to Oklahoma A&M

GottaHavePride
11/28/2011, 08:32 PM
The main thing Bell has to prove is that the pass game is a genuine threat. So far, his two pass attempts out of the formation have been, well, very uninspiring. I'm hoping it's just nerves, and not that the guy can't throw.

The word out in Wichita is that the kid's a monster - one of those beats-the-opposing-team-single-handedly-without-breaking-a-sweat kind of players - but OU's staff didn't like his throwing mechanics and have been trying to teach him to throw the ball "right". He may still not have the new mechanics down.

ouflak
11/29/2011, 04:58 AM
A lot of put-your-money-where-your-mouth-is in this thread. So here you go (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?163460-OU-versus-Oklahoma-State)!

llsooner7
11/29/2011, 05:20 AM
One thing I know for sure this year is that OU is pretty hard to beat when motivated. Like to see Williams running the ball. I expect a more complex belldozer, too. If we consistently get pressure on Weeden, I think their offense will implode.

BoulderSooner79
11/29/2011, 09:47 AM
One thing I know for sure this year is that OU is pretty hard to beat when motivated. Like to see Williams running the ball. I expect a more complex belldozer, too. If we consistently get pressure on Weeden, I think their offense will implode.

I wonder about the motivation. OSU is still in the BCS title hunt while our guys know for sure they are not which has been their goal all season. They have had a couple of weeks to digest that fact, so hopefully they can focus on the conference title. That's the biggest brass ring left. I was very happy with the way Williams was worked into the mix last week - not too much to overwhelm him, but enough to really get him involved. Could be a big factor.

cvsooner
11/29/2011, 12:40 PM
Defense sure seemed motivated against Iowa State. I know they feel they have something to prove after their showings against Tech and Baylor.

OULenexaman
11/29/2011, 12:55 PM
A lot of put-your-money-where-your-mouth-is in this thread. So here you go (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?163460-OU-versus-Oklahoma-State)! screw it......I went all in.

cccasooner2
11/29/2011, 01:50 PM
Coach Shipp said something along the lines of 'outside chance' Ronnell could play Saturday. But mostly likely he's out until the bowl game.

Stoops said in his Tues. press conf. that Ronnell wanted to play but the doctors are very unlikely to clear him.

OUDoc
11/29/2011, 01:58 PM
Stoops said in his Tues. press conf. that Ronnell wanted to play but the doctors are very unlikely to clear him.So he's playing? :D

LVokie
11/29/2011, 02:30 PM
So he's playing? :D

No, he's dead.